test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle

14567810»

Comments

• thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    ikonn#1068 wrote: »
    yay they've tweeked a couple of things on the ships... however that is not by far the problem at all. The issue is the fluff in the ship pack and the lack of value for 250 dollars... which this pack is no where near providing.

I apologize if this comes across as negative that isn't my intent. My frustration with this and continues to be that we've been providing feedback on Twitter, Reddit and these forums and they've stubbornly clung to making these tiny adjustments to try and placate everyone instead of owning the fact that this Legendary Pack feels like a Legendary Rip Off...

Don't worry about being negative. There are enough corporate kissbutts on these forums to drown out your opinion.

This is the best Legendary Pack ever and the people love it!

Isn't that the truth!
    There's a bunch of people like that here; sellouts.
    They didn't get mouths like that from eating Cheerios! @o@'
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    spielman1 wrote: »
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Swell, I just spent a fortune in upgrade modules for my fleet Kamarag and NOW you introduce the T6 Vorcha with the universal Lt. Commander I need for a science station ?

For dollars the company doesnt deserve aas of yet they havnt fixed a darn thing in the game that players have rpeorted

I suggest you actually read the patch notes as well as make note of the stealth fixes that have been done which are mentioned on their official Twitter account. They have fixed things in the game that players have reported. Not always what you or I might want them to fix or in the amount of time we have wanted it fixed by but they have fixed stuff. So what you are saying is not true.

As for the bundle, I am not going to grind for it.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Swell, I just spent a fortune in upgrade modules for my fleet Kamarag and NOW you introduce the T6 Vorcha with the universal Lt. Commander I need for a science station ?

For dollars the company doesnt deserve aas of yet they havnt fixed a darn thing in the game that players have rpeorted

I suggest you actually read the patch notes as well as make note of the stealth fixes that have been done which are mentioned on their official Twitter account. They have fixed things in the game that players have reported. Not always what you or I might want them to fix or in the amount of time we have wanted it fixed by but they have fixed stuff. So what you are saying is not true.

It's actually incredibly true, sadly.
    And what's worse, most of (if not all) the older bugs will stay *exactly* where they are because they're so old there's no interest in fixing them now - even assuming they still have the people that worked on the original code OR the documentation needed to do what needs to be done.
    "I suggest you actually read the patch notes"... which ones? ALL of them? Or just the ones that does a TRIBBLE poor job at actually communicating what they are fixing (and why)? Then again, that would mean the majority of them because, as usual, their communication skills are questionable, at best.
    As for the "stealth fixes" announced on Twitter, sorry buddy: if they're announced, then they're not "stealth fixes"; and why the hell are they announcing them via Twitter, instead of adding them to the *actual* Patch Notes?

Keep your head under the sand all you want, but don't go around calling people liars just because you don't want to see what's right in front of you.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • kestrel5kestrel5 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I cannot see spending 200 plus US dollars to pilot USS Excelsior. If and when Cryptic decides to sell that ship separately, they can have my money.

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,788 Arc User
    kestrel5 wrote: »
    I cannot see spending 200 plus US dollars to pilot USS Excelsior. If and when Cryptic decides to sell that ship separately, they can have my money.

Would you buy it for $60 if they sold the ship separately?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    sthe91 wrote: »

It's actually incredibly true, sadly.
    And what's worse, most of (if not all) the older bugs will stay *exactly* where they are because they're so old there's no interest in fixing them now - even assuming they still have the people that worked on the original code OR the documentation needed to do what needs to be done.
    "I suggest you actually read the patch notes"... which ones? ALL of them? Or just the ones that does a TRIBBLE poor job at actually communicating what they are fixing (and why)? Then again, that would mean the majority of them because, as usual, their communication skills are questionable, at best.
    As for the "stealth fixes" announced on Twitter, sorry buddy: if they're announced, then they're not "stealth fixes"; and why the hell are they announcing them via Twitter, instead of adding them to the *actual* Patch Notes?

Keep your head under the sand all you want, but don't go around calling people liars just because you don't want to see what's right in front of you.

It is not true. The older bugs remain because of priorities, level of the fix, etc. and if it is not considered a priority then it is considered less important and does not get fixed right away. I don't think they have any of the people who worked on the original code and the ones who did, did not leave the documentation needed to fix things in a proper way.

Which ones? The majority of them show that bugs are fixed, sometimes re-fixed, and in unfortunate circumstances the fix sadly did not work and it still needs to be fixed but there are not too many of those. As for language, I wish the patch notes at times were clearer sometimes and less dev speak. If they are announced on Twitter and not in the patch notes, they belong to the stealth fixes category as well as those which we do not know of since they were not put in the patch notes. I wish they would add them to the actual patch notes and not just post them on Twitter, Reddit, etc.

I do not have my head under the sand, I did not go around calling people liars. I said what they were saying was not true. I do see what is right in front of me. Let us agree to disagree on this. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • andrew3002andrew3002 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    It's time to talk...Legendary. Coming on February 18th, the 2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle includes four of the most iconic ships in Star Trek history, two from the Federation, two from the Klingon Empire, 2 T6 ships, a Worf Bridge Officer, and more.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483463

Not a chance am i shelling out £160.00 just for one ship, these need to be broken down and be individually purchasable. I don't mind spending £50/60 on a ship, however, I do mind been ripped off.
  • bocianek#7333 bocianek Member Posts: 1 New User
    I was looking forward to a pilot B'Rel with 5 in front. I guess I'll just be content with the T6 I have. Now if you make the Vor'Cha a miracle worker like the Excelsior, I'll reconsider. If you make a Legendary D7, take my money please!!!!!
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I was looking forward to a pilot B'Rel with 5 in front. I guess I'll just be content with the T6 I have. Now if you make the Vor'Cha a miracle worker like the Excelsior, I'll reconsider. If you make a Legendary D7, take my money please!!!!!

Well Cryptic already released that (4) ship of (2) Fed & (2) KDF "legendary" bundle including a B'rel & Vor'cha:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483463 So take it as you want but unfortunately it's all (4) ships or nothing plus all the fluff.

Haven't you been keeping-up on Cryptic's recent sales? Here's your Legendary D7 option:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11485963-the-legendary-kdf-captain-bundle

At these prices you're suppose to have a "whale" of a time.