test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legendary ship pricing

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    it's also called that because of the sheer amount of deaths the day used to - and still does - see...but people would rather use the more cheerful version for obvious reasons​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    It wouldn't surprise me if some people tried to get the name changed cause they do think it's racist.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    echatty wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if some people tried to get the name changed cause they do think it's racist.

Which makes about as much sense as replacing a statue of George Washington at the University of Washington, here in Washington State, with a statue of the Black Lives Matter Fist. What does that have to do with UW?

I swear some of these people take it WAY too far.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

At work we've had to change any naming that uses "black" or "white", for example a "whitelist" is now an "allowed list."
  • Options
    *mutters about political correctness stupidity*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    We now feed allow-hued paper into the printer ;)
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    alonar wrote: »
    I get the hate for them being only in a bundle but I don't get why the hate for the price, 10 ships for $300 is the same if you bought 10 T6 ships at the $30 price tag. And no you can't argue that some of them aren't worth $30 when all T6 ships (outside Mudd's Market) are $30. The worth of the ships is subjective.

What is hard to understand? Not everyone wants all ten ships, and if they only want one out of the bundle they still have to buy the bundle, which means the one ship cost them $300. The other nine are irrelevant if they don't want and will not use them.

And yes, that is the worst case scenario, but it does illustrate the point.

Sad matter is that you could spend 500 and not get the lock box ship you want...you can either RNG, pay through the nose, or save up millions of dilithium. This is how the game works and is being ran by a guy who has a background in mobile gaming

All about doing the littlest effort and making the biggest profit
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Ok, that's actually a show of arms.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The bundles will be back, probably for "Renamed To Something Else Friday" ...

You don't need to try and be politically correct on that, as Black Friday has nothing to do with race whatsoever. I think it's called that because businesses usually end up "in the black" in terms of profits, meaning they made LOTS of money, whereas if they were in the red they would have lost money.

The term has to do with the way account books were done along with traditional average yearly expense/profit. First off, income was written in black ink while expenses or debts were written in red ink (which is also where the Black Widow's line "I have red in my ledger" in the Avengers movies comes from).

With the profit/expense ratios of the average business taking the money flowing in and out over the year and dividing it you come up with a number of days which zero out followed (hopefully anyway) by days that are pure profit and counting the traditional number of those on a calendar makes the first day of pure profit that Friday that is called "black friday".

Since by the title this thread is about a show of hands, I thought maybe this would be an good show of hands:

https://youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=OIVIDmuJZLI&feature=emb_logo
  • Options
    Exactly. Unless ink color is now considered racist, which would be totally STUPID, but wouldn't put it past some idiot to try and push in this day and age... :(
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    PLEASE DO NOT ENCOURAGE THEM TO SELL US MORE SHIPS, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU SUGGEST!!!!

I mean, c'mon, have you seen the price of those bundles???
  • Options
    PLEASE DO NOT ENCOURAGE THEM TO SELL US MORE SHIPS, NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU SUGGEST!!!!

I mean, c'mon, have you seen the price of those bundles???

So you are against a KDF Legendary Bundle entirely?
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Which makes about as much sense as replacing a statue of George Washington at the University of Washington, here in Washington State, with a statue of the Black Lives Matter Fist. What does that have to do with UW?

I swear some of these people take it WAY too far.

Yes, you're right about that. Things have gone way too far.

At work we've had to change any naming that uses "black" or "white", for example a "whitelist" is now an "allowed list."

Ridiculous. Simply ridiculous.
    *mutters about political correctness stupidity*

You and me both
    We now feed allow-hued paper into the printer ;)

I hope this is a joke. If it is, it's amusing.
    Exactly. Unless ink color is now considered racist, which would be totally STUPID, but wouldn't put it past some idiot to try and push in this day and age... :(

Agreed, totally stupid, like tearing down statues and basically trying to erase history.

I wouldn't put it past people to try, either.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    There's no way I am ever going to lay out hundreds of dollars, or even a single hundred, for anything in any online game. Not going to happen.

I have played a lot of different MMO's in the last 20 years, but never seen anything to compare to the avarice of STO, never seen any other game that tries to milk its players for such huge chunks of cash.

They get away with it, and in a capitalist economy there's no arguing with success. Having spoken that harshly, I am compelled by my sense of fairness to admit STO is also generous with free giveaways.
  • Options
    ...but I think Gene Roddenberry would be rolling over in his grave if he could see.

