test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Play as a Jem'Hadar When Victory is Life Launches!

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    My guess is C-Store purchase like all the other add-on races.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    jamiek81jamiek81 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    Ugggh. Letting completely new players jump into STO at level 60 as Jemmy without playing as any other faction, and without learning the game mechanics etc is a bad idea. Should be locked until a player as levelled a toon to 60, as well as completed the requiste R&D, Reps etc. SMH so very, very much here.

I have to agree, at least with the "locking Jem'Hadar out until an account has a lvl 60 on it" feeling. Not even a 60 for both Fed and KDF, either would be okay.

I'm going to go into any high level team content very, VERY wary for a few weeks, if not months after ViL launches.

Give a Newb too much at the beginning and they become Noobs. Let new players learn before unleashing them on the general population. :)

Well, you could, instead of complaining or fearing disaster, you actually help the new players improve themselves, i mean that is the problem with gamers in this generation, all they care about is their own wins and use any player that makes the slightest mistake and throws them under the bus to avoid seeing if they made the mistake that cost the win for the team.

I honestly remember when i was new to MMOs or multiplayer aspects of games and other players actually tried to help and that was so awesome, but now, its 'watch the youtube guides and learn how to ****ing play you ****ing a**hole!!!' it happens alot now-a-days and it really shows how de-evolved humanity has become.
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    jamiek81 wrote: »
    iamynaught wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    Ugggh. Letting completely new players jump into STO at level 60 as Jemmy without playing as any other faction, and without learning the game mechanics etc is a bad idea. Should be locked until a player as levelled a toon to 60, as well as completed the requiste R&D, Reps etc. SMH so very, very much here.

I have to agree, at least with the "locking Jem'Hadar out until an account has a lvl 60 on it" feeling. Not even a 60 for both Fed and KDF, either would be okay.

I'm going to go into any high level team content very, VERY wary for a few weeks, if not months after ViL launches.

Give a Newb too much at the beginning and they become Noobs. Let new players learn before unleashing them on the general population. :)

Well, you could, instead of complaining or fearing disaster, you actually help the new players improve themselves, i mean that is the problem with gamers in this generation, all they care about is their own wins and use any player that makes the slightest mistake and throws them under the bus to avoid seeing if they made the mistake that cost the win for the team.

I honestly remember when i was new to MMOs or multiplayer aspects of games and other players actually tried to help and that was so awesome, but now, its 'watch the youtube guides and learn how to ****ing play you ****ing a**hole!!!' it happens alot now-a-days and it really shows how de-evolved humanity has become.

Its been like that from day one. I use to play EQ1 all the time for 5 years when it was the big MMO to play back in the 90's. All youtube has done is let you see how many people are like that. I don't mind helping new players I do all the time in my fleet but I should and will not stop what i'm doing in the middle of a elite run to tell them how to play.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    still no news on gamma recruit for new expansion?
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    jamiek81 wrote: »

I said wary, I did not say hostile. I do try and help out newer players, but that has died out lately as I've had some rather unpleasant exchanges with new players.

I won't tell folks how to play, but when they ask for help and it is given in a friendly manner only for them to come back and say how I'm doing it wrong, and by extension the entire TEAM is doing it wrong, yet they are right, I do tend to keep my mouth shut more times than not anymore.

And I agree, how it was in the beginning for me in MMO's, other players were extremely friendly and willing to help. These days it's almost as if not playing a cookie cutter build is enough to send people off on a tirade. "You're not running AP? LOSER!" "MK XIV Epic or uninstall the game!"
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    It is probably unlikely that we will see a Gamma Recruit Event as the Vanguard Jem'Hadar starts at 60.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    tigeraries wrote: »

Hilarious. Guess that answers my Q on Vorta.

That means I'll have to get used to play Jem only... :( Plus side I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IxmjkL1qRA

^ Made me chuckle.

"Jem.
    Jem is excitement.
    Ooh! Jem!
    Jem is adventure.
    Ooh!
    Glamour and glitter,
    Fashion and fame.
    Jem."​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes