test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on what you'd like for 10th Anniversary Ship?

1234568»

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    > @warpangel said:
    > (Quote)
    > Yeah, just like the Scimitar's thalaron blast...oh wait, that's just a green rat TRIBBLE when used by players.

You mean like our use of the Tachyon Beam vs Borg use.

FYI you can actually kill cubes with Tachyon Beams. With Drain Infection it is an early game beam of Death.
    Also combine it with the sommerville trait and it becomes quite potent.

Sometimes when using a new sci char i am not in the mood to do blood of the ancients for https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Destabilizing_Resonance_Beam and then Tachyon Beam is a nice alternative.

Edit: Come to think of it, i haven't tested if the AoE traits for Tachyon Beam also trigger the sommerville trait. Have to test that. Might be interesting.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I find the stats somewhat disappointing, in my mind the Arbiter looks more interesting than it.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I find the stats somewhat disappointing, in my mind the Arbiter looks more interesting than it.

Fair enough, but the event ship is a free ship that's cross faction.

I can't really say I blame Cryptic for not making event ships that put C-Store ships to shame. I think they do a good job overall of making event ships that are good and effective, but still leave desire for C-Store ships.

I know people would love for the event ship to be this super desirable, high powered ship with a 'must have' trait and a fantastic console.. but honestly, that's just not realistic. Occasionally, you get a ship with a great trait (Cold Hearted) or a a really nice Console (D.O.M.I.N.O. Protomatter) but those are somewhat rare for good reason.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited January 2020

I can't really say I blame Cryptic for not making event ships that put C-Store ships to shame. I think they do a good job overall of making event ships that are good and effective, but still leave desire for C-Store ships.

I know people would love for the event ship to be this super desirable, high powered ship with a 'must have' trait and a fantastic console.. but honestly, that's just not realistic. Occasionally, you get a ship with a great trait (Cold Hearted) or a a really nice Console (D.O.M.I.N.O. Protomatter) but those are somewhat rare for good reason.

Fair enough, but a 10th anniversary comes but once in a lifetime, and so the ship should, IMHO, be a bit more special than your average Event ship.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Fair enough, but a 10th anniversary comes but once in a lifetime, and so the ship should, IMHO, be a bit more special than your average Event ship.

That's a good point.

10 Years is a pretty big milestone.. if you were ever going to do something spectacular, it's hard to imagine a better time.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User

All I really want is a universal ltcom boff seat on it.

All I really want is a universal ltcom boff seat on it.

Not unreasonable.
  • granitia4380#7320 granitia4380 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    I'm thinking that the 10th Anniversary would be a good time to release T6 versions of things we don't yet have, so I'll go with those.

For example, T6 Luna (Riker/Titan Class?), T6 Olympic (Crusher/Pasteur Class?), T6 Constellation (Picard/Stargazer Class?), T6 Nova (Kim/Rhode Island Class?) and T6 Oberth (Grissom Class?).

The Steamrunner class for Consile/PS4 will be nice. Plus the T6 Nova too.

• altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    People laughed at me when I suggested a T6 Miranda years ago. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I'm going to guess that they will give us a cruiser that is a Klingon and Federation design. That's just what my gut tells me here.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I'm going to guess that they will give us a cruiser that is a Klingon and Federation design. That's just what my gut tells me here.

You know i am impressed that your gut can read the announcements :pensive:

Maybe this is the first of a series of announcements. I prior blog spoke of romulan and Dominion input as well and i don't see that in the Fed-klingon joint design.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Something that can be customised ;)

The ship doesn't look too bad, but I'm not a big fan of the tiny-head looks that appears to be a feature of this new ship (at least that's the way it looks like in the last picture in the blog).

The Discovery, the Kelvin Vengeance, the T6 Assault cruiser and the Gagarin to name just a few ships, all follow this new design habit to create tiny ships with huge nacelles. Let's just say that I have seen designs where the sizes of the different parts of the ship were better balanced.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Well, the ship's been announced, so there's no need to speculate anymore. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.