test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Connie and d7 in c store would be nice

Comments

• chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »
    Hypothetical question, based on nothing but my own curiosity: if ships like these were sold in the C-store with the canon visuals, but not-as-good stats as a promo box version, would that interest folks? And, on the same note, if you bought those ships, would you no longer want the promo box versions with better stats?

Probably? I know people who spent their T5 coupon on a Ranger so they could get a T6 ship that kinda looks like a Connie. If you can wait, it'd be interesting to see how many people get a Connie when the "get a free lockbox/promo ship" event is over.
    However, once that's done, my guess is that a lot less people will be interested in a Zen store ship.

"get a free lockbox/promo ship"

Say what event you referring to?

edited February 2021
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    You can't count the mirror ships. Those were boobie prizes and just a recoloring, not even a reskin of existing ships.

They have different seating, usually more tac-oriented.
    Post edited by chastity1337 on
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Hypothetical question, based on nothing but my own curiosity: if ships like these were sold in the C-store with the canon visuals, but not-as-good stats as a promo box version, would that interest folks? And, on the same note, if you bought those ships, would you no longer want the promo box versions with better stats?

Probably? I know people who spent their T5 coupon on a Ranger so they could get a T6 ship that kinda looks like a Connie. If you can wait, it'd be interesting to see how many people get a Connie when the "get a free lockbox/promo ship" event is over.
    However, once that's done, my guess is that a lot less people will be interested in a Zen store ship.

"get a free lockbox/promo ship"

Say what event you referring to?

Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Oh, right, like last year. But of course they announced it on TRIBBLE twitter, instead of the forums.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    I would love to get a T6 Connie (not caring so much about the D7, but that's just me). It doesn't have to be as big a deal as the Legendary version, just something that can punch in its weight class.

And I can't afford the promo ships for the most part, so it wouldn't affect my desire for them at all. That's a bit like asking if the fact that I might be able to wangle a down payment on a Chevy Bolt would mean I would "no longer want" a Tesla Model X.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited February 2021
    jonsills wrote: »
    I would love to get a T6 Connie (not caring so much about the D7, but that's just me). It doesn't have to be as big a deal as the Legendary version, just something that can punch in its weight class.

And I can't afford the promo ships for the most part, so it wouldn't affect my desire for them at all. That's a bit like asking if the fact that I might be able to wangle a down payment on a Chevy Bolt would mean I would "no longer want" a Tesla Model X.

Well said, and a good analogy. I'm the other way around - I want the T6 D7 very much, and I'm indifferent about the Connie.

***edit***
    Jon, I got lucky and got a T6 infinity prize pack with the 5 free keys they gave us last week. One of the options from that is the "Mirror Warship"
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mirror_Constitution_Warship
    That's a T6 Connie, and a fairly badass one, it seems to me. It actually has two Commander seats, which I have never seen before on any ship, and a Lt Cmdr Universal/Intelligence seat. The turn rate is 13.5, it has 5/3 weapons, and it can equip dual cannons. It has +10 Weapons power, plus +5 to Engines and Shields
    Hell, this thing is a monster.
    Post edited by chastity1337 on
  • banditse1977#1368 banditse1977 Member Posts: 44 Arc User

Yes,if Cryptic released them as just standard C-Store ships spec wise,I would definitely buy them( mainly after the TOS Constitution for my Captain I have sitting in the TOS era start still,and would probably replace the Galaxy class ship I am using on my first TOS captain who is max level.Although would like to get a D7 for my newly started Klingon though ).I personally am just after the looks as a T6 and couldn'tcare less about uprated specs.

As for promo box versions ( I gather you mean not from the Legendary bundles ),then no,have no interest in taking the gamble and waiting money to get one.
    edited February 2021

I decided I will be getting the Connie as soon as I seen the rewards.

But its only a character unlock though isn't it?I would prefer to get an account unlock version if possible ( edit to add:as a C Store ship!).

Post edited by banditse1977#1368 on
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User

I decided I will be getting the Connie as soon as I seen the rewards.

But its only a character unlock though isn't it?I would prefer to get an account unlock version if possible.

