test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stop the campers stealing the tags. Raging at my last run in the zone

ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
I just captured 9 points in the battlezone and was unable to get to a single V-Rex before the lazy TRIBBLE silo campers who contribute nothing killed them. Thus for the boss fight I received nothing. How is this fair to reward those sitting afk waiting for others to trigger the boss fight only to kill it before the people working towards that event can get there?.

How abut adding a 30 second timegate before the Silos unlock and the V-Rex spawn to give people chance to get to a silo. That would take minimal coding surely ?

Raging finally go through a battlezone without rubberbanding all over the show for that to happen.
maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    That is a problem that many are frustrated by. Some have even suggested that everyone gets beamed back to the command center once the silos unlock so that campers can't just sit there.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    That is a problem that many are frustrated by. Some have even suggested that everyone gets beamed back to the command center once the silos unlock so that campers can't just sit there.

That's how i probably would have coded it but that ship has sailed so that 30 sec delay is probably the best and least disruptive way towards the zone to try to even it out.

Ever had one of those times where it feels like the game is screaming at you time to stop playing?.

With the Lag/freezing/snr/rubberbanding I've experienced the past couple of days (more than usual) since the patch and this slap in the face, it does feel like the signs are all pointing to the exit.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • carlosbezerracarlosbezerra Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I thought of a solution. What if Final Bosses were randomly summoned on the map?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    This is the main reason I never use this BZ. If you don't camp.. and know exactly where to be.. it's just not worth it.

This is why when people tell new players to use the Dyson BZ for Dilithium, I message them and tell them to ignore that horrible advice. A new player wouldn't have a chance in there, they don't know how or where to camp so they get nothing.

Honestly though, I don't blame the campers, they're just working with what they're given. It's just bad design and should be fixed.

It's been a problem for years, it's unlikely to be fixed. I just avoid it, Terran BZ is a quicker source of Dilithium anyway.
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Voth BZ?
    Capping is for suckers.
    Camping is for winners.

That's just how it unfortunately is in there.

You can see handful of players waiting at the spawn point for the V-Rex, ready to wipe them out the moment they pop out.

But it could be worse. You could be in the Tzenkethi BZ :D
    XzRTofz.gif
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Voth BZ?
    Capping is for suckers.
    Camping is for winners.

That's just how it unfortunately is in there.

You can see handful of players waiting at the spawn point for the V-Rex, ready to wipe them out the moment they pop out.

But it could be worse. You could be in the Tzenkethi BZ :D

Yeah and then they tell me there is no way to get 80k dilithium with admiralty ferrengi bonus when I cap and they don't they get 2k versus the 20k I get a run when I am able to adequately hit all 3 V-Rex's. The difference in dilithium is that there are so many bonuses plus the rewards for actively participating that all people do by camping them is TRIBBLE other people over. Although they can burn down a V-Rex in 2 seconds but they are unable to comprehend game mechanics in Assault on Terok Nor that are found in toddler toys. Get Leeta to stand on a circle and then another person presses F at the console so camping really just means a method for people who are completely brain dead to think they accomplished something.

Also after a decade they just need to give me the ability to change their battle zones so I can put a proper design in place its apparent that I could do a better job myself.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    You should get a reward for taking capturing points and get a final bonus, based on your reward for the points, for taking down the T Rex.
    BTW before the cap raise, 50 - 60/65, people were already camping the T Rex, but they couldn't take it down so fast. Because of the power creep the Rex is gone in seconds.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I sympathize with your issue, and definitely agree the BZ needs fixes. However, you can regularly get to your dino if you change your strategy a bit.

First captures should be the furthest points from the vrex, don't have them as the last ones left to trigger it, and leave the points adjacent to the dinos for last. Most important, though is to watch the zone progress and know when its time to get to the dinos, because I guarantee you a good number of the 'campers' are the ones who were watching the bar and stopped capping so they could be there for the dinos.

Yes the BZ is badly designed, but you can mitigate the issue somewhat by playing it a little smarter.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I go there on occasion and when I do I usually hang out there for some time; taking zones and such. 30 sec or even a 1 min timer for the bosses to appear? Yes, please.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    It's been a problem for years, it's unlikely to be fixed. I just avoid it, Terran BZ is a quicker source of Dilithium anyway.

Please tell us more about this Terran BZ. Where is it located, how does it work, helpful tips?
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Please tell us more about this Terran BZ. Where is it located, how does it work, helpful tips?

He is probably speaking about the Space BZ in the Badlands; close to DS9.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I got a better idea. Enable friendly fire vs characters which are more than 3 minutes afk.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Ugh, decided to delete my windows partition, reinstall everything fresh. Now can't remember what email I used to register ussvaliant with or password to reset password to regain access. doh!

I swear anything is against me continuing to play at the moment. The game although I can get in on my account I don't use to post on forums as it was casually banned when LaughingTrendy went on one of her jollies and wouldn't explain why or entertain unbanning.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2020

It's a Space battlezone located just above Deep Space 9 in the Alpha Quadrant. It's called 'The Badlands.'

The battlezone is a series of points that you have to fly to and take control of. Each point that you control awards you a small amount of Dilithium as well as Terran and Temporal Marks. Once all points are taken, 3 Terran Bases appear that the players must drive back. Successful completion of that phase awards around 2500 Dilithium. You can then hold off the Terran 'final push' for another 850ish.

