test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interesting idea for Picard related content.

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Which as soon as Star Trek V came out, was instantly nullified.
    latest?cb=20110114182359&path-prefix=en
    Full blood Vulcan with a beard.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Also remember that any relatively minor changes in the game are at this point easily explained - Butterfly Effect from our messing around with Krenim temporal technology during the Iconian War, the same way Noye became radicalized when his wife ceased to exist.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I said that earlier that it now makes sense why they closed the Jarleth Patrol months ago. And all the people stating that they would need to rework his appearance. Ha, were you fooled, just need to replace him with someone else.

And while they're at it just kill off some of
    the NPCs we interact with. No need to worry about whether they are SAG, no VO, just blast them away or blow them up.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

True, that was a weird outlier, but then again it was a weird farcical romp done by the movie division anyway so personally I would not read too much into it since afterward they seemed to go back to the beardless "space elf" type. Since movies are traditionally one-shot things they tend to use visual shorthand for characters, and that character has the right look for the functional trope even if he is definitely an atypical looking Vulcan.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,110 Arc User

Mirror Soval (Full Vulcan) in ENT had a Beard too.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    even if we accept the elf/seelie/unsleeie tie in, something I suspect is just fan speculation over thinking things, even among elves our depictions of them are incosnsitant. the strongest "elves do not have beards" bit tends to come from Tolkien, and he wasn't 100% consistant on that eaither

Mirror Soval (Full Vulcan) in ENT had a Beard too.
    So does Narek, the Zhat'Vash agent aboard the cube.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Well as we know there could be an infinite number of Universes each one unique in Star Trek Lore where many are similar with the same people, but different outcomes and possible paths possibly even unique reality quirks that don't work in other universes. For example Augment Blood being able to resurrect the dead that could be a unique quirk of the Kelvin Reality. There could be a reality where Supernatural beings like Vampires Witches and Zombies exist could be another example of a possible quantum reality. So there is many differant possibilities for alternate realities and different universes.

Star Trek Discovery/Picard timeline they are a prime timeline show from what they tell us however the two shows could be put in their own unique Prime universal reality that isn't the same as the other tv shows, I decided to nickname this the Nano Tech Universe. The major thing about this Universe or Reality is how advanced everything is. But also most notable robots/androids and other ai tending to go bad and cause Mass Havoc and even destroy sentient life on mass scale. . This universe and the choices made likely led to the federation going down a Darker Path and the opposite of how it is in the Sto Universal timeline.

So there is several official or unofficial but official or universes. This is what they should do here is classify them in different quantum realities. Nano Tech, True Prime, Kelvin Timeline Prime, Kelvin Nanotech Timeline. Sto Timeline and then the Kirk and Destiny Universes.

Nano Tech Universe Prime- Differences in this quantum reality is the evolution or outcomes altered the way many of the races looked compared to their True Prime counterparts. Plus the advances in AI, Robotic Technology, Holograms are far more advanced where the federation takes a darker turn and later likely loses vision to its original purpose this is the reality where Control destroys or could destroy all life. This is the Dis/Pic reality where the shows take place. Another difference is the Romulan Sun is destroyed instead of Hobus and don't line up with the Kelvin timeline Movies and intended canon for the Kelvin timeline.

True Prime- Ent, Tos, Tng, Voy, Ds9 and Movies events leading up to Destruction of the Hobus and the comics that lead to the events of Hobus and Kelvin Timeline Prime.
    Kelvin Timeline Prime- Created by Spock and Nero after the Destruction of Romulus comes from True Prime plus Kelvin Comics those comics are canon to the official movies and explains the events that led up to it. Sto uses the Kelvin comics in their backstory quite heavily.

Kelvin Nano Tech Timeline- would be similar to Kelvin Prime but follows the Destruction of the Romulus Star and the events of Discovery and Picard instead of True Prime this reality might remain the same in other factors such as Vulcan being destroyed biggest difference is there isn't a Klingon Federation war during the time period where Discovery would be taking place. Because of how things would have been so altered. However the ship Discovery and the other factors like Control would still happen in some form in this reality likely do to the Destruction of Vulcan. Meaning Michael Burham and the Discovery could happen. Picard Show and Comics should be considered canon to this theoretical Reality. Like the Nano Tech timeline it likely also goes into a darker turn for the federation.

Sto Timeline- Mixes various concepts from multiple realities but follows its own course. This universe unlike Nano Tech goes to a brighter future where the federation doesn't become Isolationist they are more accepting and following the Gene Vision mixed with Ds9 type warfare. My advice for the devs here is when you do the very far future or include it. Do it the opposite of the Nano Tech reality.

Where the Federation basically rules all across the galaxy or something. Instead of being very weak and smaller down to six member worlds. However still have control as a threat that we will have to help face and defeat as our hero captain is the most unique in being able to get the job done. So allowing us to go to the 33rd Century and facing off with Control. Or something and defending the Capital of the Federation maybe Earth or maybe could go New Romulus. New Romulus being the one of the core reason's why this could become a possibility so that could be a good reason for it being the Federation Capital of the 32 or 33rd Century. Plus it would allow us to see what has been done with New Romulus in all that time.

Destiny Universe and the Kirk Novelverses- the Kirk universe is where he is resurrected by the Romulans after the events of Generations. The Destiny Universe is where the Borg Collective is dissolved and no longer exists. A Sto Novel actually covers the Destiny Universe as being one of the timelines or quantum realities.

I would treat these as different possible realities and for good reasons. Each one is unique and each one differs from the other. However outcomes and people are similar but not the same. They could even look and sound different from their other multiverse counterparts. Explaining the reason why Nano Tech Spock does not look like Kelvin Spock and he doesn't look like True Prime Spock and each one looks and sounds different. So Diverging realities could mean diverging paths for Dna.

Post edited by thevampinator on
    That's a whole lot of headcanon. Now pull it back a little.

"Prime Canon" (a term I'm coming to dislike, due to the religious implications of the word "canon") has been defined by CBS as what's on TV and in movies. They have defined the movies since ST09 as being in an alternate reality; however, ENT, DSC, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, PIC, and the TOS and TNG movies are all in one timeline. STO is a possible future of that timeline, but like the novels is not "canon" in the sense that anything else out there has to pay the least bit of attention to what goes on here.

And most of us, I think, can avoid getting hung up on who "looks like" whom. I mean, Kor in TOS:"Errand of Mercy" looks nothing like Kor in DS9:"Once More Unto the Breach", and nobody says boo about that - why start trying to figure out "why" Spock in DSC, who is at least ten years younger than the Spock in TOS, doesn't "look like" his elder self? You might as well start coming up with headcanon on why TOS Spock doesn't look like the old Spock in the TOS movies.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited March 2020
    jonsills wrote: »
    That's a whole lot of headcanon. Now pull it back a little.

"Prime Canon" (a term I'm coming to dislike, due to the religious implications of the word "canon") has been defined by CBS as what's on TV and in movies. They have defined the movies since ST09 as being in an alternate reality; however, ENT, DSC, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, PIC, and the TOS and TNG movies are all in one timeline. STO is a possible future of that timeline, but like the novels is not "canon" in the sense that anything else out there has to pay the least bit of attention to what goes on here.

And most of us, I think, can avoid getting hung up on who "looks like" whom. I mean, Kor in TOS:"Errand of Mercy" looks nothing like Kor in DS9:"Once More Unto the Breach", and nobody says boo about that - why start trying to figure out "why" Spock in DSC, who is at least ten years younger than the Spock in TOS, doesn't "look like" his elder self? You might as well start coming up with headcanon on why TOS Spock doesn't look like the old Spock in the TOS movies.

