What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Not sure if this could be something that is possible or maybe even already exists. I spend very little time on Twitter but our Discord server has news coming from different sources, mostly Twitter, that make it easy to keep track of without having to have or sit on social media. Then maybe we could get back to the days where players can submit questions, mostly ignored, to see if the dev team wouldn't mind answering them in a polite and respectful way to the community. Since STO dumped their cross-game chat a while back, most of the people I game with in STO all communicate through Discord for STO and other games.

To be fair, the dev team is often gets flamed when they do respond to the community, both when they show up in the game or on the forums.

People always say this and they're always wrong.

The flaming comes with silence, Kael has been slightly more active lately and people are being courteous in reply even when they don't like the news.

The vast majority are polite to the Cryptic staff when they reply, always have been. We get angry out of frustration from prolonged silence. Sure, there will always be a few who respond with hostility, but they have been and always will be the vast minority.

We didn't even get a patch notes thread for today's patch...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1259961/feb-4th-patch-notes-pc

I posted this at 10:29am my time you posted your: "We didn't even get a patch notes thread for today's patch..." 8:23pm my time. It's not difficult to find if you look. lol What you need an "official" posting to read, my copy & paste not good enough for you?

I looked in the Official Release Notes area. It wasn't there. Isn't it Kael's job to post that info? I am not combing through the forums to find something someone else was nice enough to post because the Community Manager can't do his job.

Well you took a few seconds to a minute to look-up the patch notes in these forums initially, but I guess a few more seconds to check a 2nd place was out of your reach. I tried to create my post's title to convey what it covered easily as possible. Perhaps you could contact them to personally email you the patch notes each time for the future.

All my sarcasm aside, I have to agree with you since they have a specific spot for patch notes "release notes" they should use it & I didn't post my copy & paste job of the notes till I checked the official spot & it was lacking.
  • admiralodanadmiralodan Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I have noticed the almost deafening silence from them since the general panning we all gave this on the 31st. Hopefully and I am willing to assume positive intent that Kael brought these concerns back to the powers that be and they are trying to decide what to do...
    The Costs of Delta Rising Upgrades

My new sig till Cryptic fixes it....
    I have noticed the almost deafening silence from them since the general panning we all gave this on the 31st. Hopefully and I am willing to assume positive intent that Kael brought these concerns back to the powers that be and they are trying to decide what to do...

I'm hoping your assessment is correct about Cryptic's potential consideration/reconsidering. I'm just not sure anymore at times.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User

I believe that its the best Legendary Pack ever and the players love it!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I wish there was a discount for the bundle if you have already unlocked the 'The Ability to Fly Ships of Any Faction, Unlocked Across Your Entire Account'.

Between those who have level 65 KDF characters (only one of mine is around the 30s, but I've been concentrating on the Klingon Recruits), and those who have reached level 65 with their Klingon Recruits since the start of the event (I have one on the cusp, but withheld intentionally and another that I stopped at 64, and a couple on their way), chances are many people have unlocked the ships even before the announcement of this bundle.

I doubt that they'll discount a previously bought Gre'thor Targ, either way.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    davideight wrote: »
    <snip>...CF flying...</snip>

CF?

Is this what you mean? Check THIS CF out:

STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    I'd bet they're just waiting to see how many ppl buy it; this is a test of "how low can you go" and still rake in a small fortune from my fellow whales.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    reyan01 wrote: »
    thetanine wrote: »
    I'd bet they're just waiting to see how many ppl buy it; this is a test of "how low can you go" and still rake in a small fortune from my fellow whales.

It'll most likely sell well. Credit where credit is due, they ARE playing their cards right with this; not only is the bundle itself on sale on release, they'll almost definitely tie a Zen Charge Bonus sale into the mix too.

That combo alone will probably tempt a few people who had resolved not to buy it.

First, I'd like to say that you're an asset to the game / forums Reyan. I hope for your sake they add a legendary Nova class / Rhode Island starships. I have liked both of those ships from my first sight each. I call them "my little Enterprises" because of how the nacelle pylons are swept back. It's just badass!
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    The third "legendary 2021" ship's stats have been added, the Vor'cha Command Support Cruiser

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483933

Impressive visuals list

Stats overall seem well enough

Could be a good starship trait but no numbers given besides stacks up to (10) so ???

WTH is up with the diminished turn rate though lol this is suppose to be "legendary" where it has less turn rate compared to, I think, all other Vor'chas in-game ???

• finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Come on, 6.5 turn rate?

Every other version of the Vor'cha has 10.
    Negh'Var has 9.
    Mogh/Kurak has 9.
    QIb has 11.
    QeHpu' has 11.

