test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    *Dalos Alpha Prime. Satin is treating Karlie's wounds from her streetfight, but is giving Karlie the silent treatment.*

Karlie: What's wrong?

Satin *lying*: Nothing.

Karlie: Sat'.

Satin: I thought you said you weren't going to do this again?

Karlie: I said I wouldn't fight Larynn again. I never said I wouldn't fight someone else.

Satin: You could have been put in hospital!

Karlie: Sat', I can handle myself!

Satin: Karlie, you don't have a flawless win/loss record. Eventually you are gonna bite off more than you can chew and you're gonna get hurt!

Karlie: I'll be fine!

Satin: Yeah? Well, then you can get your mom or uncle to bandage you from now on!

Karlie: Satin--

Satin: No! I'm not doing this, Red! Not behind your Mom's back!

Karlie: So what, you're gonna rat on me?!

Satin: I didn't say that!

*The two look at each other for a moment, before Karlie exhales and nods.*

Karlie: Okay. No more. I'll stop streetfighting. Just... don't tell anyone, okay?

Satin: Promise?

Karlie: Promise.

Satin: Then I promise too. This stays between us.

*The two share a short hug.*

OOC: Yeah, this isn't the end of the matter.
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Carter is in his office as his personal AI pops up on his desk

Carter: what is it?

Tranquil: sir we have just lost contact with the security at earth that was working with section 31. I have been unable to reach professor Anders or Guilty tangent as well.

Carter: could it be interference of some sort?

Tranquil: not likely. Scans show that section 31 has been unable to reach their own teams at the site as well.

Carter: I want team kilo 5 deployed immediately. And get me Harrison as well.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    Earth ruins

Anders and the group with her make it towards the entrance they came through as they start to reach it the turn hearing a noise as they see the members of the security team but different. They are mutated and deformed as they oddly move towards the team before letting out a blood curdling scream.

Agent: go sound the alarm!

Anders in a state of shock runs as the last thing she hears from the agent is his rifle firing before he lets out a scream. As she turns a hall she almost runs into firefly who was heading towards her location with a larger and more armed team.

Anders: oh thank god there are these things they they changed the others that went in with me and...

Firefly: doctor please calm down what exactly happened...

Before he can continue they hear the scream again. This time a large number of smaller forms starts moving towards them.

Firefly: open fire! Anders get back to the main camp and alert them.

As they start firing they quickly find that they are very resistant to their energy weapons.

Ooc: and now he’ll starts to break lose
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    *Dalos Alpha Prime, Alliance District, the next day. Karlie is engaged in another streetfight, this time against a Talarian girl. She ducks under a hook and throws an uppercut, knocking the Talarian back. Both are pretty battered, wearing bruises, cuts and scrapes. This time there's a small crowd watching. Unbeknownst to Karlie, Satin noticed her leaving home and when Karlie didn't show up at the gym came looking for her in the district (a move Satin knows Kara will tear her a new one for when she finds out). Satin is watching from the back of the crowd, biting her lip as Karlie gets knocked down by a blocked high kick. Karlie quickly scrambles to her feet and spears the Talarian into the wall, throwing an elbow into her face before throwing her to the ground. Karlie pants as she tries to recover, fuelled by adrenaline and aching all over her body. The Talarian tries to pick herself up, spitting out a little blood. Before she can get to her feet, Karlie kicks her in the face, knocking her out.

The crowd cheers as Karlie staggers back against the wall, catching her breath and smiling to herself from the rush of victory. The rush is amplified compared to the rush she gets from an MMA match: the raw physicality adds a whole new level - it ups the stakes.

After a moment to recover, Karlie turns to leave and sees Satin at the back of the crowd, staring at her. Karlie freezes, Satin's face just an expression of disappointment and a hint of betrayal. With a disappointed shake of the head, Satin walks away.

1 hour later, Kara's house. Satin walks in and drops her bag by the door, sitting next to Kara on the sofa, leaning forward on her elbows, conflicted.*

Kara: How was the gym?

Satin: Didn't go.

Kara: Why not?

*Satin sighs.*

Satin: K--...Mom... If you knew someone who was hurting themselves, and needed help, and they wouldn't listen to you... what would you do?

Kara: Hypothetically? It would depend. Do I know anyone who they would listen to?

Satin: Maybe...

Kara: Then I'd tell them. Stage an intervention. Make them confront the problem.

