test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

April 2023 Outage Discussion Thread

Comments

• cunningstunt9001cunningstunt9001 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I managed to get in after consistent error 4, so they're making progress under the hood.
  • xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Update, after doing a forced verify the patcher started patching. Though slower then usual it seems to be patching.
    1kltX02.jpg
  • sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    I can't tell (after several rejections for invalid password) if it's because my password is bad or there are issues with launching the game. I've changed my password 3x so far.
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Hey gang - don't want to send too many "we have no update" updates, but just to keep you informed, the team is still working hard on trying to pinpoint the best way to fix this issue, which is affecting all Cryptic games right now. Hopefully some good news today.

I appreciate the heads-up. Just hope it won't take 30+ 5G patches to undo the mess the launcher made earlier.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I was playing... for one patrol. Don't enter any buildings/stations
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,443 Community Moderator
    sussethrai wrote: »
    I can't tell (after several rejections for invalid password) if it's because my password is bad or there are issues with launching the game. I've changed my password 3x so far.

Its not your password. Game is borked and Devs are working on it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • megas#5499 megas Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Heh, if you can get the launcher to...launch, I can do a forced verify to run the game. Of course that means 10+gig download if you want to play...every time. You can switch between accounts as long as you do not close the client. Once you do it's back to square 0.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,102 Arc User
    The game seems to be working for me now. Downloaded a patch and logged on. Closed the game and was able to get back into it without any issues or further patching. Will be back later to play and catch up on things.
  • stusaysmoostusaysmoo Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I'm also in, not tried anything yet but ESD has loaded
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    Well I am glad all the comments about this are in one place now. Is anyone still getting a 10 gig patch to get in? There were reports of an occasional working patch 5 hours ago. But I think all the patches may be broken again due to the current discussion on Reddit. Even the people who said they got a good patch said they were patching several gigabytes before they got lucky. I really only play this game, so I guess I have free time to try. But the cumbersome process seems wasteful. I hope they can fix it soon. Neverwinter and Champions online are experiencing similar things. So it is a really big disaster for them. I’m sure they are having a hard time sleeping.
  • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Good morning! Sorry I'm late to the party, folks, but I was up late dealing with all of this as well. And a girl has gotta get her rest sometime. 🤷‍♀️ As y'all can see from Kael's post, yes, the devs are deploying a fix this morning via an alternate method to get this out faster, since last night's fix has been rolling out too slowly. As for calls of compensation, the Events are being extended due to this downtime. There has been no other word of anything else. With regards to the false sunsetting blog, yes, it was a fake. And Cryptic knows who did it and they accepted responsibility and publicly apologized. There is a stickied thread in this very subforum for those who need an official statement on the matter. Meanwhile, we'll keep you informed as new information comes. We know that this is frustrating for many of you, but please, continue to be patient and civil. Thank you!

Thank you for the update, very nice to hear an official note. Hope it gets fixed quick.
    Will give tomorow a next try.

"Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    I think it's fixed got a 300mb patch and i am in game now
    OPv9m3F.jpg
    Whoah! Hope🤞🤘🖖
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,102 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    Whoah! Hope

Absolutely. Have been completely in/out of game 3x now. No issues so hopefully this is it :smile:
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    for those who are in charge and want to know, i just downloaded the 500mb file for an arn, and am now in the game, not sure how long for will keep this updated as they become necessary :) YAY it might be fixed.
    I have had to get in and out of the game 3x since it got fixed and have had 0 issues.
    I am happy to report that I have been on and off the game now since 4pm it is now 9pm and no patches of any kind have gone thru to mess me up :) !
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    Yeah! It worked! Thanks team Cryptic
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    Seems to work now without a patch. Launcher is back and I could go back into the game a Hooray for who ever worked on it !!!
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
    protoneous wrote: »
    The game seems to be working for me now. Downloaded a patch and logged on. Closed the game and was able to get back into it without any issues or further patching. Will be back later to play and catch up on things.

*Fingers crossed* Game allowed me to log in, but now I don't dare logging out again. :wink:

Also, 'working' is perhaps saying too much. Have you ppl seen the floor at DS9? Apparently it is like that at ESD too.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    I can't get past the Cryptic screen. It gets stuck with no progress. Damn changelings. Anyone else?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• imporator#2419 imporator Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I hope they take into account that normaly ISP's don't like gigabyte after gigabyte downloads.
    EDIT: Mine is starting to cut my connection.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,737 Community Moderator

Captains - we're back. Thank you so much for your incredible patience over the last few days. All Captains on PC will be receiving a package of an Experimental Ship Upgrade, Captain Upgrade, and Bridge Officer Upgrade as a thank you. We appreciate you.

Sorry, forgot to say this will be live on PC on Wednesday.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited April 2023
    Captains - we're back. Thank you so much for your incredible patience over the last few days. All Captains on PC will be receiving a package of an Experimental Ship Upgrade, Captain Upgrade, and Bridge Officer Upgrade as a thank you. We appreciate you.

Hey now, that is more than I expected. :smiley: (And more than we likely deserved; I would have taken the 2-day event extension).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,170 Arc User
    Me too. Just goes to show. Show the devs and community management team respect, you get respect back.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    It was a great thread I got running here, thanks everybody for participating let's hope we make it through the Easter weekend !!!
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • dustin#7865 dustin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The patch is at 2.1 gig and only 21% so hopefully this will work
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,324 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Trying to log back in now, I'll post a screenshot if I get in (I'll edit into this post as not to spam the thread)v4gx9nizhm9a.png
    as promised a screenshot in case I got in (I still got some "InvalidEntityName" bugged names there but I'm in)

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,737 Community Moderator
    I was able to get in without any issues. My launcher updated, but no patch. But then, I didn't make umpteen attempts to get in during the outage, so I probably never downloaded the corrupted files. 🤷‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    Ok, so, it looks like we're back. Hooray!

All Captains on PC will be able to claim a special package of one bridge officer upgrade, one captain upgrade, and one experimental ship upgrade starting on Wednesday, once per account, as a thank you for being awesome and your patience.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    as promised a screenshot in case I got in (I still got some "InvalidEntityName" bugged names there but I'm in)

Indeed, the InvalidEntityName bug is back.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.