At least last year's ships were really good. This year, we get 4 ships for the price of 10, including two Klingon ships that are no better, or even worse, than existing ones.
    thetanine wrote: »

It'll most likely sell well. Credit where credit is due, they ARE playing their cards right with this; not only is the bundle itself on sale on release, they'll almost definitely tie a Zen Charge Bonus sale into the mix too.

That combo alone will probably tempt a few people who had resolved not to buy it.

Valentines Zen Charge Sale.
    I'm thinking Legendary Ambassador's going to be a Temporal ship.

Could be wrong, but chances are... Enterprise-C.
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    I'd be a little more interested this if, say, the Bird-of-Prey wasn't just B'Rel variants. There's a ton of Bird-of-Prey variants that were available for tiers 1-4, why not actually try and reintroduce those with this? Yeah, I know they're technically different ship models across the different tiers, but still. There were some unique models that they did for the C-Store variants that would make the Bird-of-Prey a really unique ship if we were able to kitbash across all of those skin types.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Come on, 6.5 turn rate?

Every other version of the Vor'cha has 10.
    Negh'Var has 9.
    Mogh/Kurak has 9.
    QIb has 11.
    QeHpu' has 11.

At least last year's ships were really good. This year, we get 4 ships for the price of 10, including two Klingon ships that are no better, or even worse, than existing ones.

Given the constant lack of accuracy on media releases, I have to assume that 6.5 is a mistake. All other Vor’Cha variants of all tiers have a 10 Turn Rate, there is no reason why the Legendary would have a 6.5. I am assuming that is an error in the announcement and that it actually has a 10 Turn Rate like the other variants.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Well Legendary Vor'cha isn't selling this bundle to me. I hope the turn rate is a typo the 5/3 loadout is nice but losing Temporal Seating is a turn off. Nothing about this bundle so far says to me I want it/need it or must buy it.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
    Bye Bye Cryptic this was enough to make me not even want to finish the klingon recruitment much less even bother to play your campaign event. I'll just go back to where I went after the DR failure at least they aren't doing this to their customers there.
  • shadowmane20001shadowmane20001 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I was expecting this KDF pack to have the t6 B'rel, TOS D7, DIS D7, kelvin D7, Vorcha, Negh'var, Bortas. At the very least as legendary ships. Instead you throw out 4 ships, 2 kdf, two fed, and 2 t6 ship tokens. And you want it for 250, 187.50? Sorry, despite the fact the last ship will be the ambassador. All four ships I want? No I wouldn't buy this pack that. Maybe if the PAck goes on sale on a black friday where it is say 35% off, or more.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Assuming the 6.5 turn rate is a bad copy/paste or similar mishap, the stats for the Vor'Cha look okay for a Legendary ship. The starship trait looks promising as well. I'm still not happy about the pathetic number of ships in this pack.

All the assets already exist in the game to do a Legendary D7, and there really should be a Legendary Bortas in there as well. I mean the assets already exist in game to the point where they could just reskin the Legendary Odyssey, give it all the Bortas consoles, tweak stats as necessary and done. Surely it's not that hard or labor intensive to similarly tweak the stats of one of the existing D7 lock box ships to create a "legendary" version. Particularly considering how lackluster some of these "legendary" ships have been.

The extras in this pack are more appealing than the level boosts in the Romulan and Disco legendary packs, particularly for someone who already has at least one character of every possible starting faction at level 65, but this is really disappointing. Especially when compared with the 10th anniversary Legendary bundle. I'm not expecting 10 ships after the nightmare that was 2020, but 4 ships with only 50% of them being Klingon just sad.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    Maybe.

As of right now though, it looks like my Zen wont be going on this pack. Too expensive, for too little in return. The B'rel is gimped with no 5 fore weapons, it doesn't interest me (or most others from what I've been reading on Reddit, Twitter and here) in it's current form, and I couldn't care less about the Vorcha or the other 2 Fed ships in the pack, there is no appeal with those other 3 ships at all.

For me personally and from what I understand from several others the B'rel is the real driver of this pack with the other 3 ships not being of much interest. This already hurts the pack out of the gates, as having the B'rel set up in a lesser way than was highly anticipated is a major stumbling block. Add on the fat that no one wants (promo packs, keys etc, and to some the other 3 ships) and the price that does not compute and it has become a bit of a disaster.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • wolva10wolva10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    and cryptic fire back at everyone with a massive fook yu.....welp guess i can spend my money on PSO2 phashion yay =) Cause cryptic ain't getting squat from me now.
  • karr2k3karr2k3 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    So it does have a new skin. At least a good thing that proves me wrong in that regard.

Though, I wonder what the PR department was thinking by NOT showcasing it and instead showing the TOS movies/DS9 skin, even in the blog introducing the stats as the new model is first shown in the second-to-last pic of the blog and it's named "Legendary Excelsior Miracle Worker Heavy Cruiser" instead of "Legendary Repulse Miracle Worker Heavy Cruiser".

