🔥🔥🔥 "The Year of Klingon" 🔥🔥🔥

Comments

• Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    > @markhawkman said:
    > here's a nice pic:
    > (Image)

Well good thing you can ignore that pic from TNG Redemption. STO says the space surrounding the planet is red and covered in astroids. You want that red space so badly then that is fine by me. I was just pointing out the differences and why it would be better to reduce or change it. You seem to want to justify its existence.

Can't wait to see your pics and videos explaining why Klingons should have dreads.
    Post edited by terranempire#7881 on
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    what he said - and the comms officer literally said a few seconds after that "Captain, I'm getting a message from Praxis"

which would be impossible if it had been vaporized​​

Well it wasn't completely vaporized, but there is also the possibility the message came from immediately before or during the explosion, and because the explosion was a subspace wave it caused issues with the communications. There is also the possibility of relativistic issues from the amount of energy released that it caused some time dilation.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    That what STO lore says. I am looking at the movie.

thanks for the morning laugh...

so many things have gone sideways of lore. lol

so whats the big deal if they remove the red or most of it to make it more game pleasing?

lore...good one.

Thanks for stating the obvious and adding nothing of merit. The BIG deal if it wasn't self explanatory is giving the existing maps a face lift like all the KDF content.​​
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    what he said - and the comms officer literally said a few seconds after that "Captain, I'm getting a message from Praxis"

Well it wasn't completely vaporized, but there is also the possibility the message came from immediately before or during the explosion, and because the explosion was a subspace wave it caused issues with the communications. There is also the possibility of relativistic issues from the amount of energy released that it caused some time dilation.

Yeah a large part of Praxis was semi-intact so it's possible the base on that part or as it was pointed it wasn't a live feed but a 1-way transmission.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

really... its too early to play internet boxing mate. we all have made posts similar, to include you. i was simply thanking you for a good laugh. guess it was not as funny for you as it was for me - obvious or not. :)

have a great stardate!

You're the one insisting on the "internet boxing" as you put it. If you're only here to continue trolling me because I made a mistake about Praxis still existing then you can rest easy knowing that I have admitted to said mistake. Asking the question of why does it matter if the space is red or not? Can you not work it out for yourself?​​
  • Options
    edited May 2020

ah, yes, the infamous troll response. i guess a simple thank you should have been better. note to self. terran cant handle it.
    (last response to you regarding this simple and fun start to my day...as i dont want to derail the thread any longer and pose as a troll in your view)

i sure hope they do more than just cosmetic alterations...while needed, and not frowned upon, and will be openly taken...i sure look forward to more highlights as to the "changes"

deuces...

Thank you so much @keepcalmchiveon for laughing at me for making a mistake. Also thank you for not adding anything to the topic other than asking the insightful question of why should existing content be updated or changed.

I am sorry I ruined your simple & fun start of the day of having a laugh at my expense. Please continue to make more posts of why things shouldn't be made a BIG deal. If you're hoping for more than cosmetic alterations you will be in an even bigger disappoint than me.​​
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

Yeah a large part of Praxis was semi-intact so it's possible the base on that part or as it was pointed it wasn't a live feed but a 1-way transmission.
    Well it also seemed like the room was on fire, and the transmission may have gotten cut off by the room exploding...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options

Well it also seemed like the room was on fire, and the transmission may have gotten cut off by the room exploding...

Yeah and the person making the transmission seems to be in panic so there was clearly danger present and danger you couldn't deal with a disruptor or a bat'leth, still there's too many unknowns in that transmission for it to be solid evidence for anything.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    They did indicate that the transmission was from Praxis.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Good grief 😑

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Good grief 😑

I've seen worse to be fair.

On the subject of the B'rel revamp. Will it just be the base or will the extras also be revamped? My little fleet B'rel is a bit of a kit bash

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited May 2020

That actually makes sense due to a quirk of subspace radio, the fact that the speed of the signal is dependent upon the power of the signal (it is not fixed like the speed of light and normal radio). That is how subspace relays literally speed up communication, by boosting the signal and therefor the propagation speed.

In the case of the transmission from Praxis, the Klingons probably started transmission just before the main explosion and ended at the explosion, but the subspace shockwaves are probably of higher power and pulled ahead of the videotransmission even in the relatively short travel distance to where Excelsior picked it up after the shockwaves.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I wonder if we’re going to get revamps of all the Klingon ships
  • Options
    shadowkosh wrote: »

Doubtful, not even the precious feddybears have all their boats repainted. I think we'll see the iconic K'tinga and B'rel, maybe a new carrier and that's it.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    We already got two, I doubt those will be the only ones if they actually focus on KDF stuff the entire year.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Definitely not "all". Not even CLOSE to "all". Regardless of them calling this the "Year of Klingon", the simple fact is the majority of their customers play Fed, so there is no way in hell (or Gre'thor, if you will :p ) they are going to spend the entire year working on Klingon ships. They still need to make and sell Fed ships to actually make enough money to keep things running.

