test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts on what you'd like for 10th Anniversary Ship?

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »
    Anything not from Discovery. :D
    I'm gonna guess we'll just get some C-store freebies of lower tier ships again. Which I'm fine with...assuming I didn't already buy them. They probably look to see what ships don't sell well and choose those. That's what I'd do. ;) Give free things and don't cut into too much profit.

Enterprise it is then. A new specialization NX class with enhanced BC, Xindi superweapon launcher etc.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    toddmillhousetoddmillhouse Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    I'm gonna guess we'll just get some C-store freebies of lower tier ships again. Which I'm fine with...assuming I didn't already buy them. They probably look to see what ships don't sell well and choose those. That's what I'd do. ;) Give free things and don't cut into too much profit.

Enterprise it is then. A new specialization NX class with enhanced BC, Xindi superweapon launcher etc.

No, I don't think another class that's been a Enterprise should be the next Anniversary ship. Given the Anniversary event will be Borg centric I think it's more than likely a ship that has something to do with the Borg. Either the Assimilated Science Ship from Enterprise, or perhaps a class we already have that has "Borg Enhancements" built in and a new console.

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

No, I don't think another class that's been a Enterprise should be the next Anniversary ship. Given the Anniversary event will be Borg centric I think it's more than likely a ship that has something to do with the Borg. Either the Assimilated Science Ship from Enterprise, or perhaps a class we already have that has "Borg Enhancements" built in and a new console.
    The theme of the Anniversary event has not been revealed. The borg event is a TFO event.
  • Options
    toddmillhousetoddmillhouse Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

The theme of the Anniversary event has not been revealed. The borg event is a TFO event.

I'm going by "Leaks" I've seen on reddit, which have said the Anniversary "Episodes" will be Borg Focused and will have an associated Borg Centric Lockbox to go with it. So it is all rumor but these leaks have been more right than wrong in the past.

• Options
    warpangel wrote: »

I'm going by "Leaks" I've seen on reddit, which have said the Anniversary "Episodes" will be Borg Focused and will have an associated Borg Centric Lockbox to go with it. So it is all rumor but these leaks have been more right than wrong in the past.

That's not anniversary. The third leg of the T6 coupon event is featuring the Borg.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    One that is highly unlikely but would be the most iconic alien ship that has no representation in the game at all is the first alien ship ever shown in Star Trek, the Fesarian clusterships. While the sphere configuration is not any more practical than a Borg sphere the pilot ship would be doable, and for that matter they could reskin the Suliban ships and maybe make a few systems layout changes to get something equivalent to a destroyer or cruiser easily enough.

Or they could just do the external skin of glowing spheres as an option to the Suliban ship and create the first ship that can from two different alien races depending on the skin selected.

In fact, the Suliban bridge would even work for it quite well since the amenities it has fit the Fesarian style to a T (drapes and overstuffed bridge couches would be a nice but unnecessary touch).
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    You'd need a really short captain - everyone from the Enterprise had to stoop over when they boarded the Fesarius, presumably because Balok's people are all about his size.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @toddmillhouse said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'm going by "Leaks" I've seen on reddit, which have said the Anniversary "Episodes" will be Borg Focused and will have an associated Borg Centric Lockbox to go with it. So it is all rumor but these leaks have been more right than wrong in the past.

1. It is against forum rules to publicize datamined "leaks" on this forum.

2. Lockboxes have jack to do with event rewards.

3. Any claims of accuracy in the aformentioned data mined leaks are exaggerated, their accuracy is about 1.5 percent better than blind random guess.

The "Leak" in this case is one that was on tribble that detailed the next part of the free ship token most of us are working on. It's nothing new that they've been putting stuff on tribble in advance.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options

We don't really have much left that can be brought in from Discovery as far as ships go, short of some unreleased Klingon ships. All of the Federation ships from Discovery are more or less in game.

• Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @vegeta50024 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > We don't really have much left that can be brought in from Discovery as far as ships go, short of some unreleased Klingon ships. All of the Federation ships from Discovery are more or less in game.

Well Discovery isn't over so we'll be seeing more ships from the show. Not to mention ships from Picard and Section 31 as well as possibly The Lower Decks.

> @vegeta50024 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The "Leak" in this case is one that was on tribble that detailed the next part of the free ship token most of us are working on. It's nothing new that they've been putting stuff on tribble in advance.

Then the post I was responding to makes no sense at all as the person was talking about rewards.

