test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kael is asking for your dilithium sink ideas

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    Cardassian Ground Weapons would sell like hot cakes in the Dil Store, there's clearly a demand for them, specifically Cardassian players.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    First of all. Kael should have asked here. Not just on Twitter. We really need a new Community Manager!

Why not a game-wide event where the entire playerbase are taken into the 32nd century to help restore Dilithium to all of Starfleet's outposts, stations, and members of the Federation. This could be a month long galaxy-wide event, maybe even longer, where players can search for Dilithium, but also use their excess Dilithium to help speed up the event objectives, which can be cumulative each day, week, etc. Once certain goals are unlocked, rewards unlock for the entire server and are awarded to every player.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Community: We need some kind of Dilithium sink.
    Suggestion: Here's a Dilithium sink that everyone will likely use and actually work. Bring back the Transwarp Coil requirement.
    Community: NO! NO! NO! NO!

Do y'all really want a Dilithium sink or not?

Not via 'forced' means, no. It was a deeply unpopular mechanic that absolutley no-one misses.

Again, as said a few posts ago, if they wanted to implement something along these lines the Transwarp beaming devices that dropped in the Kelvin Divergence lock box would be a better idea.
    https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Transwarp_Beaming_Device

Those were pretty darn useful, and a I still have a few left that I tend to keep for when I want to get from, say, ESD to Risa instantly (i.e. without having to beam to my ship, warp/transwarp out of ESD space, warp into Risa orbit and then beam down).

That's...outside the Summer Event, right? Because the event provides a free, unlimited transwarp button directly to Risa's surface from anywhere in the galaxy.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Getting people to pay little bits of dil to transwarp around will never eat enough dil to be much of a sink. Most people have toons that barely move. The few that do are playing the game and will just as soon fly around then spend large amounts of dil to do it a little quicker.

Even upgrades are not a massive sink anymore.

There is no way around the real issue. IF cryptic wants to sink dil they have to do work >.< Selling new ships and the like isn't what I'm talking about. They need to add gear that people want to upgrade. They need to add reasons for people to roll new toons... that they might actually want to play. The KDF recruit was actually good as people where enticed to not only roll new toons but to actually play them and upgrade gear ect. The reruns as nice as they are do not sink old player dill as most people just get the new rewards on their old toons.

Gear wise Cryptic needs to add things people want to use on their old toons.

I don't think their really is any great on going sink. If they want to sink dil they are either going to have to create new fleet holdings, start adding event/mission even lobi gear that people want to use and isn't given to players in upgraded states. (speaking of which why are all Lockbox consoles now gold out of the box ? you want to sink dil start doing lockbox consoles blue again)

IMO timed sales in Phoenix could work.... making Phoenix always on was a massive mistake. People stockpiled upgrades just in case now their is no need. But they could do what they did with lobi to eat at the in game supply with weekend promos.

At the end of the day Cryptic is going to have to actually pay attention and tend the Farm. Their is no easy lets add a cost to X or Y and we are done fix.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Lets not go into flaming staff and focus on constructive brainstorming on the situation at hand. As someone has brought the request for ideas over to the forums, I or one of the other mods can bring it to Kael's attention, so that he can see what the forums suggest as well.
    Don't forget, he's just one guy having to keep an eye on multiple social media sources. We mods help lighten the load a bit over here for him, and get his attention to the forums when its needed.

Now... getting BACK on track...

coldnapalm's correct in that a forced "maintenance fee" style of sink will be universally hated. People will go out of their way to avoid it like the plague. ANY attempt to force people to pay for common things like the Tailor, Transwarp, or even just keeping your ship "supplied" or "fueled" will result in the biggest forum fire since Delta Rising. Not only that, it forces people to play JUST to be able to play in the case of the "fuel and supply" variation. The game stops being fun and becomes a job becuase you MUST maintain a certain level of DL income just to be able to play at all, or open your wallet. It will most likely have the OPPOSITE response. Closed wallets and people actually leaving the game rather than playing. It will also impart an artificial timer on gameplay as well due to the fact that you can only refine so much a day per character. It would basically be like FF14 1.0 where they actually punished you for playing too long. That was universally hated, but someone at Square Enix thought that it was a good idea at the time because spending hours on a game was bad for your health.