I seriously doubt that.
    Look on the bright side, its not EVE, where money can be spent on a ship, only for it to be permadestroyed 5 minutes later.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    you've clearly never seen EVE or star citizen, then​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I have played a lot of different MMO's in the last 20 years, but never seen anything to compare to the avarice of STO, never seen any other game that tries to milk its players for such huge chunks of cash.

WoW and Final Fantasy make you pay a monthly sub, then pay for new content expansions. In STO everything you buy is optional not required. FF still sells mounts for $36, costumes for $18.

STO doesn't punish you the way SWTOR does (did?) if you don't subscribe, with locking out content, not letting you equip gear, not even letting you match colors on your gear. (Yes I know STO has some palette problems, that's a different issue.)

STO doesn't have the energy / oil / resource mechanics of mobile games where you can only play for so long in a day before you run out and have to pay them cash monies to keep playing.

STO is the most generous MMORPG for free players that I've played. Yes, they compensate for that by trying to sell you cosmetics for as much as the market will bear, but you're also not paying $120-$180 a year for a sub.

One year sub = cost of the Legendary Bundle.

Perhaps STO should "hide" its costs the way WoW and FF do? You pay $15 a month, but you get to rent all ships for as long as you pay? Or you get 1,500 zen credit instead of 500 like LTS?
  • Options
    STO doesn't punish you the way SWTOR does (did?) if you don't subscribe, with locking out content, not letting you equip gear, not even let you match colors on your gear.

Still kinda does. F2P and Preferred still have a Credit cap of 1 mil, reduced XP gain after a certain point, can't use mounts as early as Subs, and can't equip certain kinds of Artifact grade gear without a Cartel Store unlock. And I think TOR still has a limit on how many Flashpoints (dungeons) a F2P/Preffered can run a week. Not sure if you still have to at least go up to Preferred to even have a personal bank though.
    Now you CAN kinda get around some of that even with a week long sub from a Refer a Friend link, but it can still be a bit rough for pure F2P at times.
  • Options
    STO doesn't punish you the way SWTOR does (did?) if you don't subscribe, with locking out content, not letting you equip gear, not even let you match colors on your gear.

Still kinda does. F2P and Preferred still have a Credit cap of 1 mil, reduced XP gain after a certain point, can't use mounts as early as Subs, and can't equip certain kinds of Artifact grade gear without a Cartel Store unlock. And I think TOR still has a limit on how many Flashpoints (dungeons) a F2P/Preffered can run a week. Not sure if you still have to at least go up to Preferred to even have a personal bank though.
    Now you CAN kinda get around some of that even with a week long sub from a Refer a Friend link, but it can still be a bit rough for pure F2P at times.

Rattler, you are way out of date on that. SWTOR increased the credit cap on froob accounts and relaxed many other restrictions some 6 months ago.

SWTOR offers a monthly sub, with a generous stipend of CC, which can be increased by 20% if you add a security key and submit to the annoyances of 2FA

• Options
    edited August 2020
    you've clearly never seen EVE or star citizen, then​​

I played EVE for years, but you don't have to pay RL money for ships in EVE. You can play at a very competitive level for nothing more than your monthly sub, and THAT can be paid for with in-game money, if you're good enough.
  • Options
    Rattler, you are way out of date on that. SWTOR increased the credit cap on froob accounts and relaxed many other restrictions some 6 months ago.

Actually I'm playing again now that its through Steam. The mount thing is still in effect, same as the XP stuff, as I'm bouncing between sub and Preferred based on available funds.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

SWTOR offers a monthly sub, with a generous stipend of CC, which can be increased by 20% if you add a security key and submit to the annoyances of 2FA

He's still right about stuff...

The credit cap is a joke when almost anything decent costs well over a million and the only way to circumvent it is by paying money in one way or another, at least with STO you can save up some zen and have it removed

Still plenty of XP restrictions and I imagine all the end game restrictions like BG, dungeon, and raid limitations

Most of the things that aren't basic in game still require money to be spent
  • Options
    rogueassassinxrogueassassinx Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Resurrection of a thread just because I didn't know about the Legendary pack until literally just now, and there are ships in it I'd love to have. I hope they bring it back AND give the sale price again, or at least break it open and sell some of the ships individually. There are a few ships in here specifically that I'd love to have.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Some ships from the legendary bundle might eventually be available for individual purchase, but I can guarantee the Miracle Worker TOS Constitution and the Temporal Discovery Constitution will never be available outside of it.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
This discussion has been closed.