test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Science Ship Build Thread

Comments

• Options
    lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    Hello folks it's been a while but im glad to see the science community thriving and well. I havent been able to log in for 4-5 months, i just wanted to explain why because i feel bad abandoning the game so suddenly when TheScienceChannel was my pet project with @tunebreaker. Basically work and university have put a stranglehold on my time, i had to move to be next to school and have a very low end computer at my disposal and i have a tendency to buy all the new shinnies which i simply cant afford so i cut the temptation. In any case ive stuck with this game since the beginning and never stay away long. I am finally finishing up a rough draft of my science guide, its something i promised months ago and the least i can do is finish it. Hopefully ill get a better computer in the next couple months and i can squeeze in some play time.

In the meantime keep science alive and ill be in touch when the guide is ready for peer review.

Kronos
  • Options
    lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Jesus, im already six pages in and i havent even finished the section on Exotic Damage builds. 0.o
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    lolz

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    lsegn wrote: »
    Jesus, im already six pages in and i havent even finished the section on Exotic Damage builds. 0.o

There's now Temporal skills to add to that too. :tongue:
  • Options
    imkainimkain Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Temporal skills are amazing.
  • Options
    imkain wrote: »
    Temporal skills are amazing.

And somewhat OP..I wiped out a Vengeance Class in a PVP multiple times without ever decloaking..After I decloaked it was game over..

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    Ship Class/Tier
    Eternal Temporal Multi-Mission Science Vessel (T6)

Build Description
    This is a very Science-heavy budget build. This is made for players who own the 31st Century Temporal Ship pack who want to try out a heavy Science build without investing too heavily on it. Some notes:
    • This build was made with 31st Century Ship 3-pack owners in mind.
    • All of the items were acquired around 00:00, 9/21/2016 GMT +8. I set a 10M EC budget because I think that a relatively new Level 60 toon can get that amount of EC banked if they did Admiralty, DOffs and sold loot diligently. At that time, the total item costs reached 9.5M
    • This build requires that you have at least 1 R&D tree maxed out (Science).
    • This build was made for people that are not in a fleet and therefore does not have any fleet gear or fleet unlocks.
    • This build does not have any reputation items or traits. It's made for those either wanting to test the waters on a sci build but unwilling to spend the dil and marks for the higher-end stuff or for those who are just about to start their reputation grind.
    • This build requires you have at least 1 specialization leveled (Strategist).

So far this build is averaging 50-60k in PUG ISAs (irregardless of the PUG group skill) with a top parse of 70k. Your mileage may vary.

Build Link - https://redd.it/53wl8m
    ISA Test
    https://youtu.be/1uYKX3ZVr9g
  • Options
    e30ernest wrote: »
    Ship Class/Tier
    Eternal Temporal Multi-Mission Science Vessel (T6)

This is a very Science-heavy budget build. This is made for players who own the 31st Century Temporal Ship pack who want to try out a heavy Science build without investing too heavily on it. Some notes:

So far this build is averaging 50-60k in PUG ISAs (irregardless of the PUG group skill) with a top parse of 70k. Your mileage may vary.

Build Link - https://redd.it/53wl8m
    ISA Test
    https://youtu.be/1uYKX3ZVr9g

I've got a similar set up averages about what yours does tho my top pars is slightly higher (Basically gave my sci toon everything I dont use..)..Good work tho.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    coruunascoruunas Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    So after taking a month off of STO, I wanted to get back to my support/who cares about DPS builds.

Currently thinking of a primarily anti shield drain ship. Looking at a combo of Hirogen and breen gear, Mainly the Apex set with at least 3 Breen Pieces from abso. zero. Figure to use C RF, and SV along with TS1 (Quantum Phase). Not sure if I want Phased tetryon or destabilizing teyryon turrets.

Now with Endothermic Inhibitor Beam does the 30% damage to shields for just weapon damage or will something like tachyon beam be improved?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Having binged on Black Sails I came up with this. I started with a base of the Protonic Polaron Kool-Aid and went from there to create a close range grapple and boarding vessel ( Just try not talking like a pirate when you do this).

