test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kael is asking for your dilithium sink ideas

Comments

• ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @toadslayer said:
    > The three area where I think Dil sinks would be well received is, Transmog space weapon color. I don't know how to implement it for maximum dil sink but i don't think it matters since it is cosmetic. I don't know if it would be easier to implement a roulette wheel under the upgrade that costs dil or selling and upgrade of a color and weapon type like "Orange Pulse phases" that could be combined with terran task force disruptors deleting both and making an orange Pulse Phaser firing TTD.
    >
    > My next thought is instead of giving the next Uniform for free have players buy them per alt for dil.
    >
    > The last area I think could be used is consumables, while I don't know what consumable would be in demand, if you put out a poll i think you could get some good ideas for an underutilized area of the game.

I think they have said in the past that there are issues with changing weapon colours. Instead how about changing weapon type. You get the weapon with the colour and look you want and you can re-engineer it to any type (beam array, dbb, cannon, omni etc) that you want.
    You keep the Dil coming by making it a random change like regular re engineering
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Pretty sure that's what people wanted anyway, so....

I certain would prefer to have a full set of identical weapon FX coming from my ship, instead of a mostly identical set and 1-2 sore thumbs.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    thetanine wrote: »
    CREATING YOUR OWN BRIDGE OFFICER SEATING AND SPECIALIZATION ON ANY / ALL THE SHIPS YOU OWN!

I would spend dilithium to fabricate my own BoFF setup on any ship I own. What I mean is, to be able to dictate which profession has any given bridge seat, and then on top of that, to set which of the specializations any given boff may have.

Realizing this type of modification would have strict rules to it; no one could create a bridge crew made up of all Tactical officers. We would have choices, almost the same way we can modify our space and ground weapons and equipment. BUT!! It would NOT be a random roll of the dice. We should be able to pick our desired choices, and then pay for the modification(s) in one transaction.

Of course, just as we can now boost our ships to T6-X, we should be given the always open ability to boost our crew up for even more dilithium cost.

I think this would be something that would never get old because the ability to change your boffs around certainly should have a major effect on how your ship performs after any modifications. People will want to tweak each one of their ships, no doubt.

I think the dil people would sink into a system like this would be astronomical; I think you all would agree as well.

=/\= L.L.A.P. my Trekkies! =/\=

No... we would not. As that would literally just be "pick your favorite ship, make it the ultimate, and NEVER BUY ANYTHING AGAIN FROM EITHER DL OR ZEN STORES".

This right here would solve the problem of the DL Exchange... BY KILLING THE GAME OUTRIGHT.

So no... we don't agree. All it would do is encourage every ship to run the exact same BOff layout for the min/max meta flavor of the week, or the creation of the USS UBERSHIP. Also... full pilot spec cruisers? I think we all remember the shenanigans we saw when Kael did a barrel roll with DS9 in a livestream...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    @strathkin ... I actually posted in that thread.

While I get where you're going, a lot of what you're talking about is the next step beyond what I was talking about. For the purposes of my proposal, we don't need to detail exactly what the "new ingredients" would be, just posit that they would exist.

Also I do not think we need to go to R&D 20 (or higher) for new items... that puts too much of a "paywall" (time not money but whatever) in front of it. This is why I was hypothesizing simply on cosmetic variants of (some of) the existing level 15 craftable items... they could also be level 15.

I do agree it, it's more a next step for Crafting to evolve. Still I like your idea, I just found the thread so I wanted to share it, cause of the 4 bullets below as they might apply to this thread as well.

Perhaps it might be wiser to just offer a extra unlock at 18, and another at 20; rather than expanding and unlocking at 20 & 22 on the way to 25. Most are lucky if they even go to 15 today. This older thread still had many core idea's that could be used a framework to greatly expand R&D system, and make R&D Crafting packs once again very valuable.

The core behind was to offer new craftable items, we'd need new Materials to make new items, and from Cryptics point of view require something to drain existing R&D materials as well. Though I suggested simplifying some of the MODs on several craft able items offered today, mostly so they're more relevant today reducing MODs into more versatile groupings! Still if they wanted new craft able items they'd need to combine existing older materials in R&D, by breaking down or combining it in R&D to create a new Synthetic Material. It's the same process used to create Steel from Iron by breaking down two or more materials into a new Compound/Synthetic variation.

