test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"You are not allowed to login to the server at this time"

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    after doing some looking it seems even though i have put in retail key it is not showing up on my account info. have enterd key i got from DTD on feb 5. did this on the 5th and again today, dont get key allready enterd no matter how many times i try.
    edited February 2010
    hyneman wrote:
    Activated Features

* Star Trek Online - Preorder
    * Star Trek Online 12 Month Subscription Preorder
    * Star Trek Online - In game items

i have attempted to redeem my retail key, and it asks me to pay for another 12 months subscription to do so, that is going on here.

and im the same i am unable to login

I'm in exactly the same situation, when I put the key in it tells me that Im already subscribed for the twelve months, and then gives me the option of subscribing again - by paying again. But, although it lists whats been activated like yours, the subscription itself (as shown in my account) is blank.

Activated Features

* Star Trek Online 12 Month Subscription Preorder
    * Star Trek Online - In game items

Subscriptions
    edited February 2010
    same as all of the above. have had the same problem before but have been able to login after a while. no such luck today
    edited February 2010
    this is getting old. please extend grace untill you get problems worked out on YOUR end.
    edited February 2010
    I played for about 5 hours on Monday. Logged off to go to store. Came back., and got you can't log into server at this time.

Account is active. Cerdit card company as paid Cryptic

For those of us who have paid for Life time or 12 months. We dont get a month free. We start our Life time of 12 months for the moment Cryptic got our money.:

Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Star Trek Online 12 Month Subscription Preorder

:confused:
    edited February 2010
    still no reaction from cryptic.....?

seems they are all busy drinking coffee eh?
    edited February 2010
    I am also very happy I didnt buy a monthly plan or worse.... It is a great game but too many teething flaws. This SHOULD still be beta and shouldnt charge peeps for this flawed TRIBBLE. We should all be compensated for loss of game time.
    edited February 2010
    I can't log in and my full retial key is active, what I wanna know is since this a problem at your end are you gonna offer added game time since this is cutting into our 30 days?
    edited February 2010
    karm11 wrote: »
    this is getting old. please extend grace untill you get problems worked out on YOUR end.

Agreed. I'm getting tired of this. Preordered, paid for, Open Beta/Head Start, done everything correctly my end that i would do with any MMO only to be locked out with little response. Pretty pathetic right now and no matter how great i think the game is and will be later on, i can see myself, my friends and family giving this one a big miss.

Make it so (and quickly!!!!)
    edited February 2010
    I haven't been able to log in since last night.
    edited February 2010
    Gonna have a full scale mutiny on your hands. Need to keep us posted and keep us happy. We need cookies or something.
    edited February 2010
    Welcome to #STO -- F�r die Deutschen: #STOGerman -- Pour le Fran�ais: #STOFrench -- If you can't login: Headstart/Grace has ended. Your account should look like: http://tinyurl.com/stoacctpic - Check your account at: https://www.startrekonline.com/user/ - Enter your retail key at: http://www.startrekonline.com/activate - You MUST pick a subscription. More issues? Contact support: http://www.startrekonline.com/support
    edited February 2010
    This is acctually starting to look interesting in this thread.

Lets see tho.

Around 850 posts. Thats around 750 unhappy subscribers. Some lifetime, some year and some 1-3 month.

Then there are those with multiple bought games, in game items and more.

Image if they all started revoking there payments. Would that be called a disaster maybe ?

Come on >.> we only want HELP and INFORMATION on what the hell is going on.
    edited February 2010
    Funny guy. We have all paid for subs and aint payin agian.
    edited February 2010
    Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features

* Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe

Subscriptions

* Recurring 1-Month ACTIVE
    Next Billing Date: Mar 4 2010
    Credit Card Last Four Digits: xxxx
    Change this subscription

well this IS a retail account.....still you cant log in with it......
    edited February 2010
    First thing, there are 3 Main types of Keys: 1) Beta Keys, Headstart Keys, and Retail Key. Under My Account once you have registered and logged into the STO website you should have a section on your Dashboard that says "Activated Features" Under that heading look for a entry that says " Star Trek Online - Retail" or "Star Trek - Deluxe Edition". If you do not have that entry then you need to obtain the Retail KEY provide on the first page of the STO Manual that comes from your Game BOX or the Retail Key provided by ATARI or STEAM. If you do not have the above listing you HAVE NOT Entered the Retail Key.
    edited February 2010
    Welcome to #STO -- F�r die Deutschen: #STOGerman -- Pour le Fran�ais: #STOFrench -- If you can't login: Headstart/Grace has ended. Your account should look like: http://tinyurl.com/stoacctpic - Check your account at: https://www.startrekonline.com/user/ - Enter your retail key at: http://www.startrekonline.com/activate - You MUST pick a subscription. More issues? Contact support: http://www.startrekonline.com/support