Your right it is more head canon and I do know about this of course yes Canon is what Cbs says is canon or not Its always been more the tv shows and movies nothing else. However lore covers the concept very much and makes its possible that it could be in another universe or universes.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Parallel_universe
    A parallel universe, also called a parallel reality or alternate universe, is a self-contained universe running concurrently with the prime reality. (VOY: "Deadlock", "Flashback")

There are different types of parallel universes. Some are separate dimensional planes. Some of these planes are governed by completely different physical laws, while some duplicate the primary universe closely. Some parallel universes exist within subspace, while others exist as completely different quantum realities.
    There are an infinite number of alternate quantum realities, one for every possible outcome of any event that occurs. Each reality has its matter resonating on a unique constant quantum signature. Quantum universes were separated by barriers from one another. Although each universe was separate, they had a similar past until the particular diverging event occurred. (TNG: "Parallels")

Think of an event for a football game where one team or the other team won, there would be a reality dedicated for mutliple outcomes of that foot ball game. Say examples team one wins, in another universe team two wins. So for every outcome there is a universe.

Now that does not mean Star Trek Online can't be altered to run more like the Picard show in terms of its lore. However that would require remaking most of the romulan questline maybe keep the basics as the republic part. But retcon their entire back story and many of the quests including the Klingon Quest involving Mars and the iconian war arc and the destruction of Romulus which Sto covers quite heavily.

Fed Faction storyline would have to be reworked to be in a crippled state like the show Picard not sure how crippled it is not watched it yet but given the importance of the Mars Yards to the Federation, the major Klingon Federation war story arc might need to be reworked. Mars is a vital Federation Facility and crippling it does deal a heavy blow to the Federation War Machine as it constructs and repairs their ships for the front lines that is why J'mpok has the Klingon Player target it. However we never actually destroy it. What they did to the Mars and the Facilities in the new show well that is not very good for the Federation at all it would leave them in a heavily crippled state that would take several years to recover from. They could add in some elements of the new lore like adding in actual opposition to the treaty that gives Romulans access to all their ships and uniforms most likely.
    What makes Picard so not compatible with Star Trek Online.
    Mars
    Hobus star system nova being tossed out.
    Androids/artificial life forms, holograms and other artificial life or creations and their rights to exist got banned or something like that. All those cool cybernetic/synthetic lifeforms like exocomps and other creatures might even not be allowed to serve starfleet or could even be shut down.
    I'm guessing Holograms like The Docter could be targeted by this as holograms like the doctor can become Sentient and might pose a threat. They would count as a type of synthetic person and given the problems they could cause I would think they would go out of their way to wipe out sentient holograms as well or shut them down. With such a policy wonder if Picard will touch up on Sentient holograms like the Doctor. W

Star Fleet/Federation becoming more xenophobic and isolationist and turning dark in nature do to the events and hatred still fuming towards the romulans and synthetic beings from what I'm understanding going by what I read. I doubt Cryptic will give up the more Idealistic future and high morals Starfleet faction and federation that everyone should sign onto they have been building up for a while. Canon seems to be making it go the exact opposite turning the Federation Utopia more into a dystopia and by the time of the 32 or 33rd century it would have lost a lot of power and has to be revitalized from what I'm understanding one Short Trek even had the Federation become an evil faction far in the future that was being fought against or maybe it wasn't not sure but the V'Draysh seem to be a far future version of the federation and I'm guessing the Federation turned evil was the intent but not sure on that one.

If they were to rework the lore and the game to account for Picard. Star Fleet wouldn't be as idealistic but seem more sinsister at best or maybe evil at worse.. That would leave the republic as the only good morale faction and they might have to heavily edit it. Kdf is more anti Hero to hero but the closest faction we can be to being a villain faction in the game. Because the way the federation is heading canonically is not in a good spot. However that is for the story so characters can fight for the Federations Values. When its losing grips on them. I doubt Cryptic is willing to go all out on such a storyline especially one that makes the Federation seem bad. Unless it takes place in the 33rd century that is.

