test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on what you'd like for 10th Anniversary Ship?

Comments

• ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @jim625 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I wonder if it gonna be all the hero ships from the rd promo ships like t6 connie t6 discovery along with lobi and lockbox ships t6 nx01 t6 Kelvin connie and so on

> @foxrockssocks said:
    > Based on the large number of ancient ships we can fly of late, I would not be surprised if they give us the Enterprise CV-6, modernized replicas modified for space flight and fitted for space combat.

Nah, original HMS Enterprise...big wooden space galleon with broadside console! They can base it off of the winter ship with wooden shield effect and everything.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Nah, original HMS Enterprise...big wooden space galleon with broadside console! They can base it off of the winter ship with wooden shield effect and everything.
    Propelled by bridge officers blowing their own sails. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You mean like S.H.I.E.L.Ds HeliCarrier?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I would like to see a miracle worker Kelvin Vengeance Intel Dreadnought Cruiser with twelve console slots and two hanger bays and it would not hurt to have an extra lieutenant commander slot.

Ps with battle cloak.

you mean ENHANCED battle cloak
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Based on the large number of ancient ships we can fly of late, I would not be surprised if they give us the Enterprise CV-6, modernized replicas modified for space flight and fitted for space combat.

F-14 hangar pets would be sweet! =D

pretty sure F-14 was a fighter class in the old FASA game
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Based on the large number of ancient ships we can fly of late, I would not be surprised if they give us the Enterprise CV-6, modernized replicas modified for space flight and fitted for space combat.

Can see it now:

Captains, coming next season you too can take command of this Starship replica of the CV-6 Enterprise! Somehow, this replica will perform comparably to state of the art ships of today. You can now take command of the famous CV-6 Enterprise* and give the Borg a bad time by attacking with a full-on broadside from her replica 38 caliber guns and 20mm autocannons, or launching replica F6F Hellcat Tactical Flyer Squadrons!

* Only available in the 'Age of the Ocean' lock box. Odds have been readjusted to be even slimmer so you have even more fun opening them!

that isn't anywhere nearly as ridiculous as you imply it is, as several sci-fi shows have shown earth-faring vessels can easily be adapted for spaceflight - like doctor who with its replica of the Titanic in space or that one anime show (this same show also had plasma-firing WW2-era british aircraft in space too, so even the fighters could be done), Space Battleship Yamato or whatever it was called​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    i was thinking about including that, but those stukas weren't spacefight-capable though, were they? as i recall, the enterprise was in earth's atmosphere when it came under attack​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User

that isn't anywhere nearly as ridiculous as you imply it is, as several sci-fi shows have shown earth-faring vessels can easily be adapted for spaceflight - like doctor who with its replica of the Titanic in space or that one anime show (this same show also had plasma-firing WW2-era british aircraft in space too, so even the fighters could be done), Space Battleship Yamato or whatever it was called​​

Now, Battleship Yamato really WAS quite ridiculous! Tom Paris picking up an Earth car drifting in space, that was funny. Seeing an actual sea-faring ship in space, meant to be space ship, for realz, that was ludicrous. I sincerely hope Cryptic won't go there.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @meimeitoo said:

Oh lord don't get me started on just how impossible that bit on Voyager was. Exposure to vacum would have vaporized the gas, destroyed all engine seals, and many other things. There is no way at all for that scene to even be plausible.

Two implausibles don't make a plausible. At least the Ford truck stuff was fun. :) And if you want to go for the suspension of disbelief: the car was found there because of an alien race having transported it (and did god knows what with it to keep it preserved). As Janeway said, "I doubt there are many 20th century farmers driving around the Delta Quadrant."

None of which justifies the existence of the Yamato.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2019
    Seems some people in a few posts above have tried to use a bit of Humor. :o

*Picard Maneuver* -tugs jacket-

Still I think the 2019 Roadmap they last gave, likely point to a few new iconic ships, being available via different sources. Yet still the information in the Podcast from https://priorityonepodcast.com/ in episode 442 at 2h 24m certainly identifies they are trying to improve accessibility on perhaps a few of them!
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    What I would like?
    Some focus and improvements to small vessles gameplay. I would like to see some new shuttle/fighters, that offer a bit more than current shuttles and fighters.

It would be real nice to see another episode mission, perhaps involving a Shuttle or Runabout for sure!

We've had the Vault and Operation Gamma as missions, yet it's been so long and be nice to see a new Shuttle TFO, then perhaps you could offer a Random Small Craft Queue. Something I'm sure could be done, cause you don't see to many queue for Atmosphere Assault or the Vault Shuttle Event.

It would be cool to see several existing Small Craft retrofitted to offering a single specialization seat into the already existing offering. Some might even offer a refit at small ZEN cost to offer variation, perhaps even include a new Skin, and a variation on the Specialization or something else?

Love to see Small Craft with Ensign, or a Lt JG Pilot, Miracle Worker, or other Seats rolled out!

We've never seen a 31st Temporal Shuttlecraft inspired by the T6 Cross Faction ships; nor have we seen a Jem Hadar CSTORE Shuttlecraft for sure. Though I do believe a Mirror Temporal Shuttlecraft exists in one of the Lockboxes.

While I'm not trying to get your hopes up it, I'm sure there is something they could do to retrofit or refit a few of the existing small craft to make them appealing, as well as perhaps offering 1 or 2 new ones into the Mix.

I didn't mean to side track the conversation about Small Craft, but since several got into joking most above, your thoughts really got me to thinking it might in deed be time for!

Now back to our regular discussion of Ships your excited to see around Anniversary and Beyond!

