test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Arena of Sompek Returns for Three Weeks!

123457

Comments

  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,979 Arc User
    I feel like Kael's response of "we'll talk about it" isn't going to be enough. So far there has been no actual discussion with the community over anything, and AFK-ing feels like it's becoming worse as the days go by.

    I mean, seriously, this is not fair to anyone who actually WANTS TO PLAY THE GAME. I have not had one run this whole event -across several characters mind you- without someone deciding that they're too good to be courteous and make a private group to play the queue (Or rather, NOT play it) and so they start complaining and ruining the game for the rest of us.

    I understand that you might want to get the pulsewave on all your characters. I want that too! But I'm not going to run around ruining the game for others over it. There's not even any other reason to do it, either. The dilithium isn't even enough to outweigh the time lost doing Admirality and other, unobtrusive methods of grinding.

    The devs really should do something about this. Soon.

    It's not fair to others that you want to drag them out to the maximum time, or as close to it as you can get, either. I'm also not seeing AFK-ing, just those that don't revive after round 4 is done. The dilithium for a 5 round run is absolutely worth mor than your Admiralty or other farming. 14 runs of 5 4 rounds done then die, which takes about 3 minutes, is 42 minutes. That's over 1000 dilithium per minute. Admiralty doesn't pay that well, and even CCA for Nukara marks doesn't really pay that well on average.

    It's always those whose goals don't line up with our own that we see as being the problem, and it works both ways. I'm sure that everyone that dies after 4 rounds only to have some others go for longer thinks that those "tryhards" should form a private queue, or just do the untimed version.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • opsjoyopsjoy Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    And that's my beef with this event: you can't go to the limits and test how far you could get when you have to do it for 14 times, especially when you want to do it on several toons. And then there's me, not slotting the project, but eager to unlock the emote. That's the opposite of a win-win for everyone.
    [System] "GetCritterDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterDescriptionByID <int> <int>
    [System] "GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID" takes 2 argument(s).
    [System] GetCritterGroupDescriptionByID <int> <int>

  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    It's always those whose goals don't line up with our own that we see as being the problem, and it works both ways. I'm sure that everyone that dies after 4 rounds only to have some others go for longer thinks that those "tryhards" should form a private queue, or just do the untimed version.
    So you maintain that playing the content as presented by Cryptic, is the "wrong goal"?

    Players wanting to play a 20 minute queued event (as described in the game and in the blog) are somehow wrong?

    I get the feeling that if Cryptic wanted you to play a 5 round/3 minute queue, they would have set it up that way.

    Play the game however you want. Your goals clearly run counter to Cryptic and some of your fellow players, and their goals are supported by Cryptic. No one should have to stop doing content the way Cryptic designed it. I feel it is you who should form a private version.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Yes, yes. I am completely to blame for expecting to actually be able to play in-game content in the 'abnormal, actually playing the game' kind of way. Yes. My fault.

    How inconsiderate of me to get in the way of the people who are exploiting the system for maximized profits, even though 5 minutes on admirality and DOffing can net you the same levels of dilithium without getting in another person's way.

    And for the record, I've been playing the untimed version, and still have people (in an in-game sense. Not IRL) to get myself killed. The venom is totally justified because I am playing the indefinitely long arena survival as an indefinite arena survival, instead of "MAKE MONIES NOW".

    Cool.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,979 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    anodynes wrote: »
    It's always those whose goals don't line up with our own that we see as being the problem, and it works both ways. I'm sure that everyone that dies after 4 rounds only to have some others go for longer thinks that those "tryhards" should form a private queue, or just do the untimed version.
    So you maintain that playing the content as presented by Cryptic, is the "wrong goal"?

    Players wanting to play a 20 minute queued event (as described in the game and in the blog) are somehow wrong?

    I get the feeling that if Cryptic wanted you to play a 5 round/3 minute queue, they would have set it up that way.

    Play the game however you want. Your goals clearly run counter to Cryptic and some of your fellow players, and their goals are supported by Cryptic. No one should have to stop doing content the way Cryptic designed it. I feel it is you who should form a private version.