Satin: But... what if you'd already promised not to tell anyone?

Kara: I wouldn't make that promise.

Satin: Maybe they'd promised to stop.

Kara: Then they've already betrayed your trust... You don't owe it to them to keep your promise. You do owe it to them to help them.

*Satin nods, still looking conflicted.*

So what trouble's Karlie in?

Satin: How'd you--?

Kara: She's been round a lot lately. And you don't exactly have many friends, Satin.

Satin: Okay...

*Satin explains everything.*

Kara: Damn...

Satin: You're not mad, are you?

Kara: About you going into the Alliance District? I'm livid. But that can wait. What are you going to do?

Satin: I don't know... How am I supposed to tell Jess about this?

Kara: Do you want me to do it?

*After a moment, Satin nods.*

Okay.

*Kara kisses her on the forehead.*

You did the right thing, Sat'.

*OOC: What do you think?*
  • Options
    Ooc: really nice going to be interesting to see how this goes. Will get back to hell breaking lose on earth on the ruins shortly.
  • Options
    Anders makes it back to main camp where things have already started to fall apart as reports come in from all over the site of things attacking and mutating people. Echo is overseeing the security as they are getting ready to start transporting the remaining civilians away before setting charges.

Anders: do you have enough to destroy the entire facility?

Echo: at the very least it will destroy everything we brought and keep them from following us.

He turns as firefly joins them. He is severely damaged as he walks up.

Echo: good you made it. If we can hold them off a few more minutes we will be clear to detonate the charges.

Firefly nods as he directs Anders to a pad.

They start beaming the team away as they then hear the curdling scream.

Echo: all units ready weapons and fire at will.

As they start to attack it becomes evident quickly that they won’t be able to hold the position very long.
  • Options
    Carter is waiting in his office as his aide Lt. Drawsky walks in with his coffee. Drawsky was not quite his normal chipper self but Carter expected that as he had thrown off his normal routine.

Drawsky: sorry it took a little longer sir. They where busy this morning.

Carter: relax I’m willing to wait for a good cup of caffeine. Will you make sure to send this to castle base and see that Halsey and Holland get?

Drawsky: yes sir.

Carter hands him the padd as he leaves. Carter takes a long inhale of the steam coming from the cup before taking his first drink giving himself a moment of peace before getting back to work.

Carter: what’s the report on kilo 5

Tranquil: they are arriving in the sol system now. They should be able to report within the hour.

Carter: alright. Let Harper know we may have a situation if things are really that bad down there.
  • Options
    OOC: Out of curiosity, how do you think the situation between Satin and Karlie is gonna go?
  • Options
    Ooc: well from the last one I would expect she is going to tell someone what the other one is doing and she is going to get upset but hopefully in the end will understand why she did what she did.
  • Options
    Alpha site.

Anders is waiting as a few moments later Echo and Firefly both beam you the site as well.

Anders: what are we going to do? Can they get here to?

Echo: I don’t know doctor but we are going to make damn sure they don’t get past here.

As they are talking kilo 5 beams down.

Anders: oh thank god

Corvus: Doctor we need a sit rep now.

A few minutes later they are in a temporary command center as security teams are setting up a defense perimeter.

Anders: direct energy weapons don’t seem to be as affective on them though.

Corvus: well it’s a good thing we don’t use weapons like the federation isn’t it. Naomi I want you to start handing out PAC rifles to anyone who wants to use one.

She nods as she leaves the room.

Firefly: this location has only one entrance to the site. Right now it’s currently sealed by a number of force fields we placed but we can assume they won’t hold for long. Destroying the facility is also out of the question. We don’t have the explosives needed to even dent the alloy this place is made of.

Novack: can we at least collapse the entrance?

Firefly: not with what we have. We also don’t know if they can get out from other areas.

Echo: we need to alert starfleet and the federation council.
  • Options
    OOC: I hope West's still okay. It's been quiet again.
  • Options
    Ooc: agreed kinda want to wait till he is on again to let our little buggers make it out of the ruins.
  • Options
    Ooc: well I will hit another angel while I wait a bit

Xanatos is at his main starbase looking over research reports and the current state of the galactic markets. As he is doing so he receives a communication on his terminal.

Xanatos: this is xanatos

Carter: we need to talk.

Xanatos: well I was wondering if you forgot about me it had been awhile since I’d heard from you.