<3o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Now, Battleship Yamato really WAS quite ridiculous! Tom Paris picking up an Earth car drifting in space, that was funny. Seeing an actual sea-faring ship in space, meant to be space ship, for realz, that was ludicrous. I sincerely hope Cryptic won't go there.

No, they will go for the KDF version of the aircraft carrier, the fed version, and a thirs thip that all combine to be the SDF-1
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »

F-14 hangar pets would be sweet! =D

pretty sure F-14 was a fighter class in the old FASA game

No, in the FASA game "F-" prefixes were for Romulan orbital ship repair/construction frameworks, the equivalent of the Federation one the TMP Enterprise launched from in the first movie. The only fighters they had in the game were for shuttle-to-shuttle warfare to stop troop landings and support one's own troops and whatnot, the popguns they were armed with were not up to killing anything much bigger than a shuttle, the shuttle powerplants simply could not handle much else.

You might be thinking of a P-3 Caladan-class "cutter", they are a small corvette that sacrifices the heavy warp drives (along with every other ship's system they could do without, like more than a day's worth of life support) for bigger impulse engines and weapons and were ether ground-based or carried as limpet ships on the outer hull of a carrier ship that looks a bit like the DSC Klingon cucumber ship. The warp-carrier could handle up to nine P-3s at a time.

The P-3 looked a bit like the TNG "speedboat" shuttle, but it was actually a little bigger than a runabout and carried a crew of twelve. They are pretty much the equivalent of a WWII PT boat in concept, and usually operated with warp-capable P-2 cutters in a sort of hammer and anvil tactic.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    Seems the Executive Producer drops a somewhat 'vague' yet interesting comment about the Anniversary Ship here:

https://priorityonepodcast.com/
    1. Jump to 24 minutes of the Podcast, then go back and listen to it all.
    2. Episode 442.

Still no direction or direct clues except (have to go check it out -- no spoilers) it will be something we'll love.

Sadly at work so can't view it.

And I strongly dislike blanket statements like that. "Ships you have all been waiting for" and "something we'll love". Entirely based on assumption - I very much suspect that it won't be anything that I, personally, have been waiting for or will particuarly love.

Delta Rising 2: Kobali Boogaloo. Something that the players will love. With guest star Kael showcasing the gameplay.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

It's actually a fully rebuilt ship though. It's only vaguely even the same shape as the original.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV0x4XHdbyc
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User

That is Star Fleet Battles, not the FASA game. SFB is a totally different game from a different publisher (Amarillo Design Bureau).
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Well don't need to be for the 10th anniversary but definitely what I would love to see some day, my list besides the Vo'quv I've already mentioned
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,761 Arc User
    What I would like?
    Some focus and improvements to small vessles gameplay. I would like to see some new shuttle/fighters, that offer a bit more than current shuttles and fighters.

Agreed.

When's the last time we even had a shuttle event?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • toddmillhousetoddmillhouse Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Myself I would like to see A Federation/Klingon/Romulan (version depends on faction) ship based on a Borg Tactical Cube. Not a Cube itself, but a ship based on the technology. With new weapons designed not only to fight Borg, but to deal with the more recent threats of the Iconians, Fek'ihri, Hur'q, Dominion. Let's face it Standard Federation Phasers, Klingon Disruptors, and Romulan Plasma while strong when leveled, their base stats are all considered generally weak by the entire player base against the late game enemies.

So yeah I'm kinda asking for Ships/Weapons 2.0 ... I think it's time for them ...
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Can see it now:

Captains, coming next season you too can take command of this Starship replica of the CV-6 Enterprise! Somehow, this replica will perform comparably to state of the art ships of today. You can now take command of the famous CV-6 Enterprise* and give the Borg a bad time by attacking with a full-on broadside from her replica 38 caliber guns and 20mm autocannons, or launching replica F6F Hellcat Tactical Flyer Squadrons!

* Only available in the 'Age of the Ocean' lock box. Odds have been readjusted to be even slimmer so you have even more fun opening them!

And Enterprise had German aircraft with na'kuhl plasma cannons.
    What I would like?
    Agreed.

I'd love to have one of the tiny single Suliban cells as a shuttle. And/or a Suliban Carrier.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    What I would like?
    Agreed.

I'd love to have one of the tiny single Suliban cells as a shuttle. And/or a Suliban Carrier.

Maybe in the future, but i don't see either one as being iconic enough to be a 10th Anniversary giveaway.

The only ships i can see fulfilling that role carried the name Enterprise.
    This also presents a bit of a problem since the Ent-A, B, C, D and E all have Tier 6 versions already.
    Perhaps we will be looking at alternate layout/specialization versions of said craft.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

#LegalizeAwoo

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User

To be honest, if i hear "Suliban Carrier" i'm thinking this vessel with all the pods detaching once a shuttle is launched.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Suliban_Cell_Ship

The Suliban FDC, or is it strike cruisers .. annoying name changes.., may be a very potent ship, but to me it simply does not scream Suliban.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »

To be honest, if i hear "Suliban Carrier" i'm thinking this vessel with all the pods detaching once a shuttle is launched.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Suliban_Cell_Ship

The Suliban FDC, or is it strike cruisers .. annoying name changes.., may be a very potent ship, but to me it simply does not scream Suliban.
    It's actually a canon design, but only seen in one episode.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Anything not from Discovery. :D
    I'm gonna guess we'll just get some C-store freebies of lower tier ships again. Which I'm fine with...assuming I didn't already buy them. They probably look to see what ships don't sell well and choose those. That's what I'd do. ;) Give free things and don't cut into too much profit.
This discussion has been closed.