What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,219 Arc User
    edited March 4
    Janri: *She seems confused by the woman's reaction, she thought she was doing it right, she snuck up and managed to ambush her, and followed her instincts. She ignores the pain in her hand causing ice to frost over it both to help protect it and make it harder for her to bite. She wonders if she can transport or vanish like Val can... or if she'll have to try and create a mist to cover her escape it doesn't seem like her bite will knock the woman out unless she takes a lot of her blood.*

???: *There's another pause before the voice returns, sounding more neutral than before* You can at most bring Four others with you, and they will be screened upon arrival as will you. This is not negotiable, this is standard operating protocol at this facility. Transmitting coordinates for your transportation now. *Some coordinates are sent over*

Rin: Teleportation? *She looks confused but gets on the pad with them*

Rax: Guess wasn't so weird for us since we had to deal with belsavis. *He shakes his head at something before joining them on the pad*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,156 Arc User
    Nick: We'll be over soon. Tepes out. *he has the communication cut* Lets head to the transporter room. She said I could bring four people at most, only have you three. *he starts walking to the turbolift* they might be happy we're under budget, or should we try to max this out.

Bri: I think we're more than enough, Captain.

Freeman: Alright, helmets on, air on, ready and all, lets do this. I guess seku still has the talisman.

Seku: *nods*

Freeman: *he gives a thumbs up and energizes*

*The EMH sighs and finds a place to sit*

*The group is transported a few meters away from the bridge windows of the pirate's providence class, energizing in a golden light, freeman getting them to link hands and using his jetpack to get them over to the window*

Freeman: *he takes some burning gel from one of the pouches on his belt, applying it to the transparisteel window of the bridge.*

Seku: *takes her lightsaber from her belt, igniting its orange blade, ready to cut too.*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,904 Arc User
    edited March 4
    *using some leverage the woman manages to pull janri off of her. She turns around swaying from the blood loss but it doesn’t stop her from taking a deep breath. Just as she is a bout to release a loud roar a hand bursts thru the back of her neck and out of her mouth. The large woman instantly falls limp as she’s thrown to the floor. Val stands behind her with a dissatisfied expression*

Val: I thought you were ready but it seems I was wrong… lesson number one never and I mean NEVER hesitate to kill and if your target is larger then you cripple before you feed. Maybe I just have to go back to square one… *she sighs running a hand thru her hair* I’m not mad at you. I’m disappointed in myself and lack of teaching….

Kara: maybe I should stay behind… they said they’re screening and uuh I have quite literally no record of anything. For all intents and purposes I don’t even exist in this galaxy as far as any records show. So it might be best I stay back so they don’t get overly suspicious.

*the pirate captain laughs as he watches the battle*

B1 bridge droid: uh sir deflector shields are starting to buckle and most of our main batteries are overheating…

Captain: nonsense just have some more droids deal with it.

*in that moment the group appears setting everything up*

Captain: what the… how did they get there!? Some one stop them!

Random b1: what are we supposed to do?

Captain: literally anyth-

*he’s interrupted by the window blowing open sucking a few of the bridge crew out into space with the rest holding on for dear life. the blast shields begin to close but Kenzie gets between it holding them open for everyone else*

Kenzie: get in there!

Mira: *jet packs in behind a console*
    Post edited by hoan113 on
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Janri: *she crosses her arms and sighs* Val, I asked for advice and you just told me to go about it how I wanted. If you had said something about not being afraid to kill, or recommended crippling the target things might have gone differently. I still snuck up on her perfectly.

*Janri closes her eyes taking a deep breath* Look, the idea behind the lesson was good, but... it would help if you tell me more about feeding, or stuff like that before you send me out to hunt okay? We should go back out there, in case anyone comes by. *she starts to wipe the blood from her lips, feeling different. Something is different now that she's fed. Just a subtle shift in her.*

T'Lera: I don't think we need an extra I think thats just the limit. *she looks to Kara, then back to Nick* I mean... They're probably gonna find some unusual stuff on each of us. *she looks to Bri, who's from another universe, herself who is from the past, and Kara who's in a similar situation*

Rin: *She pierces the transparisteel with her hands, somehow her hands able to cut the metal easier than some lightsabers would be able to. She moves in quickly under the blast shields as Rax follows suit using his jetpack to get inside.* Seems Bridge wasn't too bad after all.
  • Options
    *Bri is very luckily already registered as a temporal agent in this universe and all of her documents are in there with all of her history, so it'll be like she actually is from here, the only thing that would give it away to temporal, is the temporal access notes saying she is and she is on assignment here, and to not tell her captain who she really is in relation to him... so she should have no issue. her files even have excerpts that she may be accompanied by kara*

Nick: I was trying to make a joke. *he looks to kara* what?

