test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Comments

• Options
    sheozsheoz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    well now stuck on the star trek online refraction screen so guess still not fixed
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Yay! I got in - THANKS CRYPTIC! Now go and eat some ham or something! Happy Easter!
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,418 Community Moderator

Captains - we're back. Thank you so much for your incredible patience over the last few days. All Captains on PC will be receiving a package of an Experimental Ship Upgrade, Captain Upgrade, and Bridge Officer Upgrade as a thank you. We appreciate you.

Sorry, forgot to say this will be live on PC on Wednesday.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Well, it's patching...
    3l0j2kmzrkol.png
    Let's hope it works after this...
  • Options
    thatsgottahurtthatsgottahurt Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Nope, still not working. I am stuck on the Refractions loading screen, and it will not advance.
  • Options
    thatsgottahurtthatsgottahurt Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Just reinstalled the game. Same thing. Gets stuck at the Refractions screen.

Just got it working. Has to use safe mode.

Now I can't get the game to work above 60Hz.
    Post edited by thatsgottahurt on
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Captains - we're back. Thank you so much for your incredible patience over the last few days. All Captains on PC will be receiving a package of an Experimental Ship Upgrade, Captain Upgrade, and Bridge Officer Upgrade as a thank you. We appreciate you.

Sorry, forgot to say this will be live on PC on Wednesday.

So...how would one go about to obtain that pack?
    *Edit
    Nevermind, I just now caught the "it will be live on Wednesday" notice just now.
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User

Well done in the hard tasking of fixing the problem, and the patience of putting up with the complaints over the last 2 days.
    You should receive a commendation for your hard work and patience with the forumites @baddmoonrizin .
  • Options
    You should receive a commendation for your hard work and patience with the forumites @baddmoonrizin .

While the sentiment is appreciated, I just do my best to serve the community as best as I can.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    glasswordsglasswords Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    We moan and complain, but in the end we are grateful that we can be back in the game that we love. Thank you staff for working though it. However, with that said... DON'T EVER BREAT IT LIKE THAT AGAIN!!! :D
  • Options
    parish#5017 parish Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    An improvement but still can't log in. ALL DAY

r98si7cozusu.png
  • Options
    conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    NO still not working
    Launcher crashes at patching
    BOTH Neverwinter and STO!
  • Options
    dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    sheoz wrote: »
    well now stuck on the star trek online refraction screen so guess still not fixed

Me too. This is just not what I would expect from an established game.
  • Options
    dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    sheoz wrote: »

Me too. This is just not what I would expect from an established game.

I launched the game in safe mode and windowed. Was able to get in and then set my graphics setting. So far working fine.

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,543 Arc User
    It has been fixed for me today. Hooray! Thanks for the good Friday on Good Friday. Have a great weekend and sleep well, devs of both games that were affected.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    Up and running again.
    One Disconnect, one SNR and a brief issue of rubberbanding in Borg Red Alert but it's working.
    Don't do this again.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    Good morning! Sorry I'm late to the party, folks, but I was up late dealing with all of this as well. And a girl has gotta get her rest sometime. 🤷‍♀️ Yes, the devs are deploying a fix this morning via an alternate method to get this out faster, since last night's fix has been rolling out too slowly. For those looking for "official" word on things, there are posts and a discussion in General Discussion as well as GNN. As for calls of compensation, the Events are being extended due to this downtime. There has been no other word of anything else. We'll keep you informed as new information comes. We know that this is frustrating for many of you, but please, continue to be patient and civil. Thank you!

Is it all active events that were affected by the outage that are being extended? (Voth Invictus, Red Alert, Jr Officer Recruitment)?
  • Options
    comtaccomtac Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So whatever problem you have been having still is not fixed. I can't stay connected for more than a few minutes before I get the server error and get kicked off. Really sucks when you start playing and at critical moments it lags, locks up and crashes. When I log back in, my character is usually dead, like the game kept playing even after I was kicked off.
  • Options
    comtac wrote: »
    So whatever problem you have been having still is not fixed. I can't stay connected for more than a few minutes before I get the server error and get kicked off. Really sucks when you start playing and at critical moments it lags, locks up and crashes. When I log back in, my character is usually dead, like the game kept playing even after I was kicked off.

That would be a separate issue from the one that the playerbase had been experiencing for the past couple of days, so you would need to file a separate report.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,038 Arc User

While the sentiment is appreciated, I just do my best to serve the community as best as I can.

Nah you have gone above and beyond Badd. While Kael is most certainly Admiral. You clearly need Captain status
  • Options
    gordianknottgordianknott Member Posts: 2 New User
    Is there any action we need to take on our end, because I'm still crashing on start up usually during the Cryptic loading screen.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,038 Arc User
    Is there any action we need to take on our end, because I'm still crashing on start up usually during the Cryptic loading screen.

Force verifying. Making sure on demand patching is off. Making sure your drivers are all up to date. Try that first. Try starting in safe mode. If all of the previously mentioned fails to get you back into game a fresh install may be required.
  • Options
    For any of the devs out there, I am deeply grateful for the lengths you went through for the trouble of getting us back into the game, and my sincerest apologies for my outbursts due to the despair of the situation.
  • Options
    aslapaslap Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Well its started playing up again, I got in went to change map the loading screen froze so closed the game and it keeps trying to patch the launcher, and after 3-7 tries I keep getting this message

- Unable to establish connection to Patch Server.
    Please check your internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.

a managed to get in a few times but then just froze on changing maps.

but now it seems so be constantly stuck trying to patch the launcher.
  • Options
    isabeldawnisabeldawn Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @aslap said:
    > Well its started playing up again, I got in went to change map the loading screen froze so closed the game and it keeps trying to patch the launcher, and after 3-7 tries I keep getting this message
    >
    > - Unable to establish connection to Patch Server.
    > Please check your internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.
    >
    > a managed to get in a few times but then just froze on changing maps.
    >
    > but now it seems so be constantly stuck trying to patch the launcher.

I have this too, once again unable to access the game.
  • Options
    cambera#8319 cambera Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    isabeldawn wrote: »
    > @aslap said:
    > Well its started playing up again, I got in went to change map the loading screen froze so closed the game and it keeps trying to patch the launcher, and after 3-7 tries I keep getting this message
    >
    > - Unable to establish connection to Patch Server.
    > Please check your internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.
    >
    > a managed to get in a few times but then just froze on changing maps.
    >
    > but now it seems so be constantly stuck trying to patch the launcher.

I have this too, once again unable to access the game.

Me too...
    Had a good gaming session yesterday and again this morning - now can't connect

bhyfmypfpn2m.png

7xdy04abm8pf.png
  • Options
    pegrimscrusadepegrimscrusade Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946 myself and several other people can not connect to server this morning due to what @cambera just posted
  • Options
    josephardoinjosephardoin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946 to repeat what others are posting for this morning (4/9/23). there seems to be a problem with getting onto the server.
  • Options
    m1k3d4m4g3m1k3d4m4g3 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Same as Cambera and others this morning.

Worked fine since Friday's 120GB+ "let it ferment/simmer" fix, aside from needing a shuttle to enter Terran battle zone.

Worked this morning until a character change was initiated and froze at 0% patching files upon leaving Starfleet Academy to return to character selection screen.
    If the situation is counter diplomatic, then we must follow with force.
  • Options
    aslapaslap Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    yep it looks like its very widespread even another post on bugs and a reddit, some saying they havnt been affected yet but for how long, and given its sunday and easter weakend will be lucky if anoyone can get in by monday evening.