test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***SPOILER***Can we get this new design from last night's episode?

Someone posted this on reddit, which isn't bad:

https://imgur.com/a/KyMN9

Still, it would be awesome to get the real thing.

Comments

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

Dude, it's the Enterprise. Somebody changes the shape of a nacelle and you go apeshit :)
  • Options
    mikejf1220#5024 mikejf1220 Member Posts: 45 Arc User

Dude, it's the Enterprise. Somebody changes the shape of a nacelle and you go apeshit :)

Maybe you haven't noticed, but this game is full of variants. If someone wants the new variant of a famous ship, that's fine. No need to be a jerk about it.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    To quote Ten Forward weekly: "STO is a CBS licensed game, so..." ;)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    One would hope that a skin option would become available for anyone that already owns the Temporal Cruiser, but knowing Cryptic, the revised model will likely wind up in some promotion box or something. Money Talks.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    No one has been spoiled...since some don't watch last night's episode tiger-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    flash525 wrote: »
    One would hope that a skin option would become available for anyone that already owns the Temporal Cruiser.

Wasn't that the case though when Cryptic completely updated the refit constitution model? That also extended down to the T2 cruiser as well. "Money talks" but that simple statement is not a reliable predictor on dev behavior (take what they did for the Miranda. We received extra variants because someone cared enough to make them on their own time.) We simply can't say how this update model will eventually find its way into STO.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User

I was amused when I watched this last night to see it looks very much like how I set up my Temporal Light Cruiser.

Use either TOS variant hull, standard TOS nacelles, whichever TOS or Movie Refit saucer you want, but use the Exeter refit neck and nacelle pylons. Finally, use hull material 7B, that's the crucial part.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    vampeiyre wrote: »

I was amused when I watched this last night to see it looks very much like how I set up my Temporal Light Cruiser.
    Got a screenshot? :smile:

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    flash525 wrote: »

Got a screenshot? :smile:

I don't, but I will make some at some point today.
  • Options
    fakemirage#8763 fakemirage Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    > @chastity1337 said:
    > Dude, it's the Enterprise. Somebody changes the shape of a nacelle and you go apeshit :)

So somebody posting a thread in what seems to be a completely calm way is your definition of going "apeshit"?
  • Options
    fakemirage#8763 fakemirage Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    > @criticalthinker said:
    > I'm still wating on the Star Trek Beyond style Enterprise-A as a skin for the Kelvin Command Cruiser. Get in line.

Unfortunately that's not how this line works. They will give their development order to whatever they think makes the most money, not what people have asked for the longest.
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    > @criticalthinker said:
    > I'm still wating on the Star Trek Beyond style Enterprise-A as a skin for the Kelvin Command Cruiser. Get in line.

Unfortunately that's not how this line works. They will give their development order to whatever they think makes the most money, not what people have asked for the longest.

True but come on.... Beautiful Kelvin timeline designs from the best trek? Ugly as balls Discovery designs from the worst trek? Should this really be an issue?

Is this a sick joke?
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,035 Community Moderator
    > @criticalthinker said:

Actually... they will give development order to whatever CBS approves of. Cryptic knew a T6 Connie would sell like wildfire. If CBS had approved it, they would have jumped on that in a heartbeat. As for Star Trek Beyond stuff... that is a licensing issue as anything Kelvin Timeline is owned by Paramount. We only got access to stuff from 09 and Into Darkness.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    > @criticalthinker said:

True but come on.... Beautiful Kelvin timeline designs from the best trek? Ugly as balls Discovery designs from the worst trek? Should this really be an issue?

Is this a sick joke?

This is a great irony coming from someone with that name, truly.

But hey, I like TOS, Kelvin, and Discovery. I don't know why everyone seemingly has the need to either join team red or team blue and lose their minds when someone has a difference of opinion.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,340 Community Moderator
    That's enough baiting and trolling, thank you. Now, the topic is the Constitution from Star Trek: Discovery being included in-game. If you want to debate the merits of the show, go to Ten Forward. If you want to talk about the Kelvin Timeline, go to Ten Forward. But we're not going to derail this thread any further than it already has been.

Qsn3vFp.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    A new Constitution model? Meh, not like I'd never be able to use it...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    This is a great irony coming from someone with that name, truly.

I don't understand.

♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    It's a shame the KT Conni is built to the 'offical' size and not the scale of the CGI model (the canon size). Otherwise imagine the potential...

DSC base model. Cage/WNMHGB refit, TOS refit, TMP refit, 09/ID model, ID/BEY refit, Yorktown refit, Terran Defiant refit, Vespa, Excalibur, and Exeter.

11 different configurations! 8 different material options! Imagine if the T6 had come with a new refit like the Miranda did, 12 configurations and 9 material options!

It might even be worth the arm, leg, and first born child you have to pay to get one. Almost.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    If they put the TRIBBLE Connie in the C-Store, I'd buy it. It's closer to the real thing than the JJprise is, after all.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    The sheer quality of that new Constitution model only further serves to cement what I've believed for some time now - Discovery is better than two thirds of the JJTrek movies.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    If they put the TRIBBLE Connie in the C-Store, I'd buy it. It's closer to the real thing than the JJprise is, after all.

Aye, I'd probably get it too. But then, Constitution lovers might actually get to use it if they did that. Making things people actually want easily accessible is an STO no-no.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Thread derailing comments moderated out.

fAKPYlv.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Aye, I'd probably get it too. But then, Constitution lovers might actually get to use it if they did that. Making things people actually want easily accessible is an STO no-no.
    There's a reason why the old carrot is on the end of a stick. If what people want is easily obtained then they have little reason to pay for it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Seeing as how the Discovery, Sarcophagus, and Walker-class don't have a console set together currently, it could be like Tzenkethi ships where the set bonus only comes out when a "Promotion!" ship is released, which this variant of the Consitution could be. Also, seeing as how Corbomite Maneuver isn't in a set itself, they could add this variant, or possibly even the USS Defiant (NCC-1764) Mirror Refit, to the existing T6 Temporal Light Cruiser and re-release the box again and bolt the console into the Discorvery consoles for a set-bonus.
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User

yeah the most iconic ship in star trek and people want it, that is baffling.

0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok