test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Ship that Smashed the Mirror

Comments

• ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    qwe456345 wrote: »
    Wouldn't that technically just be a Galaxy-Class as they are today?

You can make the same argument for this Mirror Defiant from Enterprise, she was a Prime timeline ship that was lured into the Mirror Universe so is no different or any more special than Kirk's Enterprise from TOS

The exterior was the same Prime Galaxy but internally her configuration was different being more tactically focussed as the Federation was at war so instead of being a jack of all trades exploration cruiser the YE Galaxy was a true Battleship
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    I'm not trying to strawman. I'm just tired of the rants that don't come with more feedback than "we've been lied to" or "this isn't what we want".
    Actual feedback with things they'd like to see would be better than just straight up rants as if its the greatest insult of all time and NOT ELABORATE ON IT!

If I'm coming across a bit more hostile right now I need to vent because this comes up every time and no one actually says what they want. Just attack.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    five new Enterprise themed items are coming to the Lobo store!

so we're renaming the lobi store to the spanish word for wolf?

because i thoroughly approve​​

Absolutely, because that sounds easier than proof reading. :P
    aoav160 wrote: »
    Nothing for the KDF, you know in the Year of the Klingon.

The Year of the Klingon has been the biggest disappointment so far. Still no Legendary Klingon ships, no new content, and the remastered content is still fairly bugged.

Again, the Year of Klingon is not over yet. We have had Part 1, now Part 2 tomorrow, and anything else after that. So until it is, then you can cast an appropriate judgment on it. The Legendary Klingon ships will come. I do not know what you mean by new content, please specify. Finally, what remastered comment for Klingons is still bugged?

With all that said, yes it is the Lobi Store, Kael, and not the Lobo store. Awoo! :) For those who want more Enterprise content in the game you got your wish.

The Legendary Klingon ships should have launched with the Year of the Klingon. Revamped content is one thing but new Klingon content would be nice. How many times over the years has the tutorial and missions been redone? They say the accolade is fixed but it has still bugged out on me and others after the patch notes say it was fixed!

I get that they need to also release stuff for the Fed's, which is fine, but it seems like the hype behind the Year of the Klingon is nothing but a huge disappointment! Maybe they shouldn't have launched it early and left it to being launched in November so they actually could have had more done. I am not opposed to the Mirror DSC Connie. If anything, i want more Mirror ships to be brought out. A Mirror TOS Connie and Mirror ENT NX are high on my list, right up there with a Romulan D7 and some MU interiors for those Mirror ships. I just think this fluff could have been launched at a better time or at least along side something worth while for the Klingon faction.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    aoav160 wrote: »
    Nothing for the KDF, you know in the Year of the Klingon.

Again, we have had Year of Klingon Part 1 and now comes Year of Klingon Part 2, tomorrow. The Year of Klingon is not over yet. It is not exclusively Klingon as a blog post pointed out, involves revamps of Klingon content, Klingon assets for male and female characters, and Klingon environments. Please read it.

If in 9 months you can churn out a few fed ships, there was time for a Klingon one. Throwing in some costumes and missions doesn't really make it year of anything. It'd be like throwing in a new shuttle for the KDF, while having a 3 pack of T7 flagships for feds....which I probably just gave them a new idea.

Every time anyone criticizes the fact that the YoK has been little more than a slide in a powerpoint of yearly releases, the Cryptic Defense Force jumps to their defense on the forums. It isn't bad to have criticism of decisions. It doesn't make the releases we have had bad. Though, constantly replacing one ship with the next one in a lottery scam is going to lead to regulation.

I am not jumping to Cryptic's defense. The Year of Klingon is an expansion over time and it has not been fully released yet. So until all of it has been released then you can bring up your beef against it. I am not against criticism of decisions. Also, lockboxes are not a scam.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    The Infinity Lock Box is getting a brand new Mirror Constitution, and five new Enterprise themed items are coming to the Lobo store!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479293

Will you not TRIBBLE the KDF in the "Year of the Klingon" this time and offer the console and trait in a lobi pack or continue with this farce of a year?
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    It's great to see some love being shown to Enterprise after all this time.
    Of course, it would have been better to see the Defiant from Enterprise getting this visual update rather than the Discovery-Era Enterprise.
    Plus, with it being the "Year of Klingon" and whatnot, a KDF-playable variant should really have been included.

