What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"You are not allowed to login to the server at this time"

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    played just last night until the wee hours of early morning and then when i get back...poof no access. now i can't get in at all. servers or whatnot...big company with all of our money and still not doing it right? watch out for possible litigation if not resolved within the next day or so. that's what happened with ea, wow and Sony. all of them had similar problems until a court issue corrected it all. come on guys fix the boo boo and let's play fair.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    can't log in and my full retial key is active, what I wanna know is since this a problem at your end are you gonna offer added game time since this is cutting into our 30 days?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I was getting you're not allowed to log on at this time... now I'm getting disconnected from server before even trying to connect (got preorder from steam with 30 days free) it hasn't been 30 days what's going on?

D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My game has been shipped from the retailer but I haven't received it yet. Will I not be able to play before I get the physical game in my hands and enter a third key? I already received a key for open beta and headstart and then another key for in-game items.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    key good and all but still cant log in...hmmm any suggestions
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    anyone else preorder with steam and got a 2nd key to activate the game? something i'm missing? i thought i would still have 30 days of free play still.

Does anyone at Cryptic ever read this? This post will be 100 pages soon without even an acknowledgement reply by someone.

Maybe I need to set up a subscription, but O, wait, I can't cause that section of the website no longer exists. heh, puzzled like so many others. I just wanna keel some stuff ST style, is that too much to ask?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I preordered from steam, entered the headstart key, and haven't recieved anything further.

I can't login, but I'm pretty sure I haven't entered my retail key yet.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am unable to login with the above error, support ticket created. Any help would be appreciated.

Lunn
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I preordered from steam, entered the headstart key, and haven't recieved anything further.

I can't login, but I'm pretty sure I haven't entered my retail key yet.

Same but I ordered my from Gamestop...hmmm tried Gamestop but no help...any word on what to do next?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Here we go again. Had this problem over the weekend but then they must've fixed it as I was able to later.
    As of this posting I am now again unable to log in and its been many hours of trying. Lifetime subscriber. What gives? :(:confused::mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I purchased the 12 month subscription and I am receiving the unable to login in at this time.....Do you need a retial key if you purchased the 12 month subsciption? If so how do I get this...Don't remember getting one but I do know that my card is on file and was charged for the 12 month service.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    GM_indigofyre.

Hey there. i have both my Gold edition key and normal retail key acitvated. entered them in yesterday when te amazon package arrived.

Any further info on this would be awesome
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    cant log in have
    preorder and Digital Deluxe Edition from DTD
    AND 12 MONTH sub
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Your link is missing the ".com"

when I enter (re-enter, really) the retail code I got from Direct2Drive when I downloaded the game, I get the following message:

This product key is already active, it cannot be used again.

I WANT to choose a subscription plan, but I am not able to. The account page has no clickable link to get to that.

Additional information:
    the account "dashboard"

Products Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features
    Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Subscriptions
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dashboard:
    Activated Features
    Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Subscriptions

I do not have the option to select a subscription. someone help?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    gws161 wrote: »
    I purchased the 12 month subscription and I am receiving the unable to login in at this time.....Do you need a retial key if you purchased the 12 month subsciption? If so how do I get this...Don't remember getting one but I do know that my card is on file and was charged for the 12 month service.....

Yes you have to buy the game. You can buy it at any retail store, like Best Buy, Game stop, Amazon.com, etc. When you get the box you go to www.startrekonline.com/activate and log in. You then put in the key that comes in the box and then you are acivated to use the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What I can't understand is that they know you have brought the game if you have a pre-order key, bonus item key and already paid a Life time subscription or 12 month recurring.

Why is the retail key so essential if I have already paid Cryptic £175 for the priviledge of playing a game I can no longer play as amazon didn't send them out till Thursday in the UK, and it still has not arrived to date.

Yes I have entered a ticket no doubt I will get a reply after the game has arrived lol.

Well nothing else to do LOTRO for me till this is sorted.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The-Raver wrote: »
    What I can't understand is that they know you have brought the game if you have a pre-order key, bonus item key and already paid a Life time subscription or 12 month recurring.

Why is the retail key so essential if I have already paid Cryptic £175 for the priviledge of playing a game I can no longer play as amazon didn't send them out till Thursday in the UK, and it still has not arrived to date.

Yes I have entered a ticket no doubt I will get a reply after the game has arrived lol.

Well nothing else to do LOTRO for me till this is sorted.

The keys you entered to play headstart and open beta were not all pre orders. They had some keys that were given out through downloads on websites. That is why they are cutting it. Not that it is good for business what they did. Should have given at least 2 weeks from launch before cutting it with shipping etc for alot of people even here in the U.S.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    From what I'm reading many (not all but many) seem to be confused by the fact that they bought a subscription only; but are surprised they still can't log in - or others who pre-ordered the game digitally, and somehow thing the pre-order code is the same as the retail code.

