What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle

Comments

• Options
    captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > Usually, even in these unusual times, if Cryptic's Ten Forward Weekly livestream on Twitch is scheduled the few days before a ship, expansion, pack, or bundle release they show-off the goods while discussing them sometimes including insights about what you asked. That's one of the reasons I enjoy their 10FW livestreams.
    >
    > These official forums, by my observation & speculation, seem to be leaning a bit more negatively about this "legendary" bundle whereas I have no idea how any of the third party social media sites are greeting this bundle. Heck, the crowds on those sites could be requesting pre-orders. lol

The Twitter reaction, at least from the few threads I've been in, have echoed a lot of what's been said here, but not quite as negative or slamming. Still has that negative vibe, at least to me, just not as strong as here. Then again, only so much you can express with character limits but still. No clue what the others are like though.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • Options
    calford24calford24 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    ...I have no idea how any of the third party social media sites are greeting this bundle. Heck, the crowds on those sites could be requesting pre-orders.
    Well, Twitter response is similar to what's in here.

Reddit responses are not any better.

I bought the first Anniversary Legendary bundle the very second I could. I thought and still think it was totally worth it - Access to all those ships (alternate Lock Box and Promo ships), the various consoles for each variation of the ships and the traits....This however, is insulting.

I do not think it was unreasonable at all to think this year's big bundle would be heavier with Klingon ships and would include at least one or two alternative lockbox/promo ships like the Disco D7 or another ship not available in the C-Store.

• Options
    caramba3caramba3 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I Like the bundle but some in the list like for cross faction ships already have it. But I find the price for the pack too high.
    Playing this game hardcore for almost 10 years now. Don't I get an discount for 90% of for al those years playing.

friendly greetings.
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    calford24 wrote: »
    I bought the first Anniversary Legendary bundle the very second I could. I thought and still think it was totally worth it - Access to all those ships (alternate Lock Box and Promo ships), the various consoles for each variation of the ships and the traits....This however, is insulting.

I second this. I actually made it a point to get the first one because of what was available in it - the original and Disco Connies primarily, but also the complete consoles for the Sovereign (instead of waiting for a Mudd sale for the Vizier, the only part I was missing), and the account-wide Crossfield (I already had it from a lockbox), among other things. I got the first pack (standard only, but still) on discount, and I feel that it was worth the price tag. This is not. At most, the ships alone - if they do a "standard" pack with just those, as they did the first one - would be $100, maybe $120. The whole pack, maybe $150. $250 is insanity.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Im excited simply for the ambassador class, been flying one forever.
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Here's my take on it as honest and truthful as it will EVER be. There is no doubt that I love these ships probably even ones I haven't seen yet but when it all comes down to the cost. With DR and the decisions which have ultimately led to this point where the dilithium exchange rate is at the maximum even with the discount and the refining time out to the beginning of march I saw it was possible to get this pack but it would mean having to make sure every single character I have refines the maximum every single day just to have enough to purchase it. So sadly I will have to pass on this and its really bad that still during times like this pandemic when the resulted greed continues and yet the very content and way of doing business being that everyone is basically at home these days that even if you play 24/7 that its a mind blowing amount of resources. I figured if the people who make the decisions finally got a brain to think with that they would begin developing the very thing that keeps players engaged in the game but yet abandoned for years which is the sandbox effect. Which basically started at Battle Zones but yet no time invested on making them more fun to play just than for rewards like the voth one is being its the least pressing F of them all.

In reality along with that sandbox issue that very greed spoken of hasn't really been let go long enough to understand that they are making themselves lose potential profits in playing to their strengths and taking advantage of players being able to play more during this crisis we are all in. See we all know that these iconic or classic ships are the ones that will always sell the most and also make great other ships. Its just my opinion that the emphasis is placed more into this by locking things behind paywalls that most players don't play or quit just because for them it is unobtainable. As history with this game has shown and now more than ever there are limits on how much you can push players before they have to draw the line and never cross it. So based on how much money is made off paywalls I would bet anything that more money would just be made off selling new costumes of classic or iconic ships around the equivalent of 5-20 dollars a piece than a handful of players spending a house or car payment worth of money for a few ships that are really just marginally different. So I have really enjoyed this Klingon Recruitment and excited to get this new alliance ship which being that I have loved the b'rel especially the aspects of the Star Trek 6 Chang bop and that finally development has gone into that. Don't squander it with greed.
  • Options
    oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    You know you messed up when the Klingons LITERALLY have a legendary ship (the Sarcophagus) and the latest mission treats a specific D7 as a powerful relic of the past... and you don't add them to a legendary pack, even without new skins.
    Exactly! I wouldn't say better my friend!

• Options
    oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Let's go crypt still from the time to exchange these 2 useless coupons for a legendary D7 and a Legendary Sarcopagus, make this pack really Klingon! REMAIN KLINGON Qapla'
  • Options
    redshirt1981redshirt1981 Member Posts: 34 Arc User

Usually, even in these unusual times, if Cryptic's Ten Forward Weekly livestream on Twitch is scheduled the few days before a ship, expansion, pack, or bundle release they show-off the goods while discussing them sometimes including insights about what you asked. That's one of the reasons I enjoy their 10FW livestreams.