Carter: no I hadn’t but we have a new problem. One that you could make some money from while helping us out.

Xanatos: I’m listening.

Carter: seeing as UNSC production isn’t yet to full strength I need you to fill a emergency order.

Xanatos: of?

Carter: I need 2 million PAC rifles and pistols and a large order of Merisha combat armor.

Xanatos: that’s a lot of weapons and armor. Your going to need to tell me what’s going first.

Carter: a developing situation on earth.

Xanatos: and how soon do you want this order filled by.

Carter: within the month.

Xanatos: it’s going to be costly. I don’t normally produce your type of weapon but I could. How much are you willing to pay?

Carter: if you can complete the torrent on time 75 million credits.

Xanatos: alright I’ll get my teams started right away then.

Carter: glad to hear it.

As the channel closes Xanatos leans back in his chair while sending the proper orders out.

Xanatos: hm something big is going down.
  • Options
    OOC: I'll be honest with you guys. I'm starting to feel like Riker in 'Frame of Mind'. The UK is effectively on lock down for at least the next 3 weeks.
  • Options
    Ooc: oh yikes man! Nothing like that here yet really. We are suppose to limit going out and not have groups of ten or more but that’s about it. Stay safe and stay well!
  • Options
    UNSC capital

Lang is in a meeting with a large group of senators and military officers. Carter having briefed them on the situation at the earth site.

Harper: we don’t have the military resources to deal with something on that big of a scale currently. We simply don’t.

Senator Orn: and what are we going to do? If those things make it off of earth and into the federation they will almost certainly spread into the entire galaxy.

Senator Tarson: we can effectively seal most of our space but that will take time.

Lang: we aren’t going to isolate now. We all came together to defeat the undine and we will do it again. I will not leave an ally to deal with this alone.

Harper: ma’am with all due respect we don’t have the resources right now to fight something like this.

Lang: then I suggest we find a way to make it happen. I’m open to suggestions people.
  • Options
    logang19 wrote: »
    UNSC capital

Lang is in a meeting with a large group of senators and military officers. Carter having briefed them on the situation at the earth site.

Harper: we don’t have the military resources to deal with something on that big of a scale currently. We simply don’t.

Senator Orn: and what are we going to do? If those things make it off of earth and into the federation they will almost certainly spread into the entire galaxy.

Senator Tarson: we can effectively seal most of our space but that will take time.

Lang: we aren’t going to isolate now. We all came together to defeat the undine and we will do it again. I will not leave an ally to deal with this alone.

Harper: ma’am with all due respect we don’t have the resources right now to fight something like this.

Lang: then I suggest we find a way to make it happen. I’m open to suggestions people.

OOC: Mind if I take someone in the meeting? An intelligence analyst maybe?
  • Options
    Ooc: feel free to
  • Options
    Halsey is at Castle base having gone over the data that they received from Kilo 5 already.

Holland: how bad is it?

Halsey: right now bad. I have no idea what they are but they seem to be some sort of parasite. They attach to the host nervous system and mutate them into what I would consider combat forms.

Holland: and how do we stop them?

Halsey: without having any bio data to analyze I can’t really say. I need a specimen.

Holland: I’ll get in touch with Kilo 5 and see what they can do. Anything else for me at the moment doctor.

Halsey: yes as a matter of fact. I think we should begin the augmentation process for the new spartan cadets. And change the process some as well.

Holland: I was afraid you would be saying that. I’ve already contacted the Hope and it’s ok it’s way here to give you a sterile and separate area to conduct it. Catherine are they ready for this? I mean truly ready? And are we ready for the consequences for the ones who won’t make it through this.

Halsey: you know as well as I do that we have run out of time. They know the stakes and how serious this next phase will be. We have ran out of time.

Holland: very well. I’ll speak with Carter when he returns from his conference with the president and the others. I’ll let you know once he returns.
  • Options
    Earth Alpha site

Corvus gets off the comm as he walks to the rest of his team.

Corvus: listen up we just got new orders. We are to bring one of those things back for ONI to be able to study and hopefully find a way to stop.

Novack: well as if our jobs whereby hard enough already. Let’s add to it eh.

Naomi: well we never said our jobs would be easy now did they.

Corvus: so get ready. The three of us will retrieve a specimen for them while Orion remains here to protect Anders. Once we get our specimen we dust off. Sorry but that’s what we have to do. We can leave the weapons and gear here if it helps.