That got scrapped soooo fast when they rebuilt FF14. Hell... they literally ended the world to rebuild it.

So no. "Maintenance fee" style sinks are dead on suggestion.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2021
    westmetals wrote: »
    strathkin wrote: »
    strathkin wrote: »
    Well if they improved the chances of Epic tokens dropping a bit more, and slightly increased Ultra dropping as well.

Or if they changed how the exchange 10 tokens for another Reroll, perhaps identified the chances (and how they might alter your odds) for a Epic or Ultra token as well. Still it would if it's a bit or a lot more risky, yet is the reward there for the higher risk you taking. Even if you got a few (2) 2x Rare, or even a single (4x) Very rare you'd still be trading 4 (Very Rare) +2 (Rare) + 4(Uncommon) so your spend 7 tokens rather than 10; yet it doesn't identify any increased odds... ...maybe if they lowered the cost to 8-9 more may try it, yet would depending how valuable the Phoenix upgrades are to them as well.

I don't know many who use those reroll tokens, cause they don't identify even a slightly increased odds, still ...

Anyways it was nice to see people try to identify several options for them to consider.

All just different idea's for them (Cryptic) to perhaps talk about, discuss, maybe debate which they think might work. Depending how much of the 2-3 forums on the subject they read, and how carefully...

That was why I suggested a trade-up option. Currently we have the option of 10 greens for one full reroll... which can result in 1 of the green tokens, in which case you have a net loss of the equivalent of 9 green tokens. Or a blue, in which case you have a net loss of 8, or a purple, which might have some desirable items in the shop, but is still a net loss in value of the equivalent of 6 greens....

With a trade-up option you at least would be guaranteed of getting the higher level. Even if the trade-up cost was rather high. (Like maybe 6 tokens to get 1 of the next-higher level? That would mean you could trade in 36 purples for one epic, for example.)

I still don't know if they will reconsider it, one can only hope...

Note: I revised my post above, as I was hinting at what you suggested, cause 10 tokens for a standard chance nobody or almost nobody would do. Yet I think we'd be lucky to see it closer to 10-12:1 for upgrades, given today you spend 10 Uncommon just for a standard roll of the Dice. :o

"for a standard roll of the dice" that almost nobody - or shall we say nobody in their right mind - would touch because it's totally random, unless you score an Epic, you lose value, and everything other than Epic and UR usually drops within 10-15 boxes anyway so you probably already have it if you have 10 Uncommon.

That's not a basis for what the price for its replacement should be, that's an example of what it shouldn't be because it's too expensive and/or too random.

I thought we were looking for effective dilithium sink ideas... meaning ones people would actually use.

That's why I proposed a single-level trade-up (like the trade-down we already have): there is at least a guaranteed result. That said, the ratio needs to be high enough to make it painful, but not so high as to make a significant fraction of people avoid it.

I understand, I sometimes play (Devil's Advocate) saying 10:1 and (if less then good) I just think it needs balance, cause too low also be bad hurting the DZE we trying to help long term. Still even 9:1 or 7:1 it shows clearly they could still improve Epic drops by 2x to bring more comparable to Mudd's Market even with the Upgrade Tokens. And they should keep adding stuff to Phoenix (more balanced) with Mudd's.

They also count entice with a Little Engine That Could model, which also reduced Ultra Upgrades further down to 5 at Ultra, so people don't hoard them for Phoenix Upgrade Weekends.

Last day or so I've opened 1,250,000 DIL (approximately) worth of boxes. Now I thought I was extremely lucky as sometimes I spent closer to 2,000,000 or (far more 3-5m ) before getting 1 Epic &/or Ultra. What I've gotten so far is 1 Ultra, 28 Very Rare, 76 Rare, and 165 Uncommon.

