test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Play as a Jem'Hadar When Victory is Life Launches!

Comments

• Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    Probably a stupid question but I still want to know up front, will we be able to take our Jem'Hadar characters to the various battlezones (voth, kobali prime, badlands ect.)?

Yes, you will.
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I'm curious to know if we will be able to take our Jem'Hadar Captain to Risa for the Risa event?

If so, it would lead to some very interesting roleplay opportunities for him.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Sooo.....been watching DS9 episodes with Jem'hadar in them.

I am more impressed with the Vorta Females.
    Is there going to be an option for "Alien" creation with the "Faction" or is it locked out, like the TOS faction was?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Sooo.....been watching DS9 episodes with Jem'hadar in them.

I am more impressed with the Vorta Females.
    Is there going to be an option for "Alien" creation with the "Faction" or is it locked out, like the TOS faction was?

Not by the looks of it, just the two Jem'Hadar species

y4tPHBG.jpg
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    I'm curious to know if we will be able to take our Jem'Hadar Captain to Risa for the Risa event?

I do remember that they did answer during the last live stream that these Jem'Hadar will be able to wear Risa clothing.
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Damn. I want a Vorta in swim suit. Not drug addicted Jem'Hadar .... <shudders> :s​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

I do remember that they did answer during the last live stream that these Jem'Hadar will be able to wear Risa clothing.

Thanks, that has good implications at least. Of course if ambassadorkael could confirm it that would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Probably a stupid question but I still want to know up front, will we be able to take our Jem'Hadar characters to the various battlezones (voth, kobali prime, badlands ect.)?

18.jpg

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    ok idk why there wont be vorta, in CANON the vorta serve as administators , scientists and engineers, so idk why cryptic isn't adding the vorta because to my knowledge the JH are bred for one purpose and that's to fight, can anyone find in canon where a JH is a scientist?

ive looked and had no luck.
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    > @jorantomalak said:
    > ok idk why there wont be vorta, in CANON the vorta serve as administators , scientists and engineers, so idk why cryptic isn't adding the vorta because to my knowledge the JH are bred for one purpose and that's to fight, can anyone find in canon where a JH is a scientist?
    >
    > ive looked and had no luck.

The fact that there are ships made entirely of Jem’Hadar (all Dominion ships) suggests there must be some version of Jem’Hadar scientists. As the devs said “someone has to realign the deflector array”
  • Options
    Guys if you want Vorta I suggest everyone leaving a post for one in this thread. The Devs mentioned in their Ten Forward Weekly that they will look to see how much demand their is for Vorta and if their is enough they might consider adding them at later time. Thread - NOT MAKING PLAYERS ABLE TO PLAY A VORTA IN "VICTORY IS LIFE" IS A BIG MISTAKE: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13371511
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    3 JHD BOs added. need details on traits.

Still no Dominion Duty Officers?
  • Options
    damithcldamithcl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Is the environment suit just added to the Vanguard pack going to be different to the suit offered as a veteran reward? Or can veterans claim it separately for free?
  • Options
    damithcl wrote: »
    Is the environment suit just added to the Vanguard pack going to be different to the suit offered as a veteran reward? Or can veterans claim it separately for free?

did they list any vet rewards for JHD? right now as far as I know... there are ZERO vet rewards for JHD. Folks just assume they would get some like how the Roms got em... but now that the mini factions can fly almost all their ally ships, do they still need vet rewards?
  • Options
    damithcldamithcl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

did they list any vet rewards for JHD? right now as far as I know... there are ZERO vet rewards for JHD. Folks just assume they would get some like how the Roms got em... but now that the mini factions can fly almost all their ally ships, do they still need vet rewards?

The latest livestream (17/5/2018) does mention that the Dominion might get a veteran destroyer sooner or later. It is not inconceivable that other veteran rewards will become available.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager

Thanks, that has good implications at least. Of course if ambassadorkael could confirm it that would be much appreciated.

You have summoned me, and I appear to confirm things. Specifically, this thing.

To be perfectly clear, yup, your Jem'Hadar swimsuit calendar dreams can come true.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    dreams? if their bodies are anything like their heads, that mental image lends itself more to nightmare fuel than dreams​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    I already made fairly good representation picture of one in that thread I mentioned above. Be warned though. It isn't pretty...
  • Options

The latest livestream (17/5/2018) does mention that the Dominion might get a veteran destroyer sooner or later. It is not inconceivable that other veteran rewards will become available.

key word is "might", so at release zero vet rewards of any kind.

maybe down the road in the fullness of time, you might see something in terms of a vet ship. but nothing about an environmental vet suit.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    maybe down the road in the fullness of time, you might see something in terms of a vet ship. but nothing about an environmental vet suit.
    Dunno about other vet rewards, but Jem'hadar(at least KDF allied ones) can claim the combat EV suit of their ally.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options

To be perfectly clear, yup, your Jem'Hadar swimsuit calendar dreams can come true.

@ambassadorkael#6946 what about my dream? Some of us want playable Vorta! Make our wish come true OPKfOKi.png please!

yl73orH.jpg​​
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User

The fact that there are ships made entirely of Jem’Hadar (all Dominion ships) suggests there must be some version of Jem’Hadar scientists. As the devs said “someone has to realign the deflector array”

All Dominon Ships might be an exaggeration. It was made clear in the series, Jem'hadar need a Vorta overseer and can't be long away from them (if for the Ketresal white if nothing else). That said, While I don't know that there has ever been SHOWN a ship with all Jem'hadar, it has been strongly implied that at times there are at least the attack ships manned entirely by Jem'hadar.

My best recollection on it would be the episode where Weyoun 6 (?) tries to defect to the federation. It is heavily implied that the ships pursuing the runabout are manned totally by Jem'hadar. As Weyoun 7 mentions that they would never knowingly fire on a Founder and thus rationalizes not telling them Odo is also onboard the runabout.
  • Options

Thank you for answering, its appreciated.

As for those dreading the idea of a Jemmy in a swimsuit, my reply is this. "Eh, can't be worse than a Reman." (Which I actually have seen. Both genders.)

• Options

All Dominon Ships might be an exaggeration. It was made clear in the series, Jem'hadar need a Vorta overseer and can't be long away from them (if for the Ketresal white if nothing else). That said, While I don't know that there has ever been SHOWN a ship with all Jem'hadar, it has been strongly implied that at times there are at least the attack ships manned entirely by Jem'hadar.

My best recollection on it would be the episode where Weyoun 6 (?) tries to defect to the federation. It is heavily implied that the ships pursuing the runabout are manned totally by Jem'hadar. As Weyoun 7 mentions that they would never knowingly fire on a Founder and thus rationalizes not telling them Odo is also onboard the runabout.

Maybe there IS a vorta on your ship... the one who you talk to for new missions. You know he tells you to go see your god Odo or now go slum with those Feds and help em out of a jam.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 696 Arc User

@ambassadorkael#6946 what about my dream? Some of us want playable Vorta! Make our wish come true OPKfOKi.png please!

yl73orH.jpg​​

Magically delicious!

TRIBBLE my vote to the clamor for Playable Vorta and/or BOFFS. After all, you can't have the Jem'Hadar, those violent cretinous addicts running around without adult supervision!
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    What about the Vorta, the Son'a, the Cardassians, the Breen? :(
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    What about the Vorta, the Son'a, the Cardassians, the Breen? :(

Cardis will be a playable species , would like to see vorta added, the breen? idk that's a stretch
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    Cardassians are not playable for Romulans or Dominion though. I agree that they don't fit inside the Romulan Republic story arc, but why not the Dominion?
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010