What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"You are not allowed to login to the server at this time"

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    My key is active. I attempted to register it again and the error returned was:

This product key is already active, it cannot be used again.

So it sees that the key is active but I am still not allowed to log in.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So does anyone know if we should be able to log in if we have only preorder listed under our account and no "retail"? There's no where to even change your billing plan...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I bid for my first week of vacation to begin today so I could play STO all week.
    ANd now I can't log in?

You have to be kidding, this is MAJOR BS!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features

* Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe

Subscriptions

* Recurring 1-Month ACTIVE
    Next Billing Date: Mar 4 2010
    Credit Card Last Four Digits: 4826
    Change this subscription

i too can't log in as i said earlier.....and this IS an active account NO preorder holy ****....IT'S NOT A PROBLEM OF KEYS ITS CRYPTIC ******** FAULT......
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Been online and played for a while now :)
    They have taken paid for a month from my paypal-account, and I have not gotten my free 30 days, but at least it finally works.

Still sucks that no-one at Cryptic could take a 5 minute coffee-brake and give people a response here
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    don't tell anybody here you're online or be prepared to get ****ed on replies......

just shut up.....

nobody here is willing to loose the 30 day free......thats annoying
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    HESA_HEART wrote: »
    ok this is how i see it, pre-order mean to order something before its actually available, i am one of those that jumped on a preorder as it came out and was given a key to allow me to play, ok that's cool now why in gods name would i need a retail key. " if i were to invoke logic, logic clearly dictates that a pre-order key is an advance version of a retail key" and no where does it state that a 2nd key will be required after launch, and since cryptic has chossen a billing company that in my opinion should be sent to the nearest airlock and get there act together . if cryptic had any hopes of becoming a wow killer blizzard is saying " i laugh at the superior intellect"

simple i can cancel a preorder and not pay for the game
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This product key is already active, it cannot be used again.

I am using the only key that I have. Was working fine yesterday in the server.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    * Dashboard
    * Cryptic Store
    * Settings

Products
    Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features

* Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform
    * Star Trek Online - Preorder

Subscriptions

Cryptic Points
    Current Balance: 500
    Buy More

I input the key that came with the digi download played happily and then a week later they sent me another key. I went to input the key and they're asking for a sub plan, I dont want to pay again.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Now that the grace period for the STO head start is over you have to have a full retail key activated on your account to play.

If you are receiving the error "You are not allowed to login to the server at this time" then the chances are you do not have the retail key activated. Even if you are sure that you did go back and double check.

If you have not, go to www.startrekonline.com/activate to activate the retail key (make sure you log in!)

I have seen several people post who have a retail key activated and are still not able to log in.
    We are not sure what is keeping you out at this time but we are researching the issue.

If you are still unable to log in after activating your retail key please post in this thread so I can have you all in one place and not scattered about. It'll make helping you all much faster.

Also if you have not submitted a billing ticket please submit one. There is more information captured in the billing ticket then you can give me in a forum post.

EDIT: Yes you have to have a valid credit card to activate your retail key.
    We do not charge the credit cards, but we need them in case you do want reoccuring billing.

I have my retail key and it has been working off and on ever since BETA. I should have the remainder of 30 days yet I constantly get the "Can not log on screen now". What seems to be the problem there at STO? I have tried many things to get it to recognize me and none seem to be the end all cure. Additionally I want to pay for additional time with a subscription but there seems no place to do this on your site, if it is there it is very well hidden.

Thanks for the help,

Oxu
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nadoka wrote:
    simple i can cancel a preorder and not pay for the game

But youve already paid to get the preorder. SO you cannot cancel. eg. I paid Gamesplanet they sent download link, 6 hours later they sent the preorder key. ....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    if you preordered through steam and get the message that you cant log in here's the solution for some. Open the steam launcher and start patching your game then pause it and right click on the game's title in the steam window and choose view CD keys, there you can get your retail key to get ya into the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    On my account page, both retail and pre order has been activated. Yet Im still recieving the message to enter. Everyone else that I play with are not having this problem at this time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I went to add the retail key (previous beta customer) from the pre-order. Where did the Lifetime and Yearly reduced subscriptions go?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BazD wrote:
    But youve already paid to get the preorder. SO you cannot cancel. eg. I paid Gamesplanet they sent download link, 6 hours later they sent the preorder key. ....

place like target best buy and gamestop allow you to put as little as 5 dollers down and pay the rest when the game becomes available
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If I say PLEASE......will it help.........I got off work early to sit and read the forums for 10 hrs......REALLY!!!!!!!!:mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    glc wrote:
    I am having this problem. I took you're advice but still can't log in.

I am getting the same message now...just started today...I was wondering also if it had to do with my not having picked a billing method...I thought it had , like most games, defalted to the monthly, which I thought I chose, but now Im not sure....At any rate, I'm having a difficult finding the link to even change my billing method if I so chose to do so :/
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have seen several people post who have a retail key activated and are still not able to log in.
    We are not sure what is keeping you out at this time but we are researching the issue.