Firefly: it will thank you.

Corvus: lock and load then we head into hell in 15.
  • Options
    UNSC capital

Intel Analyst Ryan Jackson: The Federation have industrial replicators, correct? We could provide them with the schematics to mass produce our ballistic weapons and distribute them to their own forces.
  • Options
    Carter: are we comfortable giving that info to anyone? It’s not something we have done yet with any of the Milky Way powers.

Lang: get comfortable with it. I want them ready to be sent so that any of our allies will be able to create them if needed. Well that’s a start any other ideas people?

Ooc: going to figure out how exactly the republic will find out still.
  • Options
    UNSC mobile medical station Hope. Halsey has finished double and triple checking everything that they had prepared already. The systems where as ready for the young cadets as they could be. She stopped a moment before she prepared to walk into the room beyond to speak to the cadets before they would go through the augmentation process. She knew some wouldn’t make it and the rest that did would most certainly now be called on to fight and likely die. She takes a deep breath before walking through the doors where the 300 of them all stand to attention when they see her. She lets a small smile cross her face as she stands there a moment.

Halsey: at ease everyone. You all know what’s going to come now. The hardest part of your short time here. I would have preferred if we could have waited longer taken more time but that isn’t an option now. The risk and dangers facing us are to great to afford any of us that luxury. But you all have the hardest road ahead. The greatest risk is yours. The highest sacrifice is yours. You all are some of the strongest and brightest we have. Our future our survival will depend on you. The sacrifices you will be asked to make are great. But I will do my very best to supply you with the tools you need to accomplish those missions and return home. Good luck.

They all stand as they head toward the surgical floor where the process will take place. Halsey tried her best to hold back her tears as they walk out. A few moments later.

Tech: ma’am we are ready to start.

Halsey takes a deep breath before opening her eyes now full of resolve.

Halsey: alright let’s begin.
  • Options
    Ooc: really gone quite hasn’t it.
  • Options
    Ooc: really gone quite hasn’t it.

OOC: I've not got much to do until West comes back. Even the Karlie angle intersects with his characters soon (although only peripherally, I can manage without him). As far as this swarm goes, the Republic will probably be told by the Federation as soon as the Federation find out.
  • Options
    Ooc: yeah well will probably give it a little bit then and see if he gets in or not.
  • Options
    Earth
    Corvus and the two with him slowly and silently make their way deeper into the ruins as they search for a specimen to tag for transport to take back for ONI to study.

Novack: god that smell is awful it’s getting past the filter.

Corvus: focus. Stay alert.

As they keep walking they come up on the main site to find it in shambles.

Corvus: secure the area quickly.

The three make sure the area is secure before regrouping.

Naomi: you think they went back into the lower levels?

Corvus: no I think they are a lot closer then that. I think we are being watched. I’m willing to bet whatever this is has some level of intelligence.

Novack: great just what we need.

Corvus: wait look at that.

He points to a dark corner where there appears to be something on the ground.

The three slowly walk closer weapons at the ready. They discover it is a partial body of one of the creatures.

Corvus: that will have to be good enough for ONI. Tag it for transport

Naomi walks over placing the tag as the prowler in orbit beams the remains to a secure area on the ship.

Corvus: Orion we have what we need and are headed your way. We depart once we get back.

Orion: understood I’ll be ready and waiting.

Corvus: let’s move double time before they decide to attack again.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,219 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »
    Johanna: Come on, I'm not going to let you go now. *she smiles before giving Mila a quick peck on the lips, trying to pin her in place*

Serah: A prank? Really. *She sighs and takes Karen back into their room*

Susan: Oh she is going to be pissed.

*Mila gets one leg behind Johanna's and attempts to sweep it out from under her and take her to the floor.*

Mila: Fine by me, babe.

*Tora Ziyal. Karen is fuming, before growling in anger.*

Karen *angry*: Daya!

*Susan and Daya's Quarters.*

Daya: You don't know what I did yet.

Johanna: Hey! *She tries her best to hold her ground but her stance isn't too good right now.*

Serah: Yeah she seems like the likely culprit.

Susan: I know you though. *She boops her nose* and I know you would do something to TRIBBLE her off.

*Mila takes her down and tries to pin her.

Tora Ziyal.*

Karen: I'm going to kill her!

