test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Get Razer Rewards for Playing Star Trek Online!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
We've teamed up with Razer to offer Star Trek Online through their Razer Cortex software - and you can earn awesome Razer gear by playing Star Trek Online!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10538533

Comments

• Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Sounds cool, I just wish they came out with this years ago instead of now when I dont play as much anymore :(
    These never work out to be worth bothering with, unless you spent every minute playing a game...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    jatus1jatus1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Sooo... 500-600h for a mug? 1100-1300h for keyboard? Right... it is not worth of installing this sh*t :/
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I am surprised at this since wouldn't this compete with their own Arc?

I'm not saying Arc is great, but I try, remember, to use Arc about every other day & even though I haven't earned enough yet for a reward I do notice small increments of progress.

I'll definitely check-out this Razer equivalent since they have good products.

Either way, my mind-set, if I'm going to be logging into STO to play & enjoy I might as well try to optimize my rewards for doing so.
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    I spend way more time playing STO than is healthy, and even for me it would take a ridiculously long time to get anything from this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to complain about free stuff per se--but why even bother when said "free stuff" would take less time and effort to get via my day job? This whole idea seems completely pointless to me.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Personally - no way, thank you very much!
    I have enough things installed on my PC, no way i add some other MMO manager, that will take memory/CPU resources.
    My PC is old enough, i need maximise it's performance to actually play the game...
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Nice try, but you lost me at "you can download the program...".

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

not really, since you can launch the game through arc and still get playtime credit with cortex, as i found out with neverwinter which had this for about a month already

cortex just needs to be running, you don't need to launch the game through it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    wwwwoodywwwwoody Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Not sure if this was announced a bit too soon? I am not seeing Star Trek on the supported games in the cortex dashboard, nor is my 'zsilver' amount increasing. It is adding up actual time played, but nothing beyond that

(Also, why does arc keep telling me I am using a new browser and asks me for a new pin every single time I sign in here :/)
  • Options
    crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Can we get retroactive rewards? I have 1300 hours on steam alone.

I'd rather not have to play for another 1000 hours on cortex, just to get a mouse, even longer for a keyboard.
    LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • Options
    betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    So does this mean you'll finale fix whats making my deathhadder mouse from freezing up randomly.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    What a load of rubbish, it doesn't optimize your system’s performance its junk that runs in the background taking up resources and making your system less secure. All so you can spend 500 hours to get a £1.50 mug. Star Trek online should be better then associating its self with rubbish like this. You shouldn't be proud that you support bloatware you should be ashamed.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

not really, since you can launch the game through arc and still get playtime credit with cortex, as i found out with neverwinter which had this for about a month already

cortex just needs to be running, you don't need to launch the game through it​​

That's good to know. Thanks. Maybe I'll download it after some more research about it & decide if worth it.

wwwwoody wrote: »
    Not sure if this was announced a bit too soon? I am not seeing Star Trek on the supported games in the cortex dashboard, nor is my 'zsilver' amount increasing. It is adding up actual time played, but nothing beyond that

(Also, why does arc keep telling me I am using a new browser and asks me for a new pin every single time I sign in here :/)

Well, I'll definitely take my time then researching & maybe downloading since it wont help if it's not even working yet. Thanks for the personal update on it.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    This is too good to be true :love:
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    Any in game rewards? I know Raptur had something similar where you could buy items like the NX-01 and a tabby cat. But if it is just hardware, I got enough of that already thank you.
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    No thanks.

I used Raptr for a good few years for various games and then they dropped rewards because there was never any support to offer rewards from companies.
    So that wasted months of points.

Arc Quests are ok, if you can handle having a mixture of random launchers to cycle through daily for points. But it's not idea lif you don't want the program installed.

Here's an idea though Cryptic/PWE
    GIVE US REWARDS FOR TIME PLAYING STO DIRECT!!! Not using some crappy 3rd party software/bloatware.
    A lot of players rack up hours daily, reward those people direct not with this nonsense.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    I have check the game supported for Razer. Only Neverwinter is on the list. STO isn't supported yet. Probably because Razer doesn't have make any update yet ? (oh, and STO doesn't appear on the list by default).
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    wwwwoody wrote: »

pascaldu76 wrote: »
    I have check the game supported for Razer. Only Neverwinter is on the list. STO isn't supported yet. Probably because Razer doesn't have make any update yet ? (oh, and STO doesn't appear on the list by default).

