What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Cold Dishes"

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    psiameese wrote: »
    Heh. I also know who that prisoner has to be. A certain gin'tak might finally get to fulfill that role. Which suggests a new Klingon story mission might be in the pipeline. Pretty please?

I think it's more likely that this is the setup to our next featured episode in the main arc. Torg might have been hanging around the Kentari (see. cowards and criminals, stench cloud [Gron'cra nebula]), dealing with the Tzenkethi (former enemies of the Empire), and plotting revenge using proto-matter based weaponry. The recent string of attacks might be "demonstrations" or test runs to satisfy or lure buyers.

We find Torg's forces involved with the Tzenkethi and, as things progress, discover Martok being held as prisoner. Torg's revenge plans are tehn revealed. We strike a significant blow but Torg escapes, finally providing a singular villain for the current arc. Next mission: join Martok+friends in the climatic defense of the Empire. We defeat torg, but find a complicating element for the next arc when something about the crystals we've been finding is revealed (Fesarian eggs? :tongue:)

Except he mentioned "face stretching", which we know of only one species that has face stretching sessions. The Son'a. And while some of the Son'a who were in the Briar Patch during Insurrection may have gone back with the Ba'ku, I seriously doubt ALL of them did. And we know the Son'a have illegal Isolitic Subspace Weapons.

As for the crystals... whatever they are, the Tzenkethi are afraid of them. And I wonder if the Protomatter bombings are like the Halo arrays. Not meant to destroy the target, but what sustains the target. Protomatter bombs obliterate all ORGANIC matter. The crystals... are not organic. Why use Protomatter to scour a world of all organic life if your target isn't organic at all?

Whatever it is... its got the Tzenkethi scared enough to obliterate life on planets with the deposits.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Well... If I remember the lore behind K-13 correctly... there was evidence of the Crystals on Draconis III hundreds of years before TOS, as the people on Draconis III were worshiping them even back in the 1400s or so. So we're talking about 800 years or so before the Kelvans show up, combined with about another 200 or so on top of that to bring it up to STO's time period.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Sorry that you are marked to die @ambassadorkael#6946

Could be some other Kael ;)
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User

Reading the "Path to 2409" doesn't give any clear indication on how the prisoner might be, unless Martok is actually alive, and being held somewhere.

*Ding*
    I find the idea that Martok has been alive this whole time pretty dumb since it would mean everyone just accepted J'mpok's claim that he killed Martok in battle, despite not handing over a body.

It wouldn't be the first time someone fabricated a dead body in Star Trek.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    psiameese wrote: »
    Heh. I also know who that prisoner has to be. A certain gin'tak might finally get to fulfill that role. Which suggests a new Klingon story mission might be in the pipeline. Pretty please?
    I think it's more likely that this is the setup to our next featured episode in the main arc. Torg might have been hanging around the Kentari (see. cowards and criminals, stench cloud [Gron'cra nebula]), dealing with the Tzenkethi (former enemies of the Empire), and plotting revenge using proto-matter based weaponry. The recent string of attacks might be "demonstrations" or test runs to satisfy or lure buyers.

We find Torg's forces involved with the Tzenkethi and, as things progress, discover Martok being held as prisoner. Torg's revenge plans are tehn revealed. We strike a significant blow but Torg escapes, finally providing a singular villain for the current arc. Next mission: join Martok+friends in the climatic defense of the Empire. We defeat torg, but find a complicating element for the next arc when something about the crystals we've been finding is revealed (Fesarian eggs? :tongue:)
    Except he mentioned "face stretching", which we know of only one species that has face stretching sessions. The Son'a. And while some of the Son'a who were in the Briar Patch during Insurrection may have gone back with the Ba'ku, I seriously doubt ALL of them did. And we know the Son'a have illegal Isolitic Subspace Weapons.

