test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you want to see from Star Trek: Section 31?

Comments

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,523 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    lordgyor wrote: »
    During that period Georgie had her hands full with Control.

Look there is no way the series , and it's a series not a mini-series or they would have said so by now can fit in that time frame.

There is a tiny chance its set in the future, but much more likely Georgio travels back in time for some reason.

Control only became an issue in Project Daedalus which is in episode 9 of Season 2. Before that, Georgiou had Section 31 missions that were completely unrelated to destroying Control. So there is plenty of time for Georgiou to have her own miniseries especially if she is not travelling all over the galaxy like Discovery.

As far as it being a series or miniseries, we have no idea how long it will be or where it will be. All we know is that Georgiou was part of Section 31 before it was destroyed by Control and we have only a limited amount of information about her time there. There is only the possibility that it will be set during Season 2 of Discovery just like there is only the possibility of it being set between Discovery and TOS or in the 24th Century. However, it is likely that when it happens is unimportant since Section 31 "occupies an area of the Trek universe that's never really been explored geographically." So if it takes place in another reality or galaxy, then it doesn't matter when it happened. All anyone of us can say is that we will know more after Season 3 of Discovery.

It is also a strong possibility that it happens after DSC season two, rebuilding S31in the aftermath of Control. In fact, that situation would pretty much clear the decks for Georgiou by eliminating most of the pre-existing upper echelon.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    During that period Georgie had her hands full with Control.

Look there is no way the series , and it's a series not a mini-series or they would have said so by now can fit in that time frame.

There is a tiny chance its set in the future, but much more likely Georgio travels back in time for some reason.

Control only became an issue in Project Daedalus which is in episode 9 of Season 2. Before that, Georgiou had Section 31 missions that were completely unrelated to destroying Control. So there is plenty of time for Georgiou to have her own miniseries especially if she is not travelling all over the galaxy like Discovery.

As far as it being a series or miniseries, we have no idea how long it will be or where it will be. All we know is that Georgiou was part of Section 31 before it was destroyed by Control and we have only a limited amount of information about her time there. There is only the possibility that it will be set during Season 2 of Discovery just like there is only the possibility of it being set between Discovery and TOS or in the 24th Century. However, it is likely that when it happens is unimportant since Section 31 "occupies an area of the Trek universe that's never really been explored geographically." So if it takes place in another reality or galaxy, then it doesn't matter when it happened. All anyone of us can say is that we will know more after Season 3 of Discovery.

It is also a strong possibility that it happens after DSC season two, rebuilding S31in the aftermath of Control. In fact, that situation would pretty much clear the decks for Georgiou by eliminating most of the pre-existing upper echelon.

If Georgiou stayed in the 23rd Century with Tyler, then I would agree with you. However, she went to the distant future with Burnham. Therefore, for her to take over Section 31 after Discovery left for the future would require travelling back to the past. Having Georgiou making a cameo in Picard would certainly be interesting since if Georgiou is sent back to the past, then she could be in any time period not just the aftermath of Control.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It is also a strong possibility that it happens after DSC season two, rebuilding S31in the aftermath of Control. In fact, that situation would pretty much clear the decks for Georgiou by eliminating most of the pre-existing upper echelon.

This seems the most likely .
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    I want to see Section 31 dissolved by Starfleet Command and its members brought before the Federation Council.
  • Options
    I want to see Section 31 dissolved by Starfleet Command and its members brought before the Federation Council.

Section 31 might be a cockroach that never dies. Everyone knew about Section 31 in Discovery while hardly anyone knew about it in DS9. So if Section 31 has its members brought before the Federation Council, then it will be during the Picard era or later.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Section 31 might be a cockroach that never dies. Everyone knew about Section 31 in Discovery while hardly anyone knew about it in DS9. So if Section 31 has its members brought before the Federation Council, then it will be during the Picard era or later.

No they didn't. Everybody who wasn't the crew of DS9 knew who S31 was and nobody on Discovery knew who they were until Pike and Burnham passed it around the senior crew.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »

No they didn't. Everybody who wasn't the crew of DS9 knew who S31 was and nobody on Discovery knew who they were until Pike and Burnham passed it around the senior crew.

There was a Section 31 guard with the black and silver badge on Discovery when Burnham first boarded Discovery. So Discovery's crew would know about Section 31 before Season 2. Section 31 had its sticky fingers on Discovery since the beginning.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    At the end of Discovery s2, Tyler is given command of S31. Its possible that he decided to take S31 deep out of sight to try and prevent another Control situation, eventually evolving into the shadow organization we know in DS9.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    https://www.space.com/star-trek-section-31-discovery-filming-schedules.html

Some interesting info on both Section 31 and Discovery.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    At the end of Discovery s2, Tyler is given command of S31. Its possible that he decided to take S31 deep out of sight to try and prevent another Control situation, eventually evolving into the shadow organization we know in DS9.
    Hard to say, it's not really well documented. We barely know anything about it outside Discovery.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

There was a Section 31 guard with the black and silver badge on Discovery when Burnham first boarded Discovery. So Discovery's crew would know about Section 31 before Season 2. Section 31 had its sticky fingers on Discovery since the beginning.

Why would they? They'd know there's people with different badges but they're wearing the same division colours as everybody else. Unless you already knew the black badge was Section 31 you wouldn't know the people with black badges were in S31.