Also:
    241a2da3ab2a85c78515c1f81933f6b71611790886.png
    I'm pretty sure "Sao Paulo" and "NX" aren't supposed to be the correct class names here.

The NX variant is the original Excelsior design for the NX-2000 before it came out of prototype for Undiscovered Country as the NCC-2000. the skin variant for the supposed Sao Paulo class is actually the skin for the Ent-B in Generations the refit Excelsior class.
    Well it looks like I was wrong... I guess they are looking for a lack of sales and a BBQ.

• captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    Well it looks like I was wrong... I guess they are looking for a lack of sales and a BBQ.

I actually strongly suspect it'll sell rather well. I mean, its on sale on introduction and there'll be a Zen Charge Bonus sale atop that.

Besides - you really think that, even if it WAS a flop, they'd actually admit it?

This rings of "Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it!" lol

All joking aside, yeah. To have me remotely considering this, it would have to be priced according to the bar set by last year's pack with the discount those were always sold at bring those to around $20USD a pop. I'd honestly be fine with the ships clocking in at $25-30USD with the total pack being around $110-120 on discount before charge bonus and with all the other garb removed. Not what they're trying to pitch it as right now. Right now is just way over-priced for what it is and also shoots people in the foot that already have a lot of the stuff in it.

Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
    I'll be honest if this came in at around 100 to 120 I'd probably think about it... but for 250 to 200 that's madness.

I'll be honest if this came in at around 100 to 120 I'd probably think about it... but for 250 to 200 that's madness.

I personally think that around that $120ish would've been a good selling spot even enticing anyone not favoring 1/2 the ships offered. As it is now with such a huge price tag & subjectively little offered it is far easier not to even consider the purchase.

We still haven't been told what Holo-Worf's traits will be. Then there's (2) other "exclusives" of a costume & title.

The 11 Keys & 11 Promos I consider at their smallest possible value since the odds are in not winning anything substantial.

I think it's a bad indicator that Cryptic is supplementing a "legendary" bundle with regular starship coupons though those do have value.

The cross-faction command any ship is just for word-space & has little or nothing to do with the bundle since most players will already have it unlocked.

The store-buyable combat-targ that Cryptic jacked-up the price for some unstated reason.

The 17 various upgrades & 6 ship slots do add some value.
  • taishojojotaishojojo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    There isnt much I can add to the existing 6 pages of "WTF!!"

I can only hope that theres a legendary KDF bundle in the works; similar to the Romulan one. One featuring the D7.

In a recent stream, Kael mentioned shortening the lead time between announcement/release.... seriously... theres 6 pages of pure "WTF!!".

As someone who owns a ton of ships and has purchased previous legendary packs. not buying this one.
    I own the Excelsior and its iterations, own the Vor'cha and its iterations... I dont care about the Ambassador or the B'Rel.
    I have T6 coupons I bought when they first came out.

I hoping there's a new player out there that doesnt have any of this, for whom this bundle is a must-have, and is just quiet.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I'm still firmly in the camp of "I was going to buy this bundle until it turned out to be so padded with filler that now even the ships don't appeal to me," but there's a part of me that's wondering.

We've seen some follow up questions about what the players do want. And judging by the streams I've seen, ship development takes some time, so I don't expect them to change the bundle mid-way. But I'm hoping against odds that there's another ship release in the works, coming very soon after this one that might help alleviate some of the frustrations.

Especially since they put that beautiful D7 in the new Leap of Faith episode, would be a shame not to make good use of it.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
    taishojojo wrote: »
    There isnt much I can add to the existing 6 pages of "WTF!!"

I can only hope that theres a legendary KDF bundle in the works; similar to the Romulan one. One featuring the D7.

In a recent stream, Kael mentioned shortening the lead time between announcement/release.... seriously... theres 6 pages of pure "WTF!!".

As someone who owns a ton of ships and has purchased previous legendary packs. not buying this one.
    I own the Excelsior and its iterations, own the Vor'cha and its iterations... I dont care about the Ambassador or the B'Rel.
    I have T6 coupons I bought when they first came out.

I hoping there's a new player out there that doesnt have any of this, for whom this bundle is a must-have, and is just quiet.

This is what in STO is called Well Received :) Pretty much a decade of dealing with Cryptic there are specifics you have to expect. If you have the resources to buy a wanted ship they will not ever make it. However if they do make it will be put behind a huge paywall. Now they have a new power up where they make what you want, don't make what you want it to be like, and then put it behind a paywall.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User

Especially since they put that beautiful D7 in the new Leap of Faith episode, would be a shame not to make good use of it.

Well, whilst it may well appear as a Legendary ship at a later date, that model is already in-game - but it is a Promo box ship.

I know, but with how rarely Promo happens and the low gamble drop rates, it may as well not exist at all. Especially for those of us with a family history of gambling addiction.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!