Meant to stay within 2KM to reduce Boarding Party Distance and keep demo teams going. Tractor Beam to keep em from slipping out of range, Viral matrix and boarding parties to wreak havoc

The solanae set should keep the ship intact and the Kool-Aid reducing their capacity to resist. For now its more of a Ctrl-X rather than Drain-X, but I figure anyone who wants to fool around with this can flavor for their own preference or most can be substituted for a less ec/lobi expensive build.

The only personal space traits worth mentioning are psych Warfare and Invasive Control Programming for more and longer mayhem

One thing I am not sure of are the interactions of all this stuff. What overides and cancels, etc.
    #[Granuaile](http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/165e8ed7f2f58fc0b2fb8cd5224899a7)

---

##Captain Info

**Category** | **Data**
    :--|:--
    *Captain Career* | Science
    *Captain Faction* | Federation
    *Primary Specialization* | Temporal Operative
    *Secondary Specialization* | Strategist

---

##Build Description

Science Pirate, closeBoarding action

---

##Starship Info

**Category** | **Data**
    *Ship Model* | Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit [T5-U]

---

##Starship Loadout

**Slot** | **Component** | **Rarity**
    :--|:--|:--
    **Fore Weapon** | Protonic Polaron Turret Mk XII [Acc]x2 | Very Rare
    | Protonic Polaron Turret Mk XII [Acc]x2 | Very Rare
    | Experimental Proton Weapon Mk XII | Very Rare
    | |
    **Aft Weapon** | Protonic Polaron Turret Mk XII [Acc]x2 | Very Rare
    | |
    **Deflector** | Solanae Deflector Array Mk XIV | Very Rare
    | |
    **Secondary Deflector** | Solanae Secondary Deflector Mk XIV | Rare
    | |
    **Impulse Engine** | Solanae Hyper-Efficient-Impulse Engines Mk XII | Very Rare
    | |
    **Warp Core** | Iconian Resistance Hyper Injection Warp Core Mk XIV [AMP] | Ultra Rare
    | |
    **Shield Array** | Solanae Resilient Shield Array Mk XII | Very Rare
    | |
    **Engineering Console** | Console - Engineering - Conductive RCS Accelerator Mk XIV [+Flow] | Ultra Rare
    | Console - Universal - Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat Mk XIV | Epic
    | Console - Universal - Bounty Hunter's Friend Mk XIV | Very Rare
    | |
    **Science Console** | Console - Science - Exotic Particle Field Exciter Mk XIV [DrainX] | Epic
    | Console - Science - Flow Capacitor Mk XIV | Epic
    | Console - Science - Flow Capacitor Mk XIV | Ultra Rare
    | Console - Science - Temporal Disentanglement Suite Mk XIV | Very Rare
    | Console - Universal - Quantum Phase Converter Mk XIV | Ultra Rare
    | |
    **Tactical Console** | Console - Universal - Zero Point Energy Conduit Mk XIII | Very Rare
    | Console - Universal - Plasmonic Leech infin | Epic

---

##Officers and Crew

**Bridge Officers** | **Power**
    **Lieutenant Universal (Science)** | Polarize Hull I
    | Tractor Beam II
    |
    **Lieutenant Tactical** | Tactical Team I
    | Cannon: Rapid Fire I
    |
    **Lt. Commander Engineering** | Structural Integrity Collapse I
    | Engineering Team II
    | Boarding Party II
    |
    **Commander Science** | Science Team I
    | Hazard Emitters II
    | Tractor Beam III
    | Viral Matrix III
    |
    **Ensign Science** | Tachyon Beam I

**Duty Officers** | **Power**
    Very Rare Assault Squad Officer | Chance for Boarding Party shuttles to be armed.
    Very Rare Systems Engineer | Chance to shut down additional subsystems after 30 sec when using Viral Matrix

---

##Character, Reputation, and Starship Traits

**Personal Space Traits** | **Description**
    Ablative Shell | After taking a moderate amount of damage, automatically trigger a large Heal-Over-Time and Damage Resistance effect.
    Astrophysicist | Improves Starship Particle Generators, Flow Capacitors, and Sensors stats.
    Efficient Captain | Provides a bonus to Warp Core Efficiency skill, improving all power levels.
    Invasive Control Programming | When you activate a Control effect on a foe (such as Jam Sensors), add a random Subsystem Offline effect.
    Accurate | Improves the accuracy of space weapons.
    Pattern Recognition | While in combat, your ability to defend against enemy starships will gradually improve, reperesnted by an increase in defense and shield hardness. Can be stacked up to 4 times.
    Operative | Increases Critical Chance and Critical Severity.
    Psychological Warfare | Improves the effectiveness of your Control abilities. This includes the following effects: Confuse, Disable, Hold, Knock, Placate, Repel, Root and Slow
    Warp Theorist | Improves Warp Core Potential and Electro-Plasma Systems skills.
    Innocuous | Slightly increases Critical Severity, and makes enemies less likely to attack you over other targets.