These official forums, by my observation & speculation, seem to be leaning a bit more negatively about this "legendary" bundle whereas I have no idea how any of the third party social media sites are greeting this bundle. Heck, the crowds on those sites could be requesting pre-orders. lol

Thanks for the answer :smiley:
    I heard about those streams but sadly could never watch one of those because they are on when I'm at work.

I follow STO on twitter, reddit and facebook and the people there aren't amused either about this pack. They also think that its overpriced for four ships and tons of stuff no one really needs.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

Usually, even in these unusual times, if Cryptic's Ten Forward Weekly livestream on Twitch is scheduled the few days before a ship, expansion, pack, or bundle release they show-off the goods while discussing them sometimes including insights about what you asked. That's one of the reasons I enjoy their 10FW livestreams.

These official forums, by my observation & speculation, seem to be leaning a bit more negatively about this "legendary" bundle whereas I have no idea how any of the third party social media sites are greeting this bundle. Heck, the crowds on those sites could be requesting pre-orders. lol

Thanks for the answer :smiley:
    I heard about those streams but sadly could never watch one of those because they are on when I'm at work.

I follow STO on twitter, reddit and facebook and the people there aren't amused either about this pack. They also think that its overpriced for four ships and tons of stuff no one really needs.

Another thing since you mentioned you usually cannot view their livestream "live" because of timing & work. Ambassador Kael is usually pretty good at posting the recorded livestream afterwards quickly to enable viewing usually on Twitch & rarely on YouTube. Ironically I probably won't view this livesteam since I find this bundle just isn't worth it. Best of luck.
  • Options
    redshirt1981redshirt1981 Member Posts: 34 Arc User

Thanks for the answer :smile:
    I know about those streams but I cant watch them because they're always when I'm at work.

I'm following STO on twitter, reddit and facebook and the reactions there aren't any better than here. People are complaining that there are no proper legendary kdf ships (like the D7 for example) and that the price is way too high for 4 ships and tons of stuff no one really needs.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User

My Romulan has has well thanks to the original bug with Temporal Ambassador that allowed a Romulan Fed character to claim it. :D
    reyan01 wrote: »

Yeah that's the one ship that, IF I were buying the bundle (which I'm not), I'd be most interested.

Same goes for me! I won't be buying it. As much as I want the Ambassador and somewhat the B'Rel, just for the sake of having it. The other two ships I have no interest in. Normally, additional ships being included doesn't bother me, when the price is right, like with the Legendary Fed Bundle, but the price is so over what it should be with this bundle. I can't justify wasting that much money on it for unwanted keys, two unwanted ships, and unwanted T6 ship tokens.
  • Options
    villainvilevillainvile Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    You really want to sell us this awfull pack as a Klingon Legendary Pack? In the year of the Klingons? Shame on you!

There is only ONE Legendary pack, you should sell to us:
    => Changs Bird of Prey Prototype (fires on cloak; Star Trek Movie #6)
    => Martoks Negh'Vaar Flaggship (IKS Negh'Var; TNG)
    => Gowrons Vor'Cha Flaggship (IKS Bortas; TNG)
    => L'rells D7 Prototype (DSC)
    => Gorkons D7 Flaggship (IKS Kronos One; Star Trek Movie #6)
    => Kangs K't'inga (IKS K'Tanco; VOY)
    => Kors D7 (IKS Klothos; TOS)
    => Koloths D7 (IKS Gr'oth; DS9)
    => Lursa & B'Etors K'Vort (Star Trek Movie #7)

It WILL sell. Trust the community!
  • Options
    You really want to sell us this awfull pack as a Klingon Legendary Pack? In the year of the Klingons? Shame on you!

We got a Legendary Odyssey but not a Bortas. I wouldn't mind most of those ships you mentioned. I still think we need a Legendary Kamarag as well. The current Legendy B'Rel sure is a step down from the T6 and T5U counterparts. PWE might not think Klingon ships sell, but they will if they are worth buying and at a fair price.
  • Options
    The combination of Pricing and no sandbox elements to the game really hurt this game. I know many players from various other games who are in gaming communities that love Star Trek. Although based on how business is done in this game they will never refer anyone to come play here nor play this game themselves. That is how bad this game has become that avid huge Star Trek fans won't even play their Star Trek game.

