test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• Options
    generalhansologeneralhansolo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am also having this issue this morning.
  • Options
    yeoman85yeoman85 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I have also had this problem for just over an hour now, getting frustrated as there isn't any posts on twitter or fb that they are aware of a problem as you would expect
  • Options
    djshadowcatdjshadowcat Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I have the issue as well, perhaps The Borg have started to assimilate the game. Done my Omega run logged out and cant get in to do some levelling.
  • Options
    yokosan13yokosan13 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    yokosan13 wrote: »
    lol noting here i had it twice times restart the computer its fixed so try maby it works for u guys 2

lol nvm if i try to login in the game game crash >.< so yea but atleeast got to start screenn >.<
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    Same situation here (Mauritius). Grrrr....
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Add me to the list of folks getting the "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" message.

And I too am trying to get my last Omega mission done so I can get the ship. I hope this gets resolved soon.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Same problem (UK) here. I'd like to think the staff haven't got time to respond because they're too busy fixing the problem....
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    ratan#4886 ratan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I still have yet to receive a response via FB messanger, so I looked on the support options. Apparently there is a chat section, but this message is prominent on the page "We are unable to offer Live Chat support for In-Game issues at this time. "

Well, technically, I suppose this is a "Not-In-Game" issue, /tease.

I wasn't expecting a response in all honesty, but had to ask, as many (most?) companies do in fact check forums, but Arc, unfortunately, does not appear to be among them in general I fear. Considering it seems across the boards though, I'm sure there is a little mouse running around somewhere trying to turn the wheel.
  • Options
    markstablermarkstabler Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ah so not just me then lol I just tried everything from rebooting etc, so I'll leave it a while hopefully they'll sort it :smiley:
  • Options
    rainbowwargamesrainbowwargames Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    same issue
  • Options
    chroma01chroma01 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Got my last Omega early this morning.

Came home to check out the ship... unable to authenticate. :s
  • Options
    yokosan13yokosan13 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    ratan#4886 wrote: »
    I still have yet to receive a response via FB messanger, so I looked on the support options. Apparently there is a chat section, but this message is prominent on the page "We are unable to offer Live Chat support for In-Game issues at this time. "

I wasn't expecting a response in all honesty, but had to ask, as many (most?) companies do in fact check forums, but Arc, unfortunately, does not appear to be among them in general I fear. Considering it seems across the boards though, I'm sure there is a little mouse running around somewhere trying to turn the wheel.

the got more to do then only looking 24/7 on forums no response wont say the aint there <3
  • Options
    furiouspurposefuriouspurpose Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same here for quite a while, regardless of using US/EU or no game proxy or changing DNS providers.
    While I don't expect miracles resolving the issue it would be nice if any "official" would acknowledge that the problem is known to Cryptic/ ARC and they're working on it.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    This is the wrong catagory for this type of issue. Comments should be left on this thread which is in the correct place
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1246877/unable-to-authenticate-connection-to-the-account-server-timed-out
  • Options
    vemor1vemor1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out
    Again.
  • Options
    jap4102jap4102 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    USA,northeast. same problem here
  • Options
    paulythebpaulytheb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same problem here.
    (Note to self - Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)
  • Options
    doctorfunke1doctorfunke1 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Im only on the forums when I can’t log in
  • Options
    azuelte#3241 azuelte Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    ratan#4886 wrote: »

Unbeknownst to the little mouse, that wheel is actually a square
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Badmoonrizin Can you merge this thread to the one that is in the correct place regarding this issue. Cheers \\//
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Same here
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    1426546943318.jpg​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    ratan#4886 ratan Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Just had twitter announcement. It is being investigated

Star Trek Online

Verified account

@trekonlinegame
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Some players may experience issues connecting to the game this morning. We're looking into the issue.

Found this in eazzie's previous redirect. Time to make some coffee I guess.
  • Options
    spyderxmspyderxm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Get it together Cryptic.
  • Options
    sian79sian79 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here! (EU, scandinavia)..
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Same as well, US EST
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Hey guys do me a favor. If you haven't already, go into this thread here, post your ISP and country of origin. I've already passed the thread up the chain. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1246874/cant-login-get-unable-to-authenticate-connection-to-the-account-server-timed-out/p2
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    fixed :)
  • Options
    hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    It's up!
This discussion has been closed.