**Space Reputation Traits** | **Description**
    Chrono-Capacitor Array | Reduce the recharge time of your Bridge Officer abilities.
    Energy Refrequencer | Your directed energy attacks heal you for a portion of the damage dealt.
    Radiant Detonation Matrix | Directed energy weapons have a chance to deal additional radiation damage and remove buffs in a small area around the target.
    Enhanced Rending Shots | Every time your ship fires a weapon you will receive a bonus Crit Chance. Upon a successful Crit the increased Chance is reset.

**Active Reputation Traits** | **Description**
    Anti-Time Entanglement Singularity | Anti-Time Entanglement Singularity creates an Anti-Time anomaly in the target's immediate vicinity. The singularity causes severe Physical damage to foes caught within while slowing and potentially locking them in place as normal space-time violently interacts with the anomaly. This singularity rapidly shrinks in size until it fully dissipates.
    Deploy Sensor Interference Platform | Deploy a Sensor Interference Platform which redirects most weapons fire to itself. The platform generates an inhibiting feedback pulse around nearby allied vessels, reducing the damage of enemies who attack targets other than the platform.
    Refracting Tetryon Cascade | Release a cascading burst of Tetryon energy from your Deflector Dish at foes within 3km. It will refract to two nearby targets dealing less damage with each jump. The charge can only jump 5km to the next target.
    Bio-Molecular Shield Generator | Creates a fixed position shield generator, in space combat, that regenerates starship shields and reduces the damage taken by starship shields for allies in the immediate area.

**Starship Traits** | **Description**
    All Hands on Deck | Activating a Tactical or Command Bridge Officer ability will reduce the recharge time of Science Bridge Officer and Captain abilities. This may only occur once every few seconds.
    Demolition Teams | While within a short distance of your foe, you will periodically beam over commando squads trained in demolition, to plant charges aboard the enemy vessel. After sufficient charges have been placed, they will be detonated to deal shield-ignoring kinetic damage.
    Energy Web | Activation of Beam: Overload, Surgical Strikes or Cannon: Rapid Fire will empower your next attack, causing your foe to be trapped in an Energy Web. Enemies trapped in the Energy Web will suffer heavy shield penetrating physical damage over time and be held briefly. This ability's damage is improved by Auxiliary power and Starship Particle Generators skill. Energy Web can be triggered once every 45 seconds.
    Particle Feedback | Using an Exotic Damage ability will provide a small bonus to Armor Penetration. This bonus stacks up to 3 times.

---

*Above was translated automatically from http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/165e8ed7f2f58fc0b2fb8cd5224899a7 using [Automatic Build Converter](https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/5466ul/automatic_sto_academy_build_converter/), version 2.1.3.0. Questions and problems related to output (but not the build) are to be directed at [Emzi0767](https://www.reddit.com/message/compose/?to=eMZi0767&subject=STO+Academy+Converter).*

Post edited by coruunas on
  • Options
    kostamojenxkostamojenx Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    I put together a list of what to use for Exotic damage builds considering the CE event is going on and these builds DOMINATE the Crystaline Catastrophe! I posted this elsewhere for my fleet, but figured I'd post it here as well for reference...

Included is a guide for what items/skills/etc. To use to create a high-damage DPS Exotic build for your starship. The purpose of Exotic Damage builds is to boost damage via non-weapon skills, via both items that boost the Particle Generators stat for your starship and any item that boosts “Exotic Damage” or anything that boosts ALL DAMAGE. Currently, not many enemies in STO have resistance to Exotic damage, so these skills when properly buffed, cause extreme damage to targets, and especially to targets in groups. The focus is also to take out as many targets at once rather than focusing on single-target damage, which Exotic damage does far better than most weapon skills including Fire at Will.

Couple of starting notes:

For this build to be its most effective, you should be a TACTICAL CAPTAIN!