All I have under mine is:

Download Game Client
    Activated Features

* Star Trek Online Open beta access
    * Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform

Subscriptions

Under subscriptions it is blank. I was never offered the chance to choose my billing plan or a place to enter my credit card. I can't find where to do this either...
    edited February 2010
    Green117 wrote: »
    Agreed. I'm getting tired of this. Preordered, paid for, Open Beta/Head Start, done everything correctly my end that i would do with any MMO only to be locked out with little response. Pretty pathetic right now and no matter how great i think the game is and will be later on, i can see myself, my friends and family giving this one a big miss.

Make it so (and quickly!!!!)

The problem is a USER ERROR......... which means you being the people who can't log in need to read and do what people are telling them to do.
    edited February 2010
    I have registered the Collector's Edition of Star Trek Online and subscribed a monthly membership as well, and yet, I am still unable to log in due to the "You are not allowed to login to the server at this time" error. I must say that this is VERY frustrating having to see this message while having to pay monthly. I hope we will be getting reemburst our lost cash...
    edited February 2010
    *tosses BazD a cookie

To find something constructive to do while they are sorting this out, I even resorted to washing my dishes. :eek:
    edited February 2010
    I am receiving this msg also.

*I put in credit card info - had to buy crptic points before screen allowing me to change credit card would pop up.

**No where is there an option allowing me to choose what monthly rate I wish to subscribe too.
    edited February 2010
    kanid wrote:
    Looks like you dont have a retail key put in there yet, which based on what the above is saying keeps you from logging in. Apparently you have to have the retail key in there for the subscription to work.

For example, with my DDE retail key applied mine shows this:

Activated Features

* Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform
    * Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe

Subscriptions

* Recurring 1-Month ACTIVE
    I put my retail key in and its asking for a sub plan, I then install free 30 day game card and It says card in use. I cannot NOT select a subscription. I digi downloaded mine from Gamesplanet
    edited February 2010
    its no user error having a digital deluxe account paid(30 days free) AND 1 month subscription already active and still can't log.....as in my case

or will you tell me i have to buy a retail copy of the game at a store to get a hardcopy retail key despite the fact i already bought it online? get serious that can't be....
    edited February 2010
    I am not being aloud to log on, not sure why put in a billing ticket
    edited February 2010
    Prynce wrote: »
    The problem is a USER ERROR......... which means you being the people who can't log in need to read and do what people are telling them to do.

I don't think so.

I personally order the game after the official launch and got an order confirmation from Atari. I should have received a retail key. And only a retail key. When i activated it, it was registered as a pre order key...
    edited February 2010
    can't login now, very upset.
    edited February 2010
    I am unable to log in. I get the same error message. I activated my product key a long time ago (Digital download from Atari). Below is what my account has:

Activated Features:
    Star Trek Online Closed Beta
    Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Star Trek Online 12 Month Subscription Preorder
    Guaranteed Closed Beta Access - View Status

Subscriptions:

Please let me in!!!!!
    edited February 2010

it would apear if you paid for 12 month or lifetime or any of them, when you getb your retail key you need to pick one again. kind of lame as it looks like you are paying twice.
    edited February 2010
    Now I have a question, I'm in the process of moving to my new home(Next Friday) and thus have had so little time to actually sit down since I have had to do nearly everything so was just waiting until next Friday to actually apply my retail key.

Now waiting that long is not going to mess up anything I assume in regards to my 12month special pricing correct or does the retail key need to be activated like today.
    edited February 2010
    ok this is how i see it, pre-order mean to order something before its actually available, i am one of those that jumped on a preorder as it came out and was given a key to allow me to play, ok that's cool now why in gods name would i need a retail key. " if i were to invoke logic, logic clearly dictates that a pre-order key is an advance version of a retail key" and no where does it state that a 2nd key will be required after launch, and since cryptic has chossen a billing company that in my opinion should be sent to the nearest airlock and get there act together . if cryptic had any hopes of becoming a wow killer blizzard is saying " i laugh at the superior intellect"