test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

troubles starting the game

binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
im having troubles starting the game since last update. game will often get unresponsive during start up and i will have to repeat the process several times. i start game directly from exe file.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,348 Community Moderator
    /moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    vidorralbrvidorralbr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having same issue. Unable to log in, getting server timed out error.
  • Options
    tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Same here.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,016 Arc User
    Force verify. Make sure on demand patching is not on. Try starting in safe mode. Also make sure drivers are all up to date.
  • Options
    tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Did all that including uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
  • Options
    daarkangyylldaarkangyyll Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm getting a version mismatch message. tried patching 15 times and still no luck getting in. Uninstalled/Reinstalled game and it still gives me the message.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,489 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    > @daarkangyyll said:
    > I'm getting a version mismatch message. tried patching 15 times and still no luck getting in. Uninstalled/Reinstalled game and it still gives me the message.

Have you turned off On Demand Patching in the Options menu of the STO launcher, turned on Force Verify there as well, let it patch, and tried again?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    daarkangyylldaarkangyyll Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yes, on demand patching is off and force verify is on. I've patched 20 or more times and the problem still persists. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. problem still exists
  • Options
    stohansonstohanson Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Yes, on demand patching is off and force verify is on. I've patched 20 or more times and the problem still persists. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. problem still exists

Same issue. Was this ever resolved or explained? My issue just started tonight.
  • Options
    michael#6711 michael Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    stohanson wrote: »

Same here. Hopped on to see if it was a known issue. Worked fine earlier today. "unable to start game, client quit unexpectedly"
  • Options
    bewest763bewest763 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @"michael#6711" said:
    > Same here. Hopped on to see if it was a known issue. Worked fine earlier today. "unable to start game, client quit unexpectedly"
    same thing
  • Options
    bandit576bandit576 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same issue. Issue started following the 4/4/23 update. CANNOT LOGIN. "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly."
  • Options
    conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I have the exact same message
    I did a force verify & it patched something for 2gb
    Still does not work
    Post edited by conradhauser on
  • Options
    michael#6711 michael Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Good to know it's not just me. Oh well.
  • Options
    dblooddblood Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same message "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly."
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I played the game for several hours today and shut down the game. I tried to login about half an hour ago and evidently there was another, possibly, pre-patch... probably in preparation for tomorrow. Now I am getting the message "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly." after entering my login/password and hitting Engage.

Did a Force Verify and it stopped around file 107*** and came up with "Error 2: File not found." The launcher then downloaded a file 1788.* mb in size and hit Engage again... still getting the error... "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly."

Update: After digging in other areas, it seems that this is a known issue... possibly with the patch server and the devs will probably have to throw out another patch to correct this.
    Post edited by ikonn#1068 on
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    welp add me to the list.
  • Options
    wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    dblood wrote: »

Same. After Force Verify and long download as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Getting the same ...... Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly even after the patch
  • Options
    kleinroeschenkleinroeschen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    here the same issue
  • Options
    Hopefully it will be sorted in today's maintenance .... Fingers crossed
  • Options
    aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    stohanson wrote: »

Same here. Hopped on to see if it was a known issue. Worked fine earlier today. "unable to start game, client quit unexpectedly"

Exact same issue, been away for quite some time and ran into this login issue, quite annoying >.>.

Also noticed that even though its patching it not taking up any actual space on the drive its installing too ? So is it *Actually* installing the 2GB+ patch or just wasting our time ?
  • Options
    cisticolacisticola Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    On twitter (really? I need to go there) it says,
    "Looks like there's some kind of issue with logging in on PC, we're investigating.", and
    "We're likely going to have to put out a patch in the morning to fix this issue"

That was over 7 hours ago, so I guess a patch during today's maintenance period...
  • Options
    ulisseys#6140 ulisseys Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    same here i tried everything... literally everything including reinstall clean. safe mode, re patching, admin doesnt work. launching through steam, as well... the error just randomly started no rhyme or reason. i have a brand new computer and everything is up to date and perfect.
  • Options
    scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Just had Error 2 then the game patched several GBs data, thats after I took it to be, a serveral GB pre patch for First Contact day on Tuesday , which filled everything with invalid entry name , now after this patch of another 3 odd GBs I get this

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

ao i cant continue my Voth and 5 event mission for today.

what gives?
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • Options
    shelinesheline Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Game was working fine yesterday evening. This afternoon the client downloaded and installed a patch and now I'm also getting this message. Hopefully they'll fix this issue soon.
    So you want a Caitian science officer? Not a very good idea, after all curiosity killed the cat.
  • Options
    melniramelnira Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    sheline wrote: »

Game was working fine yesterday evening. This afternoon the client downloaded and installed a patch and now I'm also getting this message. Hopefully they'll fix this issue soon.

I've been waiting over 12hrs since it became impossible to enter the game.
  • Options
    Thought maintenance was scheduled for today. The banner has gone from the launcher and the status of the server says still up.
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    And it still doesn't work.
  • Options
    hippis#7044 hippis Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    And cnaseled prew patch as it not enough !
    Yea yea im dyslexi get over it !