Options

Enough already with the time travel!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    nixboox wrote: »
    nixie50 wrote: »
    well, if we are batting around ideas for story arcs, one that would be ambitious as **** would be mysterious attacks on federation planets, engineered to llok like KDF, and 3-4 fed only episodes, hopefully, a couple of helping out attacked systems, alternating with KDF episodes where the Klingons defend themselves against Federation retaliaton, and lastly, a couple episodes for Roms and Dominion to try to figure out who is behind it finally an all factions episode or two or three to wrap it up.

I thought they dealt with this in the series before? Romulans were destroying outposts in TOS and the Borg in TNG.

Guessing you missed Kim's point
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    > @sleel43 said:
    > artaniscreed wrote: »
    >
    > Time Travel has literally been in every single Trek show and in a couple of the movies. It's a staple of the series.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And it is a sure sign in every series that the writers have run out of ideas and was the inevitable death knell of each.

Not really. The Voyage Home is considered one of the better TOS movies. First Contacts is considered the best TNG movie.

Meanwhile, I'm talking about the series. Reading comprehension. Do you do it.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I'm bored with Cryptic using the dual crutch of Q and temporal displacement to support their wandering narrative. Is life after Voyager really so bereft of content opportunities that we have to keep going back in time? In the future - why don't you confine your time traveling stories to HOLODECK simulations. AoY and AoD could both have been novel HOLODECK programs - we haven't had a malfunctioning holodeck storyline!

Good one OP and tend to agree with your feeling. Guess dont have much to go even with DISCO going back in time.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Life beyond Voyager is not bereft of potential, it's bereft of canon-sourced merchandising opportunity. They want to sell ships and costumes and R&D Packs and so forth. What on screen stuff is available for them to exploit? Now when Captain Picard comes back, we'll see a boatload of goodies from post-Voy era. Until then, we'll have to wait and take what the shows have given us.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    well, if we are batting around ideas for story arcs, one that would be ambitious as **** would be mysterious attacks on federation planets, engineered to llok like KDF, and 3-4 fed only episodes, hopefully, a couple of helping out attacked systems, alternating with KDF episodes where the Klingons defend themselves against Federation retaliaton, and lastly, a couple episodes for Roms and Dominion to try to figure out who is behind it finally an all factions episode or two or three to wrap it up.

I thought they dealt with this in the series before? Romulans were destroying outposts in TOS and the Borg in TNG.

I'm certain you missed mine.

no I get yours. yours simply is... pointless. she had a good idea and you refute it by quoting episodes, incorrectly i might add. . based on that there should not be any more content ever because everything has been done before.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

I'm certain you missed mine.

no I get yours. yours simply is... pointless. she had a good idea and you refute it by quoting episodes, incorrectly i might add. . based on that there should not be any more content ever because everything has been done before.
    The Simpsons did it! :D
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    I'll personally never get bored of time travel, it's an interesting plot point when you accidentally f*** things up
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @marty123#3757 said:
    > I'll personally never get bored of time travel, it's an interesting plot point when you accidentally f*** things up

QFT. Time Travel is hands down my absolute favorite sub-genre of sci-fi. I'll watch episodes of shows I've never seen before if I catch a time travel plot. I am still waiting for Seven Days to be added to any streaming service I use so I can watch that show from beginning to end, something I've never gotten to do. A time travel episode is what got me into watching Charmed (the original), and that was magically based time travel.

One of my early favorite novels is Andre Norton's The Time Traders, while the historical period, it holds up today despite the information on the Beaker people in the book being based on now defunct historical theories. I even have an anthology book called "Holmes in Orbit" of various sci-fi based Sherlock Holmes stories, several of which involved time travel. Heinlein's Future History stories (the Lazarus Long stories mainly) involve time travel various times.

No plans to release Seven Days at this time according to Wikipedia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Days_(TV_series)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @marty123#3757 said:
    > I'll personally never get bored of time travel, it's an interesting plot point when you accidentally f*** things up

QFT. Time Travel is hands down my absolute favorite sub-genre of sci-fi. I'll watch episodes of shows I've never seen before if I catch a time travel plot. I am still waiting for Seven Days to be added to any streaming service I use so I can watch that show from beginning to end, something I've never gotten to do. A time travel episode is what got me into watching Charmed (the original), and that was magically based time travel.

One of my early favorite novels is Andre Norton's The Time Traders, while the historical period, it holds up today despite the information on the Beaker people in the book being based on now defunct historical theories. I even have an anthology book called "Holmes in Orbit" of various sci-fi based Sherlock Holmes stories, several of which involved time travel. Heinlein's Future History stories (the Lazarus Long stories mainly) involve time travel various times.

No plans to release Seven Days at this time according to Wikipedia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Days_(TV_series)

I liked 7 Days. too bad it flushed when UPN did. now we get Super-politically-correct girl to shove down our throats every SJW agenda item they can.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i SERIOUSLY doubt seven days will ever be available for mass viewing again, given it never even made it on DvD or even VHS, never mind blu-ray or any streaming service...which sucks, because i REALLY liked that show

hell, my fed main's ship name came from that show (Conundrum, if anyone cares)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.