Each point gives Terran and Temporal Marks and driving back the 3 bases gives Elite marks for both reputations. There is usually a high player count there and you can flip the map rather quickly, especially when some higher DPS players are there helping. If you convert the Marks to Dilithium, you can easily pull around 5-5.5k Dilithum per run average and the runs don't take that long. It's easy money because all you have to do is just contribute at a few points to get the full credit. If you're under geared and you go there when the player count is low, you might have a tough time as the enemies here are tougher then an area like the Undine battlezone. If you need to use the help of other players, when you enter the area bring up your map and change instance to the instance with the most players.

If you do this area on a Dilithium weekend or while under the bonus for Ferengi Admiralty 10/10 you can easily pull 7-8k per run if you convert the marks as well (each run gives 3 Elite Marks for Terran and 3 for Temproal which are worth 2k by themselves even without bonus.) Personally, I wait until I have a character under the Dilithium Bonus from 10/10 Ferengi Admiralty and then I go to the Badlands and clean up. It's a far more reliable source then the over rated, over hyped, broken and terrible Voth battlezone. :wink:

[Edit] - Because I never really crunched the numbers, I just tested it and my numbers are the lowest possible. I just did a single run, completed the zone, all 3 mirror bases, final wave, converted all marks and elite marks to Dilithum. Under 50% boost from Admiralty my haul for one run was just over 13k. Took me about 10 min.
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • pattonj324pattonj324 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    casualsto wrote: »
    I got a better idea. Enable friendly fire vs characters which are more than 3 minutes afk.

I support this idea! Hear Hear!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Rex camping has been a problem since day 1 of the DBZ. Since we're only a few months away from the zone's 7th anniversary, I'll go out on a limb and say that rex campers will always be part of the zone no matter what Cryptic does.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    One solution not requiring help from the devs would be to watch the progression meter and when it gets close everyone go camp the dino and invite everyone else in zone chat to stop capping and do the same. Eventually it will get a reputation for never popping the boss fight and the campers will go away looking for to leach that still works.....
    > @"phoenixc#0738" said:
    > One solution not requiring help from the devs would be to watch the progression meter and when it gets close everyone go camp the dino and invite everyone else in zone chat to stop capping and do the same. Eventually it will get a reputation for never popping the boss fight and the campers will go away looking for to leach that still works.....

Asking players to take notice of the Zone progress bar is a waste of time. Many a time I've arrived too late from a different zone to see that silo fail despite 5 players attacking a V-Rex but ignored the progress bar/voice warnings to stop the Not Voth Engineers and also ignore the chat flyin and box warning. I also have a eye roll moment running back from a captured silo and just a few feet away from the transporter to see Players running to that captured silo and long dead V-Rex
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Am I really just lucky? I often do the Dyson Zone for some ground endeavor and then complete the daily mission. I almost always make it in time to participate at one of the V-Rexes.

And I never really notice that many campers at the V-Rex Zones. Maybe they come out when the progress is close to being finished - but maybe they are just people that have been busy capping zones and looked at the progress and decided they should had to the V-Rex area early?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Or at least one minute.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    Rex camping has been a problem since day 1 of the DBZ. Since we're only a few months away from the zone's 7th anniversary, I'll go out on a limb and say that rex campers will always be part of the zone no matter what Cryptic does.
    Yep. Yep. It is why I stopped doing the zone. I got tired of investing all the time, effort, and energy into trigger the Rex spawn only to get there and it was ready to die before I could into range and of course the others were dead just as fast.

The zone needs a redesign or maybe participation points on say five local trigger to be able to fight the Rex.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    No idea what powers guy in BZ was just using but I was on a sci and debuffed the V-Rex with standard Sci powers no kit modules (got the tag) but he killed the V-Rex in like 2 secs flat. I knocked about 5% health off, he turned up bang one dead V-Rex. That is absurd power and no one can honestly complete with that. No wonder the V-Rex in the Outskirts died as quick when the zone triggered and lucky I got to park before him.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Odd... I can see things melting with kit modules... but just native Captain sci abilities?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    > @rattler2 said:
    > Odd... I can see things melting with kit modules... but just native Captain sci abilities?

I don't know what career he was so no idea what he was using. I debuffed using sensor scan, dampening field and nanoprobe infestation which can make the V-Rex squishy. But considering the Outskirts went down almost immediately when the zone triggered I don't think I would have made any difference to how fast he killed that V-Rex
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    well, no wonder he murdered it so fast - you debuffed the TRIBBLE out of it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I've seen odd behavior in the game lately. In 'Infected Conduit' I've noticed the Nanite Transformers blowing apart while the last of the Nanite Generators was not yet destroyed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    that's been happening since 2012 - that's what happens when your method of stopping people blowing things up in the wrong order is just to heal it for absurdly large amounts of HP every second while the objectives you need to kill first are still alive...instead of, you know, MAKING IT UNTARGETABLE OR INVINCIBLE!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »

that would be good. or you get beamed back if you don't capture at least 2 points. I don't even bother with the V-rex anymore. only reasons I go to the zone is kill TRIBBLE voth and kill captains endeavors
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    The easiest way to avoid the campers here is super simple. They will always be in the most populated instances. Just change instances to a lower population. I generally try to land myself in a instance pop of 6 or so.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.