Install Arc

▦ ▦ ▦ BORG LOCKBOX ▦ ▦ ▦

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Normally I would wait for the stats but I can't see myself flying that. There is some interesting things in this box besides the ship at least.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Doom.
    It had to be said.
    Also, zero interest. Ships I stick with are those that I enjoy their look of. This isn't one of them.
    Where's the lobi ship?
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    I don’t like this idea DOOOOOOOM

I was just about to ask... are we finally allowed to create new DOOOM-threads now? :p
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Finally! A Lock box I have absolutely ZERO interest in! Can almost hear my credit card breathe a sigh of relief!

I'm interested in the costume, for my liberated chars... ships, unless is something interesting i dont think so. Energy weapons is also something i may be interested
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    Some of the new powers, like the ability to assimilate an enemy, should have been given to Liberated borg characters.

At least they would have an useful active ability trait then.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    What's truly amazing to me is that this is a lockbox and not a promo ship. For all the talk of Cryptic's greed, they would have made more money from a promo pack.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    nope
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    That's no ship. It's a space station.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I would love all it for my lib borg... if I had a lib borg.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I don't like the concept of a lot of those abilities. Forceful assimilation of enemies? That really sounds like a precursor of what could well have caused the Borg as we know them to exist in the first place.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Well... at least people can now get their Borg Suits if they want.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    I'd love to see a list of the new duty officers!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    If the Cooperative ever becomes a playable faction the I may want that ship for a new character, otherwise I have no interest. I suppose I could make another fed liberated borg character and pretend it's Cooperative, but I did that kind of thing once before with my Vorta delta recruit and got burned when the actual Dominion faction became playable (admittedly though that toon is better off Fed since Vorta are not a Dominion option for some reason and I don't want my Dominion captain to be a Jem'Hadar). A Cooperative faction would presumably have Borg UI and transporter effects, so I'll wait and see if that ever happens.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I don't like the concept of a lot of those abilities. Forceful assimilation of enemies? That really sounds like a precursor of what could well have caused the Borg as we know them to exist in the first place.

That's why they make sense as lockbox abilities instead of liberated borg abilities, or Cooperative abilities if that's ever a thing. They have a distinct Collective feel to them, so lockbox is where they belong.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Alright, folks, this happened at last!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wgUuIRvA-k
    *grabs the popcorn*
    Star Trek is at heart a vision of a positive future, where hard social work and brilliant technology have made life better—the opposite of the Borg
    *a good chunk of the tech in the box is about infecting and attempting to take over the enemy*
    /e slow_clap
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    game must be ending soon... no qube, sphere, diamond or any other geometric shape... =( Command Dreadnought... no pets right? no mini sphere borg fighters? wonder how much the duty officers would be... will they be VR or UR? Too bad no Bridge Officers in the gamble box.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    game must be ending soon...

I thought that was only if they released Cubes and stuff like that.

At least you know where the front is on this ship.

Honestly if we were ever to get a Borg Lockbox, I would have expected the Probe. But hey... Coop Flagship works too I guess.

My guess is that we're getting this Borg Box because its a tie in to TNG and Picard, and they don't have enough info on Picard stuff to give us more than just the uniforms right now. They could have done a TNG box, but most of what could go in one we already have. So go with the most well known TNG era enemy.

And honestly I wouldn't want Crusher's Lab Coat as a single character unlock.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I have no interest in gamble boxes.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I really enjoyed reading the fluff text. I never noticed the name of the writer of this blog before, if that is his first contribution, it's great.
    ”We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

The assimilated comms array broadcasts the message on repeat, diligently following its last directive even as a tractor beam drags the debris toward an Alliance vessel. The mood there is tense, the crew well aware of the risks. Understanding Borg technology is key to understanding the Borg, the assimilated species themselves, and possibly even to freeing them.

As a society grows, it must confront the dangers of its own technology. The industrial revolution brought global warming, the atomic age brought M.A.D., and today the services that connect us have splintered us into isolated tribes of alternative facts. The inconvenient truth is that we must adapt or perish. The Borg are a terrifying embodiment of the price of failure. Like a black hole formed from collapsing culture, they are a technocratic singularity, a walking point of no return. They challenge us to temper our technology with humanity, and to cherish what makes us different even as we grow together.

Star Trek is at heart a vision of a positive future, where hard social work and brilliant technology have made life better—the opposite of the Borg, and contrasted with other sci fi. Science fiction is often set in a dystopia. These warnings are often prescient and valuable, but it is harder to be for a vision of the future than against one. To seek the truth – the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based – requires vulnerability to change. It requires courage and decency in equal measure. When the hard moment comes, what will you stand for? Do you deserve to wear that uniform?

Blind to all this, the Lobi Consortium
    has been contracted to provide you with examples of reverse-engineered Borg technology in specially sealed lock boxes. They make it a point to not discuss details when clients indicate their cargo is a maximum risk factor. Given our lack of logistical options, we have been forced to accept discretion.
    An interesting, surprisingly deep philosophical introduction about the Borg, Truth, morality... And then the part with the Lobi-Consortium. Very self-aware, and very funny. I was literally laughing out loud.

Kudos to Jon "@20thCenturyFaux " Herlache!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    5 free keys per account... time to make a ton of new accounts =0
    An interesting, surprisingly deep philosophical introduction about the Borg, Truth, morality... And then the part with the Lobi-Consortium. Very self-aware, and very funny. I was literally laughing out loud.

Kudos to Jon "@20thCenturyFaux " Herlache!

I have to agree. The flavor text was very well done. I'd love to see more of this. Maybe even in game too.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    The outfits/cosmetics seem interesting. A number of things in the box look to me to be bordering on overpowered. Have to wait and see what the actual performance is I guess.
  • edxelledxell Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    The ship looks like it would work well for my Liberated Borg but I don't want to give up his APU cruiser.
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    If this is part of some "long game" plan where in everyone that uses those items ends up getting assimilated down the road and we have to fight assimilated versions of ourselves, then I'm all on board. *How would you do fighting your own Borgafied ship?*

If not, pass.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    As much as I dislike Lockboxes, I was just thinking about making a Borg Science Captain. The chief reason that I didn't was that there were so few decent Borg Parts. Well, that and the per-character-unlocks that are all restricted to my current character. This solves at least one of those issues.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It looks like this is Cryptic's response for the players asking for a Borg faction. Although, we did get a lot of Jem'Hadar ships before the Jem'Hadar micro-faction was released.
  • atlantis#9395 atlantis Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Last time i heard, Borg faction is next faction to come however no ideas when that'll be, and it might explain why there are no probes, spheres, cubes and such..
This discussion has been closed.