So they'd require a new R&D tab, called Synthetics or Compounds; though they likely just add 1-2 Ultra Component below the 2 Very Rare ones already there in each School. In there you have a list of the 10-11 Synthetic Compounds you break down & combine from other Common to Very Rare Materials (using 11-15) of various qualities depending on which new was Material made.

Yet rather than find Ultra Rare Materials, we'd create them from older more common Materials readily available! So depending on what you were creating, one might perhaps (examples) take 2-7 common Materials of one type, combined with 1-4 uncommon of another, and perhaps 1-2 Rare &/or 1 Very Rare to create a new Ultra Synthetic Material. Again you could multiples of those, it just change the time to process or create, multiplied by the quantity by the # being created, and then vary the time from perhaps a few minutes to 30+ minutes, unless you rushed it with DIL. The new craftable items would also require Ultra Components (which be more expensive in DIL than those Very Rare types) then you'd still need to wait for the item to be created as well.

They were idea's... ...how to completely evolve Crafting, while making it more relevant and long term! :)
    1. It see older Materials of greater #'s combined to create 10-11 new Synthetic Materials--many Ultra rare in Trek lore.
    2. It expand the DIL drain, as those above create 4-8 new Ultra Components costing more DIL than Very Rare today.
    3. Make R&D Supply Packs viable again, as old Materials get used up faster, combined into new Materials/Components.
    4. Only require adding 1-2 row of to everyones R&D.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    strathkin wrote: »
    So they'd require a new R&D tab, called Synthetic Compounds. In there you have a list of the Synthetic Compounds you wished to make from 10-11 far more rare Materials found in Space. Then depending on which one perhaps take 2-3 common Materials of one type, combined with 1-2 uncommon of another, and perhaps 1 Rare &/or 1 Very Rare to create a new Ultra Synthetic Material. Again you could create 1-5 of that it just change the time to process from perhaps a few minutes to longer just as today, maybe it also required a bit of DIL (less than components currently are) to create the Synthetic? You could also spend DIL to speed process it. Some new craftable items may also require Ultra Components Created as well and those be even more DIL.

They were idea's... take what you like, it was just a framework that Cryptic could find a way to make Crafting more viable while extending it's appeal, and also slightly expanding the DIL drain, while also creating a new drain on older Materials making R&D supplies packs more valuable again for the serious crafter! :)

The problem with that is it sounds a lot like the older idea they had of Unreplicatable Materials that cost DL to make for the old R&D system when Memory Alpha was still around. It didn't quite work, and I think that just got converted to the flat DL cost of some crafting recipes we have now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited July 2021
    I made a slight revision above to restate:
    strathkin wrote: »
    So they'd require a new R&D tab, called Synthetics or Compounds; though they likely just add 1-2 Ultra Component below the 2 Very Rare ones already there in each School. In there you have a list of the 10-11 Synthetic Compounds you break down & combine from other Common to Very Rare Materials (using 11-15) of various qualities depending on which new was Material made.

Yet rather than find Ultra Rare Materials, we'd create them from older more common Materials readily available! So depending on what you were creating, one might perhaps (examples) take 2-7 common Materials of one type, combined with 1-4 uncommon of another, and perhaps 1-2 Rare &/or 1 Very Rare to create a new Ultra Synthetic Material. Again you could multiples of those, it just change the time to process or create, multiplied by the quantity by the # being created, and then vary the time from perhaps a few minutes to 30+ minutes, unless you rushed it with DIL. The new craftable items would also require Ultra Components (which be more expensive in DIL than those Very Rare types) then you'd still need to wait for the item to be created as well.

They were idea's... ...how to completely evolve Crafting, while making it more relevant and long term! :)
    1. It see older Materials of greater #'s combined to create 10-11 new Synthetic Materials--many Ultra rare in Trek lore.
    2. It expand the DIL drain, as those above create 4-8 new Ultra Components costing more DIL than Very Rare today.
    3. Make R&D Supply Packs viable again, as old Materials get used up faster, combined into new Materials/Components.
    4. Only require adding 1-2 row of to everyones R&D.

