test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle

Comments

• Options
    alidarjalidarj Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    How Disappointing, the only way to make this "bundle" or anything in the store worth spending real money on zen anymore would be to drop the price of zen 10% of its current cost.

Also, use your brains, the world is still in the middle of a Pandemic, in many countries their economies have tanked, and you want people to shell out $250 on something intangible that has no use outside of an individual video game?

save your money people, if you want to unload $250 that badly help a neighbor pay their rent, or utility bills, or help a struggling family buy food, heck, even play the lottery, instead of wasting it on this ridiculous insult.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    What would be great is if they had these in the Epic Phoenix vendor list to buy even at just character unlock so you get the trait across the account but ship for the character. I'd be happy with that because I've got a ton of epic tokens I'll never end up using without something to spend them on.
  • Options
    captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    The additional 500 Lobi being added to this kinda feels like salt in the wound. Interesting move, but still in no way warrants the price. If they think adding 500 Lobi to this while maintaining the price point is a great idea, I believe they're seriously mistaken, in my opinion. All this does is make me not want to purchase anything else in a game that I've enjoyed for over 11 years as it makes me seriously question them.
    alidarj wrote: »
    How Disappointing, the only way to make this "bundle" or anything in the store worth spending real money on zen anymore would be to drop the price of zen 10% of its current cost.

Also, use your brains, the world is still in the middle of a Pandemic, in many countries their economies have tanked, and you want people to shell out $250 on something intangible that has no use outside of an individual video game?

save your money people, if you want to unload $250 that badly help a neighbor pay their rent, or utility bills, or help a struggling family buy food, heck, even play the lottery, instead of wasting it on this ridiculous insult.

This. 100% This. You, my friend, have nailed this square on the head.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2021

Very well said.

As I mentioned in the other thread, in order for them to fix the problem with this bundle they need to not add more bloat, but to remove all the bloat (keys promo packs T6 coupons useless cross-faction unlock etc), and then to remove all that bloat cost from the bundle, reduce the bundle price to make it actually realistic/justifiable for potential buyers, and then of course to fix the mediocre ships to make them actually legendary and worth buying.

The hubris they have with this bundle is astonishing.

tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User

Very well said.

As I mentioned in the other thread, in order for them to fix the problem with this bundle they need to not add more bloat, but to remove all the bloat (keys promo packs T6 coupons useless cross-faction unlock etc), and then to remove all that bloat cost from the bundle, reduce the bundle price to make it actually realistic/justifiable for potential buyers, and then of course to fix the mediocre ships to make them actually legendary and worth buying.

The hubris they have with this bundle is astonishing.

That is my thoughts as well. I don't need or want the keys. I don't need or want the T6 Ship Tokens as well. If they are tradeable, then I guess I could always give them away. T6 seems obsolete compared to Legendary unless you are looking at the Legendary B'Rel. :P The Ultimate Tech Upgrades aren't bad but it doesn't matter to me one way or another if those are included or not. Ideally, I just want 2 of the 4 ships. I want the Ambassador and the Vor'cha now that it includes the Kamarag skin.
  • Options
    un1matr1xxun1matr1xx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yea right LMAOOO If I am EVER going to spend $200+ on a game, I will get some keys for boxes and exchange, dilithium for fleet holdings, reputation, and phoenix boxes (those tech upgrades!) ... I am sorry but 200 bucks (if not more) for some of the Bundles I've been seeing on STO are absolutely SICKENING. The entire Mudds Market is a joke! I can say alot more but I dont want to bore you with suggestions like fixing the game, adding more content or mechanics to the game, or improving already existing features. Nah, aint nobody got time for that, right?! LOL Anyways, no thanks to the bundle. Its trash.
  • Options
    shadow4fox3shadow4fox3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    We'll... My query is about the "R&D Promotional Ship Crafting Packs" are they the packs that gives a chance of the ship choice pack or are the ship choice pack? If they are the first one... Is the chance of getting ships higher or identical as when the promo for gaining them normally is on?
  • Options
    captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    We'll... My query is about the "R&D Promotional Ship Crafting Packs" are they the packs that gives a chance of the ship choice pack or are the ship choice pack? If they are the first one... Is the chance of getting ships higher or identical as when the promo for gaining them normally is on?