Daya: True. *Boops her nose back*. I reprogrammed the EMH emitters in their Quarters to simulate a palukoo when Karen got dressed after her shower. *Smiles cutely.*

OoC: Sorry, I've been sick the past few days. nothing serious though.

Susan: Oh I'm sure she enjoyed that. *she rolls her eyes while laughing*

*Johanna tries to roll them over quickly*

Serah: Ohhh that might be a bit extreme. Maybe just go for a maiming.

*Karen humphs in aggravation and sits down on the bed.

Susan and Daya's Quarters. Daya laughs with her.*

Daya: She's gonna kill me, isn't she?

*Pegasus Prime. She succeeds, Mila trying to lock a body scissors as they roll.*

OOC: No problem man. Glad you're okay.

OoC: Sorry, my town is on a semi lockdown with a semi curfew (You can go out for food and supplies but they'll fuss at you if you go to a friends house or something, I've been busy preparing stuff and running errands)

*Johanna doesn't give her the chance for very long, doing her best to keep the stalemate going*

Susan: You think? *She raises an eyebrow*

Serah: Maybe lets do something and calm down a bit?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    Johanna: Come on, I'm not going to let you go now. *she smiles before giving Mila a quick peck on the lips, trying to pin her in place*

Serah: A prank? Really. *She sighs and takes Karen back into their room*

Susan: Oh she is going to be pissed.

*Mila gets one leg behind Johanna's and attempts to sweep it out from under her and take her to the floor.*

Mila: Fine by me, babe.

*Tora Ziyal. Karen is fuming, before growling in anger.*

Karen *angry*: Daya!

Daya: You don't know what I did yet.

Johanna: Hey! *She tries her best to hold her ground but her stance isn't too good right now.*

Serah: Yeah she seems like the likely culprit.

Susan: I know you though. *She boops her nose* and I know you would do something to TRIBBLE her off.

*Mila takes her down and tries to pin her.

Tora Ziyal.*

Karen: I'm going to kill her!

Daya: True. *Boops her nose back*. I reprogrammed the EMH emitters in their Quarters to simulate a palukoo when Karen got dressed after her shower. *Smiles cutely.*

OoC: Sorry, I've been sick the past few days. nothing serious though.

Susan: Oh I'm sure she enjoyed that. *she rolls her eyes while laughing*

*Johanna tries to roll them over quickly*

Serah: Ohhh that might be a bit extreme. Maybe just go for a maiming.

*Karen humphs in aggravation and sits down on the bed.

Susan and Daya's Quarters. Daya laughs with her.*

Daya: She's gonna kill me, isn't she?

*Pegasus Prime. She succeeds, Mila trying to lock a body scissors as they roll.*

OOC: No problem man. Glad you're okay.

OoC: Sorry, my town is on a semi lockdown with a semi curfew (You can go out for food and supplies but they'll fuss at you if you go to a friends house or something, I've been busy preparing stuff and running errands)

*Johanna doesn't give her the chance for very long, doing her best to keep the stalemate going*

Susan: You think? *She raises an eyebrow*

Serah: Maybe lets do something and calm down a bit?

Karen: Good idea. *She smirks, grabs Serah's collar, and pulls her down onto the bed, wrapping her legs around her and kissing her. Fade.

Susan and Daya's Quarters. A short while later, Lorren arrives (this time wearing something more closely resembling a kit). She glares hatefully at Susan, tensing up.*

Lorren *angry*: Ready, b****?

*Pegasus Prime. Mila grunts, locking the scissors but struggling with Johanna's weight on top of her combined with Johanna's own strength and technical skill. Johanna feels Mila's hand press against her in a couple of different places, Mila searching for any kind of opening.

As much as their match is getting intense, it's clear from the smirk on Mila's face and the exact tone of her quickened breathing that she's having fun. And that she has no intention of having to wear a bikini for the rest of the day, as much as the idea does secretly sort of appeal to her.*
  • Options
    Ooc: it’s all good man as long as your staying safe and well.

Earth
    Designation Point Rain

Harrison walks into the make shift command center they have assembled.

Echo: there hasn’t been any movement yet since we fell back here.

Harrison: any idea why?

Firefly: no not yet. But we also don’t know how far or if there are other exits from the facility that have now been opened.

Harrison: so we could have already lost containment?

Echo: it is possible sir. We can’t rule that out at this point.

Harrison: alright. Get me the president. Inform him this is priority Omega Black. We need to inform him that we could have already lost containment on earth itself.