test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Connie and d7 in c store would be nice

Comments

• phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Yea... its only gonna be character unlock, BUT... its one GUARANTEED Lockbox or Promo ship for free for all intents and purposes. Like those odds better than I do my lockbox odds. I have E rank luck whenever I chance the lockbox.

That's like saying "Thanks for your efforts, here's free tickets to Cirque du Soleil in Vegas."
    Um ok, but that's useless to me if I don't want to go to Vegas.

I have a Tzenkethi Shuk-din frigate sitting in my C-Store as a past giveaway reward. It's been there for years, and it'll sit there for years more. I'll probably never claim it. It's a single character unlock too.

Other than selling on the exchange, I'd rather discard a lockbox/promo ship than open it.

So, I'm not going pretend this meta event reward is good. It's horrible. Worst one yet. I'd rather just be slapped in the face by Cryptic, at least then I know what I'm worth to them.

5 months of grinding for a single character unlock is the dumbest idea they've had in a long while.
    Lobi is only marginally better, at least that I can spread out to multiple characters if I want.

EDIT:
    I know Kael already said Cryptic will never allow account-unlock lockbox ships.
    However, if they did, I would actually consider getting them. Account unlock is the only game I play.
    I'd pay 4-6k zen for a lockbox ship "account upgrade" token, to be applied to an already owned lockbox ship.
    Or just place them in Mudd's like they are now.
    I've bought 2 of the 3 Mudd's ship bundle packs. The last one I didn't get mostly because I already have the legendary NX.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
    edited February 2021
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Yea... its only gonna be character unlock, BUT... its one GUARANTEED Lockbox or Promo ship for free for all intents and purposes. Like those odds better than I do my lockbox odds. I have E rank luck whenever I chance the lockbox.

That's like saying "Thanks for your efforts, here's free tickets to Cirque du Soleil in Vegas."

I have a Tzenkethi Shuk-din frigate sitting in my C-Store as a past giveaway reward. It's been there for years, and it'll sit there for years more. I'll probably never claim it. It's a single character unlock too.

Other than selling on the exchange, I'd rather discard a lockbox/promo ship than open it.

So, I'm not going pretend this meta event reward is good. It's horrible. Worst one yet. I'd rather just be slapped in the face by Cryptic, at least then I know what I'm worth to them.

5 months of grinding for a single character unlock is the dumbest idea they've had in a long while.
    Lobi is only marginally better, at least that I can spread out to multiple characters if I want.

There will in all likelyhood have a second option for those not interested in the promo ship. And it's 5 months of EVENTS...not grinding.

The difference is, what?
    Each event is typically 3 weeks, with a week gap, then another event. Repeat 4 more times, that's 5 months. Then again, I was equating event with grinding, so maybe that's the difference?

The alternate reward is lobi, which is what I was referring to in my post as well. :)

(PS. I'm not trying to argue with you, I hope you don't feel that I am.)

---

Getting back to topic, I would love a D7 on the C-store. I got the Connie and the T'Liss from the legendary packs. I hope the D7 will be in a future legendary release as well (hints are it might be), so I can get that classic ship too.
    C-store ships may not provide as much revenue as lockbox ships, but they do sell. Particularly well known and loved canon ships like the connie, defiant, and (hopefully) D7.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

There will in all likelyhood have a second option for those not interested in the promo ship. And it's 5 months of EVENTS...not grinding.

The difference is, what?
    Each event is typically 3 weeks, with a week gap, then another event. Repeat 4 more times, that's 5 months. Then again, I was equating event with grinding, so maybe that's the difference?

The alternate reward is lobi, which is what I was referring to in my post as well. :)

(PS. I'm not trying to argue with you, I hope you don't feel that I am.)

---

Getting back to topic, I would love a D7 on the C-store. I got the Connie and the T'Liss from the legendary packs. I hope the D7 will be in a future legendary release as well (hints are it might be), so I can get that classic ship too.
    C-store ships may not provide as much revenue as lockbox ships, but they do sell. Particularly well known and loved canon ships like the connie, defiant, and (hopefully) D7.