When in doubt, always assume that they're always the base line with no added benefit whatsoever. If they were promo packs, odds would probably be the same as the others.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • Options
    shadow4fox3shadow4fox3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    captan2er0 wrote: »

When in doubt, always assume that they're always the base line with no added benefit whatsoever. If they were promo packs, odds would probably be the same as the others.

I see. Cos if they are the ships or if the promo packs, if not the ships have a higher chance of giving the ships, then the bundle might just be worth the zen for me... when it is on sale that is.
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited February 2021

I see. Cos if they are the ships or if the promo packs, if not the ships have a higher chance of giving the ships, then the bundle might just be worth the zen for me... when it is on sale that is.

It's just regular promo packs. There is no increased chance of winning. So you can expect to not get any ships out of those 11 keys and 11 promo packs. Honestly this bundle is one of the worst bundles in the history of the game. It's just a horrible value with added filler no one wants but are forced to absorb the cost of, and mediocre ships that don't live up to the legendary name.

It seems like they don't really want people to buy it.

It's that bad.
    Post edited by megacharge07 on
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User

It's just regular promo packs. There is no increased chance of winning. So you can expect to not get any ships out of those 11 keys and 11 promo packs. Honestly this bundle is one of the worst bundles in the history of the game. It's just a horrible value with added TRIBBLE no one wants but are forced to absorb the cost of, and mediocre ships that don't live up to the legendary name.

It seems like they don't really want people to buy it.

It's that bad.

I'll just say it and being this can't be a coincidence that the sale of this outrageous priced pack runs up until the date that Paramount Plus launches. I assume there is going to be some major announcement that will coincide with how they are establishing their brand being one company once again. So this game will probably still exist but there won't be anymore development for it. So it makes sense why they aren't going down on the price of the pack because its their last card in the deck to play. So they have to make as much as they can off of it because there is nothing after the fact.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    I'll just say it and being this can't be a coincidence that the sale of this outrageous priced pack runs up until the date that Paramount Plus launches. I assume there is going to be some major announcement that will coincide with how they are establishing their brand being one company once again. So this game will probably still exist but there won't be anymore development for it. So it makes sense why they aren't going down on the price of the pack because its their last card in the deck to play. So they have to make as much as they can off of it because there is nothing after the fact.

Can I have some of what you're smoking as I could use a good break from reality - which is what your post above is. This game isn't going into maintenance mode anytime soon (unlike their other MMO already IN maintenance mode: Champions Online.

If anything, Cryptic will probably have some promotional give away to 'celebrate' the launch of Paramount+; but with all the new Star Trek series on the horizon - ST: Prodigy, Strange New Worlds, Section 31 and ST: D <-- which is already in production of its 4th season, and ST: P starting its production of Season 2 in a week, Paramount isn't going to shutdown STO - nor is Cryptic putting this game in maintenance mode. :D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

Can I have some of what you're smoking as I could use a good break from reality - which is what your post above is. This game isn't going into maintenance mode anytime soon (unlike their other MMO already IN maintenance mode: Champions Online.

If anything, Cryptic will probably have some promotional give away to 'celebrate' the launch of Paramount+; but with all the new Star Trek series on the horizon - ST: Prodigy, Strange New Worlds, Section 31 and ST: D <-- which is already in production of its 4th season, and ST: P starting its production of Season 2 in a week, Paramount isn't going to shutdown STO - nor is Cryptic putting this game in maintenance mode. :D

I hadn't heard of that ST: Prodigy, I'll have to look that up.

I thought Paramount handled the Star Trek Intellectual Property (IP) movies & CBS handled the (IP) television series, but I'm guessing that all changed when the bigger fish gobbled-up the smaller fish?

There is however China's Perfect World Entertainment to consider too.
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    So improved raider flanking goes to 40%. Why don't you give the Legendary B'Rel improved raider flanking?
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    admiralodanadmiralodan Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    wow I am still shocked ... instead of trying to meet their players/customers half way. Somehow they keep making it worse.
    The Costs of Delta Rising Upgrades

My new sig till Cryptic fixes it....
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    wow I am still shocked ... instead of trying to meet their players/customers half way. Somehow they keep making it worse.

Pretty much! They seem set on the price, which is the real problem with it. Even if they halved the bundle into two bundles at half the price each. Then everyone would still have the choice to buy both, if they wanted to.
  • Options
    un1matr1xxun1matr1xx Member Posts: 2 New User
    Point blank... Anything more than $100.00 its just not worth it to me. They will have to throw a bunch more stuff into that Bundle to make it worth purchasing.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User

I thought Paramount handled the Star Trek Intellectual Property (IP) movies & CBS handled the (IP) television series, but I'm guessing that all changed when the bigger fish gobbled-up the smaller fish?