However could add in some Picard stuff or work in the storyline following the Hobus and Sto path. Making it officially an alternate reality from the Prime timeline while still having Picard stuff. Picard will likely be treated like the Kelvin timeline if they do have us go over there and do stuff. But I would prefer if they didn't and just added the stuff they could work into the game without having to retcon and rework most of the game's storylines. It would be much easier. Plus if they kill any canon characters off in Star Trek Picard they could still use them for Sto going this route. I've not watched the series yet but I've read up on it and plan on watching it at some point.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
    edited March 2020
    Well an idea of what they could do is tie in at least the Zhat'Vash and have a tie in helping them defeat a very big bad AI they can't manage to beat by themselves. Given they are proto Tal Shiar a power that is even secret and legends to the Tal Shiar. Given the Tal Shiar is the go to Romulan main bad of Sto. They could do the Zhat'Vash while also avoid making them villains in Sto like they might be in Picard and make them more like a force trying to stop a AI Apocloypse. Maybe explaining it by the First Red Angel tasking them with this some time many years before Romulans became Romulans and still were Vulcans. In the far distant past as an attempt to Stop Control. As I doubt Control is dead.
    Control I think was based on another concept that has been in the Beta lore. But was made official except Canon Control might not be shackled by https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Uraei.

Going by Memory Beta Control was thought to be destroyed but come on we all know how that goes and well nothing they do can really destroy it as it always finds some way to hide and in networks and computers and software it could lie anywhere. Got to destroy every trace every computer core or system that could hide it. Subspace communications it could possibly spread if the communication acts a lot like networking. It could transfer from person to machine and get very creative with its hiding spots to avoid detection. So they could and should do a lot more with Control.

As the threat is not over, not even close its just prevented from getting fully sentient do to the Sphere Data but the sphere data would have also given it data to the point it could possibly plan and execute the extinction of every technological advanced race or planet that has been scanned that had sentient life all it had to do was prepare for the mass killing of every sentient being. It would know all the weaknesses and biological weaknesses from the data. Given Control was blocked from getting all of it. It wouldn't be able do that. However that does not make it any less of a threat. Advancements in Artificial intelligence could become a threat if something like Control got their coding on it and if it got the data to become sentient another way. So that is another type of tie in they could do.

Hmm they could somehow involve Tal'Mera into it and maybe have her be a member that we have to help stop Control. That would make an interesting storyline. Because surely Control could be explored with a focus on a good guy version of the Zhat'Vash because clearly a threat like that can't be defeated that easy. Skynet always finds a way in the Terminator franchise, Well so does Control. I think seeing AI Cthulhu/Skynet at work would make a great storyline plot for Sto. All we need is a good Sto Npc like Tal'Mera and we are all set. They could even involve Kyla VanZyl and the Ferengi that like to blow things up Leck and tell a very remember able storyline using those three npcs while avoiding using any other discovery characters but only using 25th century npcs for this storyline and the big bad of season 2 of discovery that is.

260px-Tal%27Mera.png?version=a0570a560534f76c6b9156bc637c8076
    260px-VanZyl.png?version=07b47ec0c7c0f5863e592ddc5b2e4cfe

maxresdefault.jpg
    Vs
    screen-shot-2019-02-27-at-5.33.29-pm-e1551318935155.png
    dsc-208-trail-mbvision-3-bigsquids.jpg

edited March 2020
    even if we accept the elf/seelie/unsleeie tie in, something I suspect is just fan speculation over thinking things, even among elves our depictions of them are incosnsitant. the strongest "elves do not have beards" bit tends to come from Tolkien, and he wasn't 100% consistant on that eaither

I was not suggesting that the Vulcans and Romulans actually are elves in the canon of the show or some other official connection (though some novels definitely have gone that route, not that it means anything to Trek canon).

Instead, I was referring to the shorthand Hollywood uses to quickly get ideas across (and movies, since they usually have to do all the worldbuilding and storytelling in an hour or two, use it the heaviest). Those tropes exist (there is even a website that identifies codifies and sorts them, or as much as they are actually codifiable into a static definition at any rate) and their existence is on a cultural level in the storyteller and viewer realm, not the realm of canon or corporate IP or whatever.