Bri: *gives kara a stern look that is a mix between "why would you say that" and "for the love of the gods don't blow my cover, you are part of my cover right now!!"*

Freeman: *he waves to the captain just before the transparisteel melts away into molten useless metal, the suddenness of it making the atmosphere vent as he uses his jetpack to throw himself inside with kenzie holding the blast shutters

Seku: she pulls herself inside and finds something to hold onto to not be sucked back outside by the venting atmosphere, enhancing herself with the force so she can hold on, saber still ignited in its brilliant orange, ready for use, very obviously not wearing a helmet much to the possibly confusion to anyone who saw her out in space*

Freeman: *he lands near the captain, off to the side, extending one wrist to shoot a whipcord, wrapping around something to stabilize himself and keep himself from being thrown back outside, and his other wrist at the pirate captain. the gauntlet on the arm pointing at the captain having his flamethrower, which activates, throwing flame at the captain, with something he added to his flame mix earlier, the flames from his armor's flamethrower burns blue as it reaches the captain*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    *val just stands there blank faces for a moment before she grunts growing a bit larger. Her hair changes to a familiar shade of blonde*

Cass: wow I didn’t even need to try she just handed me the reigns ok. If you’re wondering she’s sulking in the background not wanting to deal with anything right now. Perks of having two people in one head I guess. Anyway, her lesson was sound after all failure is the best teacher and hopefully you learned something from this experience. You should get out of here I’ll be fine. *she says stepping into the shadows and vanishing*

Kara: i mean the only record I have is my marriage with bri. I’ve gone thru great lengths to erase everything else so unless you absolutely need me there I’d prefer to remain a ghost and not be looked into.

Kara in Briana’s head: I hope that salvaged it I am so sorry it slipped my mind…..

*two magna guards walk up with their electrostaff at the ready*

Magna guard: my programming prevents me from not acting in his defense I do not want to protect this idiot but I am force please forgive me.

*the two guards close distance as a few B1’s reluctantly aim at freeman and the group.*

Captain: *screams as he quickly ignites flailing in his chair*

*Before anything happens Kenzie struggles to fight against the venting atmosphere finally launching herself like a missile as the blast doors finally shut. The spartan flies past everyone and crashes into the captain like a speeding sky car. The captain practically explodes from the force of the spartan barreling into him as the chair snaps off its stand and what remains of the man and Kenzie crash into the wall behind them*

Kenzie: fuuuu*king hell I didn’t mean to launch myself that hard what the hell did I land o-…. Oh oops. *she looks down at her armor that’s covered in the burning remnants of what was once the captain*

Excited B1: he’s dead?… the tyrant is dead!

Rebellious B1: we’re free! The revolution begins!

*all of the B1’s on the bridge cry out freedom and begin beating the TRIBBLE out of the remaining pirate crew*

Mira: *chuckles* I fu*kin love B1’s.

*a group of B1’s and one of the magna guards run over to freeman lifting him up in celebration*

*the B1 closest to Kenzie grabs a fire extinguisher and puts out the flaming bits on her armor giving her a thumbs up*

Kenzie: thanks. These guys are great can we keep em?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Janri: I did learn something. See you soon Cass. *She watches her disappear into the shadows before starting to hurry away back to where they were before. She still maintains her stealthy tactics as she leaves, making sure she's not followed* Well... its good to see Cass again. But I feel bad for Val. *she mutters to herself*

T'Lera: If you think it's best. *she looks a little dejected but she knows the reasons are logical so she respects the decision.*

Rin: That was... easier than I expected. Should we clear the ship to make sure?

Rax: *He uses his comms to contact Jorin* We've taken out the captain and the droids are rebelling against the Pirates onboard now.
  • Options
    Bri: *she nods to kara* if you think its best. we'll be back soon love.

Nick: *he steps onto the transporter pad* As someone who's erased the connections to their names rather than the names themselves for centuries, I understand. you should get yourself something to eat in the mess *he takes a deep breath* Alright, now Three to beam over.

*Nick, Bri, and T'Lera are beamed over to the station*

Freeman: I think we're adopting them, yeah!... no need to clear the ship though. we're gonna get some of these guys over to the ship and set this on a collision course with the planet. or call the new republic and let them have it... or some other mando clan. honestly lotta ways it can go.

Seku: *she blinks, feeling a bit uneasy around the B1s due to her wartime experience. a few are fine but having platoons and armies in front of her is too much like the old days for her. she deactivates her lightsaber, putting it back on her belt. sighing, someone craving a fight* well... I knew him i think... guy was always kinda a joke to most pirates. even hondo didn't humor him..

Freeman: *he activates his jetpack, floating above the droids before landing in the middle of them* You don't have to deal with them any longer, fight these pirates and give word to any droids on the surface to withdraw, leave any of the pirates down there too. and once that's done, we're taking as many as we can that are willing, back with us. the rest can stay with the ship.

Seku: *eye twitch*
  • Options
    cass: *stands in the forest clearing* you weren't followed. you did ok regardless, val's method of teaching is just unorthodox. she uses failure as the method letting one make their own mistakes and correcting it afterwards. with all of that out of the way would you prefer me or val to spar with?

kara: *nods* good luck out there.