Also, Captains must use TEMPORAL OPERATIVE and STRATEGIST specialization trees!

Now here are the items/skills/traits/etc. Best used for boosting Exotic damage builds… Also note, a skill tree is not included, that can be discussed separately...

Starship Skills

Engineering -

Emergency Power to Shield (REQUIRED for defense!)

Auxiliary to Structural (Defensive heal/Resist buff)

Emergency Power to Auxiliary (More Exotic damage!)

Endothermic Inhibitor Beam (Minor Exotic Damage DOT)

Structural Integrity Collapse (Minor Exotic Damage DOT)

Aceton Beam (Minor Radiaton Damage DOT)

Science -

Gravity Well (AOE DOT Pull, REQUIRED!!!)

Destabilizing Resonance Beam (AOE DOT, REQUIRED!!!)

Subspace Vortex (AOE DOT, REQUIRED!!!)

Tractor Beam Rupulsors (DOT/push, or Pull with Graga Mall DOFF)

Feedback Pulse (High-reflective damage when used with special Starship Trait)

Hazard Emitters (Must use heal of course!)

Tactical (If used) -

Kemocite Laced Weaponry (AOE Rad damage with weapons)

Fire at Will (Multiple target damage with beams)

Torpedo Spread III (Use this with Neutronic torps or PEP torps for maximum damage)

Attack Pattern Beta (Debuffs on multiple targets with FAW firing)

Temporal (If used) -

Entropic Redistribution (Single-target MASSIVE EPG damage!)

Chronometric Inversion Field (AoE Debuff and Exotic DOT)

Channeled Deconstruction (Single-target DOT/Entropy stacker)

Rapid Decay (Single-Target DOT)

Entropic Cascade (Multi-target cascading DOT)

Intel (If used) -

Override Subsystem Safteys (Increase Power levels/Exotic Damage)

Traits:

Personal Space Traits -

Boosting EPG or Exotic Damage;

Particle Manipulator (REQUIRED!)

Inspirational Leader (REQUIRED!)

Positive Feedback Loop

Astrophysicist

Fleet Coordinator

Anchored

Psychological Warfare

Advanced Rapid Support (FLEET skill cooldown reduction)

A Good Day to Die (GDF usable always)

For Defense;

Ablative Shell (REQUIRED!)

Automated Rerouting

Biotech Patch

Give Your All

Secret Command Codes

Starship Traits -

All Hands on Deck (Cooldowns)

Peak Efficiency (Cooldowns)

Highly Specialized (Cooldowns/Exotic Damage)

Exotic Modulation (Exotic Damage)

Checkmate (Exotic Damage)

Emitter Synergy (Exotic Damage/Defense)

Invincible (Defense!!!)

Improved Feedback Pulse (Situational...)

Reputation Traits [Space] -

Energy Refrequencer (Defense/Heals)

Particle Generator Amplifier (Exotic Damage)

Auxiliary Power Configuration Offense (Exotic Damage/REQUIRED!!!)

Auxiliary Power Configuration Defense (Defense/REQUIRED!!!)

Chrono-Capacitor Array (Cooldowns)

Nanoprobe Field Generator (Defense)

Ship Gear:

Deflector -

#1) Solanae Deflector (Mission Reward)

#2) Counter-Command Deflector (Reputation)

#3) Dyson Deflector (Reputation)

Secondary Deflector -

#1) Deteriorating Secondary Deflector [epg] [SA +dmg] (Crafting/Exchange)

#2) Strategic Deteriorating Secondary Deflector [EPG] [EnDmg] [SA +Dmg] (Fleet holding)

Warp Core -

#1) Temporal Phase Overcharge Warp Core [AMP ie Ultra Rare] (Mission Reward)

#2) Terran Task Force Quantum Capacitor Warp Core [AMP] (Reputation)

#3) Iconian Resistance Hyper Injection Warp Core [AMP] (Reputation, use with 3-piece Iconian Set IE Shield/Engine)

Shield/Engine – (2-piece set bonus’s important here more so than the rest)

#1) Romulan Prototype Shield/Impulse Engines (For bonus EPG and Crit, lose defense for Offense with this combo) (Reputation)

#2) Iconian Resistance Shield/Impulse Engines (Better defensive setup here, best shield in the game and a good 2-piece bonus) (Reputation)

