test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thoughts on what you'd like for 10th Anniversary Ship?

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I think they will have a quite a few very interesting things that will be happening in or around the Anniversary this year.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Even though I want the Oberth I think the Nova is more likely to happen.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I just asked my Magic 8-ball about a T6 Nova and it said 'Signs point to Yes'.

There you go right from the source. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    There is something very interesting that people tend to forget about those early Dyson episodes - Though the Dyson ship was semi-ok {Not my cup of tea} - I did enjoy the "HERO" skills.

I was hoping they expanded on the hero skills concept - It was a great system and would have gone far if they tied it with "Iconic" bridge officers.

Could you imagine a Worf BO with it's own set of "Hero" skills

Picard, Jadzia Dax etc... one of a kind unique hero skills.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    a coupon for a promotion! ship (acc. bound) ,would be nice , a coupon for a lock box ship (char. bound) for playing all episodes would also be nice !!
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Gonna call it now, just incase...
    They will turn every single ship into a T6 leveling ship. So the Anniversary gift is T6ing of every single ship.
    Happy 10 Year Anniversary.

Know its a bit of a stretch, but come on.. 10 years of STO gotta mean something. XD
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    claudiusdk wrote: »
    Gonna call it now, just incase...
    They will turn every single ship into a T6 leveling ship. So the Anniversary gift is T6ing of every single ship.
    Happy 10 Year Anniversary.

Know its a bit of a stretch, but come on.. 10 years of STO gotta mean something. XD
    I can guarantee they are not going to "turn" anything into a T6 ever.

They will make T6 versions of everything (at least all the canon ships, they have said) eventually, but you will have to buy them separately.
  • Options
    I want to update my feddyboob and would like a t6 Maelstrom. A miracle worker warship would be pretty tight, 5 tac consoles, a mw uni console and commander tac seat with 4/4 layout. Neither of these are likely to happen I'm guessing, lol. The warship would be more of a promo ship I think anyways.
    qaAuoh7.gif
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    A balloon starship with a balloon bridge firing balloon torpedoes. The balloon ship model has existed for years and it makes far more sense to have than a bunch of the ships we currently have since Q is providing the ship to us.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    ThunderCougarFalconBird. That is all.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    What the heck is THAT!!
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    Too many ship holograms at once.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    > @questerius said:
    > What the heck is THAT!!

Like I said, ThunderCougarFalconBird.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I'll call your choice of a T-6 version of every anniversary ship to date
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Having mulled over it some more, I'd definitely love to see the future Vulcan cruiser/carrier;
    latest?cb=20081007211350&path-prefix=en
    5 Sci Consoles with a Secondary Deflector and 1-2 hangar bays. Miracle and Temporal seats. Fleet upgrade makes it a proper Miracle Worker ship with a Uni Console and mechanics.

I suspect this is probably getting into Promotion! ship territory though..
  • Options
    nixie50 wrote: »
    The Dyson is the only anniversary ship that isn't already T6.
  • Options
    jcsww wrote: »
    Warship Voyager!

Thumbs up.
    Despite it being a non existent vessel. With the Terrans poking their noses everywhere there is some room to maneuver.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    WV is an Intrepid with extra weapons bolted on. Basically the same as the Galaxy dreadnought. Not like anyone would need to see the kyrian version to come up with the idea themselves. Original thought. It happens.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Still wanting a T6 Voquv with at least standard cloak
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    szerontzur wrote: »
    Having mulled over it some more, I'd definitely love to see the future Vulcan cruiser/carrier;

5 Sci Consoles with a Secondary Deflector and 1-2 hangar bays. Miracle and Temporal seats. Fleet upgrade makes it a proper Miracle Worker ship with a Uni Console and mechanics.

I suspect this is probably getting into Promotion! ship territory though..

With those stats yeah...there isn't a single c-store ship that has dual specialization...they only put that on gamblebox ships

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    warpangel wrote: »
    nixie50 wrote: »
    The Dyson is the only anniversary ship that isn't already T6.

Yea that was one reason why I started this thread on that note, yet still very often they like to surprise us all the time. Still there's quite a few interesting idea's on things people would still love to see...

:o
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    A T7 Vesta with 12 Sci consoles :)

More seriously speaking, the earlier mentioned Star Cruiser definitely deserves an update.

Or perhaps they could do something completely different. Update all the old models and allow players to combine them however they like.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Maybe i missed the announcement, but which date does the anniversary start?

Q's Winter Wonderland ends January 2nd so i assume the 10th Anniversary begins at the 9th.
    Can anybody confirm this?
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »
    Maybe i missed the announcement, but which date does the anniversary start?

Q's Winter Wonderland ends January 2nd so i assume the 10th Anniversary begins at the 9th.
    Can anybody confirm this?
    After QWW is over the Borg Resurgence event begins on Jan 7th, and lasts until the 28h.

The Anniv events only begin in late January/early February, so this would add up.

Thanks.
    Was holding on to a T6 Ship Coupon waiting for the anniversary. Had a few anniversary giveaways where i purchased a ships within two weeks prior. Guess a bit more patience then.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You can hold on that T6 Coupon for the Anniversary - the 11th. You can't use them on new ships and they seem to be a bit pokey about moving them out of that New Tab in the C-Store.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.