    They did set it up that way. If they actually expected every timed queue to last 20 minutes, then they would have removed the fail condition when everyone is dead from the timed version, at least. The blog doesn't mention the timed version at all, but does tell you that you get rewards for completing 4 rounds. The description in the queue list boils down to 20 minutes or when everyone is dead, whichever comes first. Both of those are supported options, so, no, it is not clearly counter to Cryptic. So can the holier-than-thou condescension, because this is not a case where you're right and those who are against you are wrong. I know that it's hard to accept in an age where everything is painted as for or against, but the design clearly gives the option for both, so both are fine until the design is changed.

    By the way, I would prefer for my daily runs to be the 4 and done variety, but I'm not saying that either side is wrong, because neither is, they just perceive the ones that run counter to their goals as inconveniencing them, or "doing it wrong." I do not AFK, nor do I get obnoxious if the majority of the group that I'm in wants to try to go the distance, I might wait a few extra seconds to revive if it looks like we will likely all fall (the condition as it is spelled out right there in the mission goals window) but I will suck it up and go with the prevailing sentiment for as long as we can manage, not because they're right and I'm wrong, but because I'm big enough to not let my desire for short runs hamper my team when it's clear that the majority of them don't agree with my goals.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,979 Arc User
    Yes, yes. I am completely to blame for expecting to actually be able to play in-game content in the 'abnormal, actually playing the game' kind of way. Yes. My fault.

    How inconsiderate of me to get in the way of the people who are exploiting the system for maximized profits, even though 5 minutes on admirality and DOffing can net you the same levels of dilithium without getting in another person's way.

    And for the record, I've been playing the untimed version, and still have people (in an in-game sense. Not IRL) to get myself killed. The venom is totally justified because I am playing the indefinitely long arena survival as an indefinite arena survival, instead of "MAKE MONIES NOW".

    Cool.

    As above, I'm not saying that you're wrong, just that there are plenty on the other side who see you inconveniencing them, and you're both right. If people are doing this in the untimed version, though, they are being creeps, there's no doubt about that. Those of us who prefer these things shorter should be in the timed version, and absolutely nobody has any right to dictate how the rest of the team wants to get it done. If you want to set guidelines, find 4 other people who think like you an and queue privately. That goes for both sides of this. You get what you get when you PUG.

    Admiralty could make you that much, maybe. It's random which events come up when. On average, I'd put it closer to 300-500 dilithium per minute spent filling in assignments, and that's when you're cherry-picking for dilithium.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Okay, to sum up all the extant issues:

    We, as players, have to grind out 14 vouchers to get the Sompek Pulsewave, an item which we know precisely nothing about, using a mechanism which apparently has not been completely fixed from the previous version (which makes participation unreasonably problematic for one-third of the player professions), with no guarantee that the reward system will actually work.

    And we have to do this PER TOON.


    Yeah, this is not gonna work.

    Why is this different from literally any other sto event that you'd be so upset about it?

    There is an unacceptable lack of information being provided. We're on Day Six and there's no official information about the Sompek Pulsewave aside from the name. There's a GIF of it in action, and it is indeed a lightning shotgun, but that only came out Monday.

    The amount of information is more than acceptable. It's a lightning pulsewave what else is there to know?

    It doesn't even say what kind of damage it does. It literally says "Sompek Pulsewave." Only the twitter gif shows it to be an electricity-based weapon, and that was only revealed yesterday. On top of that, I wouldn't have even known about that if it wasn't for someone else posting the tweet in another forum I use, because I don't have Twitter or Facebook.

    Knowing what kind of damage it does is important to me, and likely to others as well.

    The reason I want to know this information is because, unlike some people who say "Oooh, cool new shiny, let's test it out on every character," I tend to do my characters based on a theme. Now, one of my characters is Zeus, and quite obviously he is a lightning themed character. Sompek Lightning, Lukari Wrist device, Lightning heavy weapon, Breen Rezreth, all that jazz. Now, because I only found out today that it is indeed a lightning based weapon, I have lost five days worth of grinding for it on Zeus (and any others), and there are extenuating circumstances that will also prevent me from grinding at least one more day, if not two or three. So there is a very real chance that I will not be able to grind out this event, and eventuality that could have been avoided if they had released any kind of information on the pulsewave other than the name.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

    Things I want in STO:

    1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    The PUG life is harsh.....

    I can see people bailing on wave 5 or 6 in the timed version frankly speaking but doing so in the untimed version is simply egregious asshattery of truly lazy and disengaged people.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè

  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    I feel like Kael's response of "we'll talk about it" isn't going to be enough. So far there has been no actual discussion with the community over anything, and AFK-ing feels like it's becoming worse as the days go by.

    I mean, seriously, this is not fair to anyone who actually WANTS TO PLAY THE GAME. I have not had one run this whole event -across several characters mind you- without someone deciding that they're too good to be courteous and make a private group to play the queue (Or rather, NOT play it) and so they start complaining and ruining the game for the rest of us.

    I understand that you might want to get the pulsewave on all your characters. I want that too! But I'm not going to run around ruining the game for others over it. There's not even any other reason to do it, either. The dilithium isn't even enough to outweigh the time lost doing Admirality and other, unobtrusive methods of grinding.

    The devs really should do something about this. Soon.

    It's not fair to others that you want to drag them out to the maximum time, or as close to it as you can get, either. I'm also not seeing AFK-ing, just those that don't revive after round 4 is done. The dilithium for a 5 round run is absolutely worth mor than your Admiralty or other farming. 14 runs of 5 4 rounds done then die, which takes about 3 minutes, is 42 minutes. That's over 1000 dilithium per minute. Admiralty doesn't pay that well, and even CCA for Nukara marks doesn't really pay that well on average.

    It's always those whose goals don't line up with our own that we see as being the problem, and it works both ways. I'm sure that everyone that dies after 4 rounds only to have some others go for longer thinks that those "tryhards" should form a private queue, or just do the untimed version.
    If you work out Admiralty as the time you spent slotting cards then you get well over 1000 dilithium per minute. I get well over 50,000 every 10 days with only a minute or 3 on it a day. That works out at over 1.5k+ per minute of time I spent slotting cards.

  • johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    I'd be happy to play a 5-minute version for per-character rewards or the 20-minute version for per-account rewards. But the stress of deciding which toons to commission for 5 hours apiece over the next couple weeks isn't worth it. I'll inevitably end up with my Rom & Klingon toons organizing riots about Fed Privilege and all that.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Well, politeness seems to be lost on some players

    "I don't care what you (inferring the team) want, I'm dying at round 5 - DO NOT REVIVE ME"

    Needless to say, he got revived often (and to add, he just stood there and fired off a few aoes, never firing a weapon once)

    Sometimes sto is most antisocial mmo I've played.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 635 Arc User
    > @burstorion said:
    > Well, politeness seems to be lost on some players
    >
    > "I don't care what you (inferring the team) want, I'm dying at round 5 - DO NOT REVIVE ME"
    >
    > Needless to say, he got revived often (and to add, he just stood there and fired off a few aoes, never firing a weapon once)
    >
    > Sometimes sto is most antisocial mmo I've played.

    You couldn't be anymore correct on your last statement
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • omegaher0omegaher0 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    They really should have made it account unlock or made it a 5 round run. I am tried of runs getting ruined because want the 5 and done. Keep in mind, I am using these runs, not just to get the weapon, but also for marks. And I ain't getting decent marks when people throw the match at round 5.
    "Suffer the little ones, lest they rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    My 2 EC:

    I'm in it for short runs, and I play the timed version. I agree that short-run players like me shouldn't be on the untimed version, that's where the diehard serious marathoners SHOULD be. But you long-runners aren't "proving" anything by going 20 full minutes. I've done the limit on all 8 of mine, and most aren't maxed out for ground. If you want a long run, play untimed.

    And there are jerks on both sides, I agree. I've seen long runs killed by inconsiderate short-run folk, and short runs (where 4 of 5 agreed in advance) killed by an inconsiderate mass-healing tank, who then had the gall to berate all 4 of us for spoiling his fun.

