Comments

• Options
    zorel#5360 zorel Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    after a few useless patches I'm also getting "Error 2 File not found"
  • Options
    archbetharchbeth Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    As of 11:30pm Eastern, I'm getting:
    A patch. (a 12 gig one)
    Engage? No. After a brief "connecting to account server," it gives me: "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly."
    When I quit out of the launcher, it wants to re-patch each time before the Engage button lights up.

Any hope the Red Alert event will be extended? :'(
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    @chrian#9670 @baddmoonrizin @ambassadorkael#6946
    Currently the patch is not sticking, and is leaving many with an error code 2 after attempting to press engage.
    Even if we close the launcher and attempt a restart, it goes back into doing the patch again, does not even fix after rebooting the pc.

( Edited to remove video as its no longer needed )..
    Post edited by timelords1701 on
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    I'm going to bed now, this is clearly not getting fixed tonight.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Not yet fixed, there's a red bar saying "we are aware ...".
  • Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I am still having the same problem I have had for over 24 hours now:
    "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly".

This has got to be the worst belated April Fools joke in the history of STO.
    It has literally turned "First Contact Day" into "No Contact Day". *sigh*

Is it that the legacy code is becoming unmaintainable by the current devs,
    is QA falling down on the job, has version control become a thing of the
    past so you can not easily rollback when a serious problem is released,
    or has all of the above happened at once in a Super Murphy Event?

Saying "you have applied a fix, but it will take time to deploy" does not
    give an expected timeframe of when all users will be back online,
    nor does it address the issue of telling us why this happened in the first place.

*sigh*
  • Options
    korrtakinkorrtakin Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Good morning, new patch, same problem here "unable to start game client"...

Roll back to the working version, and do the TEST the new version before you roll it out. 4 day weekend and not able to play, thx.
  • Options
    redshirt1981redshirt1981 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I got a new patch but the game still isn't starting. I must admit that all the money I spent on this game was really well spent...not.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Hope they fix things before the weekend. :/
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,023 Arc User

Got every bit of confidence the devs are working themselves to the bone to get everything back up and running asap. I am certain they are hating this situation as much as the player community, and they certainly do not need the many many negative posts that have been made on the forum relating to the issue that the amazing mods are having to deal with. While the game is down the players at least have options to go and do something else while things get fixed, The devs don't have that option they are all working for OUR benefits so we can enjoy the game WE all love. so instead of berating them. show them that they have our support.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    wow still not fixed? got patch and still broken
  • Options
    tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    Over 24 hours of not being able to access this game. I am getting increasingly frustrated at this situation.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

Got every bit of confidence the devs are working themselves to the bone to get everything back up and running asap. I am certain they are hating this situation as much as the player community, and they certainly do not need the many many negative posts that have been made on the forum relating to the issue that the amazing mods are having to deal with. While the game is down the players at least have options to go and do something else while things get fixed, The devs don't have that option they are all working for OUR benefits so we can enjoy the game WE all love. so instead of berating them. show them that they have our support.

"do something else" is not an argument.

Try balancing dil earnings for multiple characters by good event run planning and suddenly wake up to not being able to get the top value dil drop (like from the last day of the event).

• Options
    husk10#9106 husk10 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Over 24 hours of not being able to access this game. I am getting increasingly frustrated at this situation.

Everyone is, I can imagine the people at Cryptic are far more frustrated at this point than we are.
  • Options
    bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Something similar like this happened in October of 2020 where we weren't able to log in game at all for 2 whole weeks and the worst case was it affected the Steam users more than anything else. I hope it won't take that long for this problem to be solved or we're in for a long wait till we're able to play the game once again.

7od28d4daiej.gif
  • Options
    gmfnomadgmfnomad Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    This really sucks I patched this game the morning of the 6th played the game a couple times during the day and now it won't let me play WTF is going on here???
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    Another big TRIBBLE patch and another big load of nada.
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Today again not able to start the game.
    No official news on the site or on forum, this it's dissapointing .
    Good luck on fixing, maybe we can play this weekend.

2 Days of events missed now.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    aranhiamaranhiam Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Alas my fellow Captains... I'm a bearer of ill news. Today I logged into launcher to check if the fix is on. There was a patch but unfortunatly the "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly", appeared again.
  • Options
    nieskenieske Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    aranhiam wrote: »
    Alas my fellow Captains... I'm a bearer of ill news. Today I logged into launcher to check if the fix is on. There was a patch but unfortunatly the "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly", appeared again.

I came here just to type the same thing.
    I could play yesterday (my husband already had the unable to start game client error then), and this morning I saw a patch and now I also get the error.
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »

As far as I remember buying stuff with real money from the shop is supporting them. Its THEIR job to do this properly, they are paid for this. If I would work like that I would get fired asap. But this is the game industry now....shipping games and updates as fast as possible no matter if finished or not, so they can milk more money from us gamers.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,023 Arc User
    Everybody please just have some patience. They are working themselves to the bone (I am certain of it) to get this current situation rectified. players posting the exact same thing constantly just slows the process. with Kael and the mods having to be on the forum moderating posts when their time is better spent collecting news updates to feed back to the community even quicker, (and when they can) but a being bogged down with having to read through post after post of people all saying the same thing over and over again slows everything down. @baddmoonrizin should be frigging commended for the work he has been doing thus far keeping us the playing community as up to date as he possibly can. Work he is doing for FREE because he loves this game as much (even more) than the playing community. It is unfair on him and all the other mods (who also dedicate their time for free) to have to deal with posts from players going on about how much money they have spent in game, how this outage is unacceptable etc etc etc
  • Options
    gmfnomadgmfnomad Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Hey everyone game is fixed i am in-game right now.
  • Options
    bughole3bughole3 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Good news everyone. It works for me now. Standalone game.
  • Options
    Yep, works again, Epic Launcher here.
  • Options
    baseer#4584 baseer Member Posts: 1 New User
    I literally started playing this game this week. I took the day off for my birthday to play, and it doesn't even work. How are you guys getting it to work? I'm running standalone, verified files, and it's still giving me the unable to start game client message. Should I just uninstall it completely and re-install? If I uninstall I may just never re-install this thing. Pretty unimpressed so far.
  • Options
    husk10#9106 husk10 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    gmfnomad wrote: »
    Hey everyone game is fixed i am in-game right now.

Nope, it isn't. I just tried 3x and it's now patched anywhere from 1.5GB to 5GB and still won't launch.

Edit: 4th time's the charm, another 5GB patch process and it now launches. Now I'm afraid to touch anything.
    Post edited by husk10#9106 on
  • Options
    gb1dtfgb1dtf Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Still not working here either (Standalone Game).
  • Options
    xceptionalzeroxceptionalzero Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    The patch this morning gave me alot of............fake hope. Still same error. "client quit unexpectantly"