All of that said, they will likely do enough to fill a Klingon version of the "legendary" bundle. So probably most of the Klingon ships seen in the shows/movies, plus the STO Klingon flagship. So that means here is the potential lineup:

TOS D7
    Movie/TNG era BOP
    Movie era K'Tinga
    TNG/DS9 era Vorcha
    TNG/DS9 era Negh'var
    ENT era BOP
    ENT era D4(korotinga in game at the moment)
    ENT era Raptor (D5)
    Kelvin timeline BOP
    Kelvin timeline D7
    Disco BOP
    Disco D7
    STO era Bortasqu

That said, that is too many ships for 1 pack, IMO. So I'm guessing some of those wouldn't make the cut. And some of those would probably also be multiples of the same ship (different skins). For example, the TOS D7 and Movie era K'tinga could be rolled into one with different skin choices. Also the ENT era BOP isn't currently in game (I don't think?), so that might not really be an option either.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User

Definitely not "all". Not even CLOSE to "all". Regardless of them calling this the "Year of Klingon", the simple fact is the majority of their customers play Fed, so there is no way in hell (or Gre'thor, if you will :p ) they are going to spend the entire year working on Klingon ships. They still need to make and sell Fed ships to actually make enough money to keep things running.

All of that said, they will likely do enough to fill a Klingon version of the "legendary" bundle. So probably most of the Klingon ships seen in the shows/movies, plus the STO Klingon flagship. So that means here is the potential lineup:

TOS D7
    Movie/TNG era BOP
    Movie era K'Tinga
    TNG/DS9 era Vorcha
    TNG/DS9 era Negh'var
    ENT era BOP
    ENT era Raptor (D5)
    Kelvin timeline BOP
    Kelvin timeline D7
    Disco BOP
    Disco D7
    STO era Bortasqu

That said, that is too many ships for 1 pack, IMO. So I'm guessing some of those wouldn't make the cut. And some of those would probably also be multiples of the same ship (different skins). For example, the TOS D7 and Movie era K'tinga could be rolled into one with different skin choices. Also the ENT era BOP isn't currently in game (I don't think?), so that might not really be an option either.

There are subtle but distinct shape differences between the TOS and K'tinga ships, if they are trying to make them more screen accurate like they did with some of the Fed ships that would not lend itself well to sharing the same 3d model.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

TOS D7
    Movie/TNG era BOP
    Movie era K'Tinga
    TNG/DS9 era Vorcha
    TNG/DS9 era Negh'var
    ENT era BOP
    ENT era Raptor (D5)
    Kelvin timeline BOP
    Kelvin timeline D7
    Disco BOP
    Disco D7
    STO era Bortasqu

There are subtle but distinct shape differences between the TOS and K'tinga ships, if they are trying to make them more screen accurate like they did with some of the Fed ships that would not lend itself well to sharing the same 3d model.

To clarify, I don't actually mean they be the same model(shape) with only different textures. What I actually mean is that as far as the game is concerned they can be the same ship(stat wise), but in the ship tailor you can pick between the different variants(models/shapes). The same way the TOS/TMP connie are in the ship tailor. They are both just different variants (in the tailor) of the same ship.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options

TOS D7
    Movie/TNG era BOP
    Movie era K'Tinga
    TNG/DS9 era Vorcha
    TNG/DS9 era Negh'var
    ENT era BOP
    ENT era Raptor (D5)
    Kelvin timeline BOP
    Kelvin timeline D7
    Disco BOP
    Disco D7
    STO era Bortasqu

To clarify, I don't actually mean they be the same model(shape) with only different textures. What I actually mean is that as far as the game is concerned they can be the same ship(stat wise), but in the ship tailor you can pick between the different variants(models/shapes). The same way the TOS/TMP connie are in the ship tailor. They are both just different variants (in the tailor) of the same ship.

To explain the TOS and refit versions of the Connie share the same animation/game object rig but different 3D models so as far as the game is conserned they're the same ship. This is why some ships can share parts while others can't.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    And for the record, that's already how the TOS D7 and K'Tinga work (currently) if you own the TOS Temporal D7. Both variants are options of the same ship in the tailor:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/D7_Temporal_Battlecruiser#Class_variants

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Here's a thought, could a K'vort be possible? BoP light/battlecruiser.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Here's a thought, could a K'vort be possible? BoP light/battlecruiser.

Everything is possible but a K'vort would probably be its own ship rather then a variant BoP since IIRC it's often used for the larger variants of BoP found in some effect shots during TNG and DS9. For the same reason the DSC variants of the Connie and D7 are their own things and not variants gameplay wise.

EDIT:You can change the stats and the model to a degree but if you have to rescale the rig you need a new ship not related to the previous versions. So the DSC Connie being a carrier isn't an issue but it being larger then the TOS connie is.
  • Options
    I must admit to being hyped. Finaly got my all Klingon away team all equipped with KHG weapon/shield/armour (yeah, a waste of resources but it makes me happy), looking forward to updating the visuals, the new hair looks cool.
  • Options
    centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I must admit to being hyped. Finaly got my all Klingon away team all equipped with KHG weapon/shield/armour (yeah, a waste of resources but it makes me happy), looking forward to updating the visuals, the new hair looks cool.

If it makes you happy than it's not a waste. This is a game after all.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    > @fallenkezef#4581 said:
    > I must admit to being hyped. Finaly got my all Klingon away team all equipped with KHG weapon/shield/armour (yeah, a waste of resources but it makes me happy), looking forward to updating the visuals, the new hair looks cool.

It is not a waste. This forum is just built on 10 years of broken dreams and DPS builds. We do not love single-player gaming--we just added to the ‘Arena of Hostility.”

Of course, many ”new” ideas are: Let’s make “Social spaces” In the genera of “X episode.”
  • Options
    From yesterday's 10-Forward livestream:
    Originally playable DIS klingon heads were just "something that would be nice to do" (and andorian too), but now they are in "Year of klingon" they have a plan what they want with them and thus those heads now have actual place in schedule.

Worf's hair and sash may become more available.

Klingon tutorial would be updated.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/gjjs84/ten_forward_weekly_14052020_random_questions/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.