Now, Enterprise is the only era of the show that we can't yet create a Captain for, and it would be nice to have more ships coming with TOS & ENT era-appropriate skin options.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'm not trying to strawman. I'm just tired of the rants that don't come with more feedback than "we've been lied to" or "this isn't what we want".
    Actual feedback with things they'd like to see would be better than just straight up rants as if its the greatest insult of all time and NOT ELABORATE ON IT!

If I'm coming across a bit more hostile right now I need to vent because this comes up every time and no one actually says what they want. Just attack.

When has feedback actually worked? Seriously?

They don't care...just once every few years they put in the minimum and when it inevitably doesn't yield any significant growth they just point to it and use it as a excuse not to even bother with the faction for a few years.

I've been pointing out and leaving feedback since the Franklin was launched that they no longer even bother to make lobi packs with the console/traits KDF don't get. (The Franklin has the only console in game which boosts electrical damage and in case you haven't noticed electrical damage is becoming more and more prevalent and some of the best newer science traits do electrical damage)

The S31 HBC, The Inquiry, and now this ship too.

The devs don't care or listen to feedback...all they care about is Feds, Feds, and did I mention Feds?
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

They don't care...just once every few years they put in the minimum and when it inevitably doesn't yield any significant growth they just point to it and use it as a excuse not to even bother with the faction for a few years.

I've been pointing out and leaving feedback since the Franklin was launched that they no longer even bother to make lobi packs with the console/traits KDF don't get. (The Franklin has the only console in game which boosts electrical damage and in case you haven't noticed electrical damage is becoming more and more prevalent and some of the best newer science traits do electrical damage)

The S31 HBC, The Inquiry, and now this ship too.

The devs don't care or listen to feedback...all they care about is Feds, Feds, and did I mention Feds?

Well, i understand what you mean, but this Year of the Klingon is not really free, they have to sell us stuff to finance the new missions and everything that they modified, and actors and everything else like the revamp of the ships. How they do that?. lockbox, c-store ships, and a lot of new tokens and stuff, and guess what faction have the mayority of players?, Feds!, so in reality, feds are paying for this new Klingon stuff. So, i dont see the problem, Feds pay for my new Klingon misions! :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    I'm usually hesitant to be interested in product, but this is looking very appealing to my weekend gamer self. A new build is called for, since I've been building up around the Flight Deck Connie, but this is nonetheless a welcome change. I look forward to see more details on the Imperial Rift set, as well. >:)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Woohoo!! Enterprise stuff! Finally can equip my Enterprise inspired character with gear that fits her concept!!

Would have been nice to see some Klingon stuff in that Infinity box like a Kelvin Bird of Prey or a Mirror D7 or something that says Year of the Klingon, rather than yet another Galaxy.
    (Incidentally in ship customisation, using Leo (IIRC) in bright red over the bright white hull material gives you a pretty good Mirror Universe look to pretty much any Fed ship.)
  • michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I prefer the STO timeline stuff, but nothing wrong with these itmes. Although the pistol is a bit big in site, as very often the case.
    GIVE US THE TYPHOON! Enough said...
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Looks like a mirror NX would have fit the theme much better. We already got 12 variants of the Constitution class in the game, do we really need variant number 13?
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Looks like a mirror NX would have fit the theme much better. We already got 12 variants of the Constitution class in the game, do we really need variant number 13?

Ha ha for years we wanted a T6 Constitution and now they are adding them like breeding rabbits. But I agree we don't need yet another different variation of the Constitution when you have other ships that haven't been given T6 status yet.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Oh joy, yet another Constitution variant, not one of the many ships which STILL don't have a T6 or even T5 version.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    This must be a misprint, it has to

2 Commander seatings?

Descrip says Commander Tactical and Commander Eng
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Before: T6 Connie will never happen!

