test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"You are not allowed to access this server at this time"

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I am in South Africa and am getting the same mea=ssage got a Direct2Drive code!???:mad:
    edited January 2010
    No... i don't know how that could have happend. I downloaded a long time ago (wasn't in closed beta) with a client i wasn't 'supposed' to download through less than 'official' methods and still had no problems. I just don't know what to tell you anymore.

I can't get a straight answer either but basicly if you got into the closed beta last weekend due to the leak then the client may become corrupted because they rolled back the patch. However I am getting to the point of if telling me I cant connect to the server at this time because I'm not aloowed as opposed to a version mismatch or a crash.

As a precaution I've redownloaded the client from scratch but it looks identical to the the previous one. As a second back up I've also started downloading from Fileplanet but it might as well be on dial up it's so slow!
    edited January 2010
    MAJSavage wrote:
    I can't get a straight answer either but basicly if you got into the closed beta last weekend due to the leak then the client may become corrupted because they rolled back the patch. However I am getting to the point of if telling me I cant connect to the server at this time because I'm not aloowed as opposed to a version mismatch or a crash.

As a precaution I've redownloaded the client from scratch but it looks identical to the the previous one. As a second back up I've also started downloading from Fileplanet but it might as well be on dial up it's so slow!

But that 'accidental leak' was where i patched it from LOL... you see what i'm saying? Everyone is claiming that that is what screwed everyone up... but it did no such thing for me. Hence, i'm sitting here scratching me head.
    edited January 2010
    MAJSavage wrote:
    IHowever I am getting to the point of if telling me I cant connect to the server at this time because I'm not aloowed as opposed to a version mismatch or a crash.

If you are at this point... you are good to go bro. :D
    edited January 2010
    But that 'accidental leak' was where i patched it from LOL... you see what i'm saying? Everyone is claiming that that is what screwed everyone up... but it did no such thing for me. Hence, i'm sitting here scratching me head

Well I'm ata the stage now where I've redownloaded and can log in grand until it says "you are not allowed to log in..." which is where I was with my orginal version. Version number on the login screen is ST20100108.10 so if your seeing the same thing hopefully we're both okay. See you in game with any luck matey!
    edited January 2010
    MAJSavage wrote:
    Well I'm ata the stage now where I've redownloaded and can log in grand until it says "you are not allowed to log in..." which is where I was with my orginal version. Version number on the login screen is ST20100108.10 so if your seeing the same thing hopefully we're both okay. See you in game with any luck matey!

Yup, same version bro... Cheers
    edited January 2010
    ok europeans.. 10am PST = 6pm GMT... also if in doubt look at the time at the bottom of the forum page....tell you the time in PST.

I'm supprised so many people cant fathom the idea of time zones,lol
    edited January 2010
    ok europeans.. 10am PST = 6pm GMT... also if in doubt look at the time at the bottom of the forum page....tell you the time in PST.

My particualr favorite having played MMOs for many years is the amount of Brits that think that GMT is UK time.
    edited January 2010
    Yup, same version bro... Cheers

Wait, i lied, it's version ST.0.20100108b.10 (forgot the B)... searched forums just to make sure

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=56135&highlight=ST.0.20100108b.10

Looks like the right one.
    edited January 2010

I'm supprised so many people cant fathom the idea of time zones,lol

You should see the technical forums... Every noob and their grandmother is posting TRIBBLE about not being able to log in yet. LOL.
    edited January 2010
    Wait, i lied, it's version ST.0.20100108b.10 (forgot the B)... searched forums just to make sure

Yeah I forgot the b too :) Looks like we both have the Harryman version :)
    edited January 2010
    MAJSavage wrote:
    Yeah I forgot the b too :) Looks like we both have the Harryman version :)

I think we should take a nap... or did you just wake up? lol
    edited January 2010
    rofl... who can read clearly advantageous in

The Loginserver are down for Maintenance. At 3p.m MEZ / 6a.m. PCT the Servers will be online. Who is in the game can play... who is not online can't login.
    edited January 2010
    BenSisko wrote:
    rofl... who can read clearly advantageous in

The Loginserver are down for Maintenance. At 3p.m MEZ / 6a.m. PCT the Servers will be online. Who is in the game can play... who is not online can't login.

I think that pertains to the launcher as well as forums, tho i am not sure.
    edited January 2010
    So then like if im like in EST time, I'll like be able to log in at 10P right? or is that like 10A or well um like Im in EST, so that'd be like 10E? Or what is this GMT -8 thing so thats like 10E -8 for me?
    edited January 2010
    Sigh 4 more hours to go :)
    edited January 2010
    I think we should take a nap... or did you just wake up? lol

lol - not up long but it's a 6pm launch here which is quite nice as I booked the week off work. So everything is tidied and dinner made - wife packed off to go an watch the TV leaves me undisturbed until she gets up at 6am. Thats 12 hours undisturbed playtime!
    edited January 2010
    jbalou02 wrote: »
    So then like if im like in EST time, I'll like be able to log in at 10P right? or is that like 10A or well um like Im in EST, so that'd be like 10E? Or what is this GMT -8 thing so thats like 10E -8 for me?

The only simple answer i can give you to that rant is... you have 4 hours remaining.
    edited January 2010
    Alamaise wrote:

Dude, the people asking the questions... could not possibly follow that chart.
    edited January 2010
    i live in the uk when can i log in because i am still gettin the msg **you are not allowed to access this server at this time**

What uk time can i log in???
    edited January 2010
    tom01793 wrote: »
    i live in the uk when can i log in because i am still gettin the msg **you are not allowed to access this server at this time**

What uk time can i log in???

See what i mean ROFL.... oh gawd.

.... IN 4 (FOUR) hours... now how to say that in brittish?
    edited January 2010
    thanks so 6pm uk time then
    edited January 2010
    They wrote 9am PCT (15h MET). MET = Middle European Time; PST = Pacific Standard Time

It is 15:10h in Germany... and the serves are not yet up. :(

Now all is down?

The friends service is currently down.

Main Page bottom right
    edited January 2010
    See what i mean ROFL.... oh gawd.

.... IN 4 (FOUR) hours... now how to say that in brittish?

lol is there no end to this maddness!
    edited January 2010
    For the love of god LOL

10AM PST =

6pm or 18:00 GMT
    7pm or 19:00 CET

Sweet jesus why cant people understand timezones!
    edited January 2010
    The servers will be up at 10 AM PST. Or, 1 PM EST. Use this time Converter if you guys need help:

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/
    edited January 2010
    BenSisko wrote:
    They wrote 9am PCT (15h MET). MET = Middle European Time; PST = Pacific Standard Time

It is 15:10h in Germany... and the serves are not yet up. :(

Now all is down?

The friends service is currently down.

Main Page bottom right

ok ok.. listen..... scroll down to the bottom of the page at the time im writing this it say 06:19(PST) the servers open at 10:00 (PST) 3:41 minutes untill then.....sigh
    edited January 2010
    ok ok.. listen..... scroll down to the bottom of the page at the time im writing this it say 06:19(PST) the servers open at 10:00 (PST) 3:41 minutes untill then.....sigh

Says 2:21 on mine but then I've set my options up :P
    edited January 2010
    MAJSavage wrote:
    Says 2:21 on mine but then I've set my options up :P

with champions i just left it as it is, incase i couldnt be bothered to add 8 hours onto my current time:p

it really does amaze me how alot of people dont get the idea of time zones/cant count haha