Actually it's exactly how it works in our current system!

If you create a Very Rare Component, only those of Uncommon-Rare Quality don't cost any Dithium.

In Beam or Cannon School you got 2 options at Very Rare, Isolinear Circuitry & Isolinear Chip.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Component_-_Isolinear_Circuitry
    ╘ 500 DIL in today's crafting system to create each one.

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Component_-_Isolinear_Chip
    ╘ 4,000 DIL in today's crafting system to create each one.

View them all here: (there's 8) Very Rare Components today, one in each school costing 500, the other 4,000 DIL.
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Research_and_Development_Components

So I've just slightly expanded what they already have today! :blush:

I've shown 10-11 new more Ultra Rare Materials. And suggest they are made from older materials by breaking down & combining them into a new Synthetic Material to be more easily obtainable. It also help drain older materials if you required 10-15 older Materials of various quality to make one new Ultra Synthetic, but would only apply to those who focused on new craftable items! From those new Synthetic Materials they could easily create 8 new Ultra Components!

Ultra Components may also have one that is slightly cheaper, another more expensive just like today.
    ╘ So perhaps one offering 1,250 DIL, and perhaps another for 10,000 DIL in each school.
    ╘ the above example assumed 2.5x, yet they (Cryptic) may choose slightly higher?

You'd still use older Materials, or Components (Common thru Rare -- that have no DIL cost) for all the original or slightly improved Craft able items there today! Yet I showed how they could make several more viable or attractive, by removing Engineering or Science Resist Consoles from single benefit limited use. Those such as Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, or their Duals like (PlaTet) as there are 3 others of those to; into the more viable MODs with ResA, ResB, ResC, ResD, ResE or ResALL to more consoles. They'd could do the same with Engineering & Science Power Consoles giving (WpnPwr), (ShldPwr), (EngPwr), and (AuxPwr) into (WpnEngPwr) and (ShldAuxPwr) for example. Perhaps instead of +4.3 Pwr to One; gives +3.1 to two at XII, applies a similar staged reduction, as shown above by Cryptic from (Pla) to (ResA) but 3.1 not 3.7 given it's Field Exciter with a few extra MODs and limited to one.

Note: I never suggested what new crafted items, Cryptic may introduce thru 1-2 higher unlocks.
    ╘ be they 18, and 20 unlocks as a crafting update, or perhaps 20 & 22, if they expanded R&D out to 22-25? :o
    ╘ Some said in the earlier thread 20 took too long, and most don't even get to 15 today.
    ╘ also the changing of Pwr levels was (similar) to what Cryptic with Resistance, yet they may reduce those more.
    ╘ if they applied to all ENG/SCI consoles, so even slighty reduce the resistance ones a bit further.

Still it make loadouts far more Viable, and reduce some the crazy # of MOD some have beyond 20+. Today with Random TFO's nobody would want to switch to 7+ Energy, Kinetic or Physical Resist Consoles, not including the already existing ResA/B/C/D/E & ResALL on the Premium ENG/SCI consoles, and make more basic ENG/SCI a bit more viable too.

R&D Endgame Impressions - Page 2 but go back and read both pages it's quite interesting.

It's very similar, yet many of these things make sense! improve and makes the crafted consoles more viable given the Random TFO thing we've found ourselves in the last 2+ years!
    0zxlclk.png
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @westmetals said:
    > This was part of the reasoning behind my proposal of alternate craftable omnis and WADHCs.... you would not be changing the weapon visuals. They would instead be brand new weapons that are permanently designed with those visuals.
    >
    > And yes @ucgsquawk#5883 we hear you that you think it should be via re-engineering. I honestly think the R&D way and making it unchangeable would be better for the dilithium economy as it would entail getting and upgrading a different weapon for each desired visual, but however, those would not be randomized. I think more people would be willing to do it, even though it would actually cost more.
    >
    > Remember, an "effective" dilithium sink needs two things:
    > - it needs to be a statistically significant amount of dilithium
    > - it needs to have enough value that players are willing to do it

Effective Dil sink, hence you make it random and expensive.

Crafting is a nice thought but you cut down on the Dil needed over making it random like re engineering. I can guarantee an opportunity like that to be able to change weapons into other types would be popular.
    edited July 2021
    Craft able items however can't be re-engineered (for the Premium ENG/SCI) consoles at least, the MOD you're given at Ultra will always remain for that reason!

Still I like @westmetals idea adding DHC cannons to more than 6 base types, those like (Spiral Wave) or (Andorian Blue) or a few others; just suspect they'll continue to add in the DIL store.

Still on Page 1, 1-2 people asked about unlocking a Visual Slot weapons, I and a few others responded say it was a good idea, I even suggested if for my Ferengi Business Woman with GPL/DIL.

Still with many crafted items, there's just far too many MODs available especially on Engineering & Science Premium Consoles, not to mention the others... So they need to reduce some of the 20+ MOD's and gave examples or the more viable alternatives (many) of which they already offer today plus gave a few examples they could introduce.

Still if a crafting updating, unlocked 1-2 crafted unlocks in each school, that require more Very Rare Components, possible also 8 new Ultra ones. And creating 10-11 new higher quality materials from those already present, also create a dual drain of two different types as denoted by the 4 bullet points above! Yet as the person I tagged above noted, it was designed as a next step for Crafting, which they may already be working on as well!
    0zxlclk.png
    Being able to have a wide-angle rapid-fire quantum would be nice - could replicate the micro-quantum phalanx system on the Achilles from the Dominion War game.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    CREATING YOUR OWN BRIDGE OFFICER SEATING AND SPECIALIZATION ON ANY / ALL THE SHIPS YOU OWN!

I would spend dilithium to fabricate my own BoFF setup on any ship I own. What I mean is, to be able to dictate which profession has any given bridge seat, and then on top of that, to set which of the specializations any given boff may have.

Realizing this type of modification would have strict rules to it; no one could create a bridge crew made up of all Tactical officers. We would have choices, almost the same way we can modify our space and ground weapons and equipment. BUT!! It would NOT be a random roll of the dice. We should be able to pick our desired choices, and then pay for the modification(s) in one transaction.

Of course, just as we can now boost our ships to T6-X, we should be given the always open ability to boost our crew up for even more dilithium cost.

I think this would be something that would never get old because the ability to change your boffs around certainly should have a major effect on how your ship performs after any modifications. People will want to tweak each one of their ships, no doubt.

I think the dil people would sink into a system like this would be astronomical; I think you all would agree as well.

=/\= L.L.A.P. my Trekkies! =/\=

I forgot to say, there would be a time limit. Chucking more dil would reset the clock to varying degrees based on how much dil you toss into the mechanics.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Remove the faction restriction of old cross faction bundles for pricy delithuim charge. Then add a spacial event, that only for limited time, these cross faction bundles are available again from lock boxes.

During these event, expect the burning of resources like never before.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The juice has to be worth the squeeze, or at least seem as though it will be.

Phoenix drops rates (and lack of prizes being added thanks to muggs markup) makes it a bad sink beyond the tech upgrades, which rely on peer pressure to sell since the concept of a game progressing in difficulty as you play through got chucked out the airlock a long time ago and the mindnumbingly bland design within the endless cycle of events won't have anything to push a player.

Holdings are a sink on time and currencies but if they don't offer anything decent at the end why would people even start other than desperation of something to do.

If weapon colours are in the game then they are part of the canon of the game. There's decent no reason not to allow a unification of damage type to a colour that is used by that type within the game. Could even have a sliding scale so that the more official colourings get given a higher cost, which would keep the greedonomic cultists within cryptic satiated for a while.
  • scottie270182#2421 scottie270182 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Could the ability to upgrade the quality and traits of bridge officers be something worth pursuing on the dilithium front?

I know a lot of you probably use special officers that increase DPS and whatnot, but when it comes to my Starfleet captains, I prefer to remain loyal to the bridge officers that joined my characters at the start of their crazy journey. So if I could upgrade the likes of Zarva, Skavrin and Tamav to purple quality, and apply alternate or even superior traits, it would definitely be something I'd be willing to spend dilithium on.
    "..to boldly go where no one has gone before."
    edited July 2021
    It's certainly possible, after all several Fleet Holdings allow you to buy Bridge Officers, with different (sometimes) more desirable Traits for sure. Those often require Fleet Credits &/or DIL depending on their Quality however.