The only reason I ever really come back is I have an established collection of resources established since the days of subscription days before PWE took over. However I can't really refer anyone to come play here because of how much it would cost a new player or even some returning to reach my level of resources. They need to realize that their way of doing business makes players not even want to download the client much less try out the game. So this game is going to just completely die and is probably already well on its way into being shut down soon if they don't make some changes for the better.
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User

THIS!!!
  • Options
    davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Its the Metrics/players spending habits they trust and those metrics told them that players wanted what they're giving.

the spending metrics are like 95% offer-biased. they dont buy because they dont offer TRIBBLE. thats the very point of it
  • Options
    villainvilevillainvile Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    It's the same with most other things.
    Why we don't get more ship interiors? It's not used? Why? Like Cryptic isn't smart enough to do some missions inside your own ship.
    For example:
    * repair the minor/major/critical damages of a battle (optional)
    * battle the <random> intruders of a boarding team (optional; could be a daily endeavor?)
    * some DOFF missions could be done in the own ship (optional; but then with a greater reward)
  • Options
    atroxvincentiusatroxvincentius Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    It's time to talk...Legendary. Coming on February 18th, the 2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle includes four of the most iconic ships in Star Trek history, two from the Federation, two from the Klingon Empire, 2 T6 ships, a Worf Bridge Officer, and more.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11483463

Agree with several of the others on here, for some background I bought the Federation Legendary and Romulan Legendary packs, as this one is right now, it's a hard pass. Maybe if you guys include legendary versions of miracle worker flight deck D7, temporal D7, and Kelvin D7 or Kelvin D4x and/or vorcha, neghvar, and bortasq and you'll have me. Of course the Legendary versions of the Fed ships are not the same as the lockbox, that's fine, great whatever, but as this pack is now, it stinks. Further, I'm greatly disappointed, this is the year of the Klingon, get rid of the Fed ships dang it and mix in Klingon ships!!!!
  • Options
    Not sure if this could be something that is possible or maybe even already exists. I spend very little time on Twitter but our Discord server has news coming from different sources, mostly Twitter, that make it easy to keep track of without having to have or sit on social media. Then maybe we could get back to the days where players can submit questions, mostly ignored, to see if the dev team wouldn't mind answering them in a polite and respectful way to the community. Since STO dumped their cross-game chat a while back, most of the people I game with in STO all communicate through Discord for STO and other games.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Not sure if this could be something that is possible or maybe even already exists. I spend very little time on Twitter but our Discord server has news coming from different sources, mostly Twitter, that make it easy to keep track of without having to have or sit on social media. Then maybe we could get back to the days where players can submit questions, mostly ignored, to see if the dev team wouldn't mind answering them in a polite and respectful way to the community. Since STO dumped their cross-game chat a while back, most of the people I game with in STO all communicate through Discord for STO and other games.

To be fair, the dev team is often gets flamed when they do respond to the community, both when they show up in the game or on the forums.
  • Options

To be fair, the dev team is often gets flamed when they do respond to the community, both when they show up in the game or on the forums.

Perhaps, but to also be fair. Sometimes they deserve it! Geko is a good example of one who earned the communities distain quite a while back. Having been here for over 11 years, I can say there was a time when people, like Dan Stahl as one example, regularly interacted with the players in-game and on the forums and actually felt like an active part of the community. Who is the games EP now? No clue!

I would like to see this level interaction between the devs and the community once again. Both sides need to understand though that their vision might not always been in-line with what others want, expect, and what the devs have in mind as well. It also takes quite some time between the idea and getting those things in-game. Whether this community is the majority, minority, vocal minority, etc. There is always room for more ideas to be thrown around.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

People always say this and they're always wrong.

The flaming comes with silence, Kael has been slightly more active lately and people are being courteous in reply even when they don't like the news.

The vast majority are polite to the Cryptic staff when they reply, always have been. We get angry out of frustration from prolonged silence. Sure, there will always be a few who respond with hostility, but they have been and always will be the vast minority.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    That's just 4 ships as well, but at least it's a better selection than what's coming...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Pretty much players are so dissatisfied that there is no need for any organized protesting against their marketing tactics. The event campaign rewards for this year appear to be the message received that they don't understand why the game is failing so badly. Which it boils down to you have this currency that is meant to be the universal conversion between real money and virtual currency. So basically when a player has to decide between recently developed content or donating to fleets or the very sinks that dilithium derives its value from that is when you have begun to devalue your own production. So these paywalls and high eye-gouging prices they have done it to themselves and the longer they keep this up there eventually won't be a promo or lockbox ship anyone wants worth playing this game over.
  • Options

The flaming comes with silence, Kael has been slightly more active lately and people are being courteous in reply even when they don't like the news.

The vast majority are polite to the Cryptic staff when they reply, always have been. We get angry out of frustration from prolonged silence. Sure, there will always be a few who respond with hostility, but they have been and always will be the vast minority.

We didn't even get a patch notes thread for today's patch...
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1259961/feb-4th-patch-notes-pc

I posted this at 10:29am my time you posted your: "We didn't even get a patch notes thread for today's patch..." 8:23pm my time. It's not difficult to find if you look. lol What you need an "official" posting to read, my copy & paste not good enough for you?
  • Options

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1259961/feb-4th-patch-notes-pc

I posted this at 10:29am my time you posted your: "We didn't even get a patch notes thread for today's patch..." 8:23pm my time. It's not difficult to find if you look. lol What you need an "official" posting to read, my copy & paste not good enough for you?

I looked in the Official Release Notes area. It wasn't there. Isn't it Kael's job to post that info? I am not combing through the forums to find something someone else was nice enough to post because the Community Manager can't do his job.