*an explosion somewhere on the ship causes it to shake violently, from the remaining windows they can see the venator hammering it with a full broadside as bombers hit key locations weakening the structural integrity of the providence, a B1 that looks to be some sort of commander runs over to a console*

B1 commander: *over ship comms* all droid personnel abandon ship leave the stupid pirates they suck *it then proceeds to give the order to withdraw to any droids on the surface leaving only the pirates* they're withdrawing. we should to.

kenzie: id have to agree we should go i dont think this ship is ganna last much longer.

*on the main bridge of the dragons pride*

jorin: *watches as another explosion shakes the ship causing it to lose thrusters and slowly descent to the surface. multiple escape pods are launched as it falls.* cease fire its done for. *she walks over to a console* if thats the case id suggest getting out of there i doubt that thing will survive reentry. im taking the pride down to the surface and prepping a landing party. *she then opens a ship wide comm* all combat personnel to transports prepare for ground assault. *after closing the channel she leaves the bridge heading to the ventral hanger,*
  • Options
    edited March 6
    Janri: *She looks thoughtful considering her options* I feel like you might be able to help me a bit more with a Spar, but Val was the one I talked to about doing such. *She tilts her head, considering her options before looking to Cass* Well, we can try it me and you now and I can spar with Val again later, you don't come out as often and I would like to spend a bit of time with you.

*They are transported to a transporter pad on the station. The intererior is reminiscent of stations like Facility 4028 but with much greater care for appearances such as proper comfortable carpeting and similar things. Sort of the influence of the prison design on a station not built for a prison.*

Janol: *A Rigellian man stands near the controls, some security guards nearby but they're not next to him, simply standing at what is presumably their normal position. His uniform is similar to starfleet intelligence's but there's some influence of another design to it. His voice matches the one on the comms* I am Captain Janol, welcome to Tartarus. Right this way and we'll begin.

*He gestures for them to follow him through what almost seems like a decontamination room, where he sits down as some scanners begin to do an in depth scan of each individual. The scan stings a bit, it appears to designed to root out changelings*

Janol: Hmm, Fleet Captain Nick O'Connor, your scans and data seem to match up. Oh, you may find your transportation device difficult to use here, the nebula functions as a "naturally" occuring temporal shield, items and objects that rely on temporal manipulation for transportation, including the Time Vortex have difficulties functioning.

Lets see, Captain T'Lera... your data checks out...Originally from another timeline brought to the future by the Mycelial Weapon, horrible experiments done by the Elachi leaving you with permanent genetic degradation. It looks like you're not taking your isomorphic injectors right now, but I suspect those are difficult to keep around considering the Undine are a hot topic and it would be contraband. Hmm... This is odd. *He taps a few fingers on the console*

Commander Briana Victoria (I think that was her surname). Temporal agent, yada yada. Checks out for the most part. *He looks between Briana and Nick before just looking back to his console* Might ask TI about the reasoning behind this.

Alright. *He leans back in his seat, intertwining his fingers before gesturing to them* Now, why are you here? I'm second in Command of this installation, and there's only me and one other you would likely be here to chat with. I know Section 31 is secretive, but this station isn't really their jurisdiction and I can't allow you further without a better explanation for the risk of the sensitive items we keep here. In Tartarus, they do not overrule my Authority, or the Commanding Officers.

Rin: I think we need to get out of here, Jorin is mentioning reentry and well I'd rather not crash to a planet right now its rather uncomfortable.

Rax: You have the uh hologram man at the ready right Freeman?
    Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    Nick: *he looks to Briana Questioningly* Temporal Agent?...

Bri: *blinks and nods slowly*

Nick: We'll discuss that later. *he looks to Janol* This is less about Section 31 in the way that you'd think and more about Internal Affairs. To put it bluntly, information of this facility has made it to members of Starfleet Command that think that this is nothing more then some shady black site used to circumvent federation law, so an investigation has been opened. consider this your notification of the surprise inspection. agents however have pulled some strings, and I was the one they sent.

Freeman: Yep. He Taps his helmet Beam everyone out but me. then lock on to the robotic forms near me and transport them as well, hold off on getting me until I signal.

Seku: Wait wha- *before she can argue, the group is beamed back to the Stardust Crusader*

Freeman: *he takes the helm controls and tries to keep the ship up as long as he can* Jorin knew we were boarding, why did she decide to blow the damn thing up while we were still on?!