Also realize if you liked T'Vrel like I did, even though she was given as (Uncommon) I've often upgraded to her (Very Rare) and made her look the same too. Just go to your Tailor and be sure to save her Outfit at Tailor, then if you disband her when you get a new Vulcan Female (with close or similar Traits) on Exchange your happy with. You can also save her outfit from another Captain on the Account, and use to update or Load her outfit/apperance to another. I even then managed to rename her give her the same name as well, since she was only Uncommon Originally. Generally however the # of Superior Traits are limited to 1 for Rare Bridge Officers, and 2 for Very Rare.

So if they'd allow us to replace regular traits, or superior traits with others, for specific Bridge Officers for DIL is interesting...
    0zxlclk.png
    Spend dilithium to rent out the lock-box ships. Spend more to keep the ship longer. Spend more to change the BOff layout and specializations for any of the BOffs. The more dil you keep throwing at the rental service, the longer you keep it going for yourself.

Bonus: Use YOUR dilithium (or your fleet's dil) to rent out lockbox ships for OTHER players!!

EVERYONE, and I mean every single soul who plays the game, will LOVE this mechanic and WILL keep the dil flowing.

Remember Dil = RL$$ and the DEVS LOVE IT!! I Love IT!! <3
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    edited July 2021
    Flaming/trolling redacted. — WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    > @vanhyo said:
    > Remove the faction restriction of old cross faction bundles for pricy delithuim charge. Then add a spacial event, that only for limited time, these cross faction bundles are available again from lock boxes.
    >
    > During these event, expect the burning of resources like never before.

I like to upgrade my idea -

add the old cross faction bundles to the ultra rare phoenix token, only during phoenix event.

Then add the option to that ds9 ferengi to "crack the faction lock" to the bundle for you, in exchange for pricy delithium check.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    something I think might work is the ability to swap boff and doffs via a dil fee.

To explain lets say I got a too many bridge officers but I need more Duty Officers, so my idea was that you could convert you excess bridge officers to duty officers of same name, race, appearance and quality (or change your excess duty officers to bridge officer candidates the same way) with a fee based on quality of the officer in question and possibly some limits as well.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    The post above kind of reminds me of something I have wanted for a long time. The ability to upgrade the quality of a Bridge Officer thanks to one of the longer running bugs in the game that PWE/Cryptic still can't be bothered to fix. I would not only spend Dilithium to return the Bridge Officers that have depreciated in quality, but also upgrade some of the original Bridge Officers used that weren't ever purple quality. Also, the ability to unlock other Bridge Officer skills instead of just having to waste time running around to get manuals would be something I would gladly sink Dilithium into. It wouldn't be a lot, but it would add up over time, obviously. 500DL for a Ensign skill, 1,000DL for a Lt. skill, 1,500 for Lt. Comm. skill, and 2,000 for a Commander skill.

Being Fleet Admiral's, I would also like to see the ability to promote one Bridge Officer to the rank of Captain. This could cost more Dilithium and be limited to one Bridge Officer playable character. This would give us an extra special ability only obtainable through this process to use on whatever ship we are flying as long as that Bridge officer is slotted. This could also be applied to ground as well and wouldn't be available until characters reach the rank of Fleet Admiral. Considering how much some of the extra trait slots cost. I would say 250,000 Dilithium for this sounds like a fair cost, as long as the Captain ability introduced is actually useful.
    westmetals wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    Being Fleet Admiral's, I would also like to see the ability to promote one Bridge Officer to the rank of Captain.
    Cryptic was actually planning on doing this years and years ago, long before ViL.

The featured was canned because CBS vetoed the ability to make android BOFFs playable.

Yeah but if you read his proposal, it was not to make a BOFF into a player character. He just wants to be able to unlock a (hypothetical) 5th level of BOFF abilities.

We don't even have a fourth level yet - only the Borg Queen does...we're still stuck with level 3.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

This discussion has been closed.