Now: And take this Temporal Connie! And that Kelvin Connie! And that Disco Connie! And those 3 Legendary Connies! And that Mirror Connie! And tune in next time for "1/3rd of the hull blown up" Intel Disco Connie in R&D box! And how about that SfS saucer-less damaged Connie we have in plans for Mudd's Market! And wait, we have the spec-less glowing-green TOS Defiant in store too, this one will be in the C-Store... for one day, at 6,000 Zen because it has 2 Ultimate Upgrades with it, a tribble and a unique title.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • lordkerdochlordkerdoch Member Posts: 34 Arc User

We have said what we wanted, for years. We've said it in this thread. At the very least, parity.

As for expecting all Klingon material in Year of the Klingon, we didn't expect Dominion material during the Discovery Release. We didn't expect TNG during the Delta Recruit. And as far as I can tell, we didn't really get Anything else during the other releases beyond random one offs of other races.
    lianthelia wrote: »

I could go on, but pretty much everything Cryptic has done in the last two years has been listening to people's feedback about things, and solving those problems.

Now, address for your list how long it took them to solve said problems and complaints? How many issues are still here from day 1?

How long have we heard "a fix is coming" for various issues. Dil boxes that will not open and just eat space, magic lag that is a player problem...that suddenly "we have a solution for", saved layouts/traits for ground/space?

You complain that feedback isn't given, yet when the feedback and ticketing tool is used, issues are closed with a message that says "go to the forums". When we come here, the cryptic defense force comes out en masse like anyone who complains has magically stabbed someone with a d'k tahg in an attempt to dishonour their house in hopes of getting some reward for their passionate defense.

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Before: T6 Connie will never happen!

Now: And take this Temporal Connie! And that Kelvin Connie! And that Disco Connie! And those 3 Legendary Connies! And that Mirror Connie! And tune in next time for "1/3rd of the hull blown up" Intel Disco Connie in R&D box! And how about that SfS saucer-less damaged Connie we have in plans for Mudd's Market! And wait, we have the spec-less glowing-green TOS Defiant in store too, this one will be in the C-Store... for one day, at 6,000 Zen because it has 2 Ultimate Upgrades with it, a tribble and a unique title.

They never said a T6 Connie would never happen. That was the T5 Connie, which never happened. :P
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    they never once mentioned tiers - it was always 'there will never be an endgame connie'

'Well, that was a f*cking lie.'​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    And of course, the test servers are unavailable again (this time, the characters won't load in the selection screen) so you can't test the new stuff (assuming the ship is even present in this version of Tribble).
    #TASforSTO
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    What size is the Mirror and can it equip heavies and duals?
    edited October 2020
    Also, on a smaller note, I haven't watched much of Enterprise, but I'm pretty sure the phase pistol wasn't huge like that with the grip twice as long as your hand.
    And the "throw it before it overloads at enemy" ability sounded cool but seems hugely unreliable. I think I only managed to have it blow up once despite throwing it about a dozen of times.

If it does work as intended, then there is a requirement that isn't specified.
    #TASforSTO
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    What size is the Mirror and can it equip heavies and duals?

comparable to the other Constitutions, albeit slightly smaller than the KT, and can equip dual cannons
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Ship reminds me of a fan design I saw in 2004, the ISS Tiberius.
    Only difference was a big phaser lance on the front of the saucer.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    they never once mentioned tiers - it was always 'there will never be an endgame connie'

It was not a lie. Since then, the status quo has changed thanks to CBS changing their stance.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.

It was not a lie. Since then, the status quo has changed thanks to CBS changing their stance.
    Of course.
    But it's still kinda hilarious to go from one extreme to another, from "no endgame Connie!" to "RELEASE ALL POSSIBLE EXISTING VARIANTS!!"
    #TASforSTO
  • midwayacemidwayace Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Hey now... I thought it was The Year of The Klinon ;). (Worf on Wheel of Misfortune buys a G for 1,000). I'm actually glad to see club Shangdu under new management.