#3) Solanae Shield/Impulse Engines (Free and usable with the deflector, thats the only reason to use this over Rep sets you might not have yet) (Mission Reward)

Consoles:

Tactical -

Chronometric Capacitor (Mission Reward)

Science -

Exotic Particle Field Exciter [EPG] (Crafting/Exchange)

Exotic Particle Focuser [EPG] (Fleet holding)

Plasma-Generator Weapon Signature Nullifier [EPG] (Fleet holding)

Temporally Shielded Datacore (Mission Reward)

Engineering -

Conductive RCS Accelerator [EPG]

Universal -

Constriction Anchor (Lockbox/Exchange)

Delphic Tear Generator (Lockbox/Exchange)

Causal Anchor (31rst Century Ship Pack)

Interphase Quantum Distributor (Lobi Store)

Nukara Particle Converter (Reputation)

Temporal Rift Stabilizer (Paradox Lobi Ship/usable on Temporal ships)

Weapons: (Note: This area of science builds is wide open, very few “required” weapons to use)

*Chronometric Polaron Beam Array/Omni-Directional Array/Krenim Torpedo (for the 3- piece/4-piece bonus skill that grants Exotic damage for 15 or 30 seconds)

*Terran Task Force Disruptor Beam array (High damage Beam, always good when not using tac consoles)

*Advanced Thoron Infused Polaron Beam Array/Neutronic Torpedo (Good 2-piece set for Torpedo damage, you can use the beam to reduce the torp cooldown and increase Radiation damage)

*Advanced Temporal Defense Chroniton Beam Array (Reduces Cooldowns occasionally)

*Hyper-Refracting Tetyron Dual Beam Bank (Usable with the matching Nukara console)

*Particle Emission Plasma Torpedo Launcher (Proc emission cloud damage boosted a TON by EPG!)

Duty Officers (Space)

Space Warfare Specialist – Chance of Outgoing Damage Applied as Healing (Science Abilities or Tactical abilities if using Tactical skills) [Great for healing when combined with Energy Refrequencer]

Energy Weapons Officer – Chance to Gain Shield Power when using Energy Weapons [Good for boosting shield power]

Warp Core Engineer – Chance of temporarily improving your ship power on use of any Emergency Power Ability [for boosting power levels once again]

Technician – Increase Exotic Damage when using Emergency Power to Auxiliary [Exotic Damage!]

Damage Control Engineer – While using Auxiliary to Structural Integrity Field, Placate next attacker [Great for defense]

Gravimetric Scientist – Chance to create an aftershock Gravity Well [REQUIRED!!!]

Development Lab Scientist – Adds Resistance Debuff to Feedback Pulse [only good when using feedback pulse]

Tractor Beam Officer – Tractor Beam Rupulsors now pulls nearby enemy ships [Graga Mal, use this with Repulsors, not completely necessary though]

For any more questions on these individual items/skills/etc., please consult the STO Wiki: sto.gamepedia.com
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Hey fellow scientists.

I just wanted to share my three updated sci-energy builds for general PvE. Most noteworthy changes since last linking are a cutback in DrainX stats in favor of more EPG. As a result Tachion Beams, Energy Syphons and Tyken Rifts had to go. For me the EPG-based boff powers simply get the job done better as the casual PvE critter remains rather unimpressed over DrainX (and still needs to be destroyed anyway). Any ship-wide energy shortage as a possible result (plasmonic leech) has been compensated by the Astika's supremacy trait I managed to integrate as standard on my toons. This ship has been cheaper to get on the exchange lately as peeps rather chase the “newer” stuff and its not as if my constant ground PvE crusades in STO would leave me particularly poor or anything.

The gear, traits and boff powers on all three sci toons are frightening similar by now however the ships themselves as well as the weapons arrangement (not to mention the toon's spec and skill trees) ensure a diverse enough (but at the same time reliable) PvE participation after each toon hop. This is just the way I need it with a gang of 10 characters in sum that I try to play more or less equally.

On the Paradox and the new Eternal the performance besides fun is satisfactory with around 100k DPS in ISa and CCa in a lot of pug runs. The current event is particular fun in pugs as I’m sure you sci-guys noticed too. I got the Recluse well over 80K by now however for support roles the art is more to let other do the deepz instead of doing it yourself.