1) The Pre-Order Code got you into open beta and the Headstart. It also allowed you to play during the 'grace period'; but that period is ending for folks in the U.S. and Europe.

2) You may have purchased a subscription - and YES, you do have the game client on your PC - but you STILL need to BUY A COPY OF THE ACTUAL GAME BOX (OR A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD) to get a RETAIL KEY. The Pre-Order key you had IS NOT a Retail Key - and without a valid retail key tied to your account you cannot log into the game.

Now, I realize there are others who DO have a Retail Key and a Subscription who still can't log into the game and those folks do need to be helped by Cryptic; but the rest of you who just had a Pre-Order key, or who just purchased a subscription and nothing else need to realize that you need BOTH a valid Retail Key AND a valid Subscription to continue playing the game. If you do not have both of those tied to your account, you can't log in.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I also are not allowed to login. Again! This is the fourth time that this happens to me since the last few days, I was´nt able to play whole Sunday long, and now again I have this Problem since yesterday (Monday) evening.

I´m from Germany and I have purchased the Collector's Edition at Amazon.de, and about one week ago I recived an e-mail with the following content:

Due to production difficulties from manufacturer Namco Bandai, the delivery of the Collector's Edition unfortunately will be delayed by several days.

So is the Beta / Head Start key, which you have already received via e-mail converted into a temporary Retail-Key, with which you can play the full version of Star Trek Online fully from 02.02.2010 until
    21.02.2010. So you will get 20 days extra playing time as an excuse for late delivery.

Now I wonder why I´am constantly not allowed to play, and I´m hoping you fix that soon, and because the Package is not even on it´s way, using my real Retail Key yet isn´t an option for me.

Finally, I want to apologize for my writing style, but I hope you understand what I want to say.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    "You are not allowed to login to the server at this time"
    My retail KEY IS ACTIVE!!

Get it solved!!! This is effecting game time that is already paid for...

Yet I keep getting the message above...

Below is my info for the completed payment:

Business Name:
    Cryptic Studios (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
    Email:
    billing@crypticstudios.com
    Payment Sent to:

stobilling@crypticstudios.com

Total Amount:
    -$119.99 USD
    Fee amount:
    $0.00 USD
    Net amount:
    -$119.99 USD

Item Amount:
    $119.99 USD
    Shipping:
    $0.00 USD
    Handling:
    $0.00 USD
    Quantity:
    Order Description:
    Star Trek Online 12 Month Subscription Preorder
    Date:
    Jan 28, 2010
    Time:
    19:33:28 PST
    Completed
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have the DDE edition from Atari, a lifetime subscription and the afternoon off. So imagine how ****ed I am! But other than threatening to talk to my credit card company about failure to deliver service rendered, and go back to EvE, what else can I do?

Naw, I'm just jonesing after being away for a couple days and coming back to this...

Apparently SOME people can get in? Is this a PayPal glitch I wonder, since I paid through them? Did you all pay through paypal too?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've also been having the same problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As the title says. I purchased it from Gamesplanet and have been happy playing until today. I have wrote to Gamesplanet and have had no response all day. Im pretty *&@&ed off as I have spent money on a product I cant use.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    When I try to log in, I get message: You are not allowed to log in to this server at this time, I tried to re-register my key but got error message: This product key is already active, it cannot be used again. Please advise. I had the SyFy pre-order but only received one key so no pre-order bonus item redemption either.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    pls find the time to help while i still have some hair left on my head.

after arrival of my gold edition package i have been trying every day to enter my codes to put my 30 days free and receve my free bonus uniform.

code on manual is recognsed as
    You are subscribing to:
    Star Trek Online - Retail
    With 30 free days
    THEN ASKS ME TO SUBSCRIBE !!

the code on the card is recognised by your system as
    You are subscribing to:
    Star Trek Online - Gold Edition
    With 30 free days
    THEN ASKS ME TO SUBSCRIBE !!

it will not go any further and if i pick "None recurring subscription" and tab the game card it asks for a game card code of which none of my codes work and there fore i am going round and round in circles after pre ordering the game to make sure i would have none of this hassle - AND I STALL CANT PLAY

this is just 1 of 3 gold edition accounts we purchased - also when installed from the disk the cryptic updater does not update - however that is a minour problem which we can get round as we were on beta and that has managed to update itself daily.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i got the same problem as everyone else .. no need for details .Please guys just fix the damn thing so we can resume playing ... jesus
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    redeemed key already and today cant log in?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same Issue here :( , and my game is active.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ooooh genius....Any info for the other mere mortals?