As for the crystals... whatever they are, the Tzenkethi are afraid of them. And I wonder if the Protomatter bombings are like the Halo arrays. Not meant to destroy the target, but what sustains the target. Protomatter bombs obliterate all ORGANIC matter. The crystals... are not organic. Why use Protomatter to scour a world of all organic life if your target isn't organic at all?

Whatever it is... its got the Tzenkethi scared enough to obliterate life on planets with the deposits.
    I don't think so, IIRC one of the planets nuked by the Tzenkethi was one of the moons of Kentar. I don't think it had a biosphere to annihilate.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Korok scrolled through the roster of names he designated for arrest on charges of cowardice and treason. He had narrowed the list down to troublemakers that he had no personal fondness for - Gelka, Moloth, two Kangs, B’vQok, and Kael.

aCkn6ER.gif
    Nice knowing ya, Kael.

So, what, the next feature episode is where we find out Kael is a temporal operative we need to rescue?
  • Options
    starfallarmadastarfallarmada Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Korok scrolled through the roster of names he designated for arrest on charges of cowardice and treason. He had narrowed the list down to troublemakers that he had no personal fondness for - Gelka, Moloth, two Kangs, B’vQok, and Kael.

Nice knowing ya, Kael.

Who is Kael?

I'm guessing you missed who started this thread.

Haha, why yes I did. Clever
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    The plot just got EXTRA THICC!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    As long as we get a chance for a KDF version of Cutting the cord (you know, that scene) , I'll be happy (more so if it turns out our favourite 'armless Iconian is the one dealing due to the other icos not supplying her war)

More so if we kill Torg whilst the snivelling targ runt begs for his life, offering riches like a lowly ferengi...or an enforced bat'leth (or a certain dagger, hint, hint) battle one on one

That said, did we ever find out what happened to the true sword of Khaless? (Looking at Saurials Iconians) ..was it beamed out with us or will we find T'ket has it as a new arm we need to tear off? :grin:
  • Options
    The sword could have been destroyed. IIRC the building blew up with the sword inside it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    A sword like that transcends time and space. You can't destroy that. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The sword could have been destroyed. IIRC the building blew up with the sword inside it.
    Actually, no. You bailed out before you could find the last generator because Kahless decided to botch the infiltration for the glory and T'Ket found you, without blowing anything up.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    I don't think so, IIRC one of the planets nuked by the Tzenkethi was one of the moons of Kentar. I don't think it had a biosphere to annihilate.

While that is true... most of the planets that have the deposits have organic life.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Except he mentioned "face stretching".

"I have relied on those face-tightening taHqeq to arrange meetings with our allies so that the Alliance wouldn’t learn of my plan"

The Son'a aren't Torg's main ally, they're serving as intermediaries. At the moment, they could just be a casual reference explaining part of Torg's web of deceit. They may or may not show up during a mission, but it appears that the central figure is still the Tzenkethi (alo given that the Son'a aren't on record in STO as being enemies of the Klingon Empire. Rodek said otherwise of the Tzenkethi.) There's also:

"You have joined with former enemies of the Empire – and if reports from Qo’noS are to be believed, they will soon be our enemies again."

The reports reference are likely connected with our last few featured episodes.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    As long as we get a chance for a KDF version of Cutting the cord (you know, that scene) , I'll be happy (more so if it turns out our favourite 'armless Iconian is the one dealing due to the other icos not supplying her war)

More so if we kill Torg whilst the snivelling targ runt begs for his life, offering riches like a lowly ferengi...or an enforced bat'leth (or a certain dagger, hint, hint) battle one on one
    Honestly what I'd prefer would be for a KDF player character to say something along the lines of "you don't deserve a warrior's death, so you will live with your dishonor until such time as you'll die with dishonor like the traitor you are!" while in public, doing it that way would rob Torg of pretty much any influence within the Klingon empire since not only was Torg defeated in battle but the Hero of Empire who defeated him (aka us) deemed Torg unworthy of a warrior's death thus robbing him of any external honor (aka honor in the eyes of other klingons) he might still have, pretty much removing any allies he still might have remaining due to them not wanting to loose their honor by associating with Torg or his allies.
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    There's many options on who it could be. I personally really hope it's something Gamma Quadrant related because I'd like to explore it and have a Gamma quadrant expansion, just like how we had a Delta quardrant one.
  • Options
    deadr47deadr47 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Pls let me make post in bugs forum.
  • Options
    patrickngo wrote: »
    small problem.