Here are the STO Academy links:

USS Deepwater Black - Eternal Temporal Multi-Mission Science Vessel - PvE dog fight build (Sci | Polaron ernegy)

ISS Black Hole Sun - Paradox Temporal Dreadnought - PvE siege build (Sci | Tetryon energy)

IKS Event Horizon - Tholian Recluse Carrier - PvE support build (Sci | Disruptor energy)

I think in the near future (probably next upgrade weekend) I try to squeeze in the terran bank on the Tetryon and Polarn builds as well. +beam consoles could be easily installed over the few generic ones then. Another idea could be to roll over the polaron guns to the Recluse as a supporter and give him back some decent DrainX with some respective boff powers. Unfortunately I find myself much more often in company of bad pugs than good ones so in general EPG is the safer horse to bet on (especially when there is nothing to support and you have to do it yourself).
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    Updated the start of this thread with some relevant calculators as well as @lucho80's 14-year-old min-maxer's guides. :smile:
  • Options
    With S13 here, posting some new EPG torp builds here:

Fleet Long Range Science Vessel (Pathfinder)/Tier 6
    Description

This is an end-game DPS build focusing on radiation, exotic damage and torpedos. Skill tree included.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/6cijqb/uss_curiosity_fleet_pathfinder_scitorp_s13_build/

Temporal Multi-Mission Science Vessel (Eternal)
    Description

This is a "pure" exotic damage build with no Tactical skills used. Skill tree included.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/6aywa2/elis_exoticheavy_scitorp_eternal_heavy_exotic/
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Time has passed since my last post, so I might as well share my upgraded sci-torp Brigid (T6 Vesta) here as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/6dghbk/uss_buteo_regalis_grubers_scitorp_brigid_t6_vesta/
    It is still roughly the same vessel as the one posted in Page 4, but now ported over to T6 (huge thanks to Cryptic for releasing those) and with new and even better toys on it.
  • Options
    kostamojenxkostamojenx Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Time to debut my major league successful Season 13 build in its final form. I call it the "Unstable Protonic Collapse" build:

VQXfUbb.jpg

With the changes in season 13, there have been some skills that have been buffed and skills that have been nerfed. This build takes full advantage of the buffed skills and eliminates the heavily nerved skills.

This final build was a result of having to find a replacement for Gravity Well. At this point in time, Gravity well, especially Grav Well 1, no longer functions as a skill that can control a group of targets and move them into a bunch for splash damage from other AoE attacks, skills and explosions. So I had to find a replacement...

Timeline Collapse IS that replacement! It has not had the same control nerf as Gravity Well, but yes it does not have the same range that Grav Well used to have. I've tried it on several ships that are not Science ships and it works great as a control skill! It also hits for a HUGE hit when it collapses if you have lots of particle gens! Sadly you need a Lt. Cmdr. Temporal slot on a ship to use it, not many ships to pick from.

The second part of this build that came about because of season 13 is the Protonic Science consoles from Dyson rep. They received a HUGE buff in season 13, so much so that stacking several can work almost guarantee your target is hit with 35,000+ damage spike hits with various Science skills that proc said consoles. This number is also based on Particle Gen skill points, so stacking as much Particle Gens as possible REALLY boosts the damage of these hits!

Tykens Rift has received a large buff from Season 13 as many of us know. It does a great job of both draining targets AND causing DoT damage. On the big plus side, there is NO shared cooldown with Timeline Collapse! This means unlike Grav Well, you can use BOTH skills simultaneously! It also gets a boost in DoT damage from the correct Secondary Deflector.

An additional skill that works great with Particle Gens and the Protonic Console is Chronometric Inversion Field. This is a large AoE debuff and DoT skill that can do significant damage (almost invisibly) plus works perfectly with Timeline Collapse for the use of Entropy. It also can be used at a lower Lt. Temporal slot which leaves Lt. Cmdr slots open for better skills.

The FINAL piece of the puzzle I discovered, is Unstable Anomalies. This Starship Trait from the Paradox causes Tykens, Chronometric Inversion, AND Timeline Collapse to all EXPLODE when they finish for hits for 25,000+ with lots of Part Gens. This means that when Timeline Collapse is used, you can hit for the Protonic Consoles initial, plus TWO HUGE hits after Timeline Collapse actually collapses!!!