All writers tap into them in some way whether they realize it or not, though they are not completely universal (which is why some people get confused watching foreign films), the shorthand has a large element of cultural reference so is often different to some degree in different cultures (and to a lesser degree different times).
    People are also forgetting the WORDING used didn't specifically name a star. Just called it the "Romulan" star. No specific name given. It could still be Hobus, which is in Romulan territory, which would make it a Romulan star.

I think the reason they're not specifically identifying Hobus is because it was never identified in canon as being Hobus specifically. Unless it was in a Comic that was declared canon, but then retconned somehow. In the 09 movie, Spock said that a star would go supernova. But he didn't say which one. But he further explained that he was trying to save the Romulans, which indicates it is a star in Romulan territory. Which falls under the blanket of "the Romulan star" that went Nova.
    With all of Star Trek under one umbrella again, we're able to actually explore that a bit more now, and Picard is basically showing the aftermath of that supernova.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited March 2020

I was not suggesting that the Vulcans and Romulans actually are elves in the canon of the show or some other official connection (though some novels definitely have gone that route, not that it means anything to Trek canon).

Instead, I was referring to the shorthand Hollywood uses to quickly get ideas across (and movies, since they usually have to do all the worldbuilding and storytelling in an hour or two, use it the heaviest). Those tropes exist (there is even a website that identifies codifies and sorts them, or as much as they are actually codifiable into a static definition at any rate) and their existence is on a cultural level in the storyteller and viewer realm, not the realm of canon or corporate IP or whatever.

All writers tap into them in some way whether they realize it or not, though they are not completely universal (which is why some people get confused watching foreign films), the shorthand has a large element of cultural reference so is often different to some degree in different cultures (and to a lesser degree different times).

right and my point is that even if they where sticking 100% with the tropes (I am familer with TVtropes.com) which they likely weren't, it'd not be the first time elves have had beards. proably the master of all things elven was JRR Tolkien, who basicly defined modern fantasy elves. and is certainly the source of "elves can't have beards" thing is, he wasn't consistant at this.
    LOTR outright has an elf described with a beard, his name was Ciradan

IMHO the best thing about Picard though is they're finally fleshing romulans out. we really didn't see eneugh of them previously, so far 7 EPISODES of Picard has given us more info on them then 7 SEASONS of TNG did,
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    but is any of this flesh being taken from diane duane?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    but is any of this flesh being taken from Diane Duane?​​

I would rather she keep her flesh. Thank you very much. ;)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.

it would seem the language is differant. using her material may actually be LEGALLY difficult, depending on the nature of the contract she signed when she did her books. that and by doing their own thing they can do as the plot necessitates

it would seem the language is differant. using her material may actually be LEGALLY difficult, depending on the nature of the contract she signed when she did her books. that and by doing their own thing they can do as the plot necessitates

Language difference doesn't necessarily mean a lot, the Romulans have been mentioned in throwaway dialog to have three different dialects or languages, along with Vulcans, Orions, and a few others who are specifically said to have more than one. Since so far they only feature one of the three in canon material so far Rihannsu could very well be one of the other two if they ever decide to do it (and if there are no legal snags).

There probably is not a lot of difference in the official Romulan between the previous and present series either, the Romulan language developed for PIC uses the random stuff from the various other series along with some Vulcan as a (rather small) base so it should sound at least reasonably like the stuff from TNG, DS9, or whatever, and interviews with the language's designer indicate that it is meant to be the same one from those previous series.
    really any language is just going to be made up to provide internally consistant sounds etc. (and make things sound fun for the fans) really given what we know about Romulan culture, their cultural preferance for secrecy etc, the Romulan language is proably INCREDIABLY complex, and nuanced. with differant words and phrases having entirely differant meaning based on all sorts of subtle nuances. I'd not not at all suprised if numerous "Secret tongues" existed etc.
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    The less content from Picard, the better.

As of now, agreed. Buut we could have 7 of 9 go on a murder spree...
    awlaforge wrote: »

even if you dislike Picard there are some elements of the show you'd have to admit have some potential for cryptic to adopt.