    At the start of a run, I'll ask: "Short run?" If I'm answered "yes, 5" (or 4 or 6 or 7), I'll play to the requested level and then die. If I'm told "no, long please", I'll stick around and fight my best for the full 20 minutes. I'd rather not, but I'm not going to strand a group that does. Just TELL ME which, up front, and I'm with you. The only time* I bailed was when I asked, and got NO reply, and they just bulled onward through Round 8 without slowing. If you can't have the courtesy to answer or the guts to say "no, let's go long", but just ignore me, than you don't need me, and I have no compunction about abandoning you.

    Seriously, this was MUCH more fun when it was a weekend event.

    14 days x 20 minutes x 8 Alts = TEDIUM.

    *[EDIT: "times". I had to do it twice more tonight so far, to people who were too rude to be bothered to tell me when I asked that they wanted a long run.]
    Post edited by vorwoda on
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I have 11 toons to run through as well, But we have until Sept. 7th to get all our toons through it. I want to run through all 11 toons the entire 20 minutes if I can, I enjoy it. At least I have until the "Give up at round 5" asshats have taken the queues hostage. And yes I may sound mad because I am. In three days I have not been able to complete an Arena of Sompek for all my toons because enough people every round just give up.

    You want to bail, fine beam out! but don't just stand there or die on purpose! Show everyone that you are an outright quitter. And that you will strip them out of the reputation points and their enjoyment of the game just for you to get your own "preciousnesses" daily quota and your rare weapon that you will probably never use anyway.

    And you have 21 day to get your points, not 14. You only need 14 Merits. So you only need to play 1 toon, 2 out of 3 weeks, but you don't seem to be able to do that in 20 minutes per toon. That means you need 4.7 Hours in the 3 weeks if it goes the whole 20 minutes every time, (and it rarely does). How much time do you spend in ESD discussing non-game topics, per week.

    So you are being part of the problem, of the enjoyment of other players; and when it is some item or game feature that I don't care about, should I be able to keep you from enjoying it? I wish it was an account unlock too because you cry babies could go and get your toy without the tears, breath holding, and tantrums and let the adults game.
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 673 Arc User
    Several erroneous assumptions there, sir or madam, which I'll endeavor to politely correct.
    geezerpunk wrote: »
    I have 11 toons to run through as well, But we have until Sept. 7th to get all our toons through it. I want to run through all 11 toons the entire 20 minutes if I can, I enjoy it.

    Good for you. I have 8, and I want to run them through as fast as possible. If you really enjoy Sompek, why don't you play the untimed version, where you can REALLY run each as long as you like? You might find fewer short run people there, and can enjoy it to your heart's content.
    At least I have until the "Give up at round 5" asshats have taken the queues hostage. And yes I may sound mad because I am. In three days I have not been able to complete an Arena of Sompek for all my toons because enough people every round just give up.
    First, there is no need for name calling, particularly if you wish to be credited as an "adult". Let me reiterate my previous suggestion then. If most of the group is deliberately dying, then it is you who do not belong, and it is YOU who's spoiling everyone else's fun. If 4 out of 5 people want a short run, it's you who should beam out and find another group (or, better still, try the untimed version, where people who WANT long runs would play).
    You want to bail, fine beam out! but don't just stand there or die on purpose! Show everyone that you are an outright quitter. And that you will strip them out of the reputation points and their enjoyment of the game just for you to get your own "preciousnesses" daily quota and your rare weapon that you will probably never use anyway.
    Your first erroneous assumption. I DO beam out, I DON'T just stand there or die on purpose in a long group. I am NOT an AFKer, leeching off others. And I only even beam out, when the ones who want a long term run have neither the courtesy nor guts to ADMIT THAT when I ask politely up front. If I'm queued with you and you TELL me you want a long run, I'll graciously stay and fight my best at your side for the duration. But if you ignore my polite request for information, THEN I have no compunction about abandoning rude people who would deceitfully waste my time to their just fates.

