test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Map transfers to TF's - Server time out

Any suggestions how I might be able to improve the connection? There will be days I have no issues and days where I will "time out" while transferring into Task Forces map and have to log back in. With the speed some of these TF's complete, sometimes the mission is almost over when I get back in! I have had this issue playing STO since starting around 9-10 yrs ago(?). I take hiatuses from the game every several months. But this problem is consistent through 3 different pc's of mine over time. It is also the only online game that I play that has this had this issue on any of them. I mostly play via cable connection and not wi-fi (but I do play wi-fi when I am away on my laptop, which is not much). I do not know if it is on my end or yours, but I would welcome any assistance...just keep in mind, "I am a gamer, not technician!" (in my McCoy voice). lol

Thanks! :smile:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,162 Arc User
    The issue has affected players over the years. There could be instances where (like you said) have no issues and then constantly get issues. It all boils down to the connection to the server whether it be your end or cryptics. Always try clearing out your cache as often as possible.

@baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk @rattler2 can you move this thread to pc network and other tech
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,734 Community Moderator
    /moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • jhemi316jhemi316 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    The issue has affected players over the years. There could be instances where (like you said) have no issues and then constantly get issues. It all boils down to the connection to the server whether it be your end or cryptics. Always try clearing out your cache as often as possible.

@baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk @rattler2 can you move this thread to pc network and other tech

I will try that. Thank you.

• mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Since the new launcher update, I had less issues from the constant disconnects.
    That was a full week, yesterday I had 1 disconnect, luckily just once where I had about 3 each hour (if I wanted to quest or join TFO's, sicne it happens wth map transfers only) So something they did in th epatch thursday may have effected the clean streak.
    Also lot's of people experience it: https://account.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1270340/is-it-just-me-or-are-map-transfers-painful
    So it is a known issue, it is STO related, sicne no issues in any other online activiy.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,758 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    I have had almost none of the black screen at startup things since the big launcher update, which is nice, but map transfer dumps are still about the same as they were before, with maybe a very slight improvement if at all.