1: New ships - at the very least we see some new romulan ships that I imagine will pop up in game. Romulan players have, rightly, been complaining of a bit of neglect so a handful of new romulan ships would be good.
    2: New Orginizations
    2A: the Quwat Milat. - a group of romulan warrior nuns with a perchant for lost causes whom are noted for opposing
    the Tal Shair. they'd fit right in with the Romulan Republic and I could see them being used for a story arc, possiably
    allowing them to toss in a second romulan reputation
    2B the That Vash - even if cryptic ignored everything that happened in Picard the idea of a secret romulan cabal within the tal shiar whose principal guiding aim was opposing synthetic life. there's a LOT they could do with this, including some wacky stuff like having to help the EMH doctor figure out "who the mysterious groupo trying to kill him is" etc

3: status of certain character we've not yet seen. - no reason not to say Will Riker is retired on Nepenthe, they can always drag him out of retirement (ala Bashir) if they ever get Frankes for a voice role. (seems doubtful as he's mostly a director now a days but maybe Picard's given him the itch again)

4 new characters - I doubt we'll see any of the main cast from Picard pop up, but we could see bit characters. if they could get her as a regular voice actor, I could see them replacing Quinn with Clancy.
  • causalityeffectcausalityeffect Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    Picard is garbage. It has no place in Star Trek let alone the awful task of trying to weave it into STO.
    It is bad enough trying to fit Discovery into the Star Trek lore after the abysmal attempts to retcon some of the most contrived rubbish into the franchise then handwaving the continuity with 'it was all a big secret' and time travel shenanigans.

Each episode of Picard is doing increasing amounts of damage to the lore of Star Trek in ways that will not integrate into STO.
    Seven of Nine, Icheb and Hugh are already prime examples of his.

The next episode has already shown that Seven of Nine is about to get wasted. How do you propose they include that... turns out we never met 7 or STO is going to have to radically alter dialogue to change the character.
    Turns out she was from a different universe... we already have ships from different times and unvierses fly around.

If you are going to go down that route... fine.
    STO should just accept that it has decided that continuity is irrelvant and they are following their own story. Now we can go back to Wolf 359 or have the Dominion War because... different universe, does not matter anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

even if you dislike Picard there are some elements of the show you'd have to admit have some potential for cryptic to adopt.

1: New ships - at the very least we see some new romulan ships that I imagine will pop up in game. Romulan players have, rightly, been complaining of a bit of neglect so a handful of new romulan ships would be good.
    2A: the Quwat Milat. - a group of romulan warrior nuns with a perchant for lost causes whom are noted for opposing
    the Tal Shair. they'd fit right in with the Romulan Republic and I could see them being used for a story arc, possiably
    2B the That Vash - even if cryptic ignored everything that happened in Picard the idea of a secret romulan cabal within the tal shiar whose principal guiding aim was opposing synthetic life. there's a LOT they could do with this, including some wacky stuff like having to help the EMH doctor figure out "who the mysterious groupo trying to kill him is" etc

3: status of certain character we've not yet seen. - no reason not to say Will Riker is retired on Nepenthe, they can always drag him out of retirement (ala Bashir) if they ever get Frankes for a voice role. (seems doubtful as he's mostly a director now a days but maybe Picard's given him the itch again)

4 new characters - I doubt we'll see any of the main cast from Picard pop up, but we could see bit characters. if they could get her as a regular voice actor, I could see them replacing Quinn with Clancy.

Well the Qowat Milat would be a nice addition to the game. They could even be a mini alternate start origin for the Romulan faction. Given Lore Wise only females could be actual members of the group. Because they are an Order of Romulan Warrior Nuns. They could even make it so only Female romulans could be created in such a faction. However maybe it would be best i they added in their outfit in the C-Store. Maybe add their swords as a in game reward. However I'm sure they are something Cryptic will Introduce to the game for a Picard Storyline.

