What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    10th Anniversary Legendary Starship Bundle stats release date Monday Feb 10th. Ships available Thursday Feb 13th. Takes a rough look at the 10 ships. Nah... I can't afford the pack.

Monday 10th was only when the last two sets of ship stats were released - the TOS and DSC Connies. The rest were released in batches of two in the preceding days and weeks.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    or Livestreams (where they talked about the stats)

To be fair on this point the livestreams have been constantly crashing the past few weeks, so I wouldn't blame anyone for missing info from them. When I go to check the VOD and see several short ones instead of one long one, some just a minute or two in length, I'm tempted to not even bother watching cause it's hard to tell if it's going to be worth the time.

I'm not so good (or willing, rather) to track what this or that Dev might have said in a thread somewhere at Reddit, but I always watch the livestream... except not live. :p Usually a week later or so, when it's just a recorded vid (with just chat replay).

I have reddit, Twitter, Twitch, Facebook and this forum, yeah, is a lot. Once i programmed an app for my phone (windows phone), that did that for me, but Windows Phone is no more :disappointed:

I'm in the same boat regarding Windows Phone. I had planned to buy some Android phone when I learned the news last year, but then another week goes by & rinse & repeat. Here I am still with my Windows phone plodding away, but I do plan to switch lol
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    or Livestreams (where they talked about the stats)

To be fair on this point the livestreams have been constantly crashing the past few weeks, so I wouldn't blame anyone for missing info from them. When I go to check the VOD and see several short ones instead of one long one, some just a minute or two in length, I'm tempted to not even bother watching cause it's hard to tell if it's going to be worth the time.

I'm not so good (or willing, rather) to track what this or that Dev might have said in a thread somewhere at Reddit, but I always watch the livestream... except not live. :p Usually a week later or so, when it's just a recorded vid (with just chat replay).

I have reddit, Twitter, Twitch, Facebook and this forum, yeah, is a lot. Once i programmed an app for my phone (windows phone), that did that for me, but Windows Phone is no more :disappointed:

I'm in the same boat regarding Windows Phone. I had planned to buy some Android phone when I learned the news last year, but then another week goes by & rinse & repeat. Here I am still with my Windows phone plodding away, but I do plan to switch lol

I already have one with android, very good, BTW, but i'll have to start from scratch with my STO app, and i really dont have the time to do that now, consolidating every single tread of information is really practical for this game. Anyway, i'll love to get the Glenn, just the skin, or the ship, no consoles, no nothing... ohhh i wish
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    chrisf0001 wrote: »
    We were actually taking about that, the other day, in chat, how there's litterally NOT A SNGLE ship in the bundle for the Klink. If you think about that, it's a bit absurd, really. Sure, there was no Rom ship in it either, but who cares, right!? I can still use all the Feds ships. An anniversary bundle, of all events, I feel should have been a wee more Faction-inclusive.

Personally I'm just worried that another bundle will show up with the counterpart KDF ships. I mean, I'd like a Disco D7, but I'm not made of Zen...

Well, some people hope for such a package, because the want some of these ships available at Tier 6 and don't want the Promo/Lockbox ship route that would only be a character purchase and be just as expensive.

But I think that will not happen. if KDF or Romulan ships would sell as well as Federation ships, we would see at least some KDF or Rom stand-alone ships from time to time. But I think the last time that happened was the Legacy of Romulus pack. And an expensive pack like this only really works if it contains stuff a lot of people really, really want, not just a few people.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

I still got mine, but giving end of support and all, I moved on to an iPhone. Still kinda miss the tiles... But my Lumia 950 has gotten a bit old, my new phone is definitely snappier.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    lilbro35lilbro35 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    the ships on the c store are extremely overpriced. much in there has been for a while now. the event reward ships are not worth getting anymore. i think they should do something about it. not fair to those who cant spend 200 USD on a ship pack.
  • Options
    lilbro35lilbro35 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    10th Anniversary Legendary Starship Bundle stats release date Monday Feb 10th. Ships available Thursday Feb 13th. Takes a rough look at the 10 ships. Nah... I can't afford the pack.

But wait. Zen sale announced Thursday Feb 13th. Numbers are now looking significantly better. Zen sale ends 0900 PST Monday Feb 17th. Four days of zen sale.