Note: I assumed spending 1 million you might get 35+ Very Rare, spent 1.25m (approx.) and got 28.
    ╘ I'm not saying 'some' might do upward of 35, just the RNG god's weren't as good this time.

So if I spent 2.5 million, assuming the same...
    At 9:1 then I'd have 2 Ultra, 56 Very Rare, 152 Rare, & 330 Uncommon. I start upgrading my Very Rare first as most would do! I'd +5 Ultra tokens on top of the 2 already received, still having 6 Very Rare left over. Now onto the Rare, I'd have 15 more Very Rare and 2 Rare left over. I'd still however have 330 Uncommon to put into Phoenix Upgrades. So I get 1 Epic for 5 Ultra's and have 2 Ultra's left over.

At 7:1 for I'd have 2 Ultra, 56 Very Rare, 152 Rare, & 330 Uncommon as above. So again I start with 2 Ultra and start with Very Rare first. So instead of 5 Ultra I'd now have 8 +2 allowing 2 Epics, and no Very Rare or Ultra remaining. Would I upgrade some Rare to Very Rare or downgrade to expand the 330 Phoenix Upgrades would depending on what each character needed. Here I'd get 2 Epics, or 1 Epic and 5 Ultra's for 2.5m invested.

It's why Mudd appeals to most, as they only have to spend 1,867,500 to get a ship for all.
    ╘ and today we don't even have a 9:1 or 7:1 upgrade chance.
    ╘ even if they offered 9:1 or 7:1 they could 2x - (double) chance of Epic, or 2.5x for Ultras dropping.
    ╘ chances for Uncommon, Rare, or Very Rare; equally (reduced) to boost Epic/Ultra chances.

It's why I think they really need better to consider options like Expanding Fleet Tier 3 out to Tier 4, and encourage more donate to Fleet Projects &/or Buy Fleet Gear with DIL of 2,950 DIL, 10,500 DIL, 32,500 DIL.

Example:
    Expand the 5 Holdings 1 each year with just a little updates to Exterior or Interior of many of the older holdings. Perhaps they ignore the Fleet Starbase, yet just allow a Fleet Project to update or further improve Interior &/or Exterior to fund as well for DIL in time. Some maps wouldn't require a lot, as they already show the Reman Caverns from the Staging area we just can't go to it. So allow a turbolift from Romulan Fleet Embassy, only require a bridge and tunnel into the Concrete slab holding up the Embassy beside it, and maybe a few new items to unlock with Remans NPC's, or other Holdings.

Or still like the idea for my Ferengi Business Woman however... ...in the end what will they decide, who knows.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    edited July 2021
    Still I like expanding the Tier 3 Holdings out to Tier 4 that I first suggested, as there is 5 that could be remastered, with less effort to slightly update or revise as denoted above.

I also like very much your idea of selling the (Less Popular) Bridges for Faction Ships as DIL sink at Port; or on another note as you suggest adding T5 Mirror (Uncommon) as there 3-4 of Fed, KDF, and Rom. If they went to Phoenix which (many may not) spent for less consoles given they have 9 not 10, though perhaps Very Rare (x5) as an example. As most T5 Ultra Phoenix ships have 11 consoles.