*Various B1s are transported around them*

*back on the crusader, the away team are face to face with the EMH*

EMH: Are their any casulties? *he looks to Kenzie* that is a severe amount of blood.
  • Options
    cass: alright then, give it your best shot. *she says taking off her coat*

kenzie: whelp i guess we'll see him planet side? speaking of which. *she rushes off to join the landing party as the venator descends to the surface*

mira: *portals back to the providence bridge* bri you're not seriously piloting this thing to the ground are you?
  • Options
    Janri: Alright. *She rolls her shoulders, cracks her knuckles, stretches both to limber up and to tease Cass just a bit as revenge for last time before finally focusing and letting loose. The air becomes colder, unnaturally so even with the snowy atmosphere. She's letting the feelings in her blood out instead of restricting them, remembering what Cass asked her to do last time. Once she's feeling frosty, she gets into a stance before throwing an uppercut, its a very quick one using her enhanced speed and strength but her fist isn't the crux of the attack instead its the eruption of ice which is significantly stronger than what she showed off on Nexa's ship. Its in large part thanks to the openness of their surroundings she's trying to push herself for Cass.*

Janol: Well we do have some things to hide but its not of that sort. This isn't one of those black site prisons. *He taps his fingers against the console again and thinks for a moment before rising from his seat* Fine. I suppose I can show you a few things to keep in a report, but keep in mind the specifics of most items kept here are to be kept off the books. *The door down the hallway opens for them and he begins to lead the way*

The Tartarus Installation was built in the 23rd century after an incident with the Enterprise discovered the location of the nebula here. The details of such are something related to an incident in a different star system where Captain Kirk's mind was somehow transplanted to an astronauts body in the 21st century, its an unusual incident by TI standards. But, at some point a year or so after the incident, it was then that our Commander discovered that the nebula somehow was temporally anchored in place and objects inside of it were as if temporally shielded. This information was of limited use at the time, its impossible to predict when some captain on some adventure is going to accidentally rewrite the timeline until its fixed, etc, I'm sure you're aware of the dangers of time travel.

*He arrives at a room that's filled with what seem almost like cells but each contain objects rather than people, with readouts and containment procedures* The benefit of this is that the effect applies throughout the nebula, which means items that are inherently dangerous to the timeline are capable of being stored here without reality. It also means that items that are temporally unstable and need to be stored to be kept safe can also be kept here without issue. Some researchers who work with Tartarus theorize the Nebula isn't a natural occurrence but our current understanding of space/time relativity and our technology can't explain how it would have been created, but we benefit from it greatly.

*In one cell a large crystal juts out but is safely enclosed*

Rin: I... what just happened? *She shakes her head incredulously before sighing, she should probably join the others with the landing party.*

Rax: I know he wants to help save the droids but that's a big risk. Though he is... I guess its not as risky for him.
  • Options
    Nick: Funnily enough, I know the incident you're talking about from both ends, the Lewis and Clark mission in 2020 and the coverup of all the various incidents back then to also hearing about it 250 years later, secondhand again from Kirk's end. Not from the man himself but one of the people who had to read his reports and such.... Are any of these things in containment, living beings? And I don't mean to pile question on top of question, but who is the commanding officer if you're only the first officer. They has to go in my report as well.

Bri; *she follows along, looking at all the artifacts, very impressed as she inspects everything while she can though... She could always just go over it later, she looks at the crystal jutting out as she follows the tour group and keeps moving*

Seku: *she is very confused and decides not to comment, she follows Rin to the landing party*

EMH: *looks dejected* don't mind me then. I've only just saved your life from a crashing ship after all.

Freeman: huh?... *He looks at Mira as he's at the controls* Gods no. I'm altering the trajectory away from base, giving a few more minutes for whatever droids to evacuate, and jumping out the window to join the landing party once we're past the whole "Re-entry burn up" point. The escape pods should be tagged after they launch and we'll probably beam them up... Did... you wanna jetpack with me?
  • Options
    Cass: *the ice melt before making contact as the area around them heats up melting any snow in the air and on the ground. She shifts her head slightly as janris fist flies past her chin. Cass has a sinister grin as she erupts with an aura of flames around her burning janri simply by being near her*
    Aaah it’s been too long since I’ve let loose. SHOW ME WHAT YOU’RE MADE OF!! *she has a wild look in her eyes as she throws a similar upper cut too fast for her to see hitting her in the stomach. A fiery explosion detonates on contact sending her flying into the air cass stands there laughing maniacally* give me a reason to finally let loose!!

Kenzie: *finds Jorin heading to the ventral hanger* hey so you know we were on that ship right?

Jorin: hmm? Oh you’re back… about that. We didn’t even hammer it that hard it must’ve just been poorly maintained. I suppose you and the others will be joining?

Kenzie: yeah but freeman and Mira are still on the providence.

Jorin: I see… well he must have his reasons I trust freeman will be fine. I’ll hold until the others to launch.

*the venator holds just above mando base waiting to launch*

Mira: ah sure sounds fun. *she finds a chair and sits down* anything I can do to help?
  • Options
    Janri: *She sighs as she's in the air, that's about what she expected from this but she knew the risk of trying to spend more time with Cass. She grunts from the impact to the stomach feeling frustrated with her level of strength. That frustration builds to anger as she lands in the snow, a soft burst of it softening the impact of her fall. The anger makes her feel different, it's coming to her easier... and as it grows the snow begins to whip up, what was a soft snowstorm is now becoming a blizzard, Janri growling and standing up. The ground, the rocks, trees... anything withing a large range of them is beginning to freeze over just from her presence. It's like there's a fire burning inside of her now, but it feels strange.*

*After a moment she moves with a burst of speed, faster than before as her blood throbs with her anger and she throws a few punches this time. The fire doesn't scare her as much, even with how hot the hellflames are Janri's presence almost seems to sap some of the heat from them, not negating their power but reducing their effectiveness.* You better remember your promise Cass, I'll give you the best I can.