Yeah it's just one character. I'll be getting the flight deck D7 myself, for my main.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Yea... its only gonna be character unlock, BUT... its one GUARANTEED Lockbox or Promo ship for free for all intents and purposes. Like those odds better than I do my lockbox odds. I have E rank luck whenever I chance the lockbox.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yea... its only gonna be character unlock, BUT... its one GUARANTEED Lockbox or Promo ship for free for all intents and purposes. Like those odds better than I do my lockbox odds. I have E rank luck whenever I chance the lockbox.

Yeah,me too!

I am still not up on how the boxes work fully.If I get it on one of my level 65 characters after completing the missions,can I put it in my account bank so my level 5 character on the TOS starter zone can open it to get the T6 Connie out of it?
  • gilleylen#2528 gilleylen Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I really hope for the CStore version someday, it is just they realize that out of it all they can't afford it. but fans like me who are a bigger fan of the TNG is happy to have a TNG enterprise more than the original. but unlike me I want the original from Discovery, It is a bit of why I want the NX too. It calls back a better time, While the NX is a Lobi Ship it is obtainable easier and the Galaxy is a ZEN ship, I do feel sorry for the older fans who want the original, I can only say to look to the sky and hope, Hope for a day where Cryptic will allow you to buy a token or get a T6 token from an event that allows you to get a Promo/Lockbox/Lobi ship for all across your account. Until then just wait for the day..

I know they have a 5 part event that does it, and I have heard 80% of my friends say "I don't care, I'm getting T6 DSC Enterprise" this is like they are giving back to those people for 2021, Something that really pays off, Those wanted that $300 Legendary Bundle can now get the 1 ship they always wanted if that was the Kelvin, the Jellyfish, the NX, the Discovery or Enterprise.

I want to call my DSC Enterprise the U.S.S Aegis: NX-1787 cause I love the Bridge Crew game and want to fix that stupid JJ movie by making it look right, Enterprise was never supposed to be a Bedroom Poster Spaceship. It is as ugly as a Bentley or the Rolls Royce when they tried to make it "Modern"
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User

Yeah,me too!

I am still not up on how the boxes work fully.If I get it on one of my level 65 characters after completing the missions,can I put it in my account bank so my level 5 character on the TOS starter zone can open it to get the T6 Connie out of it?

Well it kinda depends on which Connie you're going after? TOS, Kelvin, or Discovery?

You can get the Kelvin or Discovery Mirror Connie out of infinity lock boxes, but the TOS and Discovery Connie only come from r&d promo packs which are rarer and more expensive

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    My KDF character still uses the Fleet K't'inga Battlecruiser T5U so I'd definitely purchase a lesser C-store T6 version.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I am quite sure by 2030 for the 20th anni they will have these T6 ships on the C-store for 1000 zen each, of course they won't be much good as we will be up to T12 ships by then. lol
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I am quite sure by 2030 for the 20th anni they will have these T6 ships on the C-store for 1000 zen each, of course they won't be much good as we will be up to T12 ships by then. lol

There won't be T12. Will still be at T6, but they will be Super Duper Epic Legendary T6-X Mark III.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited February 2021

That's like saying "Thanks for your efforts, here's free tickets to Cirque du Soleil in Vegas."
    Um ok, but that's useless to me if I don't want to go to Vegas.

I have a Tzenkethi Shuk-din frigate sitting in my C-Store as a past giveaway reward. It's been there for years, and it'll sit there for years more. I'll probably never claim it. It's a single character unlock too.

Other than selling on the exchange, I'd rather discard a lockbox/promo ship than open it.

So, I'm not going pretend this meta event reward is good. It's horrible. Worst one yet. I'd rather just be slapped in the face by Cryptic, at least then I know what I'm worth to them.

5 months of grinding for a single character unlock is the dumbest idea they've had in a long while.
    Lobi is only marginally better, at least that I can spread out to multiple characters if I want.

EDIT:
    I know Kael already said Cryptic will never allow account-unlock lockbox ships.
    However, if they did, I would actually consider getting them. Account unlock is the only game I play.
    I'd pay 4-6k zen for a lockbox ship "account upgrade" token, to be applied to an already owned lockbox ship.
    Or just place them in Mudd's like they are now.
    I've bought 2 of the 3 Mudd's ship bundle packs. The last one I didn't get mostly because I already have the legendary NX.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
    edited February 2021
    phoenix841 wrote: »

That's like saying "Thanks for your efforts, here's free tickets to Cirque du Soleil in Vegas."