That's why I thought up a twist to my Ferengi Business Woman see link below, as maybe without offering a new Skin (90% of effort saved) for Ships, she offers a Fleet Grade T5 (Refit) with reinforced Hull & Shields Modifiers, as well as Mastery I-IV, and 11 consoles. Yet worthy to use a Fleet Module to acquire it for a ship previously not upgradable; and then also be worthy of an Experimental on. Still my original vision for her was having her offer (similar yet different) gear from Fleet for GPL/DIL to appeal to those in Smaller or less Developed Fleets, or no Fleet. Here GPL would replace Fleet Credits, and most would not have (SET bonus like most Lobi items) similar to most Fleet gear doesn't SET bonus either. Yet maybe some items have a unique tailor unlocks, or something else as a perk. She also wouldn't honor Fleet Dilithium Discount, that extends to the DIL Store; yet maybe a new Event weekend every 3 months to reduce GPL & DIL cost. Maybe they'd also extend Visual Ship unlocks for Beams, Dual Heavy, Dual Cannons, or Cannons/Turrets separate per Character as GPL/DIL Unlocks from her? Or offer a limited few T5 (Retired) Lockbox/Lobi ships per character, also for GPL/DIL at a more appropriate per Character Price like former (Tier 1-4) Ships are today at Port.

All idea's focused around minimizing the time to introduce them, though maybe in time she could offer a T5 (Skin) update to those (Refit) Mirror ships. I only say that because maybe they've already done some of it, as many have suspected a coming Cardassian/Badlands update to conclude the Mirror Leeta story. Some suspect part of that will be included in the Fall Update, yet all we know is it focuses on Federation.

tumblr_ovpl9j3p001wuxoomo8_250.gifv

I'd welcome a craftable Omni-Beam with a new PROC; perhaps different from Missions or REPs. Or something similar for DHC (Non Standard) Energy types and adding a few Quad Cannons we don't have. There was a good thread several months earlier, as a crafting update is rumored to also come later this year, or possibly early next?

I think we're mostly in agreement, just vary a bit in approach. Have a good day, I always enjoy debating with you.

See when I saw a new Ferengi idea with variation on Fleet Holding for Drozana just that we all contribute toward as we purchase stuff for GPL/DIL, she'd slowly repair or fix up parts of Drozana on Page 2 or a link where it started shown as Page 10.

I thought it was a creative way to offer something different, with a new Event every now and then...
    0zxlclk.png
  • askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    The problem with many of these ideas - new holdings or player housing, new ships and items and upgrades - is that they will only drain dil for a while, until everyone has all the items and all the rest, and then we're back to the situation we're in now. And Cryptic can't keep expending dev resources creating new items and then selling them for currencies that can be obtained for free. What they need is something people will want enough to pay for, but doesn't last, so they need to keep buying it.

My suggestion: jury-rig upgrades. These will basically let you attach new mods to items over and above the normal ones, giving additional effects such as Crit and Damage, or even add weapon procs so you can add plasma burn to your phased polaron beams. You could apply these to any type of item, and you can add more than one, but they get progressively more expensive and eventually they stop working (maybe on a timer or use counter, maybe on a random trigger).

OK so initially this is going to cause some grotesque power creep and suspicions of P2W but you'd have to pay other players rather than Cryptic directly so I think eventually things would settle down at a sensible level.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Posted this in a previous thread, but I'll repeat it here:
    For ships that are not likely to ever get a T6 version, (say some of the KDF Birds of Prey) a fleet style T6 Light ship you buy per character for dil could work. Fleet T6 stats, Fleet style mastery, (so no T5 trait) and no new model. I for example would like a T6 Norgh/Ning'tao, but if that's not going to happen at all, a T6 Light would be a nice compromise. Granted this is not an endlessly repeatable sink.

As far as dil sinks you might do over and over again, things I can think of would be:
    Ship Slots
    Drydock Slots
    Lobi
    Energy Credits?

Lobi of course would need new ships added to the lobi store every now and then for that to work.
    edited July 2021
    That is what T5 Fleet Grade refers to, boost Hull & Shield modifier, Mastery I-IV, and 11 Consoles.

Anyways I'm off...
    0zxlclk.png
    edited July 2021
    Maybe create a new currency that's equals up into half the amount of Zen, let's call it Xen for now since I can't really come up with a name for it, you can still buy stuff from the Zen store with it but you'll have to convert more Dil and the conversion rate will also be halved, sorry but I gotta find way to keep players using this one so the real Zen/Dil exchange doesn't go back to square one.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User
    Suggestion: Here's a Dilithium sink that everyone will likely use and actually work. Bring back the Transwarp Coil requirement.