didn't we kill him in the Council chamber..you know, in front of WITNESSES?

now, then, the OLD ending-pre 1-20 missions/pre Legacy of Romulus release, He definitely COULD have escaped-that ending didn't have the dramatic death of Alexander and the epic brawl with the beam-in of Torg troops, but no beam-out of Torg himself.
    Just a 'turning away' in discommendation...but I'm pretty certain we killed Torg already, unless the mission's gotten a stealthy rewrite. (second problem being, there'd be damn little slowing Worf down from pursuing him if he'd beamed out, but nada..)
    which specific mission is this?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    small problem.

didn't we kill him in the Council chamber..you know, in front of WITNESSES?

now, then, the OLD ending-pre 1-20 missions/pre Legacy of Romulus release, He definitely COULD have escaped-that ending didn't have the dramatic death of Alexander and the epic brawl with the beam-in of Torg troops, but no beam-out of Torg himself.
    Just a 'turning away' in discommendation...but I'm pretty certain we killed Torg already, unless the mission's gotten a stealthy rewrite. (second problem being, there'd be damn little slowing Worf down from pursuing him if he'd beamed out, but nada..)
    which specific mission is this?

ending of "The House Always Wins", Sequence of events after Torg kills Alexander, you and Worf take him down, (including killing Torg himself), then Worf does the "Scream at t he afterlife" after Alexander's last words.

Subsequent missions refer to fighting remnants of House Torg from time to time, but no referents to Torg himself having survived or escaped.

Until this blog post.

Now, that might actually be a dropped hint that the early (and older) Klingon missions are in rework, which was hinted at last year, and maybe they'll be adjusting to have Torg escape, or were adjusted but it's not 'live' yet, but as it stands from the last time I leveled an alt for KDF (last year), and the last time I 'followed along' helping a new player level (about three months ago), the blog post doesn't fit on the basic premise that the main baddie shown is Dead.

This was actually changed when the KDF was reworked into a faction that starts at Level 1 (with Legacy of Romulus). Yes, you still fight Torg after he attacked Alexander, but now he beams out when he's about to lose.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    '...beams out when he's about to lose.' You mean he has no honor. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    well, yeah, actually this is after he is discommendated. Soo... the council had basically declared him to lack honor.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    well, yeah, actually this is after he is discommendated. Soo... the council had basically declared him to lack honor.
    The thing is that klingon concept of honor is shall we say complicated, if Torg was able to convince his followers that he was a victim of dishonorble plot to elimate him, he might be able to retain honor in their eyes.

We got to remember that klingon honor is largely "external honor" meaning how honorble others see you, opposed to internal honor meaning how well you think you fit a certain code of honor you've set to yourself. While those 2 definations aren't mutually exclusive, they're not the same thing either, a cleaver and charismatic politician might have a lot of external honor due being able to explain away any cases of him seeming to break the cultural code of honor, but have little to no internal honor (either due to not really having a personal code of honor or simply not following it).

when Worf says "at least I got my honor" he's talking about his internal honor, in essense he's saying "at least I've lived by my code of honor", while when the high council talks about honor they mean external honor aka how a person is seen by the Klingon Empire as a collective.

And what I've gathered from that short story Torg isn't exactly popular or he wouldn't have to resort to a "silver bullet" weapon to defeat the current Klingon leadership. So it could be possible that those who follow Torg are few fanatical followers he has left.