Yup, it's completely normal to compare and assess 20 ships (legendary & their counterparts) as well as some new traits in 4 days. No rush at all :smile:

At least one well know redditor who did some reviews on these ships mentioned something about significant sleep disruption :wink:

not many can afford it.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    lilbro35 wrote: »
    the ships on the c store are extremely overpriced. much in there has been for a while now. the event reward ships are not worth getting anymore. i think they should do something about it. not fair to those who cant spend 200 USD on a ship pack.
    not many can afford it.
    Affordability is always going to vary from person to person according to budget and perceived value.

There's no way I could afford the non-legendary versions of these ships. There's no way I could afford another Tier 5 Colony in a secondary fleet at $200 per sub-tier just to get from Tier 4 to 5. There's no way I could afford another ship bundle anytime soon. Perhaps others could.

I have friends who pay $15 usd per month to pay for subscription games. Others pay for content expansions. I understand that up front is much harder than paying by the month.

I don't play other games but am told STO's free to play model is pretty good and tend to agree. In 2019 I got three free event ships and two free Tier 6 ship coupons in exchange for some of my time.

I don't think C-store prices are out of line. They haven't gone up like my grocery or gas bill either. Are there still ships that I'd like to purchase? You bet. They come out with new ones all the time. Can I afford them right now? No, but I can try and save up for them over time.

Being a business, ship sales help pay for the staff and servers.

For this bundle in particular the sale price of 1950 zen per ship was out of my price range. The Zen sale brought that down to less than 1500 Zen per ship that was just in my price range. Am I satisfied I received value for my purchase? Absolutely. Would I have been disappointed if I didn't purchase the bundle? Perhaps. But staying within my own budget is job #1.

Be thankful you don't have a significant other that you didn't tell about your purchase and then they found out after the fact. Just one day after my own purchase she demanded 5X the bundle price, had a break down of sorts, and then left the house for the week.

My pickup truck will be back from the shop this Friday.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »

I'm sorry...but can get a c-store ship for FREE every month playing 1 hour a day is overpriced? Yeah I know, SOMEBODY paid for that zen...but the game is set up in a manner where YOU don't have to. Like at all. And doing something for like 5-15 min a day for 20 days to get an event ship which is a top tier item that can do ANYTHING in this game...for FREE is not worth getting...okay. And not fair because you can't get this 200 dollar pack? That has NOTHING in it that beats the best c-store ship for performance in this game...much less the best ship period. Yeah a few of the ships are good...but NOTHING in this game pushes the power curve of this game in any meaningful manner.

I have to agree, the current Event ship for one.. is pretty good. Set it up with a Phaser based DHC build and it can rip anything in this game.

We have had 2 events already that awarded any C-Store ship the player wanted (except new release) absolutely free. And there are plenty of hard hitting ship in the C-Store like the Gagarin, Vanguard Warship, Arbiter, etc. Those ships are pure overkill and we have already had 2 chances to get any of them.. free.

They also allow in game currency (dilithium) to be converted to Zen so anything can be had by just playing the game. Yes, if you have 1 character only it will take forever.. but guess what? They also frequently gives away character slots so you can make alts.

Yes, I think the Legendary Pack was a but overpriced for me.. obviously I am wrong because the player base has bought them up. Even though I am not getting the Bundle, this game still has.. BY FAR.. the most generous free2play model of any game out there right now and it's not even close.

I see the value in the mega pack.. it's just not a good value to me. Doesn't change the fact that this game is still massively easy to get things you want with little to no money.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    So, one heads up guys, the Legednary crossfield (proably the normal one too) has a visual bug if you're using the Bajor defence shields and have the visuals enabled.

Crossfield seems to have trouble with ANY enabled shield effects, whether they be vanity or actually equipped shields. Tried putting the Emperor's Vanity shield on it for my mirror-Disco... the registry on the hull turned into a big grayish block.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »
    > @doctorstegi said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I be impressed if you could name one which is pretty good and why cause i tested them with fleet mates and they are all lackluster.

The Intrepid. Sorry, but it IS good.
    Forget the 'Warship' thing - as a SCI ship using exotic as a primary source of damage dealing it's hard to beat. Six EPG boosting Science consoles make it a powerhouse in terms of pure Sci power.

We were talking about Starship Traits if you don't take the time to read the whole thing don't bother to answer.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Would have liked to see the KDF and Romulan Republic get some love in this pack.

I'd have had the B'rel and D7 as the KDF legendaries, and the D'deridex and T'Liss as the Romulan legendaries.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Would have liked to see the KDF and Romulan Republic get some love in this pack.

I'd have had the B'rel and D7 as the KDF legendaries, and the D'deridex and T'Liss as the Romulan legendaries.

Many have the same sentiment! Seems 1 or more at Cryptic don't have much respect for Klingon or Romulan hence the always taking a backseat.