I would not mind a dilithium sink just not that one. Please no.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    The tough part is with finding a good viable sink for all, is that it has to be something pretty much the majority of the playerbase will want and embrace. There are plenty of fleets out there that haven't even finished all of what there is for the various holdings. Even if they added another holding or some extra levels. What could they possibly offer us that we don't already have that we will actually want? I can't think of anything that just wouldn't be stupidly pay to win, which is what I really wouldn't want to see.

I love the Ferengi idea but Cryptic/PWE has always very poorly implemented the Ferengi and the Trill in Star Trek Online. Latinum should have been the premium currency in my opinion and there should have been some sort of Black Market with premium items only obtainable from special Ferengi contacts. This idea, at least in my view, also touches on the wanted trading faction ideas from a long time ago. Using premium currency to bribe your way up the chain for the higher value contacts for better trading/smuggling missions with obviously higher degrees of difficulty and risk. This faction would be independent of the Federation and Klingon alliances, being able to visit all faction related stations for both factions and the sub-factions.

When it comes to pure fluff. There are very few things I can think of that i would actually like to see. The Future Imperfect CommBadges are one thing I would really like to have along with Admiral Picard's uniform from that episode as well. A Dilithium encrusted hull type... Sure. Why not, but I am grasping for straws at things I would want to part with Dilithium over.
    What I was thinking was mainly the cosmetics... allowing people to get crafted omnis (or wide-angle DHCs) that visually match the current non-standard weapons, like Spiral Wave Disruptors, Retrofit Phasers, etcetera, etcetera. Whether or not they have the proc, is a more minor issue. They could be statistically identical to the current craftable ones for their damage type.

I'm thinking this could be done by introducing new recipes into the R&D system, to also include new ingredients, which might be generated by salvaging another weapon of the desired type.

We can both agree that cosmetics are the one thing people would spend Dil on, personally I would like more tailor options, however dressing up one's own ship could work just as well, however I barely touch the R&D system outside of recruitment events.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Giving people value for their money is important. Simply robbing them with new taxes on things (especially things that were previously free) isn't going to sit well with anyone.

The longstanding issue with the dil store is that it has been totally neglected, and there is little of value there for most people, despite it supposed to be one of the primary places to spend dil in the game. That isn't going to be fixed with random taxes.

Giving people value for their money is important. Simply robbing them with new taxes on things (especially things that were previously free) isn't going to sit well with anyone.

The longstanding issue with the dil store is that it has been totally neglected, and there is little of value there for most people, despite it supposed to be one of the primary places to spend dil in the game. That isn't going to be fixed with random taxes.

yeah add things to the Dil Store that people would spend Dil on like Spiral Wave Pistols and Rifles.
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Like I said, a simple re-engineering option to change weapon class. You have to have the weapon but can spin the wheel for a cost to change for example beam array to something else. Making it random draws in more Dil for it.
    Players would spend a fortune fine tuning weapons to get their favourite weapons in different types for space barbie...imagine spiral wave omnis etc.
    edited July 2021
    Maybe create a new currency that's equals up into half the amount of Zen, let's call it Xen for now since I can't really come up with a name for it, you can still buy stuff from the Zen store with it but you'll have to convert more Dil and the conversion rate will also be halved, sorry but I gotta find way to keep players using this one so the real Zen/Dil exchange doesn't go back to square one.

The thing is that converting the dilithium is exactly what has driven the exchange rate as high as it is. In order to pull it back down, what we need to do is either reduce the supply of dilithium (wildly unpopular and nobody really wants to go there) or encourage people to spend it as dilithium rather than converting it.

As for the ships, @strathkin : I was very much envisioning the old T5 Mirrors as UR items, alongside the existing T5 Event ships.

Thanks, I assumed you meant Ultra. I only suggested x5 Very Rare as T5 Mirror (Uncommon) so not being Rare or Very Rare quality would only have 9 consoles not 11.

