Options

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Comments

• Options
    glasswordsglasswords Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    robynkate wrote: »
    cisticola wrote: »
    At this point I am considering backing up my user files and just uninstalling STO. The launcher seems unstable and or corrupted to me after all the constant patches which is progressively getting worse (white or black screen on the launcher, hanging etc.). I'll reinstall again when there's a stable release.

I uninstalled mine yesterday, and trying to reinstall it last night took forever, and the error still occurred. But now it is like everyone else, patching through repeated cycles of ###.8 patch, while the tribble server has ###.10 patch.

Can we use the tribble server patch to make the Holodeck server work?

EDIT: Just speaking from experience, I wouldn't recommend uninstalling, you may get a lucky roll and get into the game to at least do solo content for a while.

I tried the Tribble build and was able to get the client to launch. Saved the DLLs and copied just the "missing" DLLs into the Holodeck build. Client immediately crashed, so no luck there.
  • Options
    essig#0884 essig Member Posts: 12 New User
    Patching. The new STO minigame> @glasswords said:
    > I tried the Tribble build and was able to get the client to launch. Saved the DLLs and copied them into the Holodeck build. Client immediately crashed, so no luck there.

Thanks I was about to try that.
  • Options
    captynjanewaycaptynjaneway Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    saaame thing...unable to log in for like 4 days ago...im having withdrawal symptoms!
  • Options
    stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    saaame thing...unable to log in for like 4 days ago...im having withdrawal symptoms!

How many lights do you see? :D
  • Options
    nightdragon81nightdragon81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    thats new, the game started up took a really long time at the first cryptic screen (like 3 mins) then moved to the next screen and i waited 6 mins, ended up having to Cntrl Alt Del out and now back to patch hell...

seriously guys, this half TRIBBLE patch is just bad.
  • Options
    glasswordsglasswords Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    stohanson wrote: »

How many lights do you see? :D

Very well played sir. Well played.
  • Options
    anpanman#9507 anpanman Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2023
    I finally managed to login after several upon several patches night and day. I have yet to try anything significant. InvalidEntityName is back for everyone at Earth Space Dock.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,091 Arc User
    I thought I'd managed to avoid this problem as I've been logging in just fine since it surfaced 3 days ago, but...
    114wo7u6m5sj.jpg
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Got to the point where it went to the loading screen and crashed. Maybe I'm close.
  • Options
    mikerc024mikerc024 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    The launcher forced me to download another 2gb+ patch - after the patch was completed I now get the message "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" when I try to press engage

Same problem, game crashed when trying to go to ship bridge after it failed to load a patch. I turned on demand patching off and now the client crashes on start after it tried to patch 2+ GB. Just did a force verify and it patched 5.5 GB and crashes on start.

Same problem game don't work after patching on 23/04/07 at 17:07 french time
  • Options
    odinson#1436 odinson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This is insane, day 2 of not being able to log in. We have three lifetime membership accounts in my home and no one can log in. We are now behind in our endeavors, campaign dil and converting dil. I know it's been well over a year since we missed a single day of gaming, between chasing rewards, endeavors and character development. Even if they increase the campaign length damage is done in the other daily tasks and timers items such as dil and reputation that we won't get back.
  • Options
    toadgoadertoadgoader Member Posts: 17 Arc User

10:26 CST 4/7/2023 Problem still persists
    0adj70xk2q6c.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I thought I'd managed to avoid this problem as I've been logging in just fine since it surfaced 3 days ago, but...
    Game has patched itself 6 times in the past 50ish minutes - on one occasion, I swear it took in half the goddamn internet!!! :wink:
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    nightdragon81nightdragon81 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    necriemoonnecriemoon Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Tribble build lets me launch the game but it crashes at/after the "Cryptic" splash screen. My most recent incident/crash ID is 51dbc5.

Holodeck gives me the error "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" after downloading about a 2 GB patch. It downloads the 2 GB patch *Every* time I run the launcher.

So... still down. :(
  • Options
    haiggy23haiggy23 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I understand the frustration, but if this game is the only thing you wake up for in life, it's time to find a second thing to wake up for.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    "We have no clear ETA on a fix..."
    Not even Tuesday? :D
    haiggy23 wrote: »
    ...it's time to find a second thing to wake up for.
    Sausages!
  • Options
    raytech#3784 raytech Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I'm having the same issue but I also noticed something disturbing about the bonus weekend image. Can someone please explain this to me?
    Post edited by raytech#3784 on
  • Options
    clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    This is insane, day 2 of not being able to log in. We have three lifetime membership accounts in my home and no one can log in. We are now behind in our endeavors, campaign dil and converting dil. I know it's been well over a year since we missed a single day of gaming, between chasing rewards, endeavors and character development. Even if they increase the campaign length damage is done in the other daily tasks and timers items such as dil and reputation that we won't get back.

Aye, agreed! However, this happened once before that I recall, and they DIDN'T extend the event(s). So, the Voth event was ruined for some, now that's ended, and this 5-day Red Alert event - even though the gains are a wee bit on the "not much" side - are gan to be thrown off or sunk as well.

I don't understand my side - I had been playing without issue at all until last evening (6 April), logged off to play some fetch with my pup, then started having this happen about 30 min. later when I went to log back in.

Maybe it's the Universe telling me: "play with your dog more; game much less; especially STO."

UPDATE: 7 April, 5:20 p.m. GMT -

New and IMPROVED issue:
    ea1y0pg9tohs.jpg
    Post edited by clannmac on
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • Options
    I can't even connect to the launcher now.
  • Options
    tippy332tippy332 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Finally got it to load then exited --now can't connect to auto updater exited it after it tried ti connect 8 times.
    maybe just too many trying to update to get game working. I'll try later.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,038 Arc User
    tippy332 wrote: »
    Finally got it to load then exited --now can't connect to auto updater exited it after it tried ti connect 8 times.
    maybe just too many trying to update to get game working. I'll try later.

• Options
    sergej2807sergej2807 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    AfterI I startet the Game and crached to maptransfer into Nukara Prime, I can't even connect to the launcher now.
  • Options
    vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Here's where I am...

x2knlndbikqj.jpg
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
  • Options
    starbase35starbase35 Member Posts: 10 Arc User

fl0vg1yx87hp.jpg
  • Options
    syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Same now the launcher is stuck trying to update. Lets hope thats a sign someone is fixing stuff and not everyone being banned for flooding their download service.
  • Options
    shadowleopard64#3762 shadowleopard64 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    starbase35 wrote: »

fl0vg1yx87hp.jpg

got you beat loly55so19y7rkc.png