I by no means think this Legends bundle was perfect, but for myself it is darn good & I wasn't too thrilled about it initially. I hope Cryptic just doesn't toss leftovers & afterthoughts into a possible Klingon &/or Romulan bundle but it is a big if Cryptic even does a faction bundle nowadays beyond Federation.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Many have the same sentiment! Seems 1 or more at Cryptic don't have much respect for Klingon or Romulan hence the always taking a backseat.
    >
    > I by no means think this Legends bundle was perfect, but for myself it is darn good & I wasn't too thrilled about it initially. I hope Cryptic just doesn't toss leftovers & afterthoughts into a possible Klingon &/or Romulan bundle but it is a big if Cryptic even does a faction bundle nowadays beyond Federation.

It's well known in game atleast that Geko, one of the people who can sign off on designs has a strong distaste for many klingon ships. We never got the D5 despite it being requested a fair amount because of how much Geko hates that ship
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Ok according to STO Facebook it sales the sale on these ships runs until 2/27 but I just was in the game and it says the sale ends in 3days 6 hours 52 minutes there is no way that adds up to 2/27 according to Cryptics own Facebook post
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Ok according to STO Facebook it sales the sale on these ships runs until 2/27 but I just was in the game and it says the sale ends in 3days 6 hours 52 minutes there is no way that adds up to 2/27 according to Cryptics own Facebook post

I'm pretty sure that just a few days ago the in-game timer said it would last 20 more days.

What is going on here?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure that just a few days ago the in-game timer said it would last 20 more days.

What is going on here?

I saw that myself but on the actual pack it says different
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Sale?? Any News Blog.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Sale?? Any News Blog.

It’s the legendary ship pack
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    No, I meant ANY News Blog they release will more than likely have an error or ambiguity in it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I wish the sale was until until the 5th of March I'm going to miss out on the Leg Bundle at its discounted price this time due to not having time to refine enough dil. Can't drop real money on it at present as I'm just a poor boy.

Refining 288000k a day 2016000 a week earning at current dilex ratio 460/1 4382 zen every 7 days. If only the Defiant/Galaxy and Sovereign were sold separately
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I wish the sale was until until the 5th of March I'm going to miss out on the Leg Bundle at its discounted price this time due to not having time to refine enough dil. Can't drop real money on it at present as I'm just a poor boy.

Refining 288000k a day 2016000 a week earning at current dilex ratio 460/1 4382 zen every 7 days. If only the Defiant/Galaxy and Sovereign were sold separately

Hopefully they will do a 5 ship bundle at some point with an introductory price of $120 or just eventually sell them separately. I would like the Intrepid, DSC Connie, and TOS Connie and all of their skins. Hopefully we get a cross-faction one as well with a TOS KDF D7, TOS Romulan D7, VoQuv, and Federation B'Rel.
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    westmetals wrote: »
    Two much more minor disappointments: that there was not a Legendary Excelsior with a less rigid BOFF layout, and that there was not a Legendary Ambassador.

Neither of which appeared in the episode. But thinking about it, considering we had almost every other Enterprise in that episode, they should have. The only problem that would spring to mind would be what to skin them as, since both already have variants in the 25th century... unless we want to draw flames on the engineering hulls or some such, heh.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    If it least, had access to LtC Tac abilities, a scitorp build could step up to Torp Spread III. That could be done by switching the LtC seat to either the Tac or Uni seats.
    Well yeah, I found it disappointing how it using the same 1x LtCom and 3x Lt boff seating as the Pathfinder, I would've turned the universal Lt into a second LtCom seat and lowered either the tac or sci Lt boff seat to ensign.
    Two much more minor disappointments: that there was not a Legendary Excelsior with a less rigid BOFF layout, and that there was not a Legendary Ambassador.
    Yes but at least the Ambassador we got has very good boff layout and full spec temporal, however the Ambassador was not a Hero ship. But yes it is a shame we didn't get the excelsior and instead got two different Enterprises.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    If they ever release most of the legendary pack in bits and pieces I imagine the ships missing would be the crossfield and the conny, maybe they could release a legendary excelsior as part of the mix as well.
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »

What is going on here?

Classic Cryptic. No really, this is so common, we pretty much expect things like this. We are actually shocked and surprised if a sale actually has no errors in it.

You made it sound like I'm new here :/:p
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    I know errors are common, but this is the first time I've actually seen a sale end much earlier than what was advertised in the C-store itself.

And it's not just a few days off, more like two weeks or so.

This discussion has been closed.