test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts on what you'd like for 10th Anniversary Ship?

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @reyan01 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Doesn't matter.
    >
    > It's not going to be one of the anniversary ships.

Way too much pessimism, and you do not know that.
    SF CoE keeps testing their Nova prototypes by playing Gravity Kills with them. None of them has returned from the field tests.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    They should have made the 'fidget spinner' the Anniversary ship. :( But that ship has sailed, alas, I bet it will just be another lame Fed saucer.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    alissa#5135 alissa Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I would like to see a miracle worker Kelvin Vengeance Intel Dreadnought Cruiser with twelve console slots and two hanger bays and it would not hurt to have an extra lieutenant commander slot.

Ps with battle cloak.
    A Great man once said "Live Long and Prosper, I have been and always shall be your friend"
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    The Star Cruiser might be the best one thematically for the anniversary since (from what I heard anyway) it either the first of the non-canon STO-designed ships or at least one of the earliest. I have no idea what its Klingon equivalent in that respect would be though.

On the other hand, the mentions of the Dyson automated factories lately would put the Dyson destroyers in almost as strong a position.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    If the T6 Nova by some miracle is the anniversary ship i would be very surprised.
    While i look forward to the day the T6 Nova arrives, it simply does not have the iconic status one might expect for a 10 year anniversary.

Had they not been released already i would expect something like a T6 Galaxy, T6 Sovereign, T6 Intrepid, T6 Defiant etc.
    I'm sure you know what i mean.

Which ship we do not yet have and has sufficient iconic status for a 10 year anniversary eludes me at this time.
    A Tier 6 D'kyr?
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/D'Kyr_Science_Vessel
    But how would that ship connect to factions like the Romulans, Dominion or Klingons?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @questerius said:
    > If the T6 Nova by some miracle is the anniversary ship i would be very surprised.
    > While i look forward to the day the T6 Nova arrives, it simply does not have the iconic status one might expect for a 10 year anniversary.
    >
    > Had they not been released already i would expect something like a T6 Galaxy, T6 Sovereign, T6 Intrepid, T6 Defiant etc.
    > I'm sure you know what i mean.
    >
    > Which ship we do not yet have and has sufficient iconic status for a 10 year anniversary eludes me at this time.
    > A Tier 6 D'kyr?
    > https://sto.gamepedia.com/D'Kyr_Science_Vessel
    > But how would that ship connect to factions like the Romulans, Dominion or Klingons?

How do you figure the D'kyr has more chance than Nova? That makes no sense at all to me. D'kyr was on 1 Trek series, Nova appeared in a show and at least 1 film (First Contact). As well, the D'kyr appeared on the lowest rated of all Trek series.

The question mark behind the D'kyr was meant to convey sarcasm, but i see that failed.
    It does have a better chance than the Nova due to being Vulcan, but that is one of the few things it has going for it.
    One other thing it has is that it is based upon a design predating the foundation of the Federaton and Starfleet.

Regardless it is difficult.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    A TOS Romulan D7 would also be a nice addition to the game! Because Fed and KDF characters can now fly Romulan ships, it pretty much covers all bases and helps give the neglected half a faction Romulan's something new and awesome.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Well, as long as we're asking for things that will never happen. Either...

1) T6 Galaxy class with Miracle Worker specialization instead of Command (Optional Galaxy-X Skin)
    5/3 Weapons
    Commander Engineering
    Lt. Commander Tactical
    Lt. Commander Universal/Miracle Worker
    Lt. Science
    Ensign Engineering

or

2) T6 Excelsior class with Miracle Worker specialization instead of Command
    4/4 Weapons
    Commander Engineering
    Lt. Commander Tactical
    Lt. Engineering
    Ensign Science
    a t6 Excalibur would be nice.
    That's already in the game though.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    The question mark behind the D'kyr was meant to convey sarcasm, but i see that failed.
    It does have a better chance than the Nova due to being Vulcan, but that is one of the few things it has going for it.
    One other thing it has is that it is based upon a design predating the foundation of the Federaton and Starfleet.