    Again, if I'm told up front that the rest of the group wants a long run, I don't quit. But trick me into a long run, and I will gladly TRIBBLE you over rather than waste 20 minutes helping rude people. I'll go do quick runs on other alts, and try alt again after the cooldown.
    And you have 21 day to get your points, not 14. You only need 14 Merits. So you only need to play 1 toon, 2 out of 3 weeks, but you don't seem to be able to do that in 20 minutes per toon. That means you need 4.7 Hours in the 3 weeks if it goes the whole 20 minutes every time, (and it rarely does).
    Your second erroneous assumption. 4.7 hours PER TOON - this is NOT an account unlock. Times 8 toons is almost 40 hours, which is a full work week to earn a digital toy and some dil. No, I am NOT willing to do that, when it can be done in a quarter of that time with Sompek Suicide (5 and die). Judging by your own testimony, most of the people in the timed queue agree with me. Again, why don't you try the untimed version? I'm sure you'll be happier there.
    How much time do you spend in ESD discussing non-game topics, per week.
    None. Absolutely none. I'm not here to chat, I'm here to play a Star Trek game. When I'm not doing the increasingly necessary and tedious grinds like Sompek, I'm enjoying Foundry missions, DOFFing, or doing Admiralty. And I'm almost never on ESD in any case. Due to some graphics bug in STO, my computer crashes periodically on ground maps (another reason I prefer fast Sompek runs over marathons). This bug was fixed in a patch at the end of February, but reintroduced at the end of April. I had two months of crash-free ground maps. If the DEVs would restore the fix, I'd be more willing to spend more time on ground. As it is, I'm only 100% crash-free in space.
    So you are being part of the problem, of the enjoyment of other players; and when it is some item or game feature that I don't care about, should I be able to keep you from enjoying it? I wish it was an account unlock too because you cry babies could go and get your toy without the tears, breath holding, and tantrums and let the adults game.
    [/quote]

    As I mentioned before, there are players on "your side" who are part of the problem, too. People who, when the majority has STATED AT THE START that they want a short run, nevertheless go around healing and reviving people against their wills. And I suspect you may be one of them. When you heal those who wish to die (when MOST of the group wants a short run), then YOU are the problem. When the majority in your PUG wants a short run and YOU keep it going, YOU are the problem. YOU then become the one person who is keeping four other people from enjoying the game as they wish, by trying to force your own play-style on them.

    Cry babies? No. It's not crying to expect the needs of the many to outweigh the needs of the one. As I have said, I am willing to play long runs, if that's what the group wants AND THEY TELL ME WHEN I ASK. You're the one "crying" because you haven't gotten a 20 minute run in three days. You're the one name-calling, which is not very "adult" of you.

    Try playing in the untimed version, or at LEAST have the courtesy to state at the beginning of the run that you want a long run. If most of the group feels the same way, great. If not, either play their way, or beam out, and switch to another of your 11 alts and try that toon again later. But if you're going to live in a glass house, you might not want to throw stones.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    You know, as someone who wants to play the 20 minute queue because it's a good source of marks and the perfect time spent for me to not get bored, I'm kinda upset that it's the go-to "I don't have to actually play lol" queue. I still don't see the point in doing the queue for anything but the gun, as every other reward is easier to get elsewhere. But aside from that, I still believe that anyone who doesn't want to actually play should make a private, intentional suicide queue group.

    And after plenty of people getting mad at me and shouting, even in the untimed version, I can't really say I care any more about your schedules or "maximum profits." I queued for a 20 minute game. 20 minutes is how long I expect to play for. Not longer, and not less.

    If you want to intentionally not play the game the way it was designed, do it with people who agree with you, otherwise I'm just going to camp in a corner spamming Phasic Shroud, Bio-Harmonic Emitters, and Photonic Barrier Generator until the 20 is up.
  • kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    When I'm doing Sompek for the daily merit (doing it on four characters), I'll join the timed queue and assume most if not everyone is there for a quick run. Usually round six's lightning or hazards wrap it up nicely. If not, I'll contribute all the way, if only to progress the rounds up to a point where one or two stubborn players won't be able to keep it going anymore.

    Untimed I play for fun. When I queue for that one, I know I have the time and interest to do my best and keep fighting for as long as possible. Mostly PUGs, so results vary - and that's what makes it interesting.

