Install Arc
Options

troubles starting the game

2»

Comments

• Options
    hramonehramone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I have the same issues starting the game via Steam. Game worked properly yesterday. After installing the latest patch I get "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly.". I've tried to force-verify the files but it didn't help.

Edit: I was hoping for the maintenance, but as others have already mentioned, the banner disappeared and the servers are still online.
  • Options
    michael#6711 michael Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Latest update is "patch later today..." Guess they couldn't get it figured out in time.
  • Options
    melniramelnira Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    A destinct lack of information regarding this. No comments anywhere about this or what is being done about it unless they use other media to cover this which I don't know about.
  • Options
    x1c3c0ldxx1c3c0ldx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    The issue "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly." still persist, for me this started happening after the latest patch.
    Tried launching the game trough steam and as standalone client, both fail to launch when connecting to the account server.
    Also forced to verify all files as the others in this thread.
    WqFWUHg.png
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,051 Arc User
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »
    Today's maintenance is delayed

Thanks for the heads up.. wish they could inform us on the forum and not on Twitter. =(
  • Options
    mrdaemon666mrdaemon666 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2023
    Same issue here, I had a response back form support basically saying its a known issue and the developer is working on it. They said there's no ETA for the fix.
  • Options
    knockedup#2486 knockedup Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    That was my free day to play, maybe I get some playtime in tomorrow! Keeping my fingers crossed for success with dealing with this.
  • Options
    kleinroeschenkleinroeschen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    After todays patch still the same issue
  • Options
    codexenacodexena Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Well add me to the list at 6:27 AM on April 7th. Thou different error see below:

4nnsw0o028ah.jpg
  • Options
    codexena wrote: »
    Well add me to the list at 6:27 AM on April 7th. Thou different error see below:

Well going directly to the EXE I get the following error that I suspect most get:nocjlxz4x0hg.jpg
  • Options
    For those who are digging into the problem here is the error log:
  • Options
    Ok trying to launch without the launcher resulted in this error that I suspect is the cause. Looking for the noted file does not exist in the new install after patching sadly. Still polking around thou:

mchzn19sg091.jpg
  • Options
    game keeps patching and patching everytime I turn on Arc to check on progress on the current situtation. Idk if it's the same patch ...but it's clearly not the solution to the problem.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,051 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    melnira wrote: »
    game keeps patching and patching everytime I turn on Arc to check on progress on the current situtation. Idk if it's the same patch ...but it's clearly not the solution to the problem.

Some players are already in game after less than 5 patch attempts, some more than 5. Some have patched more than 20 times and still no luck. It is basically a lottery at the moment.
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »
    melnira wrote: »

Some players are already in game after less than 5 patch attempts, some more than 5. Some have patched more than 20 times and still no luck. It is basically a lottery at the moment.

Then let's roll the dice.. and get back into the action. ^^
  • Options
    wo1dashwo1dash Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    2nd day with no game access. Latest patch has killed it. Force Verify and Complete re-install failed.
  • Options
    wo1dash wrote: »
    2nd day with no game access. Latest patch has killed it. Force Verify and Complete re-install failed.

Force varify fails.. missing files ..haven't bothered to reinstall. it would load the same faulty patch
  • Options
    berchadeberchade Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Have you tried turning it off then on again?
  • Options
    x1c3c0ldxx1c3c0ldx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Found a fix: Uninstall the game trough steam, afterwards, go to the steamapps/common folder and delete the star trek online folder. Next reinstall & start star trek online, let it patch. If on first launch it will fail, close the launcher and restart it. It will start downloading a larger patch. After that the game will start.

Edit: After closing the game, it started patching again and the bug returned.
    Post edited by x1c3c0ldx on
    WqFWUHg.png
  • Options
    iamawfullygoodiamawfullygood Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Did even reinstall the whole game and i get a new message: Error 4: Attempt view is invalid
  • Options
    It's getting worse. Launcher can now not establish a connection with the game server.
  • Options
    kleinroeschenkleinroeschen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    finaly it worked for me :)