Yeah, I don't even know what that person is talking about, unless they think a revamp of some borg content counts as an anniversary event. I haven't even seen anything in regards to the anniversary other than that thanks to Magic Legends, STO: Legends isn't titled Legends anymore.

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    jonsills wrote: »
    You'd need a really short captain - everyone from the Enterprise had to stoop over when they boarded the Fesarius, presumably because Balok's people are all about his size.

Thoughts from The Man himself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP_1TjE_FFo
    :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    jonsills wrote: »

True, though since everything in STO except DS9 has oversized interiors a normal human sized character should do alright :D

Also, ships built for export could have taller deck heights.
  • Options
    rhazedurilerhazedurile Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    In the "ships you've been waiting for" category, I'm hoping:

T6 Heavy Cruiser (For my Constellation Class happy feels)
    T6 Oberth with "Grissom Class" 2410 update kit options (specific, I know, but I love that oddball little ship)
    T6 T'Liss (non lockbox in the C-Store)

For the anniversary ship, given that it's Voyager's 25th anniversary, I'll speculate the anniversary ship will be the Intrepid, or something related to Voyager.
    dZWjlSs.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

T6 Oberth with "Grissom Class" 2410 update kit options (specific, I know, but I love that oddball little ship)

For the anniversary ship, given that it's Voyager's 25th anniversary, I'll speculate the anniversary ship will be the Intrepid, or something related to Voyager.

We have the T6 version, in the c-store, the Temporal t'liss is the lockbox one.. you can use the T'Liss skin on the Malem
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    A chance to get account unlocks on past event ships, that I dont have for one reason or another, without having to waste millions in dilithium on phoenix boxes which are not account unlocks :).
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    > @jcsww said:
    > Do we have this thing that is posted on Twitter in the game yet?

Yes, it's one of the Miracle Worker cruisers.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    > @jcsww said:
    > Do we have this thing that is posted on Twitter in the game yet?

Yes, it's one of the Miracle Worker cruisers.

Interesting. I guess there are some C-Store ships I just overlooked over the past couple of years then. When looking through there earlier, I don't remember the Ferasan ship being released, among some others.
  • Options

That reminds me, i still have a stargazer sitting in Drydock. Used to be a really fun build with Picard maneuver. Perhaps i should take the lady out again and see how she performs in today's game.
    For the longest time that ship was the one i went back to after i occasionally flew some other ships. Kind of like with @reyan01 and the Nova.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2020
    Episode 442 of the Roddenberry Podcast at 2h 24m in if you listen, the Executive Producer suggested or hints of the Anniversary ship in https://priorityonepodcast.com/

Still we likely have at least 1-2 weeks to wait before we start hearing a bit more, possibly we may see a Roadmap for the next 6 months around the same time.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    I'd like an ex Borg cooperative ship ship. A unique new design.
    It would go great with my ex Borg characters
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    I recall a glimpse of a comment which version i was talking about when i mentioned the stargazer.
    It's this lady: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Cheyenne_Heavy_Cruiser_Retrofit

Visuals changed a bit with dakota hull and nacelles stargazer style. Took the lady on several dates in advanced RTFO's and she stunned the audience before blowing them up.

For layout the fleet version or the mirror universe version may be a bit better (more tac slots) but this lady is not a tramp.
    Play style she reminds me of the Reliant:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Reliant_Advanced_Light_Cruiser
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    i used to play a lot with the cheyenne before the T6 upgrade, and and that was funny.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I still want the ancient insectoid ship from TAS. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I would love a T6 Vo'Quv variant but for Dyson ships they are my most liked Sci ship types and its also a pity they dont have a T6 version(all factions). Add to it the fact that dyson sets too hardly "won" anything from the Tier 6 reps upgrade.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    I would love a T6 Vo'Quv variant but for Dyson ships they are my most liked Sci ship types and its also a pity they dont have a T6 version(all factions). Add to it the fact that dyson sets too hardly "won" anything from the Tier 6 reps upgrade.

I wouldn't mind a T6 one as well. I miss my purple Polaran carrier build.
  • Options
    Was looking at these two:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ranger_Temporal_Battlecruiser
    and
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Paladin_Temporal_Battlecruiser

Such a shame that to get the Ranger visuals on a T6 Temporal BattleCruiser you have to buy two ships.

A true T6 Ranger would be interesting.
This discussion has been closed.