I did find the thread where it started discussing R&D and Crafting, from March 8th of this year!

R&D Endgame Impressions - Page 2 but go back and read both pages it's quite interesting. I started with Page 2 cause that's really where it gets Interesting, cause someone commented later on Page 1, "Al Rivera has said in the past that the three system he wanted to revamp were R&D, Reputations, and DOFFing, in that order." So I tried to put on my Designer Hat, and found some found 10-11 new R&D Materials/Compounds found in Trek Lore we don't have today in our Crafting system. Those could also make several new Components, which combine either for new Gear/Components.

Those of Very Rare or Greater / Ultra (Components require require Materials + Dilithium to craft.

This also include evolution old R&D materials combining them into new Synthetic Materials, and then to make better components making older R&D materials something people want to use up. It suggested a framework of various new craftable items, or changes to others... ...it could also add expand new crafting items unlockable in each school at 20, or even 22, slowly expanding crafting out to 25. This builds upon what we have today.

Note: Some want to craft new items (right away) at 20 &/or 22, a few pay DIL to rush the R&D schools. While the vast majority work at it slowly. It builds on Fleet Holdings, along with several already suggested.

Yet what might Cryptic choose to implement, or add there own twist to who knows? It certainly would work within our Framework however.

Yes I even mailed the CM (at the time) so he was aware of the thread, yet he operates under a cloak of invisibility; so does he mail threads or suggest reading of a few to Andre, Al Rivera, &/or the DEVs is anyone's guess. Though perhaps a few read them on their own, yet also use the Cloak method.

That's my shortest summary I could provide, read if you desire... <3
    0zxlclk.png
  • toadslayertoadslayer Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The three area where I think Dil sinks would be well received is, Transmog space weapon color. I don't know how to implement it for maximum dil sink but i don't think it matters since it is cosmetic. I don't know if it would be easier to implement a roulette wheel under the upgrade that costs dil or selling and upgrade of a color and weapon type like "Orange Pulse phases" that could be combined with terran task force disruptors deleting both and making an orange Pulse Phaser firing TTD.

My next thought is instead of giving the next Uniform for free have players buy them per alt for dil.

The last area I think could be used is consumables, while I don't know what consumable would be in demand, if you put out a poll i think you could get some good ideas for an underutilized area of the game.
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    Dilithium Sink Ideas.
    - Upgrade weekends are the most efficient. Run at least one a month.
    - Good Dil Sinks are all about the Space Barbie. Move some of the more obscure Outfits out of the Lobi Store and into the Dil store. Many of the costumes are things people want, but will never ever buy when they have to horde their Lobi for best in slot Consoles and gear, etc. Moving the lower priority Costumes and Outfits would become a huge Dil sink.
    - Same thing with some interesting flavors of Ground Gear and Weapons.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    CREATING YOUR OWN BRIDGE OFFICER SEATING AND SPECIALIZATION ON ANY / ALL THE SHIPS YOU OWN!

I would spend dilithium to fabricate my own BoFF setup on any ship I own. What I mean is, to be able to dictate which profession has any given bridge seat, and then on top of that, to set which of the specializations any given boff may have.

Realizing this type of modification would have strict rules to it; no one could create a bridge crew made up of all Tactical officers. We would have choices, almost the same way we can modify our space and ground weapons and equipment. BUT!! It would NOT be a random roll of the dice. We should be able to pick our desired choices, and then pay for the modification(s) in one transaction.

Of course, just as we can now boost our ships to T6-X, we should be given the always open ability to boost our crew up for even more dilithium cost.

I think this would be something that would never get old because the ability to change your boffs around certainly should have a major effect on how your ship performs after any modifications. People will want to tweak each one of their ships, no doubt.

I think the dil people would sink into a system like this would be astronomical; I think you all would agree as well.

=/\= L.L.A.P. my Trekkies! =/\=
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
This discussion has been closed.