I do think we will see Picard Characters, they have managed to get several Discovery actors including the Lead Actress for Discoverys Main Character Michael Burnham. However I appose them replacing Quinn with Clancy. Plus they won't for the same reason why they won't kill off Quinn, D'tan or J'mpak. They are vital for to many questlines. They would have to rework every one to include Clancy plus I think Clancy would'nt play ball with the Romulan republic and possibly would even not allow them to join up or serve Starfleet. I think she would be more like T'nae. Plus Picard could possibly kill her off we don't know yet as their is a conspiracy. So I don't think they will involve her.

There could be a chance they include Dr Agnes, Elnor, or Nerak. They have brought back Seven of Nine using her Picard Version. So she is one of the First Picard Characters and does have a working relationship with the Devs of the game. Hopefully Laris and Zhaban. However they could possibly get Commodore Oh and Chris Rios maybe even Dahj and Soji Asha. They won't get all of them however they would be able to get some Picard actors for sure. I'm sure we will see some of them not sure about Stewart. They could get Picard however that might take some negotinations but given Patrick has voiced video game characters before I'm sure Cryptic could get him. Don't know about Data that might be a really hard sale to get ahold of.
    So there is many possibilities of how they could do it.

Given how the Tal Shiar potrayed in this game. It might be hard to do the Zhat Vash/Tal Shiar Storyline. As the Tal Shiar are the main bad guys for the Romulan faction in game. Given what they are willing to do and what the Zhat Vash is trying to prevent. Zhat Vash would be the lesser of the two evils and actually I think that would turn the two against one another. Zhat Vash exists to prevent situations where all life in the galaxy is eliminated guess what the Iconians want to do well either enslave or wipe out all other species in revenge so they would be a Zhat Vash enemy plus they use AI probes. So they would be a threat the Zhat Vash would oppose. Given their mission is to prevent anything that could wipe out all life in the galaxy. They are not exclusive to working in just Romulan territory they operate beyond all treaties to prevent situations like Control. I'm guessing they started working in the Federation after the Events of Discovery and have been involved in the Federation Affairs for a long time.

Hence they work on hundreds of worlds and also within the federation itself. The organization likely predates back to the time of Vulcan before Romulans were Romulans. Existing before the Romulan Exodus most likely or sometime after it. The reasoning for this could be anything but I think will be explained in the Picard show. Sadly Hugh helping his friend was serious enough to ruin their work to stop the AI apocalypse they fear is coming. Even though Narissa is Evil she does care enough to the larger outcome. So the idea is they take this threat very seriously was enough for her to punish Hugh like she did. :( Zhat Vash maybe evil but work towards a greater goal for what they feel is for the greater good. So they operate a lot like Section 31 except maybe less in the way of morals getting in their way. They are more the survival of the whole means the sacrifice of the few maybe even their own race comes last to this mission.

well every good evilo bad guy needs an understandable motivation. I mean... that's honestly the under current of it all "... what if they're RIGHT?!"
    edited March 2020

Well the Qowat Milat would be a nice addition to the game. They could even be a mini alternate start origin for the Romulan faction. Given Lore Wise only females could be actual members of the group. Because they are an Order of Romulan Warrior Nuns. They could even make it so only Female romulans could be created in such a faction. However maybe it would be best i they added in their outfit in the C-Store. Maybe add their swords as a in game reward. However I'm sure they are something Cryptic will Introduce to the game for a Picard Storyline.

I do think we will see Picard Characters, they have managed to get several Discovery actors including the Lead Actress for Discoverys Main Character Michael Burnham. However I appose them replacing Quinn with Clancy. Plus they won't for the same reason why they won't kill off Quinn, D'tan or J'mpak. They are vital for to many questlines. They would have to rework every one to include Clancy plus I think Clancy would'nt play ball with the Romulan republic and possibly would even not allow them to join up or serve Starfleet. I think she would be more like T'nae. Plus Picard could possibly kill her off we don't know yet as their is a conspiracy. So I don't think they will involve her.

