test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Get Razer Rewards for Playing Star Trek Online!

13»

Comments

• Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I play STO from a separate partition so I'm not worried about being spied on persay. Anyway I installed this pile of junk and it did slow my system down marginally but after I checked no reward points. So whats the deal?
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    We've teamed up with Razer to offer Star Trek Online through their Razer Cortex software - and you can earn awesome Razer gear by playing Star Trek Online!

Full details here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10538533

thats cool but I have been playing other game that have been doing this for awhile now, GTA, BF1, DBX, Robocraft, StarCraft, Skyrim, the Forest, and World of Warships, just to name a few. way to be on top of the game...
  • Options
    vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    potasssium wrote: »
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Nice try, but you lost me at "you can download the program...".

Right there with you. Oh a program to monitor my playtime, love too see what other information gathering they have wrapped in. Maybe if I could run this and STO on Linux using a virtual machine.

#twitter...
  • Options
    reaperclubreaperclub Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Played STO through Cortex & Arc, still no points, why you lie bro?
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    reaperclub wrote: »

they didn't lied, you just not read it carefully:
    ...Starting very soon...
    ... as in "not yet, but soon". :D
  • Options
    reaperclubreaperclub Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »

...Starting very soon...

I know I read the whole thing, it was humor. :)

• Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »

...Starting very soon...

But they did.
    You’re eligible to start earning rewards right now – so what are you waiting for?

So which is it? Right now or starting soon?

Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I'd rather have GeForce Experiece optimize my STO, which it hasn't yet, than Razer.

Older games from Fallout 3 and Jade Empire to newer games like (Cryptic's) D&D Neverwinter MMO and Fallout 4/Shelter all get optimized by the GeForce Exp. program which is from the company which made my graphics card. But not STO (or Champions Online, for that matter), which isn't part of the available games to be optimized by the program I'm using.... *sigh*

Heh, I remember when a friend of mine from my City of Hero days convinced me and others from our Super Group to get SETI's program that wasn't supposed to gobble up bandwidth and was supposed to have little to no impact on game play while it was running.... I'm glad I had to get a new computer back then and didn't bother to try to download it again.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    For those who were interested, the Razer program is now available.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    7 days since the announcement have already 9925 points. arc points for forum posts and such would also be nice ...
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Awesome update, ambassadorkael, & now time for us that haven't checked out this Razer Cortez to take a look or look again: "Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!"

Has anyone seen any announcement about earning anything in-game, STO, for using this Razer Cortez? I personally would want that over actual hardware.
  • Options
    gxv4gxv4 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    is this live now?? as I don't seem to be getting anything at all.
    Blue02.png
  • Options
    mystarlite#1876 mystarlite Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    gxv4 wrote: »
    is this live now?? as I don't seem to be getting anything at all.

I've had to restart Cortex to see how many points i've earned. It doesn't seem to update for me.
  • Options
    mystarlite#1876 mystarlite Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I also see on https://zvault.razerzone.com/transaction/zSilver that points are a transaction so i may have to restart the software more as it shows one day i did not get the full 900 points. I really don't know if it only posts transactions when you exit the software. That would be a hassle if i have it on during the daily rollover.
  • Options
    naryan#9475 naryan Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Is STO no longer supported?

I was getting points ok until the 3rd of August, but I got nothing for the 4th or any for my playtime today (5th).
    Has the update on the 3rd broke the programs ability to detect STO, or has Razer just decided to stop supporting it?
  • Options
    tarriensimtarriensim Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It looks like they now have a "Monthly" set of 5 games that earn points. 3 games are picked by Razer and 2 are vote in games by Razer users. STO is not one of the games in the list now. I guess they realized too many people were racking up points for free stuff.