Well... the Romulan MMSVs are basically T6 D'kyrs already.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options

Forgot about that one. Scratch one more off the list.
    Ideas anyone?

Just hoping it is not a T6 Dyson. Don't have fond memories about THAT mission.
  • Options

Forgot about that one. Scratch one more off the list.
    Ideas anyone?

Just hoping it is not a T6 Dyson. Don't have fond memories about THAT mission.

Just hoping it is a T6 Dyson! Still have fond memories of my T5-U full Protonic build.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2019
    Seems the Executive Producer drops a somewhat 'vague' yet interesting comment about the Anniversary Ship here:

https://priorityonepodcast.com/
    1. Jump to 2nd hour 24 minutes of the Podcast, then go back and listen to it all.
    2. Episode 442.

Still no direct clues except perhaps an idea on what it could involve (have to go check it out) and it will be something we'll love or that is my take on it.
    • Starts... Interesting or Important Ships in Lockboxes, Promos, or Lore... & ...we are Exploring ways trying to in the spirit of assessibly...

I'll leave it there so go listen. They do have an Interesting Coming Up so this will certainly add to the Speculation for sure building up to the Anniversary!

<3
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    strathkin wrote: »
    Seems the Executive Producer drops a somewhat 'vague' yet interesting comment about the Anniversary Ship here:

https://priorityonepodcast.com/
    1. Jump to 24 minutes of the Podcast, then go back and listen to it all.
    2. Episode 442.

Still no direction or direct clues except perhaps an idea on what it could involve (have to go check it out -- no spoilers) and it will be something we'll love.

There's nothing about new ships at 24 minutes into the podcast.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I updated the thread so read, or when you have time listen to the podcast.

Note I also corrected the timer as it was the 2nd hour and 24 minutes where they drop clues without directly saying.

<3
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    strathkin wrote: »
    I updated the thread so read, or when you have time listen to the podcast.

Note I also corrected the timer as it was the 2nd hour and 24 minutes where they drop clues without directly saying.

Thx. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    P.S. My earlier comment, about the 'fidget spinner', was a subtle (or maybe not to subtle) sigh about all the good ships being locked behind 1.5+ billion lock/R&D boxes these days. And the podcast seems to indicate that they are looking into making some of such ships more 'accessible.' I suppose this is good news. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    I think around the Anniversary we may see a few Iconic Ships, perhaps some thru various methods for sure, yet the comments do drop clues to what they have in mind for the Anniversary Ship.

Making something more open is certainly nice, we may see a few more hints or clues early in the New Year. As they did mention another Roadmap would likely be coming out early in 2020.

0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    4/4 Weapons
    Commander Engineering
    Lt. Commander Tactical
    Lt. Engineering
    Ensign Science

You mistyped that, it should say pilot spec. Common mistake.

jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    blitzy4 wrote: »
    4/4 Weapons
    Commander Engineering
    Lt. Commander Tactical
    Lt. Engineering
    Ensign Science

You mistyped that, it should say pilot spec. Common mistake.

I would prefer miracle worker to be honest.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Every time I see this thread's subject, a giant Borg "10" floating in space pops up in my head.

It might be the lack of sleep. :#
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Based on the large number of ancient ships we can fly of late, I would not be surprised if they give us the Enterprise CV-6, modernized replicas modified for space flight and fitted for space combat.
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    What I would like?
    Some focus and improvements to small vessles gameplay. I would like to see some new shuttle/fighters, that offer a bit more than current shuttles and fighters.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Doesn't matter what Cryptic decides to release as the Anniversary Ship. Some of you will like it. Most of you will endlessly complain in public about it. Others will offers suggestions about which ship it should have been.

My opinion? Okay, then. I will fly it on one char to unlock and check out the Trait. Next, it will just become one more Admiralty Card for my characters.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Based on the large number of ancient ships we can fly of late, I would not be surprised if they give us the Enterprise CV-6, modernized replicas modified for space flight and fitted for space combat.

F-14 hangar pets would be sweet! =D

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    F-14 hangar pets would be sweet! =D

But only if we get the Kenny Loggins song from Top Gun as background music!

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Edit: Never mind.
This discussion has been closed.