It will be...they didn't start working on a Kronos 1 skin last year for it not to be sold...the current legendary pack is a throw away pack

They aren't going to release the D7 in a throw away pack, they want to milk people...but they will balance it between milking and value.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    lianthelia wrote: »
    It will be...they didn't start working on a Kronos 1 skin last year for it not to be sold...the current legendary pack is a throw away pack

They aren't going to release the D7 in a throw away pack, they want to milk people...but they will balance it between milking and value.

"throw away pack" sadly, that's the perfect name. :(

A better BoP would have helped a lot with this pack's value. But the lackluster BoP in combination with all the filler, just killed it for me. It'll be the second legendary "bundle" I'll be skipping. The first being the Discovery one, because I don't want that ship enough to buy a useless leveling bundle for a discovery character I'll never create.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

I prefer to call it the "2021 Legendary Bundle of TRIBBLE" myself.

As for the Kronos One D7, I'm fairly confident that will be part of a Klingon level 65 boost bundle, probably released with the next mission.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

A better BoP would have helped a lot with this pack's value. But the lackluster BoP in combination with all the filler, just killed it for me. It'll be the second legendary "bundle" I'll be skipping. The first being the Discovery one, because I don't want that ship enough to buy a useless leveling bundle for a discovery character I'll never create.

Yeah...that BoP is a joke, the anniversary raider is better than it. The devs just love building lousy Klingon ships and when they don't sell well they use that as their excuse as to why they only make Fed ships
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Honestly the anniversary raider needs to lose the Improved Raider Flanking. That was supposed to be a system for non-cloaking raiders to give them a positive for not being able to sneak up on someone’s aft. Then it will be more of a tradeoff between the new Raider and the B’rel: a fifth forward but stuck to commander Tactical or four/two but can go commander Science.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    Hypothetical question, based on nothing but my own curiosity: if ships like these were sold in the C-store with the canon visuals, but not-as-good stats as a promo box version, would that interest folks? And, on the same note, if you bought those ships, would you no longer want the promo box versions with better stats?

To your first question: Yes. But depending on HOW "not-as-good" it was. I already have an account-wide Tier 1 Connie, thank you. AND I paid for it in the C-Store. :)

As for boxed versions. If you mean single-character locked lock box/R&D promo ones, then no, I don't go for gamble boxes, so I wouldn't pursue them anyway. If I'm paying, I want something for my money, not a gamble. I don't go to a car dealer and put down my money on a 1% chance on a BMW and a 99% chance on a Yugo. But I have bought a BMW before.

If you mean the combination bundle things, that's how I got my T-1 Connie. BUT it was in a pack of relevant things I wanted, the TOS Starter Pack.

If I could get the 1 ship I want from a multi-SHIP bundle (even a slightly stripped version) without buying 9 ships I DON'T want, then yes, being able to purchase the single ship WOULD make me no longer want the box version. The other ships are worth an Admiralty card and maybe a console. certainly not the full price of the ships, because I wouldn't fly them.

Let's look at the extreme opposite case, though. As another hypothetical. Suppose STO ONLY offered ships in one HUGE pack. One uber-legendary-mega-bundle. 1,000,000 Zen or $10,000 for all the ships in the game. In order to play, you MUST buy this pack. What would the game be like? A few ultra-whales, showing how much disposable income they have. A few Sir Edmund Hillary loonies diehards who can't afford it, but who spend a year scrimping and saving, living in their cars on peanut butter and crackers for a year "because it is there". And that's it. Cryptic makes a stack at once on the rich kids, and an occasional pop when a RL grinder reaches his goal, and that's it.

OR suppose every ship was a standalone. You'd get steady streams of 3,000 Zen or $30. Whales and collectors would still buy everything. DPSer's would still grab each new power-creep ship. Yes, non-millionaire fans of a specific series probably only buy the few ships/shuttles they are interested in, but you would actually get SOME money out of them at endgame, which you are missing out on now.

So to summarize my answers: Yes, and qualified yes.
This discussion has been closed.