CBS owns and handles everything Star Trek now (The film rights reverted after the 3rd JJ Film which is how we got the Kelvin uniforms - ancillary characters and ships in the game). As I understand it, Paramount still has a film option for a 4th film that they can exercise if they want - but after a couple of aborted 4th JJ film pre-production starts, they still haven't done that.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I have to say, the presence of the legendary Excelsior in this bundle makes a lot of sense. I think for a lot of players the make-or-break decision is what the fourth ship will be; I suspect if it's anything other than a legendary Nova a lot of players are going to be very upset.
  • Options

CBS owns and handles everything Star Trek now (The film rights reverted after the 3rd JJ Film which is how we got the Kelvin uniforms - ancillary characters and ships in the game). As I understand it, Paramount still has a film option for a 4th film that they can exercise if they want - but after a couple of aborted 4th JJ film pre-production starts, they still haven't done that.

Ah, good to learn, & thanks. Last I had heard anything about a movie was the possible Tarantino version.
  • Options
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    So improved raider flanking goes to 40%. Why don't you give the Legendary B'Rel improved raider flanking?

That was 1 of the things I found interesting. Cryptic directly improved the Excelsior but didn't do so for the B'rel. Instead Cryptic boosted components that accompany this B'rel & will boost any other ship that has these components therefore too. At this point I'm not sure if this B'rel is getting the Improved Raider Flanking or just regular Raider Flanking. Cryptic seems to be almost going out of their way not to make it "legendary" except by title. My brain has sort of glossed over now too since I think Cryptic is just tossing bandaides at it & not very interested in it anymore.

I watched a YouTube video earlier today & 1 of the comments put it in perspective for me: Cryptic charged 19500 zen ($195) opening sale price of -35% discount from 30000 zen ($300) for the 10th Anniversary Legendary Bundle of (10 Legend) ships, & now Cryptic is charging 18750 zen ($187.50) opening sale of only -25% discount from 25000 zen ($250) for this 2021 "Legendary" Bundle of (4 "Legend" & 2 regular) ships. This is just the plain & simple math. It doesn't include the fluff pieces which do add various amounts of value.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I have to say, the presence of the legendary Excelsior in this bundle makes a lot of sense. I think for a lot of players the make-or-break decision is what the fourth ship will be; I suspect if it's anything other than a legendary Nova a lot of players are going to be very upset.

:D

I thought it had been "accidently" leaked what the last ship will be a couple of weeks ago. No spoilers, but I hope players don't get too upset. :-)
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

I thought it had been "accidently" leaked what the last ship will be a couple of weeks ago. No spoilers, but I hope players don't get too upset. :-)

Yeah they did, however, given that it isn't official yet, it is entirely possible they swapped it with something else and will surprise us with that. Not likely.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User

Yeah they did, however, given that it isn't official yet, it is entirely possible they swapped it with something else and will surprise us with that. Not likely.

Yes! This is what... You know?
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    As has been previously stated throughout this thread... this bundle has been a missed opportunity of disappointingly large proportions.

When the 10th-anniversary bundle was announced, I started farming dilithium any way I could, playing the Dilithium Exchange, etc., just to scrounge up enough resources to get it. It was that enticing on paper, and a year later, I still haven't regretted it. (I've also enjoyed the Mirror bundle, also featuring a much better cost-benefit ratio than the other legendaries we've seen.)

If this year's bundle had followed the precedent established by its predecessor, simply swapping out the old bundle's ships for new ones... I would have been genuinely sorry that I hadn't been stockpiling Zen, and that I had no chance of replicating last year's accomplishment even if I tried. As it stands, I'm a little miffed about not being able to get pilot maneuvers on a B'rel - but I'll get over it.

It can't be argued that there aren't enough ships to allow another 10-ship bundle. The KDF alone has 10 ships that could be considered comparable to last year's ships. Starfleet has at least half a dozen others, two of which have ended up in this bundle already. The Romulans or the Jem'Hadar... heck, you could even make a case for the Cardassians having a couple of worthy contenders!