There could be a chance they include Dr Agnes, Elnor, or Nerak. They have brought back Seven of Nine using her Picard Version. So she is one of the First Picard Characters and does have a working relationship with the Devs of the game. Hopefully Laris and Zhaban. However they could possibly get Commodore Oh and Chris Rios maybe even Dahj and Soji Asha. They won't get all of them however they would be able to get some Picard actors for sure. I'm sure we will see some of them not sure about Stewart. They could get Picard however that might take some negotinations but given Patrick has voiced video game characters before I'm sure Cryptic could get him. Don't know about Data that might be a really hard sale to get ahold of.
    So there is many possibilities of how they could do it.

Given how the Tal Shiar potrayed in this game. It might be hard to do the Zhat Vash/Tal Shiar Storyline. As the Tal Shiar are the main bad guys for the Romulan faction in game. Given what they are willing to do and what the Zhat Vash is trying to prevent. Zhat Vash would be the lesser of the two evils and actually I think that would turn the two against one another. Zhat Vash exists to prevent situations where all life in the galaxy is eliminated guess what the Iconians want to do well either enslave or wipe out all other species in revenge so they would be a Zhat Vash enemy plus they use AI probes. So they would be a threat the Zhat Vash would oppose. Given their mission is to prevent anything that could wipe out all life in the galaxy. They are not exclusive to working in just Romulan territory they operate beyond all treaties to prevent situations like Control. I'm guessing they started working in the Federation after the Events of Discovery and have been involved in the Federation Affairs for a long time.

Hence they work on hundreds of worlds and also within the federation itself. The organization likely predates back to the time of Vulcan before Romulans were Romulans. Existing before the Romulan Exodus most likely or sometime after it. The reasoning for this could be anything but I think will be explained in the Picard show. Sadly Hugh helping his friend was serious enough to ruin their work to stop the AI apocalypse they fear is coming. Even though Narissa is Evil she does care enough to the larger outcome. So the idea is they take this threat very seriously was enough for her to punish Hugh like she did. :( Zhat Vash maybe evil but work towards a greater goal for what they feel is for the greater good. So they operate a lot like Section 31 except maybe less in the way of morals getting in their way. They are more the survival of the whole means the sacrifice of the few maybe even their own race comes last to this mission.

Actually the Zhat Vash would click into place in STO very easily as someone sending agents back to infiltrate the Tal Shiar as a backup plan in the Iconian war (there are several possibilities for the details of that), or they could do it as either one of Burnhams "domino" hunts with the Red Angel suit trying to preemptively get rid of Control or a side effect of one of the attempts.

As for PIC characters imported into STO, Cryptic may be waiting to see who survives the first season...
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Not sure all the alliance stuff and picard are all that compatible.

I really hope they develop the alliance more, the Khitomer was a success and I'd like to see more cross faction content like that
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,110 Arc User
    As for PIC characters imported into STO, Cryptic may be waiting to see who survives the first season...

That shouldn't make much of a difference (who survives)...between time travel, hologram simulations and Excalbians, Cryptic can bring any character (who's actor is willing to do V.O.) into the game. Hell, we got 'Prime Lorca' into the game (voiced by Jason Issacs himself) - and said character actually never appeared in ST: D (he was just mentioned) - and probably died offscreen somewhere. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    That shouldn't make much of a difference (who survives)...between time travel, hologram simulations and Excalbians, Cryptic can bring any character (who's actor is willing to do V.O.) into the game. Hell, we got 'Prime Lorca' into the game (voiced by Jason Issacs himself) - and said character actually never appeared in ST: D (he was just mentioned) - and probably died offscreen somewhere. ;)

I think I heard something about Issacs saying he'd be interested to come back, which means Prime Lorca may have a chance to come back somehow. We know for a FACT Mirror Lorca is dead. The ultimate fate of Prime Lorca, while implied, is still up in the air. After all... The Emperor never questioned Burnham about bringing a dead man before her. To me that says Prime Lorca's still out there somewhere in the Mirror Universe.
  • cylus566cylus566 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    some cross faction Klingon, Romulan and Starfleet Uniforms would be nice.
This discussion has been closed.