Using this combo of skills and huge hits they cause I can kill a tac cube in Borg Red Alert without firing any regular weapons, or I can kill a whole group of basically anything with relative ease. The best part is that it can be applied to several ships and builds if needed, the only major components required are the one trait plus a Lt. Cmdr or higher Temporal slot and an extra Lt. or higher BO slot for Tykens rift. Throw in Destabilizing Resonance Beam for the final curtain call on anything you plan to kill! :D
  • Options
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/92e9db6915d79dda72af7f620b3d052b

My Current Build for my Romulan Surhuelh Reconnaissance Explorer Warbird on my Eng Rom toon. Keeps me alive in Elite Core Assault and Mirror Advanced and Its Easily doing 50k in ISA (probably piloting is why its not higher).

I guess..the theme for this build is Exotic Siege Build. Combing all the Aoe into 1 focused area for the Radiation Bombardment Matrix or Isometric Dispersal Array to just Wipe out Huge Swaths of NPCs.. The Omni-Directional Tachyon Wave Siphon lets me just sit inside a swarm of NPCS while keeping my shields up.

I typically swap out the Disruption Pulse Emitter for the final piece for my Quantum Phase Beam and use the Runabouts to hold things (players) in place.I'm still specialized for the sci Ultimate which is useful When I need the boost to my heals (makes Miracle worker hit nearly 100k) or the 50% crit chance on the Qphase beam and torps. When the Players come out in Core, GW3 is swapped for Tykens 3 and thrown at the cruisers

Pilfered Power,Catastrophic Overload,Cryonic Syphon,and Greedy Emitters round out my Traits (as some haven't made it to Sto academy yet)

Also Rapid Support and Regenerative Control Synergy for Personal Space traits..since they arent listed.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    greywalker#7639 greywalker Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    My son has talked me into starting a KDF engineer and I want to try out the new Gorn T6 ships once I level up. Thinking about a drain ship, but still thinking about it. I have played cruisers for too long, I love to wade in and take a beating but still live. Can you tell any difference in toughness between them and other sci multi mission ships?
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    My son has talked me into starting a KDF engineer and I want to try out the new Gorn T6 ships once I level up. Thinking about a drain ship, but still thinking about it. I have played cruisers for too long, I love to wade in and take a beating but still live. Can you tell any difference in toughness between them and other sci multi mission ships?

Compared to Federation versions of those ships, KDF "Gornstas" have got more hull. Federation variants have slightly (0.5) higher shield modifier and turn rate though. Other stats should be identical.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,192 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Not sure if my build belongs in this thread as its not a sci ship but I hope the build is a little different from normal and might give others sci ship pilots ideas. I say this as I am an ENG pilot in Cruisers but stacking into sci skills.

The basic version is use torpedoes to create plasma clouds and grav wells. Mines, Eject Plasma, both Metreon gas consoles. Followed with Reverse tractor repulsers to pull ships into my mines and clouds with the doff that disables engines when my eject plasma hits. The Metreon clouds already explode so I use the trait that makes Eject Plasma explode after 15 seconds. Reverberation so mines and torps disable shields and Con Firepower for lots of High Yield torps for plasma clouds and grav wells. You end up spamming a very large amount of clouds and Grav wells all of which do high hull damage when you stack into Exotic Damage.
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
  • Options

So..As a user of the Rom variant (I also use the fed one but not often). Being an engineer with all the T6 multimission pieces (Maybe the lukari set and Piezo-polarons) These ships will be VERY tanky.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    greywalker#7639 greywalker Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    > @odinforever20000 said:
    > greywalker#7639 wrote: »
    >
    > My son has talked me into starting a KDF engineer and I want to try out the new Gorn T6 ships once I level up. Thinking about a drain ship, but still thinking about it. I have played cruisers for too long, I love to wade in and take a beating but still live. Can you tell any difference in toughness between them and other sci multi mission ships?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So..As a user of the Rom variant (I also use the fed one but not often). Being an engineer with all the T6 multimission pieces (Maybe the lukari set and Piezo-polarons) These ships will be VERY tanky.

Tanky sounds perfect! Thanks will have to do some research and work towards this I think!
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    With the start of Season 13 I was forced to adjust all my toons in light of the changes to game mechanics. Suffice to say that my energy centric science builds felt the embassy console (amongs the other) nerf(s) the hardest meaning almost a cut in half in DPS output.