When I was discussing the matter ingame, I was able to put together a KDF-only legendary roster in 30 minutes. (Heck, there were even more suggestions than were needed to round out a 10-ship bundle!) I'm pretty sure Cryptic has had plenty more time to come up with it:
    1. B'rel (D5 skin, analogous to the Defiant) - The iconic Bird of Prey. Even Cryptic understood its relevance. Pilot ship.
    2. Vor'cha (unknown skin, analogous to the Intrepid) - The second most common Klingon ship on TV. Command ship, since Cryptic already picked that. (Previous precedent would have put it as a Temporal Operative ship; see below.)
    3. TOS D7/K'tinga (Kronos One skin, analogous to the Connie) - The first Klingon ship ever, previously used as a direct counterpart to the Connie. Miracle Worker ship.
    4. DSC D7 (unknown skin, analogous to the Donnie) - L'Rell's flagship, both in the series and the new FEs. Previously used as a direct counterpart to the Donnie. Temporal ship.
    5. D4X (unknown skin, analogous to the Konnie) - The only Kelvin Klingon ship I know of. Previously used as a direct counterpart to the Konnie. Intel ship? I really want it to be a Pilot ship because of pilot maneuvers, but that's just my fondness for pilot maneuvers talking, and the historical pattern is to change the specialization of specialization ships.
    6. Sarcophagus (unknown skin, analogous to the Crossfield) - T'Kuvma's flagship, considered in-universe to be one of the most iconic Klingon ships. Previously used as a direct counterpart to the Crossfield. Command ship, because there is precedent for non-specialization ships gaining the specialization matching their predecessor's primary specialization seating. Alternatively, Miracle Worker ship for variety.
    7. Negh'var (unknown skin, analogous to the Galaxy) - The flagship of the Klingon Empire in two realities, and successor to the Vor'cha. Previously used as a direct counterpart to the T6 Galaxy. Command ship.
    8. Bortasqu' (unknown skin, analogous to the Odyssey) - The current flagship of the Klingon Empire. Designed specifically as a direct counterpart to the Odyssey. Command ship.
    9. M'Chla (unknown skin, analogous to the NX) - The most prominent Klingon ship in Discovery, as far as I can remember (aside from the Sarcophagus itself). Fits in nicely with the current focus on House Mo'kai, but could probably be replaced by giving Raptors some love or picking one of the other Discovery ships. I dunno. Temporal Operative ship? As with the D4X, I really want to say it's a Pilot ship, but...
    10. Qugh (unknown skin, analogous to the Sovereign) - J'Ula's now-destroyed flagship. As with the M'Chla, I'm grasping at straws a little, just to stick to the notion of 10 legendary Klingon ships. Realistically, both the M'Chla and Qugh are already basically on par with legendary ships... This one would probably be a Command ship, though there is also justification for Temporal Operative or Intel.

A bundle like that would have easily made me regret my inability to buy it, and it would have been much more in line with the stated intention of making this the "Year of Klingon". Objectively, a more enticing option would probably have been to ditch the M'Chla and Qugh in favor of the current bundle's Excelsior and Ambassador variants (or maybe mix in some science ships, like a legendary Nova...? :tongue:), but the objective of the exercise that spawned that ship list was specifically to make a Klingon bundle.

Another viable alternative would have been to seriously reevaluate the pricing, instead of padding the bundle with useless garbage. This would probably also have been healthier for the Dilithium Exchange, considering it's in pretty bad shape compared to last year.

As it stands, I've seen very little, if any, enthusiasm for the new bundle, both from myself and my younger brother, and from the community at large.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    admiralodanadmiralodan Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    What I am still utterly confused by is if you read twitter or reddit they are still on this kick about how this is a small very vocal minority that is displeased by this and we think that the majority of players will love it...

I know Kael can't make these decisions on "their" own but serious I'm hoping that Cryptic Leadership isn't this dense
    The Costs of Delta Rising Upgrades

My new sig till Cryptic fixes it....
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    honestly, I want the ambassador class, but this price for four ships, shows me how out of touch @ambassadorkael#6946 and the rest of the STO development team is. if there where 4 more ships in the pack? totally worth it.

Im really struggling to figure out how they wanna justify this pack as over 250 dollars.
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    Remove all the chaff, leave only the ships, slash the price in half, and we can start negotiating.
  • Options
    setalia#9914 setalia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Using the sale price of around 18700 zen, you get 6 ships (4 ships plus 2 T6 tokens), a cross-faction ship unlock, 500 lobi, and various other items. Since 6 T6 ships in the C-store alone cost 18000, I see this as a good deal.
    Love&Peace
    Seta