    The way I see it, both tryhards in timed and slackers in untimed are equal in asshattery. They're all being stupid and selfish. 20 minutes won't get you anywhere interesting; there simply isn't enough time to reach any decent rounds. No reason to waste other people's time by running laps around the arena when nobody is reviving. And if you're in it for the daily merit, why in Q's name would you sign up for the untimed queue, where others are bringing their A-game? Just don't. You'll get what you want much faster in timed.

    Suicide in timed, strive in untimed. Everyone is happy that way.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    kaarruu wrote: »
    [..]
    Suicide in timed, strive in untimed. Everyone is happy that way.

    That has been my overwhelming experience as well as expectations as well. People looking to go the distance for however long que for the untimed and people wanting it fast and dirty hit the timed one. Simple, easy....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè

  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Your first erroneous assumption. I DO beam out, I DON'T just stand there or die on purpose in a long group. I am NOT an AFKer, leeching off others. And I only even beam out, when the ones who want a long term run have neither the courtesy nor guts to ADMIT THAT when I ask politely up front. If I'm queued with you and you TELL me you want a long run, I'll graciously stay and fight my best at your side for the duration. But if you ignore my polite request for information, THEN I have no compunction about abandoning rude people who would deceitfully waste my time to their just fates.

    Again, if I'm told up front that the rest of the group wants a long run, I don't quit. But trick me into a long run, and I will gladly **** you over rather than waste 20 minutes helping rude people. I'll go do quick runs on other alts, and try alt again after the cooldown.
    "interesting" approach since the only person this sort of behavior actually penalizes is you.

    Also... I don't see how you can honestly call it deceit when the person in question literally said NOTHING about their goal.

    Is it rude? Possibly, but, getting annoyed at people in pugs is a bit futile.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,462 Arc User
    IRL isn't there a difference between suicide and dying with a DNR order in place?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    While this debate is interesting, I believe we can agree that the lack of actual information about the weapon is inexcusable; we are within our rights to demand an explanation and apology from the relevant persons. In the meantime, this image has surfaced...

  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,462 Arc User
    Most likely it drops as a Rare Mk XIII. I hate Blue Event drops, but I hate Blue Lobi Space Equipment even more. :)

    For the effort or cost involved VR should be the base.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    I've just decided to skip all this drama and hassle and not even bother with the event.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

    Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    The Sompek Pulsewave will be a per character unlock.

    Mhm. Ok...

    Just keep it.

    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 635 Arc User
    The Sompek Pulsewave will be a per character unlock.

    Mhm. Ok...

    Just keep it.

    My thought too.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    vorwoda wrote: »
    Your first erroneous assumption. I DO beam out, I DON'T just stand there or die on purpose in a long group. I am NOT an AFKer, leeching off others. And I only even beam out, when the ones who want a long term run have neither the courtesy nor guts to ADMIT THAT when I ask politely up front. If I'm queued with you and you TELL me you want a long run, I'll graciously stay and fight my best at your side for the duration. But if you ignore my polite request for information, THEN I have no compunction about abandoning rude people who would deceitfully waste my time to their just fates.

    Again, if I'm told up front that the rest of the group wants a long run, I don't quit. But trick me into a long run, and I will gladly **** you over rather than waste 20 minutes helping rude people. I'll go do quick runs on other alts, and try alt again after the cooldown.
    "interesting" approach since the only person this sort of behavior actually penalizes is you.
    Doesn't penalize me. I skip waiting another 15 minutes of grind, get it done on other characters in nicer groups, and come back to that alt, usually on a better team.
    Also... I don't see how you can honestly call it deceit when the person in question literally said NOTHING about their goal.

    Perhaps deceit was a bit strong. But if everyone stated their wishes at the beginning, it would avoid most of the needless drama and frustration on both sides.
    Is it rude? Possibly, but, getting annoyed at people in pugs is a bit futile.

    True. Very true.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,977 Arc User
    It's bad enough that all the enemies cheat in STO we don't need the arena to cheat too.

    Enemies don't even need weapons in STO they have so many other powers.
  • sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited August 2017

    LwWKJJL.jpg

    Sompek Pulsewave
    Post edited by sarah2774 on
    OPv9m3F.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.