test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Cold Dishes"

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Our newest fiction blog lays the seeds for the next story in Star Trek Online. Torg is returning to the galactic stage. But where has the traitorous Klingon been?

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10525903

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Cold Dish indeed, it's been a while since we dealt with the House of Torg.

I presume this has nothing to do with https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1216685848/torg-eternity, one of the best and creative RPGs ever made?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Heh, I'm amused that 80% of the STO playerbase will have no idea of the context.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    oh good, can I finally kill this traitorous coward soon?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    “I have relied on those face-tightening taHqeq to arrange meetings with our allies"

Sounds like he has been working with the S'ona.

Foreshadowing their introduction into STO perhaps?
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Son'a lockbox: WANT!!!!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,332 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    “I have relied on those face-tightening taHqeq to arrange meetings with our allies"

Missed that. Good catch.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    Korok scrolled through the roster of names he designated for arrest on charges of cowardice and treason. He had narrowed the list down to troublemakers that he had no personal fondness for - Gelka, Moloth, two Kangs, B’vQok, and Kael.

aCkn6ER.gif
    Nice knowing ya, Kael.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    starfallarmadastarfallarmada Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Ooo, I like this one! Been waiting for the Son,a to pop up for a while. Looks like I need to go back and play some old episodes for get in the right mindset for this. I assume its part of the Klingon story arc, but is it only ones available to KDF characters or do feds have it too?
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Ooo, I like this one! Been waiting for the Son,a to pop up for a while. Looks like I need to go back and play some old episodes for get in the right mindset for this. I assume its part of the Klingon story arc, but is it only ones available to KDF characters or do feds have it too?

this is sto, of course federation players are going to be able to play it. they wrote the storyline the way they did, so they could do everything as crossfaction.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    starfallarmadastarfallarmada Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Korok scrolled through the roster of names he designated for arrest on charges of cowardice and treason. He had narrowed the list down to troublemakers that he had no personal fondness for - Gelka, Moloth, two Kangs, B’vQok, and Kael.

aCkn6ER.gif
    Nice knowing ya, Kael.

Who is Kael?

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Sorry that you are marked to die @ambassadorkael#6946
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I encourage you all to find out what happened "17 years" ago to find out who that ominous prisoner might be :tongue:
  • Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Feels like they could be allies to the Tzenkethi also though wonder whom theey have for the past 17 years. Though they must have gotten him recently or something.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    thorodal wrote: »
    I encourage you all to find out what happened "17 years" ago to find out who that ominous prisoner might be :tongue:

I believe I know who that person is, and it's something that's stuck with me since I first read the game lore. I really hope it's who I think it is.

This could be a fantastic story year for STO if the things they've been hinting at come to pass.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    thorodal wrote: »

I believe I know who that person is, and it's something that's stuck with me since I first read the game lore. I really hope it's who I think it is.

This could be a fantastic story year for STO if the things they've been hinting at come to pass.

i also believe i know who the prisoner is, and it makes me wonder if we (meaning the KDF) will have a 'new' chancellor in the future :3
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    New Chancellor, maybe since Torg did say they will attack the Klingnon home world and chances are we will be fighting in First City.
  • Options
    gazurtoid wrote: »

Also: "I have spent the last year in this miserable stench-cloud" sounds like he's hiding in a nebula, the Briar Patch?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User

Reading the "Path to 2409" doesn't give any clear indication on how the prisoner might be, unless Martok is actually alive, and being held somewhere.

*Ding*
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    Heh. I also know who that prisoner has to be. A certain gin'tak might finally get to fulfill that role. Which suggests a new Klingon story mission might be in the pipeline. Pretty please?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    well, it was specifically stated that he did not, and there are even NPCs in the game who question whether the succession was legit....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    psiameese wrote: »
    Heh. I also know who that prisoner has to be. A certain gin'tak might finally get to fulfill that role. Which suggests a new Klingon story mission might be in the pipeline. Pretty please?

I think it's more likely that this is the setup to our next featured episode in the main arc. Torg might have been hanging around the Kentari (see. cowards and criminals, stench cloud [Gron'cra nebula]), dealing with the Tzenkethi (former enemies of the Empire), and plotting revenge using proto-matter based weaponry. The recent string of attacks might be "demonstrations" or test runs to satisfy or lure buyers.

We find Torg's forces involved with the Tzenkethi and, as things progress, discover Martok being held as prisoner. Torg's revenge plans are tehn revealed. We strike a significant blow but Torg escapes, finally providing a singular villain for the current arc. Next mission: join Martok+friends in the climatic defense of the Empire. We defeat torg, but find a complicating element for the next arc when something about the crystals we've been finding is revealed (Fesarian eggs? :tongue:)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    I was wondering if we'd ever hear from ole' bright eyes again. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Fingers crossed that we'll be hearing J. G. Hertzler's mellifluous voice very, very soon. If there's any Klingon that knows how to deal with imprisonment, it's Martok, and if we get some of the Sona ships, so much the better.

Yes, yes, Insurrection was terrible but I've had my eye on that giant space boomerang ever since. Speaking of which, why is the Fed scout ship missing from STO? It would have made a good frigate pet.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    gethralkin1gethralkin1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User

Nice knowing ya, Kael.

Who is Kael?

I'm guessing you missed who started this thread.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    As noted, this could prove a most interesting plot arc. Perhaps with a good dose of intrigue and cloak-and-dagger...?