test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"You are not allowed to access this server at this time"

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I got this message after logging into the launcher and starting the game. After that all I can do is close the client again.

To clarify, this was outside maintenance period :D

Anyone else?

(Steam Preorder)

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    im gettin it too... guessin heavy traffic?
    amazon pre-order <<
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That's simply because the game servers are not up yet. Afaik we get access at 10am PST/6pm GMT
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you mean like stated here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=55783&highlight=Open%20Beta%20begin

Oh my, Search used to be my friend...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have se same problem.

An Amazon pre.order code

Now the time is 13.08 GMT after the server maintenance
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Don't feel bad. People asked this all the time in CB.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Tahammer84 wrote:
    Don't feel bad. People asked this all the time in CB.

Tru 'dat. It if it says you can't log in, you're logging in at the wrong time.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Same probleme ....

I'm french when we can login in game please?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The servers will allow you access at 10am PST. They are already up but the way their system works they can just turn your access on and off.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have tried a few times now, but i allways get the message that i am not allowed..

I live in Sweden, don't know if that is the problem maybe?? i should get in because the time is past 10:00AM

right??
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I got the message also, i live in the netherlands.
    Lets just wait till we can play :3
    I'm sure it will be soon enough!

Steam pre-order
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Slightly off topic but...

I am one of the people that "borked" themselves by getting in to the closed beta accidentally during the leak. I'm now patched and getting the same message as you folks. Can anyone confirm that this means I now have the correct patches applied.

Could someone also check that their directory inside their star trek online folder is ST.20100108a please?

Many Thanks in advance to any kind soul that obliges!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've been having the same problem you have and just realised that the main continent of Europe does not live on GMT but on GMT +1 oops :rolleyes:, Guess i'll have to try again in about half an hour
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Pretty sure 10am PST is 7pm CET
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I got the same massage. Its 1:30 pm here in germany, when i will get access to the open beta servers? at 12 am i has read that the servers are down for maintanence and will be online at 1 pm.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    its now the 12th, and I am still getting this freaking message! are we like banned from open bata or something?? whats' going on??
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Some people need to learn what time zones are.

10 am PST meaning 10 am Pacific Standard Time, does not mean 10 am europe or 10 am uk.

If you do not live in the PST time zone then it will not be available at 10 am your time simple as that.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Already checked Time zones :)
    At around 14:00 we can all play hopefully :D
    If you can't by then not 14:04 :P but like 14:20, post new reply with your problems ^^
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've been having the same problem you have and just realised that the main continent of Europe does not live on GMT but on GMT +1 oops :rolleyes:, Guess i'll have to try again in about half an hour

OOOOOOO MMMMMMMMM GGGGGGGGG
    the hosting server is on GMT -8
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    its now the 12th, and I am still getting this freaking message! are we like banned from open bata or something?? whats' going on??

I'm sorry <edited>

Wait another 5 and 1/2 hours.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    MAJSavage wrote:
    Could someone also check that their directory inside their star trek online folder is ST.20100108a please?

It is. the same. for everyone. I also downloaded when I 'wasn't supposed to' and that didn't provide any additional problems.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You where in CB Ghostmooner , have you forgotten it 10 AM PST?, thats 6pm GMT/ 7pm CET.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ithacus wrote: »
    You where in CB Ghostmooner , have you forgotten it 10 AM PST?, thats 6pm GMT/ 7pm CET.

Give it up folks. That are ppl who cant read. I mean even in this Thread is the answer about 5 times?
    And they are posting the same Question over and over. ^^

FACTS: Game starts expected at 10 pm in America. If u have the the message: "You are not allowed to log into this server at this time." You have done all right and u have to wait untill the server are open!

German: Das Spiel startet bei uns um 18 Uhr (6 pm european time). Wenn ihr die Nachricht bekommt: "You are not allowed to log into this server at this time." habt ihr alles richtig gemacht und m
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    TheJim wrote: »
    Some people need to learn what time zones are.

10 am PST meaning 10 am Pacific Standard Time, does not mean 10 am europe or 10 am uk.

If you do not live in the PST time zone then it will not be available at 10 am your time simple as that.

the Site does quote 2 time zones (5:00 AM PST and 13.00 GMT) but I guess that like me people got a bit excited and forgot which time zone they happen to be in.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    the Site does quote 2 time zones (5:00 AM PST and 13.00 GMT) but I guess that like me people got a bit excited and forgot which time zone they happen to be in.

Nowhere does it state 5am PST. I'm calling you on that. 10am PST!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nowhere does it state 5am PST. I'm calling you on that. 10am PST!!!

it does state 5 am PST for the end of the maintenance but it does indeed say 10am PST for the beginning of open beta (again not reading to well in my enthousiasm:o)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It is. the same. for everyone. I also downloaded when I 'wasn't supposed to' and that didn't provide any additional problems.

Thanks for the reply Steppen - did you see all the borked stuff though? Apperntly we have corrupted our clients :eek:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    10AM doesn't mean 10AM where you are... It's 10 AM PST (GMT -8) do the math...

If you're CST (GMT-6) it's noon
    if you're EST (GMT-5) it's 1PM
    etc....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    MAJSavage wrote:
    Thanks for the reply Steppen - did you see all the borked stuff though? Apperntly we have corrupted our clients :eek:

No... i don't know how that could have happend. I downloaded a long time ago (wasn't in closed beta) with a client i wasn't 'supposed' to download through less than 'official' methods and still had no problems. I just don't know what to tell you anymore. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sorry if i caused more confusion then was already there but i didn't read the message in the launcher saying the open Beta starts at 10 am PST (18.00 GMT), but i had read the maintenance message which als mentions a particular time period (different times than the start of the open beta which I will not put down here to avoid further confusion). I now realise those times are 2 completely different times :o

Basically i didn't read and got myself confused, thanks all for the help in getting my thoughts straight :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sorry if i caused more confusion then was already there but i didn't read the message in the launcher saying the open Beta starts at 10 am PST (18.00 GMT) but i had read the maintenance message which als mentions a particular time period (different times than the start of the open beta these times i will not put down here to avoid further confusion). I now realise those times are 2 completely different times :o

Basically i didn't read and got myself confused, thanks all for the help in getting my thoughts straight :)

No worries mate, just with all the 'omg, i can't get in' and 'my client is messed up' and 'timezone misunderstanding' threads... it's becoming such a mess in here quickly. I guess that's just how it is. It is what it is.