Nevertheless and with little adjustments all three science builds still perform reliably in pug and channel runs alike with ISA numbers up to 80k DPS so far. Highlight for me this weekend was the acquisition of an Annorax which I gave to my lead space science toon. What a lovely and forgiving craft for PvE especially when building ships more or less balanced instead of arranging everything around single science stats. With it I was able to lead a successful HSE fleet run in an average (but very disciplined) team without any problems. I must say the split seconds before the retaliation of numerous gravity-welled spheres at once are pretty exciting again. :#

Zarlotte’s Annorax: U.S.S. Deepwater Black (polaron - broadside)

Imp’s Paradox: I.S.S. Black Hole Sun (tetryon - siege)

Chameleon’s Recluse: I.K.S. Event Horizon (disruptor - support)

Future will tell if I ever get around to emphasize more on science attributes or even consider torpedoes. I probably won’t because the moment I do Cryptic would change the rules again and it’s not as if I wouldn’t have fun with what I’ve got.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    Some tips on flying an EPG Sci-Torp build post Season 13 in PvE

https://youtu.be/M3ku7s38soM

Here are some tips to get more out of an EPG Sci-Torpedo ship. This is by no means the only way to fly these kinds of ships. It's just what works for me.

This is the first video that I am doing voice commentary so please forgive me if my voice recording quality or pronunciation isn't the best.

I'd like to apologize for the lack of a transcript as of this post. The video is about 46 minutes long and I'm afraid that a transcript would just turn out to be an unreadable wall of text. So instead, I hope you guys are ok with just timestamps for now:

0:00 - Intro
    1:30 - Eternal's skill tray
    13:07 - Sci DPS explained
    14:24 - Exotic damage ability grouping and activation
    15:33 - Cooldown management
    16:47 - Intro to ISA and why I am using it to demonstrate flying EPG builds in this video
    18:06 - Eternal ISA run and walkthrough
    27:16 - Eternal ISA parse insights
    29:24 - Intro to the torpedo side of Sci-Torps
    29:43 - Pathfinder's skill tray
    31:33 - Why I fire my torps manually and overview of torps I am using for the Pathfinder
    35:04 - Cooldown management on the Pathfinder
    35:53 - Pathfinder ISA run and walkthrough
    43:02 - Pathfinder ISA parse insights
    45:32 - Final words and thanks

It's pretty lengthy, and I might be rambling at times, but I hope this video is helpful for those trying to get the most out of their Sci builds.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Sounds like a lot of changes, gonna have to relearn everything after my unexpected break.
  • Options
    So this time I'm gonna try the myth busters approach. Going to use ships in ways they were not intended to be used. Take a cruiser or escort with minimal science seating and try to get science result out of them. For example I can take my steam runner and turn it into a nasty shield stripper with right gear and traits. One of the end goals is to see how several of these types ships can come together and manage various stfs.
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    coruunas wrote: »
    So this time I'm gonna try the myth busters approach. Going to use ships in ways they were not intended to be used. Take a cruiser or escort with minimal science seating and try to get science result out of them. For example I can take my steam runner and turn it into a nasty shield stripper with right gear and traits. One of the end goals is to see how several of these types ships can come together and manage various stfs.

I have a Fleet Aelahl which makes a decent exotic damage/radiation/torpedo build. Nothing spectacular DPSwise but it gets the job done. Image: https://www.tarazedi.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=188&p=249#p249

• Options
    mneme0 wrote: »
    coruunas wrote: »

I have a Fleet Aelahl which makes a decent exotic damage/radiation/torpedo build. Nothing spectacular DPSwise but it gets the job done. Image: https://www.tarazedi.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=188&p=249#p249

I wish the console on the Aelahl was not restricted to that ship...Could be fun on one of the new Science Warbirds..

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    So I got my hands on the Herald Dreadnought and came up with this.

Aodnait http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/e282fcae86d369b9de6ee6ce549e7633

Simply put, its designed to rip down shields and power in order to let torpedoes and the advanced mirs turn opposing ships into rapidly dispersing clouds.

While this variant is rigged for heavy drain it doesn't take much work to flip it over to crtrlx or epg builds and with the seating flexibility it can cover most sci roles