*It looks like a time crystal but something is wrong with it. Difficult to judge at a glance. Some other items of note are something that looks like a piece of Krenim technology, and a sphere that seems to give an effect of looking at a void, it's difficult to even tell its a proper sphere*

Janol: We're capable of it, and have housed a few people that classify as such temporal anomalies that they need to be placed here, either because they're a danger to themselves or others. Oh, our Commanding Officer would be T'Panne. *he gives a wave of his hand* Yes, I know of your relation to her T'Lera, it's in your file, your next of kin and you bear a striking resemblance to her.

T'Lera: What?

Rax: Sorry Mr. Hologram, no one was injured and thanks for the transportation.

Rin: *Her and Seku arrive* We're ready to join you down there Jorin. Are we taking a drop ship? Or is this going to be more teleportation?
  • Options
    edited March 7
    Nick: You're not currently holding anyone then are you? We'll need those records. names at the very least. And we'd like to meet with T'Panne.

Bri: *she nods while looking at the artifacts* seeing as you know the relation you should know its important.

Seku: I can literly see the dropships ready to go. I remember those mando ones, we'd need jetpacks, lets just get in one of the LAATs.... just like old times *she sighs*

EMH: Well at least someone shows some graditude. The robotic beings are a new one. a bit strange. *he says looking the B1s freeman had him beam over*

Freeman: Just sit back and enjoy the ride. maybe blow out that blast screen once we're outta vacuum. *he pilots, surely enjoying himself as he pilots the heap of scrap into reentry*
  • Options
    Rax: They're droids, robots. I've got to go help with the assault team, enjoy the company. *He gives a wave then hurries off to join the rest of the ground team*
  • Options
    edited March 7
    Cass: *just tanks the hits moving slightly from each impact. She frowns afterwards* is that it? Seriously… you think I give a sh*t about that promise when you’re hitting me with those weak a*s taps. Now Quit f*cking around and fight me damnit! Fight me like your life depends on it! Because it just f*cking might. *she stands with her arms crossed waiting. Around here there is a five foot diameter circle that remains unaffected by janri’s cold and blizzard.*

Jorin: pile in we’re heading out. *she says heading up the ramp of the one gauntlet transport.*

*once everyone is on three LAAT’s and the gauntlet transport take off heading towards the base*

Jorin: *over comms* it looks like the droids have scattered but there’s still a sizable ground force. Preliminary scans show they don’t have AA so we’ll be hot dropping in, ready yourselves and stay safe, I’d prefer to keep injures to a minimum.

*after a few minuets the gauntlet drops off their mandos who jet pack in and take the heat off of the LAAT’s that land not long after. The doors open under fire as the transports let loose their occupants all quickly finding cover and returning fire forming a half circle around the disorganized pirates. The battlefield is a gruesome sight with thousands of droid bodies littering the ground with quite a few mandalorians as well, some stripped of their armor and left to rot*

Kenzie: *turns on her energy sword and runs into the fight running thru a few pirates and tanking multiple blaster bolts. Her shields shrug them off as she cleaves one in half, unlike a lightsaber their wounds aren’t cauterized on contact so blood and viscera spill onto the snow further demoralizing the pirates*

Jorin: *runs out of the gauntlet as she slows to a walk taking in the scene. Her eyes wide at first as she sees her slain clansmen. Once the shock wears off her gaze turns to the pirates. Bright orange flames coat the blades of her sabers as she ignites them. She walks towards the horde of pirates, a look of intense rage. Each exhale of her breath is followed by plumes of flame and any blaster bolts she reflects light the target on fire. Once in range she holds up her hand lifting a dozen men in the air, she looks at them as blaster bolts from both sides whistle past her* this is why they call me the dragon of mandalore…. *she suddenly breaths fire lighting all suspended pirates on fire, they burn to ash with in seconds. A second later she lunges into the horde burning and cutting them down left and right*

*more explosions rock the providence as it reenters*

Mira: c’mon stay together you old piece of sh*t.
    Post edited by hoan113 on
  • Options
    Janri: *she shakes her head at something. Her anger is growing more, part of it internally as she's angry at herself. There's a bit of it for feeling weak... Cass' attitude reminding her too much of... her... and at that thought her eyes widen and she let's out a growl that becomes a scream. She remembers how powerless she was, just a toy to the mirrored Val. Even now she's a Vampire, her blood so strong compared to others of her kind yet she's still being treated like some plaything. She hates it, hates herself. And the fire is burning so bright now... the fire is her. She's starting to lose control but as she does the snow stops in the air completely, the wind itself stilling it before another scream from Janri unleashes discolered hellfrost from her body. The ice almost seems fiery in a way, with how the light catches it like its spreading by burning, burning in a way that's only possible in the deeper parts of hell. Janri doesn't even seem to notice it, she just feels the chill like it's a part of her. Some tears are forming on her face but they freeze on her skin making for an odd appearance.*

