test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Comments

• Options
    raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Downloaded a bunch of patches, force verified the game, and now this... 7v5e9gea9cjc.jpeg
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Okay, maybe we've found a new STO mini-game
    oq65auorsmsw.jpg

Beat that!
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    robynkaterobynkate Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Same here got to the game, did the dailies (Most not all). Then went to do some on the fleet's Colony World and got stuck in loading screen. It said "Patching 3: (something here) 0 bytes". I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of it. Then boom this same thing you all are seeing... After about 12 or 13 tries it went over to saying "Connecting..."

EDIT: The window just popped up and a pop up started saying "Connection was idle for too long" then it closed the client launcher down :(

EDIT: Tried again, this popped up along with the idle for too long error...
    c6c32gl7tnls.png
  • Options
    starbase35starbase35 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    After 18 Times Connecting into the Launcher and then load it i got this Error:

bccmnpox82iy.jpg
  • Options
    nightdragon81nightdragon81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    robynkate wrote: »
    Same here got to the game, did the dailies (Most not all). Then went to do some on the fleet's Colony World and got stuck in loading screen. It said "Patching 3: (something here) 0 bytes". I had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of it. Then boom this same thing you all are seeing... After about 12 or 13 tries it went over to saying "Connecting..."

EDIT: The window just popped up and a pop up started saying "Connection was idle for too long" then it closed the client launcher down :(

EDIT: Tried again, this popped up along with the idle for too long error...
    c6c32gl7tnls.png

getting this now too

whatever the have done is making things worse i thnk
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,352 Community Moderator
    edited April 2023
    Good morning! Sorry I'm late to the party, folks, but I was up late dealing with all of this as well. And a girl has gotta get her rest sometime. 🤷‍♀️ Yes, the devs are deploying a fix this morning via an alternate method to get this out faster, since last night's fix has been rolling out too slowly. For those looking for "official" word on things, there are posts and a discussion in General Discussion as well as GNN. As for calls of compensation, the Events are being extended due to this downtime. There has been no other word of anything else. We'll keep you informed as new information comes. We know that this is frustrating for many of you, but please, continue to be patient and civil. Thank you!
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    shadowleopard64#3762 shadowleopard64 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    (Flaming/trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

it wasn't either but unfair moderation and censorship
    Post edited by shadowleopard64#3762 on
  • Options
    deltaagent26#5483 deltaagent26 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can't even get into the launcher now....
    Instead, I get a small white-box, pop-up, saying
    "trying to update the launcher, please be patient"
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    Good morning! Sorry I'm late to the party, folks, but I was up late dealing with all of this as well. And a girl has gotta get her rest sometime. 🤷‍♀️ Yes, the devs are deploying a fix this morning via an alternate method to get this out faster, since last night's fix has been rolling out too slowly. For those looking for "official" word on things, there are posts and a discussion in General Discussion as well as GNN. As for calls of compensation, the Events are being extended due to this downtime. There has been no other word of anything else. We'll keep you informed as new information comes. We know that this is frustrating for many of you, but please, continue to be patient and civil. Thank you!

May I suggest directing players to the newly created https://account.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1270202/april-2023-outage-discussion-thread

to therefore keep everything uniform, merge this thread with it and close this thread.
  • Options
    and now this wow this just gets more interestingue1hndn4l0wf.png
  • Options
    syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Last nights fix wasnt really a fix, some of the players already diagnosed the Correct files needed for the game to run by Casualsab, another posted on reddit the update log showing the wrong timestamps on files it tried to download along with posts in this thread about the number of files changing on verifys and updates. 120k, files, 180k files ppl get with updates both wrong as it should be over 200k files i think. 230407 files i think stated on reddit.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    eazzie wrote: »

May I suggest directing players to the newly created https://account.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1270202/april-2023-outage-discussion-thread

to therefore keep everything uniform, merge this thread with it and close this thread.

Thanks, but no. This is a bug report. The other is a discussion thread. We'll keep them separate for those reasons.

And since this is a bug report, if you're not providing useful information that could help in solving the issue and are just complaining, then you're not really helping. I would suggest that you take those complaints to the discussion thread, but keep it civil, please. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    And yet another new surprise!
    4bgzsv2559d7.png
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User

[quote-

Thanks, but no. This is a bug report. The other is a discussion thread. We'll keep them separate for those reasons.

And since this is a bug report, if you're not providing useful information that could help in solving the issue and are just complaining, then you're not really helping. I would suggest that you take those complaints to the discussion thread, but keep it civil, please. Thank you.
    [/quote]

Yes agreed one sees ones point

• Options
    sofiarivas#5677 sofiarivas Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Same issue, can't start the game;

PZuk9iw.png
  • Options
    sofiarivas#5677 sofiarivas Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Well this is new, still broken, but new;
    w8ayiht.png
  • Options
    ahclem#3557 ahclem Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well this is new, still broken, but new;
    w8ayiht.png

I have the same after five patches, including two that were around 10 GB each.

jgkg1njlr4d0.png
  • Options
    taylorsith79taylorsith79 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    My launcher updated and this now consistently happening when I attempt to start the game... As soon as it tries to patch the game, I see "Error 4. Attempted view is invalid" pop up. It tries to restart but quickly crashes say the server has been idle too long... In the middle of an event REALLY!!!! would be nice if the "Players" that cant play cause someone doesn't understand programing code and do their job correctly got some serious compensation for this...
  • Options
    clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User

Cheers! That - the event extension(s) - is something at least! Thanks, Baddmoon!
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • Options
    tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Worked fine yesterday for me and my kids.
    Today getting that message
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    welp..this is new

iing2kb7vd62.png
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Same. The game worked fine for me until this morning.
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Exactly. All new error message. Not sure that constitutes progress, tho.
    xraiderv1 wrote: »
    welp..this is new

iing2kb7vd62.png

• Options
    /merged threads
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options

Hey gang - don't want to send too many "we have no update" updates, but just to keep you informed, the team is still working hard on trying to pinpoint the best way to fix this issue, which is affecting all Cryptic games right now. Hopefully some good news today.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    2:37PM (eastern time, US), Log-in server working, just logged in and all seems fine!
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Everyone has posted screen shots of the same thing i am getting now.
    Still dead still waiting.
  • Options
    shakesthecatshakesthecat Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Adding a new one to the collection...after countless gigs of patches I now get this...loving No Contact weekend 2023!!!
    aq53pdszeq24.jpg
  • Options
    thatsgottahurtthatsgottahurt Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I can get to the loading screen now, but the loading never completes and it just sits there.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I'm in. I was able to get to the Dyson battlezone, and did the Borg red alert. I did NOT patch at all to get into the game.