Install Arc
Options

"You are not allowed to access this server at this time"

13»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is my first time playing a Cryptic game - but it's SO like SOE and the Everquest series so far. Hopefully they will be a bit more accurate with their times. Unlike SOE who couldn't understand timezones OR estimate how long a patch was really going to take.

Under promise and over deliver like Mr. Scott :) Always multiply your repair (patch) estimates by a factor if 4 to protect your repuation as a miricle worker!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it was the same on CO start .. shame they didn't learn their lession and use a better error message.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    MAJSavage wrote:
    This is my first time playing a Cryptic game - but it's SO like SOE and the Everquest series so far. Hopefully they will be a bit more accurate with their times. Unlike SOE who couldn't understand timezones OR estimate how long a patch was really going to take.

Under promise and over deliver like Mr. Scott :) Always multiply your repair (patch) estimates by a factor if 4 to protect your repuation as a miricle worker!

Cyptic are really good for their patch times/ maintainance etc.

Comming from the City of Heroes games when then owned them all those years ago.

and lets face it SOE are just terrible.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    MAJSavage wrote:

with PM (project management), we always add at minimum ~20%, sometimes 40% on top of any quotes or estimates... just to be safe and not go over budget. Should be standard practice with everything.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cyptic are really good for their patch times/ maintainance etc.

Comming from the City of Heroes games when then owned them all those years ago.

and lets face it SOE are just terrible.

They have experience in this type of thing, after all.

Darn, the guy above me decides that today he is gonna replace his flooring... blasted sob. Hopefully my headphones drown out the noise.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Darn, the guy above me decides that today he is gonna replace his flooring... blasted sob. Hopefully my headphones drown out the noise.

I have a pair of those quiet comfort 15s - absolutely amazing bought them to drown out the wife!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    MAJSavage wrote:
    I have a pair of those quiet comfort 15s - absolutely amazing bought them to drown out the wife!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is all.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The main problem i think is that fx steam didnt list that the game wont be open till a specifc time, only the date!
    So LOTS of people expected that it was as a unilaterel time standard GMT zone.. As did i untill i started browsing like mad searching for that error message..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's also a pretty poor error message, "You are not allowed to log in at this time" implies an issue with me or my account only, rather than a maintenance period.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Fionasarah wrote: »
    It's also a pretty poor error message, "You are not allowed to log in at this time" implies an issue with me or my account only, rather than a maintenance period.

Sorry but it says what it says "You (the user) are not allowed to log in AT THIS TIME" It does not say there is a problem with your account or that your username or password is incorrect. Doesn't take much searching since every second thread..... you know what, **** it.

That is all, have a nice day.

The avatar says it all.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Skera wrote:
    The main problem i think is that fx steam didnt list that the game wont be open till a specifc time, only the date!
    So LOTS of people expected that it was as a unilaterel time standard GMT zone.. As did i untill i started browsing like mad searching for that error message..

So lots of people should really, really learn to use the search function more effectively.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Maybe your avatar is there for your double post? ^_^
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    its 10am PST guys...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sorry but it says what it says "You (the user) are not allowed to log in AT THIS TIME" It does not say there is a problem with your account or that your username or password is incorrect. Doesn't take much searching since every second thread..... you know what, **** it.

That is all, have a nice day.

The avatar says it all.

The literal meaning is not in question, the problem is the sheer amount of things that could go wrong to present such a generic error message.
    Most major MMOs list scheduled maintenance times on the log-in screen for a very good reason.

I know full well how to search and found the issue immediately, but there are a good number of people who do not have such an attention span and are quite content to spam a forum with the same question.

The fact is that for something as common as a maintenance period, not being able to simply tell the user what the case is does not bode well. Especially, as has already been pointed out, the Steam page promises the open beta starts on the 12th. If that was 12th 00:00am PST then fine, but 10:00am is such a bizarrely late time when it's not obvious to the end user.

If you really can't see the problem with this then I don't know what to tell you.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    PythagoreX wrote: »
    its 10am PST guys...

No it isn't.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Erm, I would like to point out that in the OPEN BETA POST BY THE DEVELOPERS it clearly states that the Open beta starts at 10am PST.

How hard is that to understand, I really cant understand how people thing because there is a maintainence period that the servers will be up and ready to play before the allotted start time for this has occured.

I mean come on..... READ the Important information section of the forum, its there for a good reason.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Fionasarah wrote: »
    The literal meaning is not in question, the problem is the sheer amount of things that could go wrong to present such a generic error message.
    Most major MMOs list scheduled maintenance times on the log-in screen for a very good reason.

I know full well how to search and found the issue immediately, but there are a good number of people who do not have such an attention span and are quite content to spam a forum with the same question.

The fact is that for something as common as a maintenance period, not being able to simply tell the user what the case is does not bode well. Especially, as has already been pointed out, the Steam page promises the open beta starts on the 12th. If that was 12th 00:00am PST then fine, but 10:00am is such a bizarrely late time when it's not obvious to the end user.

If you really can't see the problem with this then I don't know what to tell you.

And i don't know what to tell you... so i won't.

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    NeonRising wrote:
    Erm, I would like to point out that in the OPEN BETA POST BY THE DEVELOPERS it clearly states that the Open beta starts at 10am PST.

How hard is that to understand, I really cant understand how people thing because there is a maintainence period that the servers will be up and ready to play before the allotted start time for this has occured.

I mean come on..... READ the Important information section of the forum, its there for a good reason.

Hmmm... I like this guy. He gets it at least.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    2 hours 15 minutes to go.

Click the link below to determine what time it is in PST.

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8/java
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh well, At least someone agree's with me...

Time to stop replying to forum posts and I have achieved my goal in life lol..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    its 11am im geting the same messg..? not sure what the deal is..?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The servers are NOT ONLINE untill the 12/01/2010 at the following times

10 AM PST - American East Cost

6 PM GMT - UK and Most of Western Europe

7 PM CET - Central and Eastern Europe

Untill these time the servers will NOT BE ONLINE, AS A RESULT YOU CANNOT PLAY YET.

10 AM PST DOES NOT MEAN WHEN IT TURNS 10AM IN ENGLAND THAT ITS 10AM IN AMERICA

For those that dont know when it is 10AM where you live it DOES NOT MEAN 10AM EVERYWARE IN THE WORLD.

if this dosent solve this issue nothing will lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Other than slapping people Ultra, That could work :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    guys its SIMPLE the server opens at 10 AM PST!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    NeonRising wrote:
    Other than slapping people Ultra, That could work :)

Yea i might of been a little cinical lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    tom01793 wrote: »
    i live in the uk when can i log in because i am still gettin the msg **you are not allowed to access this server at this time**

What uk time can i log in???

things like this really don't make us brits look too smart do they?, sometimes i think i am the only person in the UK who knows how to tell time, read website notices and convert PST to GMT, honestly it is not that hard.........
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well it's 10 still cant log in