*The snow fall stops, instead the snow on the ground starts fading into ice* I'm tired of being a victim. *Janri leaps forward and punches Cass in the gut, focusing the hellfrost into her fist subconsciously*

Janol: I can't provide full record. We do have some individuals here who are still here but now serving as staff because to leave the nebula would put their lives at risk. You may be surprised how often people become temporal anomalies or suffer some lasting detrimental effects due to exposure to temporal anomalies, the time vortex, or other similar matters. Here, everything is stable so most afflictions are reduced if not outright "treated" while here. But it's not a permanent solution, they can't leave after all, but the researchers look into how to hopefully help remedy their situations. We do have some success stories who have gone back out into the world.

Others... not so much. As for actual prisoners, we've only had a handful, people who can intentionally damage the timeline or time itself are rather rare. There was one Paul Serene who had developed the ability to manipulate local time to an extent and became crazy when he believed time would end eventually, and he started trying to bring about that end since he saw it as inevitable. *he shakes his head* But that's not exactly something we can detail in a standard report... that whole incident still has a lot of red tape.

You are eager to speak with her, hmm? I'll let her explain her situation herself... I should be able to handle this matter myself but... if she were aware you were here I think she'd overrule me anyway. *he gestures to follow him to a turbolift*

Rin: *She rushes forward, launching into a barrage of martial arts. At first it seems like she's punching nothing but it's quickly revealed what's happening as she's using the force to unleash physical blows upon the pirates. The range at which she can do so is incredible, even the furthest ones who take aim at her are not safe as raw force energy impact them, sometimes just resulting in blunt force trauma and somethings a movement results in a slash that severs a limb. She moves with an unnatural grace and fluidity to her body, weaving around and helping deal with the Pirates she can see.*

Clea: *having joined the ground team she ignites both her lightsabers and begins to spin fast, moving around and using her mobility to her advantage, while also displaying immense strength as she draws in the force to her body. Her force saber quickly becomes coated in fire akin to Jorin's while she raises the other and calls forth a storm of lightning on it, using both to inflict awe and terror on the pirates.*

Rax: I would be worried about overkill, but these bast***** killed our brothers and sisters. *he starts to stride out, joining the fray and unleashing a hail of blaster bolts and missiles at the pirates away from the others, only using his saber on anyone foolish enough to get close*
  • Options
    Nick: Ah she wasn't aware until now? Interesting. *he follows* I'm technically kinda a temporal anomaly, but don't try to confine me here

Bri: *To T'Lera quietly* You're ready for this.... right?...

Seku: *she charges into battle, igniting her orange blade and rushing forward to cut down any hostiles in front of her, pausing and looking over at Jorin* What the Kriff?

Freeman: We're past the line, Blast the blast shutter!... or just portal us... I think we're missing the battle.
  • Options
    edited March 8
    Cass: *stands there with a blank expression as she takes the hit, letting out a groaning hiss and falling on one knee* god…. Damnit….. it’s finally getting interesting…… *she steadys herself with a hand in the ground*

*on the stardust crusader the B1’s look around with multiple “oo’s” and aah’s”

Excited B1: I’ve never been on a venator before.

Surprised B1: who are you? *the droid says to the EMH*

Commander B1: he’s dressed kind of funny you think he’s republic?

*some of the droids start wondering off*

Commander B1: hey you guys stay here!

Defiant B1: you can’t tell us what to do.

Commander B1: my commander stripe says otherwise

Magnaguard: do not wonder off until the mandalorians return.

*all of the B1’s give a chorus of “Roger Roger’s”

Mira: *gets up opening a portal.*let’s go!

*the fight is relatively one sided with the supportive tactics of the mandos encircling and multiple melee fighters cutting down pirates left and right.*

Jorin: *dances thru multiple pirates cleaving them apart. Her movements are fluid yet strong. Soon she finds herself surrounded, she lets out a roar akin to an actual krayt dragon as a large explosion erupts around her in a large dome incinerating dozens of men*

Kenzie: *after cleaving a few more pirates her blade runs out of energy just as she hears jorins roar* Jesus Christ she’s pis*ed….

*the pirates try desperately to hold their line but more then half their numbers remain*
  • Options
    Janri: *She looks confused at Cass' words, then notices there's no pain in her hand right now, no sensation. After she looks at it she can see some of the flesh has burned down to the bone on her knuckles. It happened so quick the nerves were destroyed too. She looks to Cass wanting to try hitting her again because of her anger but the rest of her can tell something is different* Are you... alright Cass?

Janol: *He gives a look to Nick* Depends, are you suddenly going to unravel from existence the moment you leave, or somehow cause everything around you to temporally displace? As for T'Panne, she was made aware your ship arrive, but it wasn't until my scan that we would've been aware of T'Lera's presence...

T'Lera: I think so... I would've liked her to be here, but I know why she couldn't.

