Well since I am flatly done beating the DSC horse, let's talk about another series where I think the Star Trek team really didn't take a show to its full potential. Voyager.
So many missed opportunities. Honestly I saw a YouTube video that summed up my issues nicely with Voyager. It was TNG light with a premise that could of been so much more.
IMHO Voyager should of had a lot more like Year of Hell or the Equinox 2 parter. More principals vs survival.
Issues I have with the show.
1. How in the name of hell does that crew keep the Voyager looking like she just left spacedock? I mean by year 7, Voyager should look as Beat up as Enterprise did after fighting the Reliant. I mean Torres should be tearing her hair out just keeping that ship together.
2. Janeway was never really pushed to the limit except for Year of Hell, then got the reset button hit. In Fact someone said it best. Easy to have that moral high ground when your belly is full, and your ship is in great working order.
3. 7 of 9. I swear every time she learned a lesson, next day, info dump and reset button is hit and she gains nothing from the experience. Would of been fun to really see her adapt to being a human.
4. Criminal under use of Harry Kim. And the guy SHOULD OF BEEN PROMOTED. Tuvok was. Same with Chakotay.
5. Also massive under usage of Equinox. Could of done so much more with the ship. Just give Torres 2 weeks and plenty of resources. Ship would be better than new. /sarcasm
All and all, Voyager needed some real quandaries, struggle and hardship.
My 2 cents.
Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1