Options

April 2023 Outage Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Trying to log back in now, I'll post a screenshot if I get in (I'll edit into this post as not to spam the thread)v4gx9nizhm9a.png
    as promised a screenshot in case I got in (I still got some "InvalidEntityName" bugged names there but I'm in)

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    I was able to get in without any issues. My launcher updated, but no patch. But then, I didn't make umpteen attempts to get in during the outage, so I probably never downloaded the corrupted files. 🤷‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    Ok, so, it looks like we're back. Hooray!

All Captains on PC will be able to claim a special package of one bridge officer upgrade, one captain upgrade, and one experimental ship upgrade starting on Wednesday, once per account, as a thank you for being awesome and your patience.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    as promised a screenshot in case I got in (I still got some "InvalidEntityName" bugged names there but I'm in)

Indeed, the InvalidEntityName bug is back.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    realdarklordrealdarklord Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Great job!
    I'm sure you logged quite a few hours of overtime sorting this out.
    Thank you all for the hard work.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    meimeitoo wrote: »

That I can live with until they track that one down. lol
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Thank you, Devs! My launcher updated. Haven't gone into game yet, will later. And I can live with the ship name bug too.

You guys are da bomb!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

That I can live with until they track that one down. lol

Me too. :) In fact, I was about to suggest they not try and fix that for now, lest they jinx it again.

Merely pointed it out, as the 'fix' seemingly involved reverting to an earlier state.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Considering how many layers of spaghetti code there is in this game...

99 bugs in the code we have found
    99 bugs in the code
    Take one down, patch it around
    172 bugs in the code we have found
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    My client just sits there "Patching..." and nothing happening. How long should I let it sit there?
  • Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Whatever you did to please the machine spirit..thanks
  • Options
    mickster#5106 mickster Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    A huge thank you to the devs for fixing this I'm
    sure they don't hear that a lot - so again I say great job and thnx to the devs!!!
  • Options
    talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Ok, so, it looks like we're back. Hooray!

All Captains on PC will be able to claim a special package of one bridge officer upgrade, one captain upgrade, and one experimental ship upgrade starting on Wednesday, once per account, as a thank you for being awesome and your patience.
    Will we get a detailed explantation of what happened?
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    Thanks to the devs for bringing the game back and the gifted upgrades is appreciated! :)
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Thanks to the devs for bringing the game back and the gifted upgrades is appreciated! :)

Have to agree with those sentiments, Thanks to all and for the eventual gifts.

I actually ran into this when i logged back in, I went down to the esd shipyard and went to the edit section of ship name, did not change anything and simply hit ok, and it was showing my ship name again once up in the sol system.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I actually ran into this when i logged back in, I went down to the esd shipyard and went to the edit section of ship name, did not change anything and simply hit ok, and it was showing my ship name again once up in the sol system.

From what I heard that bug really only affects space to space transitions. Not space to ground.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    Did they ever say what caused the issue? I've seen the phrases "bad code" or "corrupted files" but no actual official cause.
  • Options
    ignome#4210 ignome Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    (Ranting comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    misterskimisterski Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    xariama wrote: »

99 bugs in the code

Dang it, I was sipping on a chocolate milkshake when I read this and almost spit it out from laughing at the last line.

In other news, I never experienced this bug, thankfully.
  • Options
    jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Not sure if y'all know from the Reddit, but the compensation won't be available until Wednesday.
    I can live with that, as well as the "invalidentityname" bug for now.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    misterski wrote: »
    xariama wrote: »

99 bugs in the code

Dang it, I was sipping on a chocolate milkshake when I read this and almost spit it out from laughing at the last line.

In other news, I never experienced this bug, thankfully.

Agreed on the first count, I laughed pretty hard seeing it as well. :D
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    I don't know if it's related, but I'm suddenly getting "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" and getting kicked every 3 to 10 minutes (estimated).
  • Options
    cyberoiduscyberoidus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Thanks guys , for fixing the game.......really appreciated.

• Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    I don't know if it's related, but I'm suddenly getting "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" and getting kicked every 3 to 10 minutes (estimated).

UPDATE:
    Good news! Whatever was causing me to get kicked so often has evidently resolved itself and seems NOT to be related to the recent troubles.

As the Wise Man said, Groovy.
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    From what I heard that bug really only affects space to space transitions. Not space to ground.

Yeh i saw what you mean, although it was fine after beaming back up from esd to sol system itself, i used the quicky transwarp in the event tab to sphere allied space ground battlezone, after beaming up to space it was still fine until i went out into sector space and it reverted back to invalididentityname..
    I did try again back at esd and seemed fine, used a transwarp to ds9 system and then goncra and it stayed as my proper ship name until i went out into sector space..
    Bummer, but its nothing drastic at the moment, so hopefully they work that one out soon..
  • Options
    wo1dashwo1dash Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Well, Cyptic fixed it for me:-) I don't say that often! Working as intended for the moment
  • Options
    acidbuk#5004 acidbuk Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Just want to say thank you to the devs that almost certainly pulled a lot of overtime through the last few nights fixing this by a combination of screamed profanity, caffeine, chanting to the Omnissiah and praising its machine spirit. Possibly even some percussive maintenance to a server rack. or two just to be sure. but in all seriousness May all the devs have a good nights sleep and enjoy what is left of their Easter holiday,

any chance we can get a detailed breakdown of what exactly went wrong? for those of us who are nerdy and curious?
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    yay we are back Thanks :)
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Great job!
    I'm sure you logged quite a few hours of overtime sorting this out.
    Thank you all for the hard work.

except I doubt they are hourly.. Salary is far more likely
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
This discussion has been closed.