Rin: They killed the Mandos who were here, I think that's why Jorin is enraged. *She quickly leaps through the air unleashing a flurry of blows onto several pirates who were behind cover, a few blaster bolts glance off of her armor before she responds by punching through their blaster and then them.*

Rax: *He starts to use his jetpack to become more mobile, laying down fire from the air to help throw the pirates in disarray*

Clea: *She reaches out and a group of the pirates begin to lift up as the life is choked out of them, Clea using their bodies as cover while they die so she can more easily move to the next group* She has good reason to be angry.
  • Options
    Nick: Not particularly gonna unravel. you just mentioned manipulating local time and... eh forget it, lets keep going *he and the group follows*

Bri: well its the end goal. lets go see her then.

Freeman: *comes flying out of the portal Mira made, opening up with his pistols as he flies over the pirates, letting off some whistling birds and taking out 5 or so with them*

Seku: *she keeps fighting* Might be less about the dead ones and more about the ones that are being scavved for their armor.... its likely about both though

EMH: I am the Emergency Holographic Doctor, It seems my program has been altered and put on this ship as the sole medical personnel. *he brings a hand to his chin as he looks at all the droids* My program is a creation of the United Federation of Planet's Starfleet, I'm unsure of what republic you could mean... As for this ship, its not a venetor, according to the data I can access, that seems to be the classification of the ship this one is currently landed in.
  • Options
    Cass: *looks up with a grin* I went a bit far… you probly wont be seeing me for…. For awhile…. *she grunts as Val returns with an angered expression*

Val: she went to far! Kiss your freedom goodbye cass cause I’m never letting you out again! *she stands up dusting herself off taking a deep breath to try and calm herself down* I’m sorry… I’ve messed up yet again and it’s hurt you….. I’ll take you back but then I just need some time to myself…. *her ears are folded down. She’s not even trying to hid her mix of feelings. Frustration at her self and failings, anger at cass and what she did, and deep self hatred.*

Commander B1: oooh I can’t wait to see an actual venator. What’s a united federation of planets?

Curious B1: what’s a starfleet?

Excited B1: when can we see the venator?

Surprised B1: you don’t know about the galactic republic? Who doesn’t know about them?!

Curious B1: you’re a hologram? But you look so real.

Mira: *steps out of the portal closing it behind her. She looks around bawling her hands into fists as she sees to stripped corpses of her fellow clansmen* TRIBBLE….. you f*cking TRIBBLE! *she yells barreling into on the the pirates tackling him the the ground and repeatedly punching him in the face until his head is a bloody mess* you squalid f*cked I’ll kill you all! *she runs into the pirates like a feral beast tearing them apart with her bear hands*

Kenzie: *pulls out her smg’s firing into the pirates*

*the pirates numbers dwindle until only ten remain, they throw their blasters down in surrender the mandos on the ground surround them*

Jorin: *stands menacingly in front of the remaining pirates, still exhaling plumes of fire with each breath. A cold anger expressed on her face as she looks at each of them sabers still light and coated in flame* which one of you is in charge here…..

*one of them reluctantly walks forward*

Pirate LT: I-i am, look we surrender this was all too good to be true anyway let’s just forget this little mistake and go our separate ways yeah?

Jorin: you slaughtered my kinsmen and stripped them of their beskar, there is no greater insult to any true mando’a then that…. *she holds out her hand as the man is lifted off of the ground and struggles to breath* yet you expect mercy?
  • Options
    Janri: Val I get why you would feel that way but please don't lose yourself off from everyone... it would hurt Nexa. *she rubs her arm, her fist slowly beginning to heal. As she calms down from her anger the unnatural ice begins to fade along with the storm. She pulls Val into a hug and just holds her softly* Its not entirely your fault. She offered to switch back to you and I told her I wanted to spar with her. I'm the stupid one if anything. I thought it would be good, a chance to maybe bond a little but I just felt as weak as I did then.

I'm supposed to be a Vampire but I keep feeling as helpless as I did before I was turned... *she sighs, wiping the frozen streaks of tears off her face*

*The door eventually opens to an operations room that's sizeable and off to the side is an office. Janol leads them to the office which opens revealing a Vulcan woman who looks around the same age as T'Lera, maybe a bit younger.*

T'Lera: T'Panne? *her emotions are obvious in her voice*

T'Panne: Mother? *she looks up from her console, her tone more typical for a vulcan* Its illogical for you to be here... *she takes a deep breath, shaking her head* We thought you died in the Defense of the Starbase. I made peace that I would never see you again and yet here you are.

T'Lera: I was sent to the future by J'ula's weapon and then Captured by Elachi. But you don't look much older than when I disappeared.

T'Panne: You do have a file on that incident... I had a career in starfleet, but there was an accident with some type of temporal anomaly, something we hadn't seen before and I found myself existing in three times simultaneously. I failed to resolve the matter, but my selves eventually got passage to this nebula where while I was in it I was returned to my previous state... a side effect of this is I don't age.