I have a Tzenkethi Shuk-din frigate sitting in my C-Store as a past giveaway reward. It's been there for years, and it'll sit there for years more. I'll probably never claim it. It's a single character unlock too.

Other than selling on the exchange, I'd rather discard a lockbox/promo ship than open it.

So, I'm not going pretend this meta event reward is good. It's horrible. Worst one yet. I'd rather just be slapped in the face by Cryptic, at least then I know what I'm worth to them.

5 months of grinding for a single character unlock is the dumbest idea they've had in a long while.
    Lobi is only marginally better, at least that I can spread out to multiple characters if I want.

There will in all likelyhood have a second option for those not interested in the promo ship. And it's 5 months of EVENTS...not grinding.

The difference is, what?
    Each event is typically 3 weeks, with a week gap, then another event. Repeat 4 more times, that's 5 months. Then again, I was equating event with grinding, so maybe that's the difference?

The alternate reward is lobi, which is what I was referring to in my post as well. :)

(PS. I'm not trying to argue with you, I hope you don't feel that I am.)

---

Getting back to topic, I would love a D7 on the C-store. I got the Connie and the T'Liss from the legendary packs. I hope the D7 will be in a future legendary release as well (hints are it might be), so I can get that classic ship too.
    C-store ships may not provide as much revenue as lockbox ships, but they do sell. Particularly well known and loved canon ships like the connie, defiant, and (hopefully) D7.

There will in all likelyhood have a second option for those not interested in the promo ship. And it's 5 months of EVENTS...not grinding.

The difference is, what?
    Each event is typically 3 weeks, with a week gap, then another event. Repeat 4 more times, that's 5 months. Then again, I was equating event with grinding, so maybe that's the difference?

The alternate reward is lobi, which is what I was referring to in my post as well. :)

(PS. I'm not trying to argue with you, I hope you don't feel that I am.)

---

Getting back to topic, I would love a D7 on the C-store. I got the Connie and the T'Liss from the legendary packs. I hope the D7 will be in a future legendary release as well (hints are it might be), so I can get that classic ship too.
    C-store ships may not provide as much revenue as lockbox ships, but they do sell. Particularly well known and loved canon ships like the connie, defiant, and (hopefully) D7.

It will be...they didn't start working on a Kronos 1 skin last year for it not to be sold...the current legendary pack is a throw away pack

They aren't going to release the D7 in a throw away pack, they want to milk people...but they will balance it between milking and value.
    lianthelia wrote: »
    It will be...they didn't start working on a Kronos 1 skin last year for it not to be sold...the current legendary pack is a throw away pack

They aren't going to release the D7 in a throw away pack, they want to milk people...but they will balance it between milking and value.

"throw away pack" sadly, that's the perfect name. :(

A better BoP would have helped a lot with this pack's value. But the lackluster BoP in combination with all the filler, just killed it for me. It'll be the second legendary "bundle" I'll be skipping. The first being the Discovery one, because I don't want that ship enough to buy a useless leveling bundle for a discovery character I'll never create.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I prefer to call it the "2021 Legendary Bundle of TRIBBLE" myself.

As for the Kronos One D7, I'm fairly confident that will be part of a Klingon level 65 boost bundle, probably released with the next mission.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    lianthelia wrote: »

A better BoP would have helped a lot with this pack's value. But the lackluster BoP in combination with all the filler, just killed it for me. It'll be the second legendary "bundle" I'll be skipping. The first being the Discovery one, because I don't want that ship enough to buy a useless leveling bundle for a discovery character I'll never create.

Yeah...that BoP is a joke, the anniversary raider is better than it. The devs just love building lousy Klingon ships and when they don't sell well they use that as their excuse as to why they only make Fed ships
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Honestly the anniversary raider needs to lose the Improved Raider Flanking. That was supposed to be a system for non-cloaking raiders to give them a positive for not being able to sneak up on someone’s aft. Then it will be more of a tradeoff between the new Raider and the B’rel: a fifth forward but stuck to commander Tactical or four/two but can go commander Science.
This discussion has been closed.