It's not generally known to the lower orders the black badge is S31, Ash didn't immediately tie them together despite having heard rumours of them. Pike does as he recognised The Emperor's badge with no prompting. Again perfectly compatible with S31 in DS9 and the KT, higher ups already know of them and people that don't need to have either not, or only rumours.

S31 in DS9 is not 'deep out of sight', it's out of the site of the crew of DS9. It's not a 'shadow organisation' either, it has it's own ships, chain of command within Starfleet, and goes around actively recruiting people with no attempt made to stop them talking.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    A cancellation announcement.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    > @starswordc said:
    > A cancellation announcement.

Booooooo .
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Tbh I'd be more interested in a series set completely in the Mirror Universe than a Section 31 series.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    NOTHING.

I HATE and DESPISE Section 31....to me, it stands against everything in Trek, and Gene's vision.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    starswordc wrote: »
    A cancellation announcement.

*fist bump*
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options

Yep, I wanna see Section 31 get the Nuremberg treatment.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Honestly, I'd rather they just didn't, and instead got Anson back and (re)launched a TOS show that is quite happy to deviate from the established timeline. It was mentioned on several occasions in S2 Discovery that the future isn't set in stone, and I'd be quite happy for them to deviate and start their own little timeline. There have already been an ample number of temporal paradoxes in Trek, what's one more?

If the S31 show does go ahead though, I'd like to see it dark and gritty, rather than over sexualised; you don't need nudity to tell a story. I wouldn't mind some involvement of the Tal Shiar, maybe even the early Obsidian Order? Seeing as the show would be Black Ops and such, the Orion would likely come into play at some point due to their business.
    when Georgiou was around, Ash Tyler having to deal with the aftermath of Control...
    I have a feeling we might see the aftermath of Control since Gerogiou has to come BACK from the future to be the lead.
    We're assuming that the S31 show will take place in the TOS era, and not in the 32nd Century...

To be fair, Discovery was a unique vessel, what with her spore drive and everything else that was going on at the time. It's possible S31 simply placed an operative (or an overseer) aboard to keep an eye on things; the crew wouldn've been informed, but they'd likely have all been sworn to secrecy.
    I HATE and DESPISE Section 31....to me, it stands against everything in Trek, and Gene's vision.
    Presumably you don't think much of DS9 either? The latter half of that show didn't exactly measure up to Gene's vision either.

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    flash525 wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd rather they just didn't, and instead got Anson back and (re)launched a TOS show that is quite happy to deviate from the established timeline. It was mentioned on several occasions in S2 Discovery that the future isn't set in stone, and I'd be quite happy for them to deviate and start their own little timeline. There have already been an ample number of temporal paradoxes in Trek, what's one more?

If the S31 show does go ahead though, I'd like to see it dark and gritty, rather than over sexualised; you don't need nudity to tell a story. I wouldn't mind some involvement of the Tal Shiar, maybe even the early Obsidian Order? Seeing as the show would be Black Ops and such, the Orion would likely come into play at some point due to their business.
    when Georgiou was around, Ash Tyler having to deal with the aftermath of Control...
    I have a feeling we might see the aftermath of Control since Gerogiou has to come BACK from the future to be the lead.
    We're assuming that the S31 show will take place in the TOS era, and not in the 32nd Century...

To be fair, Discovery was a unique vessel, what with her spore drive and everything else that was going on at the time. It's possible S31 simply placed an operative (or an overseer) aboard to keep an eye on things; the crew wouldn've been informed, but they'd likely have all been sworn to secrecy.
    Presumably you don't think much of DS9 either? The latter half of that show didn't exactly measure up to Gene's vision either.

Not a Ds9 fan, either.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options

Not a Ds9 fan, either.

Not a Discovery fan either?
  • Options

Not a Ds9 fan, either.

Not even close.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options

Not a Ds9 fan, either.

Not even close.

Due to the massive presence of Section 31 in Season 2 or Discovery in general?
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    in fairness Gene's vision was ultimately "to milk this cash cow of mine" his optimistic vision is a bit hard to belive given his "TOS theme song TRIBBLE job"
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    and let's not forget the IDIC symbol debacle​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Now moving back on topic, to be brutally honest the one thing I'd like to see more then anyone else. is an announcement that this series isn't getting done. Not because I don't belive S31 has any place in star trek etc. but because I belvie it's place in star trek is best seen rarely. the more you see of it, the more you know it's inner workings and the less sinister and effective it appers. when we see section 31 achomplish something in say DS9. we don't see the machinations fully in play, we don't even know the original intent, so it appers much more terrifying. Much like how Jaws was most effective when we couldn't actually see the Shark, I think section 31 is most effective the less we know about it. My fear is a S31 series will do to S31 what Voyager did to the Borg
  • Options

Not a Ds9 fan, either.

Not even close.

Due to the massive presence of Section 31 in Season 2 or Discovery in general?

That's one part...the rest are unlikable characters, tribbling over cannon, and bad writing, etc.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    Does anyone have anything actually constrictive to add?
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    I’d like to add that we should wait to see what the show is about before we TRIBBLE all over it. I like that they’re taking chances and not every show is gonna be set on a just another ship with just another crew.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.