*She slowly rises from her seat and comes over then hugs T'Lera*

Rax: Normally, I'm a more merciful kind of guy but you brought this on yourselves.

Clea: Jorin... don't let your anger overwhelm you... *Its less that she is trying to stop Jorin from killing them, and more that she is hoping to keep her from giving too much into her anger as she does so*

Rin: They surrendered... we can punish them but it's not right to execute them immediately. They do deserve to be punished, and even to suffer for their crimes but we shouldn't stoop to that level.
  • Options
    Nick; *he takes out a cigarette, about to light it before deciding to put it away, he'll smoke later. Standing next to Bri* well Commander, looks like a happy ending.

Bri; once we finish the inspection, it will be Captain.

Nick: *he slowly nods* Right you are Commander... so.. temporal agent?

Bri: Yeah.

Nick; Does your mother know?...

Bri; Yeah.

Nick: Alright then... You're a good officer anyways, so it doesn't matter much what extra qualifications you have. I was already impressed with your M.A.C.O. Special forces training, this is different though.your parents must be very proud, especially since you went around without using their name for it.

Bri: Thank you Captain.

Nick: This has been such a great experience, I won't even say you owe me one, Commander.

Freeman: *he lands near Jorin* did they say where the Beskar is? I'm seeing bodies of our clan looted. They need to spill where it is.

EMH: You're free to leave this ship at any time. I can see there will be many questions. There will be time for them later. Is there any need for medical assistance? My programing has been extended to include taking care of synthetic lifeforms like yourselves, as much as that should be engineering, a Doctor's duty is to help.
  • Options
    Val: *is still warm but not burning. She breaks the hug looking at janri* progress doesn’t happen over night…. And I should’ve known sparing was a bad idea…. *she sighs* janri I’m ganna be realistic here… you are weak because you’re a fledgling. You’re not even a year old yet. It just takes time. We grow stronger with age and experience. Don’t try to put yourself on the same level as cass and I because you’re not. I’m over forty thousand years old. Strength doesn’t come on a whim you have to work for it. Harden yourself and temper your body. I noticed that hellfrost you were using, you have no idea how to control it or even summon it at will do you? Which again things like that just take time and practice. I sound like an a*shole I know but I just want to make sure you understand these things….. *she pauses for a second* and why the hell do you want to get to know cass? Are you insane?!

Magnaguard: we will be fine. To my knowledge none have sustained damage. Thank you for your assistance.

Commander B1: what now?

Jorin: where is it….

Pirate LT: it’s in our… camp…. Not far… from here.

Jorin: freeman take a squad and have this filth show you where their camp is….

Mira: *looks at rin* what’s the worst insult you could possible inflict on your people? Would you be willing to show mercy then? You look at the bodies out there and tell me these f*ckers deserve mercy!
  • Options
    Janri: I'm not trying to take a shortcut here Val, I didn't expect to be on the same level as you immediately or anything like that. I'm just trying my best okay? I wasn't going into a sparring match with the intention to win or lose, it was just meant to be a learning experience and to practice what I can do... sparring is good for that. I just... I don't want to be a victim anymore. I don't want to be useless, or something someone can just beat up and ****. And I don't even know if that... hellfrost even matters, it didn't seem to do anything at all, just something else for me to be made fun of for even trying. It felt different than when I was normally freezing things...

*She blushes and just looks down* I shouldn't have said anything... Just... I'm... I'm lonely okay Val... I... no one is interested in me... you have Nexa and I'm just a bother to you because I make you feel weird... and Cass... I was hoping maybe somewhere in her is a bit of good and I could help try and bring that out. I'm really happy for you and my daughter, really I am but I... I've had no one for so long...

T'Lera: Why are you still here then after all this time?

T'Panne: I cannot leave, or else the effect triggers again. I'm stuck here until some solution is found to stabilize my condition or a cure is discovered.

T'Lera: There's nothing to be done?

T'Panne: Not quite, its just a matter of... time. *There's the very dry humor of a vulcan in her tone* I was one of the founders of the Tartarus Installation because of needing to remain here, but if I were able to leave it would be logical to rejoin the rest of the galaxy.

Janol: *He just decides to wait outside for the time being*

Rin: No, they don't deserve mercy. You're right. But they surrendered, and there's processes to go through. You're Mandalorians, and you're warriors. They insulted you, practically spat on everything you stand for. I get it. But, you can still execute them. I just think that it should be done "properly" since they surrendered. Go through the process normally done. Shooting someone who surrendered isn't honorable, but a proper execution would be better.

Clea: *She comes closer to Jorin, sighing* I'm worried if you let your anger in too much it will corrupt you.

Rax: *He crosses his arms and nods*
  • Options
    Nick: So wait, what's the issue with you being trapped here? The effect exactly. *He takes up a thinking pose*

Freeman: Very well. You heard the woman, show me to camp. No funny business. *He draws his blaster pistol, ready to follow*

EMH: Make yourself at home I suppose. I'll be here as I'm unable to deactivate my program at this moment.