If you are still unable to log in after activating your retail key please post in this thread so I can have you all in one place and not scattered about. It'll make helping you all much faster.

Also if you have not submitted a billing ticket please submit one. There is more information captured in the billing ticket then you can give me in a forum post.

OH YES TONS OF ISSUES ARE COMING ALONG THE PIPELINE LOL.... I HAVE ACTIVATED MY KEY BUT THE FEATURES SHOW ONLY PREORDER ON MY DASHBOARD. I ATTEMPTED TO ACTIVATE MY KEY AND IT TELL ME THAT I CANNOT DUE TO IT BEING ACTIVATED. ANY IDEAS?

TAGAIN
    steven.osborne1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ibzolosio wrote: »
    if you preordered through steam and get the message that you cant log in here's the solution for some. Open the steam launcher and start patching your game then pause it and right click on the game's title in the steam window and choose view CD keys, there you can get your retail key to get ya into the game.

Thank you! That worked, problem was Steam never emailed me all my keys... had to find them that way.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ellsworth wrote: »
    I am unable to log in. I get the same error message. I activated my product key a long time ago (Digital download from Atari). Below is what my account has:

Activated Features:
    Star Trek Online Closed Beta
    Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Star Trek Online 12 Month Subscription Preorder
    Guaranteed Closed Beta Access - View Status

Subscriptions:

Please let me in!!!!!

If you don't have the Star Trek Online-Retail in your account details then you won't be able to log in. And you couldn't have entered it a long time ago. It has to be entered after retail was launched. Whoever you preordered from should have sent you a new key or came in the retail box. You have to enter it again to get access after the grace period.

Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features
    Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription
    Star Trek Online - Retail
    Subscriptions
    ACTIVE
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am having the same problem! I've played OB and early release with little to no issue with disconnects and now I can't even get on.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    newtbert wrote: »
    I have the DDE edition from Atari, a lifetime subscription and the afternoon off. So imagine how ****ed I am! But other than threatening to talk to my credit card company about failure to deliver service rendered, and go back to EvE, what else can I do?

Naw, I'm just jonesing after being away for a couple days and coming back to this...

Apparently SOME people can get in? Is this a PayPal glitch I wonder, since I paid through them? Did you all pay through paypal too?

Think I got it, but this sure is being handled poorly.

On Feb 2 I got an email from service@digitalriver.com

Which directed me to:

http://www.findmyorder.com

where I was sent to the EA store

where I had to download the EA download manager

Along the way there was a couple more keys. So do I have to re-install? Or is this just my original installation disk like I would have got in a box? Some guidance would be nice. But I guess I'll try the new codes while its downloading whatever it is.

So technically it is operator error because I missed an email from Digital River... who didn't even do the download. They did do the beta download, which went well.

And I guess the moral of the story is:

- check your email

Or maybe

- don't use digital download services

This stress more than made up for the cost savings, and I miss the box too!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am having this problem also. In addition I have not received my bonus items
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    After watching IRC chat and these forums for a while, it seems there is a mix of problems people are having - there are *few* that are user error.

Remember, preorder key =! retail key. The preorder key allowed play during OB and headstart. The retail key was either in the box you purchased or provided by your vendor, usually after they have charged your credit card or other billing method for the full cost of the game.

Your account should look similar to below after entering the correct key:

Activated Features
    Star Trek Online Closed Beta
    Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription
    Star Trek Online Del Taco Promotion C
    Star Trek Online - Retail
    Guaranteed Closed Beta Access - View Status

Also, even though thirty days come with the game, you MUST set up subscription billing info. You have the option of cancelling imediately after if you wish, and still play for your free thirty days. Subscription info should look like below:

Subscriptions
    ACTIVE

I know lots of you are having genuine problems with valid retail keys and subscriptions - this info is only meant for those that are confused by the pre-order/retail key/subscription process. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Billing provider issues........atleast we know they know they have an issue......Progress.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    How do you activate your lifetime or 12month subscription?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    both of my keys have been activated. ive sent a message to billing, but I dont expect to hear from those idiots for another few days. What a ****ing waste of money. This isnt their first MMO. I understand technical issues within the server. But all the issues with bonus's and activation keys is getting out of hand. If this company doesnt get its head out of its TRIBBLE soon. They WILL see the first ST MMO die rather quickly.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ellsworth wrote: »
    How do you activate your lifetime or 12month subscription?

You don't activate it. That is your subscription. You have to activate your retail copy of the game. Whether it was done by e-mail or by getting the game at a store. But you have to activate it after the launch. It was not the same code you put in for preorder or for headstart etc
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I got mine from D2D too, but I never got a key, and it doesn't show up under my purchased items. I got the Star Trek Oline - preorder. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vel thanks for that info

Its very confusing for those of us who bought the game via download
    We got our keys via email

I activated mine the day I got it.

My page shows the following

Download Game Client
    Activated Features

* Star Trek Online - Preorder

Subscriptions

That's it, when I re-enter my key it tells me ...
    "This product key is already active, it cannot be used again."

There's no option to sign up for a subscription anywhere on the site.

This is getting very frustrating to the point I might just get a call back on my credit card.