Just took a look again at the wording on the post;

'Starting very soon, you’ll be able to launch Star Trek Online through Razer Cortex, and begin earning Razer’s currency, zSilver, for every minute you play the game. '

Then;

'You’re eligible to start earning rewards right now – so what are you waiting for?'

Now that I looked again it seems to mean, immediately you can get the 'sign into cortex bonus' but does not yet include the 'play sto to earn silver bonus', would be nice to know when 'very soon' is though.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    Actually, STO is listed on my games on the program, though I haven't tried it yet
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    ... if I did my math right, I would have to some how keep my game client running non-stop for 51 days to get the chroma keyboard (220,000 zSilver) ... if I ever decide I want one, I'll just open my wallet. IMHO this promo is a waste of time for everyone involved.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    Actually, STO is listed on my games on the program, though I haven't tried it yet

It will list it as it realises you have it installed, but it doesn't list STO under it's 'supported games' so no reward for playing it as yet, though it will track the time you spend doing so.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    ... if I did my math right, I would have to some how keep my game client running non-stop for 51 days to get the chroma keyboard (220,000 zSilver) ... if I ever decide I want one, I'll just open my wallet. IMHO this promo is a waste of time for everyone involved.

But considering the price of the chroma keyboard, Not everyone can afford a nice keyboard. Some people can only afford hand me downs. $120 on a keyboard can buy a person tons of Ramen noodles. I don't mind playing games that I like to get rewards, So long as they don't kill the program when a person is only half way to the reward they want. I could always use a new keyboard and mouse that are about $200 together.

And if you think it's a waste of time, then don't participate, but DON'T SPEAK FOR OTHER PEOPLE. you don't know what they might like.

Plus, did your math also include their daily log in rewards of up to 900 a day? That by itself can bring the 51 days down by alot. There is always more than one way to skin a tribble.
  • Options
    cheyrnoblcheyrnobl Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    No thanks!

It is bad enough that Arc continues to run taking up resources on my system. I don't need yet another thing running in the background or a program that tries to sell me things that i am not interested in. That software is a memory hog and adware. I'll just continue to do the Arc missions for my rewards which I have collected on several times now.

No Thanks!
    cc9efaec920f318ef8a1b6184b623258.gif
  • Options
    banshirbanshir Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    No thanks.

I used Raptr for a good few years for various games and then they dropped rewards because there was never any support to offer rewards from companies.
    So that wasted months of points.

Did you get the T6 Defiant at least? One of the best rewards I ever got from Raptr.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »

But considering the price of the chroma keyboard, Not everyone can afford a nice keyboard. Some people can only afford hand me downs. $120 on a keyboard can buy a person tons of Ramen noodles. I don't mind playing games that I like to get rewards, So long as they don't kill the program when a person is only half way to the reward they want. I could always use a new keyboard and mouse that are about $200 together.

And if you think it's a waste of time, then don't participate, but DON'T SPEAK FOR OTHER PEOPLE. you don't know what they might like.

Plus, did your math also include their daily log in rewards of up to 900 a day? That by itself can bring the 51 days down by alot. There is always more than one way to skin a tribble.

his math is way, WAY off; at a max of 940 per day (900 from the game client running for 5 hours - anything beyond 5 is a waste since you're limited to a max of 900 silver earned from the game per day - and 40 from the daily login bonus) it will take around 235 days to be able to buy a 220,000 silver keyboard - which doesn't factor in the few thousand signup bonus you currently get for making a razer account or linking an account to cortex or whatever it was, so that'll shave off a few days

in other words, the better part of a year​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Yeah no thanks. Why download another program to play the same game? For a mug or a mouse? I have a feeling this will just slow my already slow computer down some more. Besides I already have a Homer Simpson coffee mug from Moe's which cannot be topped by your Razer junk.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    It's not a mug, it's a mug holder. I assume that's a glorified coaster with lights.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    Lol, 1222 hours to get a keyboard, even if you leave your computer on 24/7 it would take 50 days to get it and you'll probably spend more in electricity than buying the keyboard directly. The cheapest thing there takes almost 9 hours to get and it's a discount. A simple cloth for your mouse takes 433 hours, 18 days.

I mean sure it's free stuff, it's not gonna be easy to get, but the objectives seem pretty unrealistic, so, this is basically a promotion that attracts players with the promise of stuff, but most of them will get nothing at all. I mean it's economy 101, well played sure, but next time be more subtle, this was very easy to spot.